Author Topic: Hip Hop Thread  (Read 641299 times)

Thelonious P

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -12
  • BracknellMassif
Re: Hip Hop Thread
« Reply #1620 on: June 16, 2013, 03:46:39 AM »
Can't Hold My Liquor has one of the best hooks on the album imo.
Kanye West - Hold My Liquor (Ft. Chief Keef) (Official Audio)

But forreal this album is packed with just bangers, there are no fillers, the replay value on this album is godlike.
May be because I'm a Kanye stan as it is but I've been listening to this album constantly since the leak, whenever you wanna replay a song you're super tempted to just go top to bottom through the track list again. Production is incredible, the lyrics are obviously not gonna be on some super deep lyrical shit but they're not supposed to be, it's music you can jam to, and bump in the whip.

Also deluxe edition is out soon, pumped as fuck.  ;D

*Yeezus ~ MBDTF
Still undecided, both are incredible for different reasons, not really comparable albums tbh due to a completely different sound in both.

Yeezus = "808s & Heartbreak on cocaine" sums it up pretty well actually.

commie

• Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1621 on: June 16, 2013, 05:46:32 PM »
I'm digging the Cole album way more.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #1622 on: June 16, 2013, 07:39:43 PM »
this 3 minute commercial just aired during the NBA Finals. Jiggaman has Timbaland, Pharrell, Rick Rubin and Swizz Beatz cooking up some next-level heat. his new album, Magna Carta Holy Grail, is out July 4th.

new Travi$ Scott video with T.I. and 2 Chainz. it's really sick (and it features the ATL twins.)

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #1623 on: June 16, 2013, 08:02:57 PM »
what do you mean come on? those lines arent deep lol give me an original thought instead of pasting shit
i was definitely let down on my first listen, but you're zoning to call out new slaves. i'm not even ALL the way feeling the beat (the sped up sample after his second verse is absolutely terrible, just awful) but the lines and delivery are unhateable. do you have a taste for rap music that lacks (inherent) mainstream appeal? i'd love to hear some examples of what you think are "deep lines."

whoever said it's more like an art exhibition is pretty spot on. and i will admit that some of these songs turned out just awful and sound rushed/unfinished. but the ones that i'm feeling i'm fucking with pretty heavy. favorites: new slaves and bound 2 most, then black skinhead, hold my liquor, and i am a god. ones that hurt my ears: on sight, guilt trip. i will definitely come back to the album soon and see if my opinion changes.

also let down after seeing those credits, i always appreciated/admired how much kanye produced on his albums.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 08:18:24 PM by Gomez »

Fake Tits

« Reply #1624 on: June 16, 2013, 08:21:24 PM »
Can't Hold My Liquor has one of the best hooks on the album imo.
Kanye West - Hold My Liquor (Ft. Chief Keef) (Official Audio)

But forreal this album is packed with just bangers, there are no fillers, the replay value on this album is godlike.
May be because I'm a Kanye stan as it is but I've been listening to this album constantly since the leak, whenever you wanna replay a song you're super tempted to just go top to bottom through the track list again. Production is incredible, the lyrics are obviously not gonna be on some super deep lyrical shit but they're not supposed to be, it's music you can jam to, and bump in the whip.

Also deluxe edition is out soon, pumped as fuck.?  ;D

*Yeezus ~ MBDTF
Still undecided, both are incredible for different reasons, not really comparable albums tbh due to a completely different sound in both.

Yeezus = "808s & Heartbreak on cocaine" sums it up pretty well actually.

my god that was shit. is keef mongo?

thugnificent

« Reply #1625 on: June 16, 2013, 08:28:44 PM »
Expand Quote
what do you mean come on? those lines arent deep lol give me an original thought instead of pasting shit
[close]
i was definitely let down on my first listen, but you're zoning to call out new slaves. i'm not even ALL the way feeling the beat (the sped up sample after his second verse is absolutely terrible, just awful) but the lines and delivery are unhateable. do you have a taste for rap music that lacks (inherent) mainstream appeal? i'd love to hear some examples of what you think are "deep lines."

the majority of rap i listen to is pretty mainstream (what an outdated term), believe me i hate those guys who says they only listen to real rap like jedi mind tricks and immortal technique. i didnt say anything about new slaves anyways, you really that thirsty for me to post lines deeper than chapelles show references? its not even like i care much for deep lines at all, but dude was on some ultimate hipster shit saying i dont 'get it', there's nothing to 'get'

