Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 364698 times)

Esmith5488 (+ 2 Hidden) and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

Ty Evans Lightman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -37
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #2550 on: February 07, 2024, 04:07:19 AM »
Kind of surprised Roger’s racist comment didn’t get edited out of the new live episode.
Even made Crob and Kelly feel awkward.

1h03m mark

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
  • sup dog
« Reply #2551 on: February 07, 2024, 05:05:53 AM »
Also have we ever talked about how there is a salad and suski and backside and frontside 5-0. There is no frontside nose grind variations accept the front croook and backside / frontside nose grind. Case closed?
I’m a dumbass. I completely forgot about salad. Jamie did a fakie frontside salad.  *or would it be fakie backside salad because fakie naming convention is stupid?

So there’s just no frontside Suski.
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #2552 on: February 07, 2024, 07:37:09 AM »
Kind of surprised Roger’s racist comment didn’t get edited out of the new live episode.

1h03m mark

What did he say
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

InkkeACAB

• Rep: 17
« Reply #2553 on: February 07, 2024, 07:39:30 AM »

1h03m mark

not surprised

InkkeACAB

« Reply #2554 on: February 07, 2024, 08:00:19 AM »
always uncomfortable when crob tries to impersonate jeron

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1971
« Reply #2555 on: February 07, 2024, 08:04:36 AM »
always uncomfortable when crob tries to impersonate jeron

whoever told Chris that he's good at impressions is straight up mean.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #2556 on: February 07, 2024, 08:14:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
even though i poked fun at rkulla at the end of the day he’s making money and supporting something he likes. yeah sure nineclub can be a bit kooky from time to time but nineclub is better then no nineclub

just never have gary vee on the show ever again
[close]
and honestly without the money that Kulla gives the nine club, there probably would be no nine club
[close]

it is kinda hilarious that they have a pay pig keeping their business afloat. like imagine having fuck you money and giving it to chris rodgers and getting nothing in return. rich people seriously ain't shit
[close]

Looks like he got 3 merch drops recently. Joke is on you he donated $4k last month and got $100 in free Nine Club merch.

Honestly I could live without it if push came to shove.
did he really give them 4k in a month?

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1076
« Reply #2557 on: February 07, 2024, 09:51:59 AM »
Expand Quote

1h03m mark
[close]

What did he say

I just watched and he said that Jeron with a beard was on the "no fly list", which I see as less a racist joke and more a joke about racism.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -40
« Reply #2558 on: February 07, 2024, 11:43:44 AM »
Expand Quote

1h03m mark
[close]

not surprised

Come on dude…. That’s quite a reach

arrbee

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 438
« Reply #2559 on: February 07, 2024, 12:37:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
even though i poked fun at rkulla at the end of the day he’s making money and supporting something he likes. yeah sure nineclub can be a bit kooky from time to time but nineclub is better then no nineclub

just never have gary vee on the show ever again
[close]
and honestly without the money that Kulla gives the nine club, there probably would be no nine club
[close]

it is kinda hilarious that they have a pay pig keeping their business afloat. like imagine having fuck you money and giving it to chris rodgers and getting nothing in return. rich people seriously ain't shit
[close]

Looks like he got 3 merch drops recently. Joke is on you he donated $4k last month and got $100 in free Nine Club merch.

Honestly I could live without it if push came to shove.
[close]
did he really give them 4k in a month?

I stopped watching the live shows back when eldy and Steezus were still on. But back then he would drop a few hundred a show. 4-8 shows a month. Wouldn't take long
Quote from: DaveFuck
youre fucking FRIED if you think im gonna listen to dan corrigan talk about cariuma

Switch360flip

« Reply #2560 on: February 07, 2024, 07:23:07 PM »
My mom asked if I washed the dishes and I yelled back “Chris Roberts!!”

She laughed. She knew they were washed

streetmeat

• Rep: 169
« Reply #2561 on: February 08, 2024, 02:40:05 AM »
lol at Crobs lightening fast dismissal and conversation change up any time GH is mentioned. He also did not seem too thrilled at the idea of the Bunt guys coming on. man has the thinnest skin

citycity

• Rep: -103
« Reply #2562 on: February 08, 2024, 03:07:19 AM »
My mom asked if I washed the dishes and I yelled back “Chris Roberts!!”

She laughed. She knew they were washed

Master comment <3

citycity

• Rep: -103
« Reply #2563 on: February 08, 2024, 03:07:50 AM »
lol at Crobs lightening fast dismissal and conversation change up any time GH is mentioned. He also did not seem too thrilled at the idea of the Bunt guys coming on. man has the thinnest skin

Valid criticism.

grandslam

• Rep: 47
« Reply #2564 on: February 08, 2024, 08:35:02 AM »

Noticed this with the Ben Degros board set up with Crob which I watched. Ben brings up Joa’s bolts and Chris does not engage.

