Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 367195 times)

Murge

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #960 on: January 19, 2023, 06:47:36 PM »
i think he might be cte or on pain pills. dude struggles for words more than a litttle bit. he didn't skate jamie sized obstacles but maybe he slipped out switch flipping onto 5 stair rails? if it's pills, intervention! like right on the monday show. just everyone heaping copious praise upon him while also complaining about his modern antics. what if instead of nice club, it was confrontation club and skaters got roasted, called out for cringe or substance abuse? 9 club turns heel.

This is the redemption arc I need. I need the confrontation club

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #961 on: January 19, 2023, 07:08:34 PM »

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -528
« Reply #962 on: January 19, 2023, 07:20:03 PM »

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #963 on: January 19, 2023, 07:26:29 PM »
Why do they call it nine club?

There's usually only five of them.

They should call it the five club.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

borats cat

• Rep: -20
« Reply #964 on: January 19, 2023, 07:33:10 PM »

5 hosts special special special guest = 8 and the viewer = 9. they're breaking the 4th wall.

rukes

• Rep: 221
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #965 on: January 19, 2023, 07:54:55 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
5 hosts special special special guest = 8 and the viewer = 9. they're breaking the 4th wall.

Pretty sure they film itn a rented apartment, they're not breaking any walls.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #966 on: January 19, 2023, 08:01:13 PM »

Gold! Rukes, Gold!

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #967 on: January 20, 2023, 07:02:12 AM »
its a street league reference

ironically I cant see any of them getting in the nine club

no disrespect

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Bill Salt

« Reply #968 on: January 20, 2023, 07:33:15 AM »
The show is for 10-14 years old...Roger should leave the show and do his own.He is the only skate rat in there and has mad skate culture knowledge.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 08:22:20 AM by Bill Salt »

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #969 on: January 20, 2023, 08:04:05 AM »
The show is for 10-14 ears old...Roger should leave for good and do his own show.He is the only skate rat in there and has mad skate culture knowledge.
ok Roger...

modern life is war

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -619
« Reply #970 on: January 20, 2023, 08:10:29 AM »
The show is for 10-14 ears old...Roger should leave for good and do his own show.He is the only skate rat in there and has mad skate culture knowledge.

I'd like a show with just Jeron, Kelly, Roger... Basically Nine club without Chris roberts and definitely no 'steezus'

Kelly is probably my favorite of the bunch.
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #971 on: February 19, 2023, 09:44:44 PM »
Its really quite an acheivement to have a collection of men with the exact same narrow knowledge of time within a sport theyve dedicated their lives to. I swear if it didnt happen between 95 & 2001 these dudes dont know anything about it.

fernando the skater

• Rep: 123
« Reply #972 on: February 20, 2023, 12:08:51 AM »
Its really quite an acheivement to have a collection of men with the exact same narrow knowledge of time within a sport theyve dedicated their lives to. I swear if it didnt happen between 95 & 2001 these dudes dont know anything about it.

Kelly is so dumb he thought Thrasher was being published in 1965.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #973 on: February 20, 2023, 04:18:53 AM »
Expand Quote
The show is for 10-14 years old...Roger should leave the show and do his own.He is the only skate rat in there and has mad skate culture knowledge.
[close]

Roger showed how much of a kook he was with the whole Mark Oblow debacle.

Yeah hes a toilet too

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #974 on: February 20, 2023, 05:33:28 AM »

I wonder if a Roger and burnett show would be good? 

IpathCats

« Reply #975 on: February 20, 2023, 05:36:01 AM »

Show def got worse when rog stepped off screen.

I think the cast is fine, they just play too nice for publicity reasons.

9 club could/would be sick if they didn't care about hurting feelings/dissing people.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #976 on: February 20, 2023, 05:38:07 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Smarmy Army

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #977 on: February 20, 2023, 06:05:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Smarmy Army

Wow, perfect. 

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -37
« Reply #978 on: February 20, 2023, 07:19:34 AM »

9 club could/would be sick if they didn't care about hurting feelings/dissing people.

Not a chance in hell.

Only person who speaks his mind and might ruffle feathers is Jeron. The guy doesn’t bullshit.

It would be kind of funny to have a full Chris Robert’s / Larry David meltdown every once in a while.

