Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 188412 times)

cky enthusiast

Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #1410 on: July 12, 2022, 08:28:40 PM »
KARP is better than the melvins

BoredSlide816

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #1411 on: July 12, 2022, 08:54:53 PM »
You can be apolitical and still care about current events. You make no sense at all. I don't see why I have to claim a political stance because i think women have the right to abortions. Fuck your registered voter placebo mindset.

When morons try to sound smart. There’s only one political party trying to ban abortions yet you dipshits still cling to this “both sides suck, voting doesn’t matter” garbage. Fuck your non-contributing, voter apathy spreading doomer mindset.

tonitonne

« Reply #1412 on: July 12, 2022, 09:14:35 PM »
"non contributing" I forgot that our votes are weapons to make a difference lol. That's why popular vote will still get beat out by what the electoral college wants because that makes sense and is totally legit. Keep convincing yourself that you have any type of voice in what goes on, you guys are a special type of brainwashed delusional denialists very similar to q anon and other conspiracy theorists.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1174
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1413 on: July 12, 2022, 09:19:42 PM »
KARP is better than the melvins

interesting take for a skate thread....

newguy

« Reply #1414 on: July 13, 2022, 01:11:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If youre an adult in 2022 posting "why you gotta get political" type posts in defense of very vocal scumbags with hateful and bigoted political and social viewpoints you can go fuck yourself

Not everyone has the privilege of being insulated from reactionary policy making led by idiots
[close]

Preach
Also Dudes still don’t understand that “not giving a shit about politics” is a political stance in 2022. Read theory you sheltered cretin
[close]

You sound like the type of person to bring up politics in a non political conversation and force your opinions down peoples throats just because you think you're right.

It’s called dialectical materialism and the reason political theory written hundreds of years ago is still relevant, so yes I do think I’m right.

Anyways I wish we would see more out of the box skating these days like Gou Miyagi’s part in Video Nasty. This dude is a big reason I got into skating

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #1415 on: July 13, 2022, 03:49:44 AM »
"non contributing" I forgot that our votes are weapons to make a difference lol. That's why popular vote will still get beat out by what the electoral college wants because that makes sense and is totally legit. Keep convincing yourself that you have any type of voice in what goes on, you guys are a special type of brainwashed delusional denialists very similar to q anon and other conspiracy theorists.

During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 609
« Reply #1416 on: July 13, 2022, 04:38:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Personally I don’t support Tiago getting a pass on SWONGO and I would rather debate that.
[close]

To me, it looks completely natural within the context of his style and overall image.  I’d rather watch him push a big confident swongo push like the beautiful badass that he is than fake the funk with a forced switch push to try to appease the current rule set of modern skateboarding.  The fact that he’s probably going to do some insane 40 ft long switch fs crook afterwards helps a lot too.  I don’t feel strongly enough about this to get into any kind of debate, just my thoughts 4 u.

While I think swongo looks silly, I certainly appreciate how a big ol’ swongo push explicitly tells me somebody I’m unfamiliar with is skating switch.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 114
« Reply #1417 on: July 13, 2022, 05:02:05 AM »

What is the point of being like this?

Voting is literally the least you can do, so you might as well do it, even if ultimately your vote doesn't haven an impact.

When did political nihilism become so common and "cool?" Sure, you may not get the results you want now by voting (literally the least you can do), but you're sure as shit not going to get them by not voting and having a shitty defeatist attitude.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #1418 on: July 13, 2022, 05:10:12 AM »
That guy failed my "other people should skate smaller boards" test and I've had him on ignore sincd
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

skatebruh

• Rep: 32
« Reply #1419 on: July 13, 2022, 05:25:50 AM »
A big ol' switch mongo push is the best way to set up for anything fakie.

tonitonne

« Reply #1420 on: July 13, 2022, 05:29:59 AM »
How and why are so many of you so deep into politics? Last time I checked skaters weren't bootlickers. One of the many reasons I still skate is because it gets me away from all the stupid real world shit we have no control over. I don't get how you think voting for a government that is actively taking away human rights is going to do anything. But go ahead and keep endlessly casting votes while things just keep getting worse and more controlled and popular vote is over ruled. Electoral college is literally proof your votes mean nothing, it's not being a "political nihilist" it's choosing to look at facts and what actually goes on. Example "oh, more people literally voted for hillary but trump still won somehow".

tonitonne

« Reply #1421 on: July 13, 2022, 05:33:44 AM »
That guy failed my "other people should skate smaller boards" test and I've had him on ignore sincd

Enjoy your ankle high tricks Mr. Big Deck while i keep popping knee high switch shuvs on my 8".

warmonke

• Rep: 43
« Reply #1422 on: July 13, 2022, 05:36:01 AM »
How and why are so many of you so deep into politics? Last time I checked skaters weren't bootlickers. One of the many reasons I still skate is because it gets me away from all the stupid real world shit we have no control over. I don't get how you think voting for a government that is actively taking away human rights is going to do anything. But go ahead and keep endlessly casting votes while things just keep getting worse and more controlled and popular vote is over ruled. Electoral college is literally proof your votes mean nothing, it's not being a "political nihilist" it's choosing to look at facts and what actually goes on. Example "oh, more people literally voted for hillary but trump still won somehow".
"voting for a government that is actively taking away human rights"

I'm pretty sure people are suggesting you should vote for the people who don't want to do that?

