Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 187294 times)

Bigwheelbite

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -162
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #300 on: May 22, 2021, 12:28:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Anyone else agree that they should make a slip on?
[close]

i wouldn’t be surprised if they did make one eventually. kinda seems fitting for the brand to make a basic one.

Asked them on IG a week or so ago and they said - 'Nope'

Missing a trick!  ::)

smokeybear

• Rep: -12
« Reply #301 on: May 22, 2021, 03:54:29 AM »
Does anybody have a true unbiased opinion on these?
Seems like everyone that has them bought them because they like Pontus/Polar and haven't said much about cushioning or durability. Ripping out non-removable insoles already sounds like the shoes aren't amazing.
I'd like to hear how these differ from Vans/Cons, because I like them but I know the leather collar is probably gonna rub my Achilles and having no stitching on the upper is a sure sign of bagging out. For $85-95US that's a lot for sub-par footwear no matter where it's made.

skated the green ones, nothing special, boring silhouette, had to take out the insole witch they glue... over all ehh its a simple shoe, don't like the shine on the mid sole makes it look like a cheap shoe and they are pricey for what you get. Still prefer vans ou cons jack parcel

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #302 on: May 22, 2021, 04:53:54 AM »
these cost the same as cons or vans, even less if you take the canvas versions. but i live in eu. actually surprised they are that cheap. 70 euros is about 10-15 euros cheaper than most skate vans.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #303 on: May 22, 2021, 05:50:50 AM »
Only slightly related but i went skydiving in my lr highs. Felt fresh as fuck as i freefalled

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #304 on: May 22, 2021, 09:01:01 AM »

The durability is amazing, not a single hole and i skated the shit out of them until now.

[/quote]

I skated these for about a month and definitely had a very different experience. The upper was pretty sturdy but I definitely had some serious holes going after a solid week and a half of skating fairly often. The main issue though is the absolute dog-shit sole. It wore down so much faster than any other brand I've skated recently. The outer foxing separated from the sole and became an intense pebble collector, in addition to just making the shoes lifespan awful. Retired them a good several weeks earlier than I have any of the other recent shoes I've skated (namely Crockett hi's and 440 hi's). If the sole weren't so fucking awful I could have seen myself shoe-gooing the holes and skating them for a while longer, but for now I'm not revisiting this brand unless I hear that some serious work has gone into fixing the sole problem.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #305 on: May 25, 2021, 02:47:42 AM »
I'm on the second pair now, even if I'm not skating much (1-2 times a week) I still have the first pair on the side for curb/mellow street skating and I've had them since february. The sole is giving up, but no rips, no lace nor stitching rips, abasolutely loving them.

Can't wait to get the canvas hi's.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

donkey

• Rep: -67
  • donk
« Reply #306 on: May 29, 2021, 09:08:37 PM »
two weeks into skating my hi top suedes.

amazing actually. like it has all the benefits of cons and vans at the same time and they fit perfectly. they hug my feet really well and make me feel very in control of my board while still providing a strong cupsole ish feel to them. board feel is great too but i’m mostly skating tranny so it doesn’t matter to me too much.

one thing i did notice and i’m not sure if anyone mentioned it yet but they have this like weird type of plastic film that lines the foxing of the shoe. it’s not even a big deal but it’s odd it’s almost like my shoes are shedding after being skated and i find myself picking them off almost like i’m pulling off dead skin. odd but whatever

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #307 on: May 30, 2021, 06:16:56 AM »

one thing i did notice and i’m not sure if anyone mentioned it yet but they have this like weird type of plastic film that lines the foxing of the shoe. it’s not even a big deal but it’s odd it’s almost like my shoes are shedding after being skated and i find myself picking them off almost like i’m pulling off dead skin. odd but whatever

yes!! I was wondering if it was only my pair? My new canvas lo's are doing that and it seems really strange.
ok thanks

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 104
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #308 on: June 22, 2021, 02:17:27 PM »
Just got some hi tops, they fit length wise but feel wide. Skated them on my cruiser board and they grip good, but honestly they feel like a cross between PK Flyers, Chuck Taylor's and a 80s hi top vans shoe that were not the skate ones.
Cocteau Twins