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1626 on: June 16, 2013, 08:56:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

the majority of rap i listen to is pretty mainstream (what an outdated term), believe me i hate those guys who says they only listen to real rap like jedi mind tricks and immortal technique. i didnt say anything about new slaves anyways, you really that thirsty for me to post lines deeper than chapelles show references? its not even like i care much for deep lines at all, but dude was on some ultimate hipster shit saying i dont 'get it', there's nothing to 'get'
haha i hate those "real hip hop" dudes too (and a lot of those "real hip hop" artists), but this definitely isn't for you if the majority of the rap you listen to is mainstream. kanye has everyone fucked up by putting this out after watch the throne (niggas in paris, specfically). this album isn't all the way trash if you're into experimental shit though. and you followed dude's post of the new slaves video by saying those lines aren't deep.

also i don't know how you're wanting deeper lines than chappelle show references but primarily listen to mainstream rap. mainstream rap = pop culture, pussy, weed, lean, murder, and drug dealing references. kanye at least gives you three of those on here. it's rare i hear a rap song on the radio and find any deeper meaning in it. something's not adding up there. if you're just not feeling the production and the autotune, that's perfectly understandable. but his raps are good.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #1627 on: June 16, 2013, 10:00:50 PM »
wow you bitches actually fuck wit kayne and all that hipster dubstep shit? this some shit white girlz shit

aint no real nigguhz in here
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 10:03:41 PM by nino brown »

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1628 on: June 16, 2013, 11:31:26 PM »
haha sgp is occasionally awesome but that song is terrible. he rhymed tv and mtv, and not even like there was a word before it or after that rhymed. and he wears black nail polish, so he's far from a "real nigguh." get the fuck outta here with that. pretty sure you're like 14-17 though.

Fake Tits

« Reply #1629 on: June 17, 2013, 01:43:16 AM »
I agree.  That purp song was ass.  BUT I do like a bunch of his stuff.  Maybe cause I'm old and came up on triple 6.

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #1630 on: June 17, 2013, 05:44:34 PM »
haha sgp is occasionally awesome but that song is terrible. he rhymed tv and mtv, and not even like there was a word before it or after that rhymed. and he wears black nail polish, so he's far from a "real nigguh." get the fuck outta here with that. pretty sure you're like 14-17 though.
na hoe i just turned 24 last week.

you dont understand that mtv line cuz you dont fuck wit da unda ground.. nobody from the south care about that lyrical shit no mo

nothin wrong wit bein goth, i thought everybody was goth at some point?

s/o gothmoney
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 05:49:33 PM by nino brown »

carlwinslow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #1631 on: June 17, 2013, 06:36:56 PM »
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 06:49:54 PM by carlwinslow »

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #1632 on: June 17, 2013, 07:29:21 PM »
Im diggin the fuck out of Yeezus. That nigga Kanye must have written the whole thing while wearing his high fashion ski mask.

carlwinslow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #1633 on: June 17, 2013, 09:44:11 PM »

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1634 on: June 18, 2013, 02:34:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
na hoe i just turned 24 last week.

you dont understand that mtv line cuz you dont fuck wit da unda ground.. nobody from the south care about that lyrical shit no mo

nothin wrong wit bein goth, i thought everybody was goth at some point?

s/o gothmoney

no way any of that post could have been written seriously to be taken seriously. 24 years old and trolling a skateboard forum? come on dude.

Fake Tits

« Reply #1635 on: June 18, 2013, 09:16:55 PM »
how old do you have to be before your not trolling the internet?  im in my 30's and im trolling hard.

Mad Lauder

• Rep: 37
  • RIP SLIM DUNKIN
    • THEWORST avatar image
« Reply #1636 on: June 19, 2013, 07:18:24 PM »
yall are actin real gay right now.
talkin about "he rhymed the same word wit the same other word aww"
nigga its music.
this aint no fuckin sport.
and ppl hatin on yeezus i can understand that.
i listed to it ready to hate cuz i havent been a fan of kanye since college dropout.
but yall are listenin to it like its the new gucci tape.
no.
you gotta listen to it with a different state of mind.
dont be expectin to hear some hard ass street shit.
like you wouldnt listen to young scooter and be expectin some tech ass rhyme schemes.
I dont recall ever putting on anything Southpole in my life.
http://soundcloud.com/theworst

Yu Dum

« Reply #1637 on: June 19, 2013, 09:49:22 PM »
purp is dead
He lost some of his best members and called out over half of his audience. Then dissed #BASEDGOD. lil b isn't shit, but he has such a strong following that he may be fucked for saying it.
Ethel Wulf is doing his own shit and going to make it.