Also is being a stanceless, 'apolitical' edgelord even an unpopular opinion? Seems like there's plenty of numpties about constantly spouting this sort of bollocks

tonitonne

« Reply #1423 on: July 13, 2022, 05:41:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm pretty sure people are suggesting you should vote for the people who don't want to do that?

Also is being a stanceless, 'apolitical' edgelord even an unpopular opinion? Seems like there's plenty of numpties about constantly spouting this sort of bollocks

Yeah just completely ignore the fact that the electoral college makes the final decision. My one vote really will make a difference as well as yours!

warmonke

« Reply #1424 on: July 13, 2022, 05:58:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah just completely ignore the fact that the electoral college makes the final decision. My one vote really will make a difference as well as yours!
Not Murican so don't really know how it works but seems like it's kinda similar to how different constituencies are effectively weighted in the UK? either way if you care about 'making a difference' surely it's better to just vote? Not voting is still a political act and it's even more pointless than voting for what you believe in/think is the lesser evil or whatever

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #1425 on: July 13, 2022, 06:13:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This opinion always comes from white dudes who don't have to worry about access to contraception, discrimination in the workplace, or the ramifications of certain "states rights". Be the change you want to see and start the revolution or shut the fuck with the slacktivism because honestly it's so tired and annoying.

Obviously, the system is completely broken, and I have no faith in it.

i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

tonitonne

« Reply #1426 on: July 13, 2022, 06:15:39 AM »
"Not Murican so don't really know how it works"

Okay. This is exactly why i skate alone 80% of the time. To avoid the pseudo intellectual virtue signallers that inhabit parks and have to be right about everything even when they literally have no idea what they're talking about.

warmonke

« Reply #1427 on: July 13, 2022, 06:19:09 AM »

Okay. This is exactly why i skate alone 80% of the time. To avoid the pseudo intellectual virtue signallers that inhabit parks and have to be right about everything even when they literally have no idea what they're talking about.
virtue signallers lmao

sorry for not being american mate i'll try harder next time

tonitonne

« Reply #1428 on: July 13, 2022, 06:19:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

This opinion always comes from white dudes who don't have to worry about access to contraception, discrimination in the workplace, or the ramifications of certain "states rights". Be the change you want to see and start the revolution or shut the fuck with the slacktivism because honestly it's so tired and annoying.

Had to throw the white in there didn't you? This has nothing to do with race, I'm also not white. Once again, jackasses that have to be right about everything overgeneralizing and diving everyone. How are you going to patronize me when you also have no faith in the system??

warmonke

« Reply #1429 on: July 13, 2022, 06:23:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Had to throw the white in there didn't you? This has nothing to do with race, I'm also not white. Once again, jackasses that have to be right about everything overgeneralizing and diving everyone. How are you going to patronize me when you also have no faith in the system??
Not having faith in the system and doing whatever insignificant thing you can to try change things is infinitely better than just moaning about people caring about politics on the internet so they're well within their rights to criticise you

tonitonne

« Reply #1430 on: July 13, 2022, 06:25:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
virtue signallers lmao

sorry for not being american mate i'll try harder next time

Or you could just stay out of conversations about things you don't understand. Has nothing to do with not being an American, you can educate yourself on how our government works no matter where you're from.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #1431 on: July 13, 2022, 06:25:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Supreme court is horny to overturn Obergefell v. Hodges, then Brown v. Board of Education. If you can't read the writing on the wall you're an idiot, have fun with your head in the sand.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

tonitonne

« Reply #1432 on: July 13, 2022, 06:30:09 AM »
Oh my, The government trying to take more rights away and divide people more???? Totally shocking news to me and not at all what i've been saying this whole time.

warmonke

« Reply #1433 on: July 13, 2022, 06:34:01 AM »
Oh my, The government trying to take more rights away and divide people more???? Totally shocking news to me and not at all what i've been saying this whole time.
What do you think not voting actually achieves?

tonitonne

« Reply #1434 on: July 13, 2022, 06:37:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What do you think not voting actually achieves?

Nothing, just like voting does. The american people do not have a voice in what goes on despite what they believe. Once again, look at the 2016 election. The people wanted Hillary but we got Trump instead.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1139
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1435 on: July 13, 2022, 06:42:16 AM »
Everyone please tell tonitonne that he is the smartest so he’ll shut up.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -75
« Reply #1436 on: July 13, 2022, 06:53:41 AM »

You sound like a 14 year old who just developed his first generic "government bad" opinions and is very, very proud of them and eager to share his shocking insights with the responsible adult "sheeple".
All your takes are so boring and tired. But mostly childish.

But, you know what? Good for you. I wish I could feel like a genius for sitting on my ass doing nothing.
Since you're so above it all and so much smarter than everyone who votes then why don't you just shut the fuck up and stay home. We'll all waste our time and you can sit on your ass with a smug grin knowing you're so, so, ever so much smarter than all the BrAiNwAsHeD ShEEpLe, maaaannnnn!

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2260
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #1437 on: July 13, 2022, 06:54:53 AM »

…i skate alone 80% of the time.

We are all very surprised to learn this about you, I’m sure.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #1438 on: July 13, 2022, 06:59:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
unpopular opinion: talking about tv shows in a skate thread means you’re a huge dork
[close]

being on a fucking message board makes us huge dorks buddy...
[close]

now imagine talking about a TV show everyone’s seen from 20 years ago on top of that
Guy with 3,000 posts in 2 years is trying to tell us what’s dorky

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #1439 on: July 13, 2022, 07:12:11 AM »
he is involved

with boarding