Author Topic: Hip Hop Thread  (Read 641284 times)

Rusty_Berrings

Re: Hip Hop Thread
« Reply #1800 on: September 05, 2013, 06:38:36 AM »
"Let's see who can quote a Daddy Kane line the fastest"

Pearl

« Reply #1801 on: September 05, 2013, 08:53:40 AM »

smokecrack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 11:12:28 AM by smokecrack »

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1803 on: September 08, 2013, 05:44:04 PM »
"Kanye West's 1st solo tour in 5 years with Kendrick Lamar"

Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1804 on: September 08, 2013, 06:08:50 PM »

referring to the watch the throne tour with co-billing, but yeah, the wording is funny. weird he's touring with kendrick since they haven't collab'd as far as i know and kendrick didn't mention him at all in his now famous control verse. you'd think kanye would be pretty bummed that kendrick didn't recognize him on the track as a threat worth murdering nor a legend.

RoedGroed

• Rep: 60
« Reply #1805 on: September 09, 2013, 11:20:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
referring to the watch the throne tour with co-billing, but yeah, the wording is funny. weird he's touring with kendrick since they haven't collab'd as far as i know and kendrick didn't mention him at all in his now famous control verse. you'd think kanye would be pretty bummed that kendrick didn't recognize him on the track as a threat worth murdering nor a legend.

Actually went in here to see if anybody commented on that. Claiming to be better than all those rappers is okay with me, but claiming to be the King of NY is seriously wack. I kinda liked him up until this, even though he is pretty soft.

Fake Tits

« Reply #1806 on: September 09, 2013, 02:22:32 PM »
^^ soft?? Haha. 90% of rappers don't do any of the shit they rap about.

This years releases (jay etc)  have proven kendrick is the king of hip hop. Not just NY.

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #1807 on: September 09, 2013, 05:22:22 PM »
Gucci mane is going in on twitter right now its soooo funny
https://twitter.com/gucci1017

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #1808 on: September 09, 2013, 07:12:26 PM »

This years releases (jay etc)  have proven kendrick is the king of hip hop. Not just NY.
kendrick aint shit compared to half the undaground shyt i lbump... mainstearm is so fucking annoying is all that ppl know so they assume its good. fuck

Will Easley

« Reply #1809 on: September 09, 2013, 10:07:35 PM »

MCHG was dope i dunno why so many people on here are sleeping on it. Even Jay himself said it was arguably his 4th best album behind RD, Blueprint, & the Black Album. alot of songs that I thought were just decent actually really grew on me, and as a whole you can very easily play it from front to back. I'd give it like an 8.5 out of 10.

I'd say Kendrick is definitely the best out of all the newer cats if we're talking straight skill but i really just cant get into dudes whole catalog like that. dont get me wrong, he definitely has some songs that I REALLLLLLY fuck with, but it aint like I can listen to dude all day. he just doesnt have that kind of charisma/personality that really resonates with me.

RoedGroed

« Reply #1810 on: September 09, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »

This years releases (jay etc)� have proven kendrick is the king of hip hop. Not just NY.

Nobody who cares remotely about hiphop would even consider jays newest releases to compete for any type of crown. There is so much good underground hiphop out there. Especially from NY right now, and this is from guys rapning about real life, not some Jay, drake or kendrick type shit. Kendrick is soft as hell, and there are guys out there doing it right. I cant see how he gets so much respect, drake is good at rapping too, but that doesnt mean anybody respect him. Its like being down for Chaz, because he is obviously talented.. He is just fake as fuck.

RoedGroed

« Reply #1811 on: September 09, 2013, 10:22:53 PM »
MCHG is (imo) just Jay jumping on the trap waggon. All of that album is just trap music with some bragger lyrics. I dont care for it, he is not telling me anything that makes sense. And his flow went out the window unfortunatly. I guess thats what happens when Nas kills somebody, 'and his whole squad for dolo' - carreer change -> dumb down the audience to double the dollar -> trap music.

