Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 364874 times)

InkkeACAB (+ 1 Hidden) and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Abyss1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #990 on: February 22, 2023, 04:43:54 PM »
Expand Quote
How much tension do you think there is between Kelly & Justin around Justin having been a legit pro for 2 of his favourite companies, while Kelly turned pro for a company after they had already kicked him off once, and then putting him back on after kicking everybody else off, and getting 1 pro board, and never getting on a shoe company proper?
[close]

The tension between those two is palpable and I've noticed it happening more frequently lately. It was blatantly obvious during the clipper ledge discussion. I'm waiting for the day when that shit boils over and they get into a heated argument. I can already see Justin being like "Ok, I'm done" and walking out of the apartment mid episode.

I dunno you kinda take an L if you let kelly piss you off on camera

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #991 on: February 22, 2023, 04:46:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How much tension do you think there is between Kelly & Justin around Justin having been a legit pro for 2 of his favourite companies, while Kelly turned pro for a company after they had already kicked him off once, and then putting him back on after kicking everybody else off, and getting 1 pro board, and never getting on a shoe company proper?
[close]
Probably none
[close]

Nah there definitely is - 13:40 onwards. Just wondering the extent of it.

[close]
oh damn, your right

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

If I had to guess I’d say maybe Justin really wanting his shoe reissued and Kelly playing the “sorry I don’t have control over that” even though he does. But they’re also both idiots.
[close]
yeah, I guess probably that or Justin just wanting to get back on the team as a legacy pro. He's got no shoe sponsor right now
I got word from someone at my local who's also the sole tech rep that a couple of legacy pros are coming back full on the team with reissues and none of them are justin...

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
« Reply #992 on: February 22, 2023, 04:56:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Probably none
[close]

Damn, I don't know what's up, but I side with Justin. Kelly can be annoying AF.

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 116
« Reply #993 on: February 22, 2023, 04:58:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Probably none
[close]

[close]
oh damn, your right

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

If I had to guess I’d say maybe Justin really wanting his shoe reissued and Kelly playing the “sorry I don’t have control over that” even though he does. But they’re also both idiots.
[close]
yeah, I guess probably that or Justin just wanting to get back on the team as a legacy pro. He's got no shoe sponsor right now
[close]
I got word from someone at my local who's also the sole tech rep that a couple of legacy pros are coming back full on the team with reissues and none of them are justin...
While he's definitely not their most iconic former pro, this seems like a missed opportunity considering his current popularity due to the nine club. Might not sound like the biggest boost but a shocking amount of kids have him and Chris's boards

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #994 on: February 22, 2023, 05:24:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Probably none
[close]

[close]
oh damn, your right

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i don’t think he rides a skateboard right now either

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #995 on: February 22, 2023, 05:47:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Probably none
[close]

[close]
oh damn, your right

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

True. I remember seeing an episode where Roberts was trying to get him to the beach to skate curbs or whatever, and he didn’t seem interested. Mike Mo also me not really skating anymore. It sucks when pros get injured and realize they’ll never be able to skate at their former level and kinda give up. Skateboarding can be whatever you want it to be.

coldbrew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #996 on: February 22, 2023, 05:56:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Probably none
[close]

[close]
oh damn, your right

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
True. I remember seeing an episode where Roberts was trying to get him to the beach to skate curbs or whatever, and he didn’t seem interested. Mike Mo also me not really skating anymore. It sucks when pros get injured and realize they’ll never be able to skate at their former level and kinda give up. Skateboarding can be whatever you want it to be.