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #309 on: June 22, 2021, 04:13:05 PM »
Just got some hi tops, they fit length wise but feel wide. Skated them on my cruiser board and they grip good, but honestly they feel like a cross between PK Flyers, Chuck Taylor's and a 80s hi top vans shoe that were not the skate ones.
I'd agree with this review.  At some point I received a few 'kooks' for posting a pair of SeaVees in the non-skate shoes thread, but honestly these Last Resorts look similar and feel just like those SeaVees I got.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #310 on: June 23, 2021, 05:00:25 AM »
Almost gotten trough the second pair, I've noticed that the sole goes quicker than the upper but I'm not that mad.

Has anyone tried the canvas'?
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #311 on: June 23, 2021, 05:52:17 AM »
Almost gotten trough the second pair, I've noticed that the sole goes quicker than the upper but I'm not that mad.

They won’t be my main shoes but I really dig em, even off the board

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

smoothbrain

• Rep: 23
« Reply #312 on: June 23, 2021, 07:23:48 AM »
I've had two pairs of the lows and a pair of the canvas highs and got the lotties vm002s as well and they're by far my favourite, shape on all of them is spot on for what I like in a shoe I'm not chucking myself down stairs so I don't really need much support from an insole, quality is much better than any vans or cons I have had and took a long time so get a hole in the side even in the canvas ones, only draw back is the peeling on the sole where the shine comes off but that only happened on the canvas highs, just looks a bit funny but i just peeled it off while watching the new quasi video so it's not a big drawback. Definitely the only shoe I will wear skating from now on.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #313 on: June 25, 2021, 01:42:56 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They won’t be my main shoes but I really dig em, even off the board

so sick, I have the same board to set-up as well. SLAP minds think alike I guess.

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #314 on: June 25, 2021, 08:24:59 AM »
My local shop can't get rid of these things to the point they're BOGO. IF anyone is a fan hit up contact skate shop in Memphis and see if he's still running that special. Personally I like them if I were to wear them casually but I only wear cup sole shoes when i skate.

logjammin

• Rep: 346
« Reply #315 on: June 25, 2021, 11:59:42 AM »
I've been on some shoe madness lately trying to find better support and no idea why I ended up on these considering they're a vulc with a thin insole. I just really liked the look of them and the reviews I was reading seemed like they were made with better quality control than the big name brands. Went with the black/white low top suede. Just got them today and the support feels on par with Vans' "skate" line or maybe with just a little less cushion. I'm a 10.5 in every shoe that fits true to size, and I'd say these feel just ever so slightly larger but not large enough to get a half size down. I can't comment on how they skate yet, but just wanted to add to the hype and say these are some cool ass shoes, feels good to have something different than the usual options. Shalom

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #316 on: June 26, 2021, 02:29:14 PM »
Had my first session on the Canvas highs. First impressions in no particular order:
~canvas durability seems promising. Didn't immediately disintegrate like canvas all stars do
~grip and flick are both prime. Kick flips were feelin as nice as they can on new shoes and I actually ate shit on a wallride because my foot slipped off and the foxing stuck me to the wall.
~support is not there. I usually skate CTAS and these had roughly the same amount.
~upside of the above is that board feel is perfect.

Reaffirming pretty much what everyone else has said: they're great shoes as long as you're skating low impact.

I'll update on the canvas durability if there's anything remarkable.

logjammin

« Reply #317 on: June 27, 2021, 01:27:59 PM »
I ended up prying out the stock insoles with a kitchen knife and they came out pretty easily. Swapped them for some new Vans popcush insoles from a pair of Vans I never skated. They fit perfectly fine and now these shoes are the shit. Only little annoyances are the peeling foxing tape like sunburned skin, and my left shoe's tongue slides to the side like crazy. Overall pretty stoked on them though!