And i respect that it grew on you will. It probably would on me too if i listened too it some more. But it just doesnt speak to me at all, Jay hasnt got anything interesting to him anymore, but that might just be me haha.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 10:25:13 PM by RoedGroed »

Will Easley

« Reply #1812 on: September 09, 2013, 10:47:20 PM »
MCHG is (imo) just Jay jumping on the trap waggon. All of that album is just trap music with some bragger lyrics. I dont care for it, he is not telling me anything that makes sense. And his flow went out the window unfortunatly. I guess thats what happens when Nas kills somebody, 'and his whole squad for dolo' - carreer change -> dumb down the audience to double the dollar -> trap music.

And i respect that it grew on you will. It probably would on me too if i listened too it some more. But it just doesnt speak to me at all, Jay hasnt got anything interesting to him anymore, but that might just be me haha.

really the only "trap" shit on there is beach is better, fuckwithmeyouknowigotit & maybe tom ford. picasso baby, nickels & dimes, Daddy Dearest, and Oceans is classic Jay on new-age production. he does have some songs on there where he dumbed down his flow like tom ford & la familia but for the most part i think he came correct.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #1813 on: September 10, 2013, 01:57:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Actually went in here to see if anybody commented on that. Claiming to be better than all those rappers is okay with me, but claiming to be the King of NY is seriously wack. I kinda liked him up until this, even though he is pretty soft.

i fee like i need to comment on this because to me, this line went over most people's heads. all of these shitty, irrelevant NYC rappers felt the need to respond (Joel Ortiz, Uncle Murda, Joe Budden, Papoose, etc.) and they only strengthened his point. he is so superior to all other rappers (as an mc, as a songwriter and as a relevant artist in today's music world) that he felt so confident in his craft, in his talent, to claim the most holiest of holies in all of rap: New York. this is the birthplace of it all; the place where it all started. for him to claim it, for him to say he's the King of a city he doesn't call home, takes balls. now, can anyone name a rapper from New York who is a better mc, rapper, songwriter and is more relevant or influential in hip-hop today than Kendrick? not really, right? so he's right. he's such a better fucking MC that he can claim anyone's city, but he chose to claim the biggest city because he CAN. A$AP, French, Bronson, Joey Bada$$ etc. are nowhere near his level. they can't step to him on the mic. every other underground backpacker that thinks he's better than him, cannot achieve the commercial or critical success that Kendrick has. so on pretty much every level, he's better than any other rapper from New York in 2013. if you don't agree, then why has no one, especially someone from NYC, proven him wrong and shut his ass down? because they can't.

and why do you think he didn't mention Kanye? because he knows that Kanye is on a whole other level than him as an artist. Kendrick has talked about how much he looks up to Kanye for years (even before he made it.) he freestyled over "Monster" in 2010. he dressed like him in the "Drank" video. he gave him props for Yeezus and talked about how much of a genius he is. he knows he isn't there yet.

speaking of Ye, here he is performing "Bound 2" with Charlie Wilson (peep the Ray J diss at the beginning)

"Brandy little sister lame and he know it now"

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2013/09/10/kanye-west-performs-bound-2-with-the-roots-on-jimmy-fallon-video/

RoedGroed

« Reply #1814 on: September 10, 2013, 02:45:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

i fee like i need to comment on this because to me, this line went over most people's heads. all of these shitty, irrelevant NYC rappers felt the need to respond (Joel Ortiz, Uncle Murda, Joe Budden, Papoose, etc.) and they only strengthened his point. he is so superior to all other rappers (as an mc, as a songwriter and as a relevant artist in today's music world) that he felt so confident in his craft, in his talent, to claim the most holiest of holies in all of rap: New York. this is the birthplace of it all; the place where it all started. for him to claim it, for him to say he's the King of a city he doesn't call home, takes balls. now, can anyone name a rapper from New York who is a better mc, rapper, songwriter and is more relevant or influential in hip-hop today than Kendrick? not really, right? so he's right. he's such a better fucking MC that he can claim anyone's city, but he chose to claim the biggest city because he CAN. A$AP, French, Bronson, Joey Bada$$ etc. are nowhere near his level. they can't step to him on the mic. every other underground backpacker that thinks he's better than him, cannot achieve the commercial or critical success that Kendrick has. so on pretty much every level, he's better than any other rapper from New York in 2013. if you don't agree, then why has no one, especially someone from NYC, proven him wrong and shut his ass down? because they can't.