If you want “hard hitting” questions, the closest you’ll get is The Bunt who have called guests out on stuff in the past. Thankfully they research their guests and still show respect where it’s due.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #979 on: February 20, 2023, 08:10:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not a chance in hell.

Only person who speaks his mind and might ruffle feathers is Jeron. The guy doesn’t bullshit.

It would be kind of funny to have a full Chris Robert’s / Larry David meltdown every once in a while.

If you want “hard hitting” questions, the closest you’ll get is The Bunt who have called guests out on stuff in the past. Thankfully they research their guests and still show respect where it’s due.
Steve O and Andy Roy both have no problem digging up the dirt and calling people out, but of course you would have to listen to Steve O and Andy Roy so that kinda cancels it out.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #980 on: February 20, 2023, 08:42:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Not a chance in hell.

[close]
Steve O and Andy Roy both have no problem digging up the dirt and calling people out, but of course you would have to listen to Steve O and Andy Roy so that kinda cancels it out.

Yea, no way I'm sitting through an Andy Roy podcast but would watch a Sizzle reel of juicy stuff

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #981 on: February 20, 2023, 11:31:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Not a chance in hell.

Crob always seemed to me like that skater who had an incredible career in one of the golden era of skateboarding... and then became a jaded old man who comes off as sarcastic and bitter with his questions, and doesn't care if he's questioning with any enthusiasm

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #982 on: February 22, 2023, 10:57:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Not a chance in hell.

[close]

Crob always seemed to me like that skater who had an incredible career in one of the golden era of skateboarding... and then became a jaded old man who comes off as sarcastic and bitter with his questions, and doesn't care if he's questioning with any enthusiasm

I'd be jaded too if I was a washed up 'pro' with man-boy roomates.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 89
« Reply #983 on: February 22, 2023, 11:27:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Not a chance in hell.

[close]

[close]

Who are crobs roommates?

Mallie

• Rep: 43
« Reply #984 on: February 22, 2023, 01:42:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Not a chance in hell.

[close]

[close]

[close]

Who are crobs roommates?

Manboys.
Chi vive in baracca, chi suda il salario,
Chi ruba pensioni, chi ha scarsa memoria,
Chi ha crisi interiori, chi scava nei cuori,
Chi legge la mano, chi regna sovrano,
Chi suda, chi lotta, chi mangia una volta,
Chi gli manca la casa, chi vive da solo,
Chi trova scontato, chi come ha trovato...

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #985 on: February 22, 2023, 01:47:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Not a chance in hell.

[close]

[close]

or if the only relevance you can get in skateboarding is smoozing up to berrics or SLS

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 115
« Reply #986 on: February 22, 2023, 03:46:20 PM »
How much tension do you think there is between Kelly & Justin around Justin having been a legit pro for 2 of his favourite companies, while Kelly turned pro for a company after they had already kicked him off once, and then putting him back on after kicking everybody else off, and getting 1 pro board, and never getting on a shoe company proper?
Probably none

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 293
« Reply #987 on: February 22, 2023, 03:56:53 PM »
How much tension do you think there is between Kelly & Justin around Justin having been a legit pro for 2 of his favourite companies, while Kelly turned pro for a company after they had already kicked him off once, and then putting him back on after kicking everybody else off, and getting 1 pro board, and never getting on a shoe company proper?

The tension between those two is palpable and I've noticed it happening more frequently lately. It was blatantly obvious during the clipper ledge discussion. I'm waiting for the day when that shit boils over and they get into a heated argument. I can already see Justin being like "Ok, I'm done" and walking out of the apartment mid episode.

TheWineClub

• Rep: 41
« Reply #988 on: February 22, 2023, 04:34:59 PM »

If I had to guess I’d say maybe Justin really wanting his shoe reissued and Kelly playing the “sorry I don’t have control over that” even though he does. But they’re also both idiots.

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 115
« Reply #989 on: February 22, 2023, 04:41:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Probably none
[close]

Nah there definitely is - 13:40 onwards. Just wondering the extent of it.

oh damn, your right

Expand Quote
[close]

If I had to guess I’d say maybe Justin really wanting his shoe reissued and Kelly playing the “sorry I don’t have control over that” even though he does. But they’re also both idiots.
yeah, I guess probably that or Justin just wanting to get back on the team as a legacy pro. He's got no shoe sponsor right now