For the sake of discussion I will say, specifically for mike mo, he has said it’s depressing to try and skate since his injury. Which I can completely understand. When something doesn’t bring you joy anymore it’s hard to keep at it. I get wanting to see clips from him if you were a fan of his skating but it’s lowkey selfish.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #997 on: February 22, 2023, 06:11:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Probably none
[close]

[close]
oh damn, your right

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

For the sake of discussion I will say, specifically for mike mo, he has said it’s depressing to try and skate since his injury. Which I can completely understand. When something doesn’t bring you joy anymore it’s hard to keep at it. I get wanting to see clips from him if you were a fan of his skating but it’s lowkey selfish.
I get that. He did sound down when talking about it. So no need to force it. Maybe he’ll do more one day.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #998 on: February 22, 2023, 06:23:22 PM »

I bet it literally never comes up.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #999 on: February 23, 2023, 04:09:53 AM »
yeah that definitely has nothing to do with why they bicker.  they just don't get along.  watch one episode and you can just see their personalities clash.  haha
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Bill Salt

« Reply #1000 on: February 23, 2023, 04:26:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Its really quite an acheivement to have a collection of men with the exact same narrow knowledge of time within a sport theyve dedicated their lives to. I swear if it didnt happen between 95 & 2001 these dudes dont know anything about it.
[close]

Kelly is so dumb he thought Thrasher was being published in 1965.
I did not followed that, I mean I know about the story
 but what's with Bailey?

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1971
« Reply #1001 on: February 23, 2023, 05:49:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Probably none
[close]

[close]
oh damn, your right

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Kelly only cares about skaters who were in Menikmati. That’s why they still post about Eric Koston.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1002 on: February 23, 2023, 08:26:47 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Probably none
[close]

[close]
oh damn, your right

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Mike mo also said a lot of time and money was spent in trying to get him back to normal but that drop foot hes got has no current medical solutions

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
« Reply #1003 on: February 23, 2023, 08:36:20 AM »
I think when you have a chronic injury it’s a whole different ballgame……

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1004 on: February 23, 2023, 10:33:24 AM »
Mike Mo made the analogy of it's like being a pro golfer who could drive the ball 300+ yards and getting injured and barely being able to hit the ball off the tee. He was also pretty tech, so I could see how now that he can't do the stuff he used to do he's not as hyped on skating anymore.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1005 on: February 23, 2023, 10:52:26 AM »
Mike Mo made the analogy of it's like being a pro golfer who could drive the ball 300+ yards and getting injured and barely being able to hit the ball off the tee. He was also pretty tech, so I could see how now that he can't do the stuff he used to do he's not as hyped on skating anymore.

Kinda ironic that it happened drunk driving a golf cart eh?

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #1006 on: February 23, 2023, 11:15:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The tension between those two is palpable and I've noticed it happening more frequently lately. It was blatantly obvious during the clipper ledge discussion. I'm waiting for the day when that shit boils over and they get into a heated argument. I can already see Justin being like "Ok, I'm done" and walking out of the apartment mid episode.

Part of it is Justin has publicly dissed ES pretty hard for scraping the whole program on this show, I know if I had control over it I wouldn't be doing him ay favors by getting him another paycheck.

Pavs323

• Rep: 13
« Reply #1007 on: February 23, 2023, 11:41:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I hadn’t watched the show in a bit so I can’t say for sure over the general course of the show recently, but I did watch the clipper discussion and noticed the same thing. I don’t know about recently, but I remember Rog used to kind of get into with Eldridge too. And I really can’t blame them, seeing as Eldridge seems like that guy in the friend group who is so dumb he thinks he’s smarter than everybody else.

I’d personally be surprised if Eldridge and Kelly have 100 IQ points between the two of them, but in watching the show over the years, I have realized Eldridge is just next level stupid. Feels like there is a laundry list of idiotic takes from that guy over the years. My favorite being that it’s okay for companies to not pay their filmers because they should “do it for the passion.”

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1008 on: February 23, 2023, 01:54:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That is what would bug me the most if I was Mike Mo. That his career was cut short from an accident he caused. He mentioned on some episode that he never knew what it felt like to have your skills decline gradually. For him, it was just a fast complete 180.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

lurkluke

• Rep: 190
« Reply #1009 on: February 23, 2023, 02:02:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I hadn’t watched the show in a bit so I can’t say for sure over the general course of the show recently, but I did watch the clipper discussion and noticed the same thing. I don’t know about recently, but I remember Rog used to kind of get into with Eldridge too. And I really can’t blame them, seeing as Eldridge seems like that guy in the friend group who is so dumb he thinks he’s smarter than everybody else.