and why do you think he didn't mention Kanye? because he knows that Kanye is on a whole other level than him as an artist. Kendrick has talked about how much he looks up to Kanye for years (even before he made it.) he freestyled over "Monster" in 2010. he dressed like him in the "Drank" video. he gave him props for Yeezus and talked about how much of a genius he is. he knows he isn't there yet.

speaking of Ye, here he is performing "Bound 2" with Charlie Wilson (peep the Ray J diss at the beginning)

"Brandy little sister lame and he know it now"

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2013/09/10/kanye-west-performs-bound-2-with-the-roots-on-jimmy-fallon-video/

I get what you are saying for sure, but I don't think commercial success or relevance in the 'music industry' has anything to do with the King of NY thing, this is hiphop and he paid no dues in NY. The best rappers hardly got any recognition while their best shit came out. In my world critical or commercial success means nothing in this situation. Personally i think MC's like Nas and Rakim are better songwriters and a hell of a lot better MC's. He did a show here not too long ago - it was a show, and had nothing to do with mc'ing. Saw Nas not too long ago and he killed it in front of a crowd of only 300. I know Nas' or Rakims recent stuff hasn't gained the same popularity as Kendricks has, but that doesn't necessarily means that he is a better songwriter or MC. Regarding the never NY mc's - most of the responses were pretty weak, and I know Papoose is kinda.. you know.. but I actually enjoyed his response. And Mysonne and Los' too. Something intimidating about Mysonne.

Overall, I do think his verse was kinda taking the wrong way, and im really loving the competitive aspect of hiphop it kinda brought back. I have no respect for the King of NY claim however. He do seem kinda scared about the impact it had though:

"I?m way too wise and I?m way too polished to not get caught up in the hype of the media, but what I?m scared of is cats that?s not polished and they getting caught up in what they Twitter responses is saying. And what they?re homies around them saying and people gassing them up. And they try to take it to the next level."

But I do agree at some point though. No NY artist has shut him down really good, but that also has to do with them not being competitive in that way. I really like Bronson, but he said himself he would never be involved in any beef, Nas said he was over it too. I don't know if they could shut him down like people would expect them to though, but in my world they are better MC's.

Pearl

« Reply #1815 on: September 10, 2013, 07:24:48 AM »

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #1816 on: September 10, 2013, 03:20:16 PM »

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1817 on: September 10, 2013, 07:19:23 PM »
I get what you are saying for sure, but I don't think commercial success or relevance in the 'music industry' has anything to do with the King of NY thing, this is hiphop and he paid no dues in NY. The best rappers hardly got any recognition while their best shit came out. In my world critical or commercial success means nothing in this situation. Personally i think MC's like Nas and Rakim are better songwriters and a hell of a lot better MC's. He did a show here not too long ago - it was a show, and had nothing to do with mc'ing. Saw Nas not too long ago and he killed it in front of a crowd of only 300. I know Nas' or Rakims recent stuff hasn't gained the same popularity as Kendricks has, but that doesn't necessarily means that he is a better songwriter or MC. Regarding the never NY mc's - most of the responses were pretty weak, and I know Papoose is kinda.. you know.. but I actually enjoyed his response. And Mysonne and Los' too. Something intimidating about Mysonne.

Overall, I do think his verse was kinda taking the wrong way, and im really loving the competitive aspect of hiphop it kinda brought back. I have no respect for the King of NY claim however. He do seem kinda scared about the impact it had though:

"I?m way too wise and I?m way too polished to not get caught up in the hype of the media, but what I?m scared of is cats that?s not polished and they getting caught up in what they Twitter responses is saying. And what they?re homies around them saying and people gassing them up. And they try to take it to the next level."