Sondor

• Rep: 60
« Reply #1638 on: June 20, 2013, 07:07:13 PM »

flapJack

• Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #1639 on: June 20, 2013, 11:53:57 PM »

flapJack

• Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #1640 on: June 21, 2013, 12:17:40 AM »
Im diggin the fuck out of Yeezus. That nigga Kanye must have written the whole thing while wearing his high fashion ski mask.

I love Bound 2. For those wanting classic Kanyeezy, there you go..

Idk how popular of an opinion it is, but he is one of the greatest. Soul

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1641 on: June 22, 2013, 11:27:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I love Bound 2. For those wanting classic Kanyeezy, there you go..

Idk how popular of an opinion it is, but he is one of the greatest. Soul
easily one of the greatest, hasn't put out a forgettable album. i never even listened to 808s but i can tell it's one of future's favorite albums. he uses autotune in exactly the same way as kanye, and he's getting pretty huge doing it. his first three albums were very influential as well. i was a huge fan until 808s but after yeezus i'm as big a fan as i ever was. (still only feeling about half the total runtime of the album, but i fuck with that half pretty heavy.)

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1642 on: June 22, 2013, 12:22:29 PM »
yall are actin real gay right now.
talkin about "he rhymed the same word wit the same other word aww"
nigga its music.
this aint no fuckin sport.
and ppl hatin on yeezus i can understand that.
i listed to it ready to hate cuz i havent been a fan of kanye since college dropout.
but yall are listenin to it like its the new gucci tape.
no.
you gotta listen to it with a different state of mind.
dont be expectin to hear some hard ass street shit.
like you wouldnt listen to young scooter and be expectin some tech ass rhyme schemes.
a shit track is a shit track. i'm a fan of some sgp shit, but that song was terrible, even for his standards. if your lyrics aren't impressive you better make up for it with style. he usually does, but on the one that dude posted, not at all.

vince staples - stolen youth
http://www.sendspace.com/file/t4vvc6

btw if you like sgp you'll like this

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1643 on: June 22, 2013, 01:14:32 PM »
Any AZ fans up in here? I really hope Doe or Die 2 comes out soon.
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

commie

• Rep: 17
« Reply #1644 on: June 24, 2013, 08:09:50 PM »

Nas killed this shit
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 08:18:54 PM by commie »

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #1645 on: June 25, 2013, 03:49:44 PM »
https://soundcloud.com/proeraradio/amethyst-rockstar-feat-kirk

Thanks to doom I'm discovering Joey Bada$$
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 04:09:08 PM by _UniversalTruth_ »
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

RoedGroed

« Reply #1646 on: June 26, 2013, 02:47:33 AM »

Nas killed this shit

So stoked on that one too! And also more stoked on J Cole after he did Let Nas Down actually.

Speaking on Nas, anybody noticed he dropped something 'Lost Tapes' related? He did this Before lost tape 2, that came on iTunes out of nowhere 2 weeks ago, and I cant find ANYTHING about it. No reviews, no nothing. Anybody knows whats going on?

Of course I bought it, and its some classic Nas stuff. Need to listen it through a few times, but it has a good Nas vibe to it.

okdad

• Rep: 16
« Reply #1647 on: June 26, 2013, 09:33:42 AM »
Where on itunes did you find it? It's not coming up when I search.
Who are you to judge what kinds of cocks he wants to suck?

RoedGroed

« Reply #1648 on: June 26, 2013, 09:49:43 AM »
I was actually looking for the original Lost Tapes album, since I used to listen to it all the time, but lost the CD. I just searched for Nas and sorted by albums. Its on the Danish iTunes, don't know if that makes a difference? But strange if it is in the Danish and not in other countries?

I double checked it, and it seems that the label is Dundrige Entertainment unlimited, but he has been signed to Def Jam until now? Might just be some weird ass bootleg shit? Damn.. till waiting on The Lost Tapes pt. 2, even though it probably never comes out!

BraveUlysses

« Reply #1649 on: June 26, 2013, 10:28:17 AM »
https://soundcloud.com/proeraradio/amethyst-rockstar-feat-kirk

Thanks to doom I'm discovering Joey Bada$$

It was the other way around for me.  I back Joey but I feel like that nigga thinks he's the "chosen one" or some corny shit like that. Maybe I just get that feeling based on the way people dick ride him.