I’d personally be surprised if Eldridge and Kelly have 100 IQ points between the two of them, but in watching the show over the years, I have realized Eldridge is just next level stupid. Feels like there is a laundry list of idiotic takes from that guy over the years. My favorite being that it’s okay for companies to not pay their filmers because they should “do it for the passion.”

this plus he gets irritable, so when Kelly just wants to goof around and make jokes, Eldridge takes it personal.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #1010 on: February 23, 2023, 02:05:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Kelly is a fun, friendly kind of dumb. Like a golden retriever. I've never liked Justin, he seems like a belligerent sort of stupid
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 813
« Reply #1011 on: February 23, 2023, 02:14:05 PM »

Do you see John Cardiel making excuses...

The Mexican Nancy Chin

« Reply #1012 on: February 23, 2023, 02:28:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Kelly is a fun, friendly kind of dumb. Like a golden retriever. I've never liked Justin, he seems like a belligerent sort of stupid
Kelly was incredibly nice when I met him. He was hyping up all the kids at the park and said hi to everyone

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #1013 on: February 23, 2023, 02:33:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Great way to put it. Justin really bummed me out awhile back with his comments on paying filmers and I haven't really wanted to watch anything with him in it since. Dude has bad vibes sometimes

Some dude

• Rep: -40
« Reply #1014 on: February 23, 2023, 02:40:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Great way to put it. Justin really bummed me out awhile back with his comments on paying filmers and I haven't really wanted to watch anything with him in it since. Dude has bad vibes sometimes

He may have been an able nollie nose slide shit or whatever at one time, but he is insanely cringey to listen to talk sometimes. That show is a little easier to listen to when he isn’t there.

not a fan

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
« Reply #1015 on: February 23, 2023, 03:37:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Cardiel has had like 3 photos in the 20 or so years since he got hurt (understandably).  Mike Mo’s injury is just as debilitating as far as skating goes.  He’s lucky he can even walk.  It’s not making excuses, he literally can’t skate anymore. 

I totally understand just wanting to disconnect from skating completely after skating at such a high level.  It’s gotta be like getting dumped by a girl you love and still having to see her everyday.  Some people just need to move on. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #1016 on: February 23, 2023, 03:40:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That is what would bug me the most if I was Mike Mo. That his career was cut short from an accident he caused. He mentioned on some episode that he never knew what it felt like to have your skills decline gradually. For him, it was just a fast complete 180.

Regardless of the circumstances that lead to his injury, I still feel for him. I dealt with some lower back issues in my mid 20's and couldn't skate for close to 5 years. It was rough on me mentally. Having that never ending itch to skate and just not being able to. This is why I've come to cherish every skate session I have now. You just never know if that rug is going to be pulled out from under you.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #1017 on: February 23, 2023, 03:48:24 PM »
es should put steezus on

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1018 on: February 23, 2023, 04:13:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Cardiel has had like 3 photos in the 20 or so years since he got hurt (understandably).  Mike Mo’s injury is just as debilitating as far as skating goes.  He’s lucky he can even walk.  It’s not making excuses, he literally can’t skate anymore. 

I totally understand just wanting to disconnect from skating completely after skating at such a high level.  It’s gotta be like getting dumped by a girl you love and still having to see her everyday.  Some people just need to move on.

probably the last thing i liked recently from nine club is when mike mo reviewed his fully flared part and was stoked on how good he was back then. 

The Mexican Nancy Chin

« Reply #1019 on: February 23, 2023, 04:28:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

If Mike Mo's not having fun skating he doesn't need to skate. It'd be different if he still had a board but he himself said girl should hang up his pro model