Ric Leonetti

• Rep: 20
  • Sorry if my name offends you
« Reply #318 on: July 09, 2021, 02:34:08 AM »
Do your shoes get that squeaky sound when you walk? I don’t mind it while skating but it’s annoying
The Man From The Place Of Clay

smoothbrain

« Reply #319 on: July 09, 2021, 04:28:18 AM »
I ended up prying out the stock insoles with a kitchen knife and they came out pretty easily. Swapped them for some new Vans popcush insoles from a pair of Vans I never skated. They fit perfectly fine and now these shoes are the shit. Only little annoyances are the peeling foxing tape like sunburned skin, and my left shoe's tongue slides to the side like crazy. Overall pretty stoked on them though!

Do you use things on the tongue to stop them slipping inside the shoe? I do it with all of mine and haven't had a problem with the tongue slipping, and if you don't like how it looks there is a way to do it without it showing.

chris.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #320 on: July 09, 2021, 04:41:22 AM »
From the Sale thread:

Orchard is having a summer sale. Deals to be had. Shout out to Armin and crew.

https://orchardshop.com/

I clicked through earlier and there are SO many LRAB for 25-30% off.

logjammin

« Reply #321 on: July 09, 2021, 05:22:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Do you use things on the tongue to stop them slipping inside the shoe? I do it with all of mine and haven't had a problem with the tongue slipping, and if you don't like how it looks there is a way to do it without it showing.

Yeah I use the tongue loop thing. But if you could share how to use it without it showing that would be rad! Shalom

smoothbrain

« Reply #322 on: July 09, 2021, 07:07:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah I use the tongue loop thing. But if you could share how to use it without it showing that would be rad! Shalom
This way seems to hold the tongue in place a bit tighter too hope these pictures help

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
« Reply #323 on: July 10, 2021, 12:38:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
This way seems to hold the tongue in place a bit tighter too hope these pictures help

This is how the skateshop I bought them from had them laced.  Can confirm that it works to hold the tongue in place.  I meant to relace them because I thought they missed a lace but I was lazy and never did. Guess they were onto something all along…

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -104
« Reply #324 on: July 11, 2021, 07:02:13 AM »
So I finally got a pair and skated them for about 2 hours yesterday, let’s just say my legs/feet are killing me, I legit just scraped the soles off and had to put vans insoles in them..idk they look appealing but I think Pontus needs to just find a better mold for these shoes..

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #325 on: July 15, 2021, 01:40:13 AM »
So, does anybody have a report on the canvas?

Also, has the sole quality improved?

smoothbrain

« Reply #326 on: July 15, 2021, 03:35:48 AM »

I mean just like any canvas shoe they're going to wear faster than the suede version, but i think the high foxing really helps keep the shoe from getting holes too quickly, i got the high tops so comparing them to the andrew allen highs and the ctas pros that I've had before I would definitely say the canvas is more durable than those.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #327 on: July 15, 2021, 05:48:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I mean just like any canvas shoe they're going to wear faster than the suede version, but i think the high foxing really helps keep the shoe from getting holes too quickly, i got the high tops so comparing them to the andrew allen highs and the ctas pros that I've had before I would definitely say the canvas is more durable than those.

nice, thanks a lot.

logjammin

« Reply #328 on: July 15, 2021, 06:48:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

This is how the skateshop I bought them from had them laced.  Can confirm that it works to hold the tongue in place.  I meant to relace them because I thought they missed a lace but I was lazy and never did. Guess they were onto something all along…

I tried this lace method and it didnt work at all. Now having both laces under the loop isn't helping anymore either, driving my OCD mad looking down and basically looking like I have no tongue cause it slips to the side so far  :(

smoothbrain

« Reply #329 on: July 15, 2021, 07:16:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

So weird that's happening to you, how tight do you do your shoes up? If you have them quite loose then thats the only thing i can think of as to why it doesn't work for you, I've not had a problem with the tongue slipping on any of the pairs I've had at all.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I tried this lace method and it didnt work at all. Now having both laces under the loop isn't helping anymore either, driving my OCD mad looking down and basically looking like I have no tongue cause it slips to the side so far  :(