But I do agree at some point though. No NY artist has shut him down really good, but that also has to do with them not being competitive in that way. I really like Bronson, but he said himself he would never be involved in any beef, Nas said he was over it too. I don't know if they could shut him down like people would expect them to though, but in my world they are better MC's.
I agree, but I think the Nas/Jay-Z beef shows that Nas would shut Kendrick down. Jay was pretty big at the time, and Nas just dumped all over him. If he wanted to, I bet Nas could do the same to Kendrick.
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #1818 on: September 12, 2013, 06:37:10 PM »

no mainstream fuckin wit b tite

flapJack

• Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #1819 on: September 12, 2013, 07:05:02 PM »
fuck you too Kanye. didn't even wanna go anyways...

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #1820 on: September 13, 2013, 12:24:46 PM »
too hard

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1821 on: September 14, 2013, 11:31:11 AM »
"Timeless classic"

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1822 on: September 14, 2013, 01:56:06 PM »
This dude wrote on my Myspace page once. Use your head for more than a hatrack before I choose to use the led to fuck up your hat back.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 01:59:21 PM by Rusty_Berrings »

malcyvelli

« Reply #1823 on: September 14, 2013, 02:28:35 PM »
Thoughts on the new "Wu Tang forever" track from Drake???

Overall I thought it was decent just completely lacking of real Wu Tang flavor, Inspectah deck said he thought it was trash yet I just got word that the remix featuring the Wu member was already recorded over the summer which is strange

Rumpleforeskin

« Reply #1824 on: September 14, 2013, 05:21:43 PM »
I wonder what Ghostface Killah thought, he's pretty fond of Drake.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #1825 on: September 14, 2013, 05:25:49 PM »
it sucked.  there was some really funny shit on the whoo kid show on shade 45 talking about it. talking about how it made you want to hug people.

i love riff raff, but he lends himself to some truly shitty production. when he's on a good beat it's so much better. can't wait for the bronson and riff album. action almost always has good production, with exception of a few harry fraud stinkers. i like fraud, but he seems to be spreading himself thin.

couldn't link to the soundcloud direct but:
http://www.thefader.com/2013/09/13/stream-beautiful-lou-f-action-bronson-and-riff-raff-long-pinky/

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #1826 on: September 14, 2013, 07:57:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I agree, but I think the Nas/Jay-Z beef shows that Nas would shut Kendrick down. Jay was pretty big at the time, and Nas just dumped all over him. If he wanted to, I bet Nas could do the same to Kendrick.
whoa. you really think nas won that beef? you're dreaming. takeover>ether all day and nas signed to jay's label after it was squashed. jay-z sold a million albums before it dropped, then it went gold in actual sales the first week. nas's newest album has still yet to even go gold at all. i know you guys are on some idealist shit about rap, but there's a reason it's called the "rap game." there are winners and losers in this shit. i'm not trying to shit on nas, but the fact is he's clearly only relevant to his preexisting fans now. how could he have won the beef when jay-z's career has only gotten bigger since then, while nas's has only gotten smaller? it's obvious that jay ethered ;) nas.

and the fact that rap is a game is precisely why kendrick is the best out right now. he's the most critically and commercially successful rapper right now, and yes, you need both to make that claim. rap music is so huge right now that you can't compare this era to that of rakim and early nas, when it was a little farfetched to have mainstream aspirations. now you've got jay-z selling a million copies of his album before it is released. has that ever happened to an artist from any other genre? safe to say that if you're a great rap artist, you'll be a successful artist. and no, having great bars does not make you a great rap artist, just a great rapper. some dudes just can't translate their cypher skills into great music.

WaveRace64God

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1827 on: September 15, 2013, 02:09:07 AM »
Is it still the cool thing to hate Drake for no reason? "Nothing Was The Same" will be incredible.

If you claim you disliked this performance/song you're probably just lying to yourself, honestly.

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #1828 on: September 15, 2013, 03:05:21 AM »
^ I hereby dislike this corny playback performance made for teenage girlies. Nothing against the piano guy but drake sucks forever.
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

flapJack

• Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #1829 on: September 15, 2013, 08:14:05 AM »
Is it still the cool thing to hate Drake for no reason? "Nothing Was The Same" will be incredible.

If you claim you disliked this performance/song you're probably just lying to yourself, honestly.

Its his voice. Im sorry he cant help it, but he has enough fans anyways. Its the same reason i dont like Wiz. I like scarfaces and killer mikes. Fools who say it like they mean it