Best part is when GH first started garnering attention Rog, Chris and Kelly couldn’t stop praising him.

A real testament to how truly thin-skinned their crew is, is how it’s ok to criticize anyone but them. Otherwise you are a negative troll.

CurbyPuckit

« Reply #2565 on: February 08, 2024, 09:02:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Noticed this with the Ben Degros board set up with Crob which I watched. Ben brings up Joa’s bolts and Chris does not engage.

Best part is when GH first started garnering attention Rog, Chris and Kelly couldn’t stop praising him.

A real testament to how truly thin-skinned their crew is, is how it’s ok to criticize anyone but them. Otherwise you are a negative troll.

Ben is such a nice wholesome dude too, and Chris was kind of being a “high and mighty” jackass.  Also I would love Chris to actually try while skating just once, so that he realizes he cannot nosegrind any ledge that people are hitting up these days.

lurkluke

• Rep: 190
« Reply #2566 on: February 08, 2024, 02:51:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ben is such a nice wholesome dude too, and Chris was kind of being a “high and mighty” jackass.  Also I would love Chris to actually try while skating just once, so that he realizes he cannot nosegrind any ledge that people are hitting up these days.

This just came up in my youtube recs... he tries here.

and gives up.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #2567 on: February 08, 2024, 05:58:06 PM »
Wonder what Carroll and Howard would think if they saw that

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Dad Board

« Reply #2568 on: February 08, 2024, 09:02:21 PM »

Honestly the nine club probably gives crail more business than anything else. Not like walking away from a trick for his personal YT channel is gonna get him a write up. Someone asked recently on a live show how tf he still has a board without actually doing anything for the brand and amidst scoffing and harrumphing Roger groaned from behind the wall “he puts out a new part every week” which to me says they need him over there.

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -37
« Reply #2569 on: February 08, 2024, 11:25:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Honestly the nine club probably gives crail more business than anything else. Not like walking away from a trick for his personal YT channel is gonna get him a write up. Someone asked recently on a live show how tf he still has a board without actually doing anything for the brand and amidst scoffing and harrumphing Roger groaned from behind the wall “he puts out a new part every week” which to me says they need him over there.

Would it be totally wrong to say the nine club is a bit of a Crailtap.com v3.0 or something?

The old website had a load of sidebars and delivered something weekly even daily.
The nine club has a load of regular features and spin offs and delivers content weekly (and almost daily).

I’m sometimes surprised they don’t push Craig products more on the podcast but it’s already a pretty good avenue for promotion.

They mentioned on the previous live episode how close they came to having Megan on. I’d love to hear a proper interview with her but at the same time listening to an employee interview their boss and founder of their main sponsor seems a bit weird.

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #2570 on: February 09, 2024, 02:58:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Would it be totally wrong to say the nine club is a bit of a Crailtap.com v3.0 or something?

The old website had a load of sidebars and delivered something weekly even daily.
The nine club has a load of regular features and spin offs and delivers content weekly (and almost daily).

I’m sometimes surprised they don’t push Craig products more on the podcast
but it’s already a pretty good avenue for promotion.

They mentioned on the previous live episode how close they came to having Megan on. I’d love to hear a proper interview with her but at the same time listening to an employee interview their boss and founder of their main sponsor seems a bit weird.

I think because nhs is usually their main sponsor or something like that. Wouldnt be surprised if theyre only allowed to mention Robert's twin tail at best without it being some sort of conflict of interest.

Doubt skate companies would be like that though

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Doosh215

• Rep: 61
« Reply #2571 on: February 11, 2024, 11:21:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The other day when Jeron was going on for a while about whether Jamie Foy did a fakie 5-0 or a fakie overcrooks was the best skateboard related video I've seen in a long time.  Him and Kelly talked about it for what felt like over an hour easy.  Maybe longer.  It was great theatre.  Thank you Nine Club.
[close]

that convo was batshit lol it went from interesting to ok enough already to hilarious to i cant believe theyve been talking about it this long to am i losing my mind theyre talking in circles back to hilarious again

it was like sideshow bob stepping on the rakes level
[close]
these were my emotions exactly.  Whenever I’m in the kitchen I’ll chip away at whatever podcast I’ve been listening to.  Somehow I managed to start that episode of Nine Club Live right as they began that conversation, and finished doing some dishes, cooking a pretty mean huevos rancheros, and finished eating it as they were finally wrapping up the conversation. 

Then Kelly kept bringing it up after the fact while they were watching videos, and you could just see it in Jeron’s eyes.  The rage.  This reminds me of how Kelly and Eldy’s feud began - Kelly senses he gets on someone’s nerves and then keeps poking at it and and smiling and laughing while saying “ It’s all good dude!  It’s all good!”.  Eventually thats going to drive your friends fucking insane.
[close]

What episode was this? I need to hear now
[close]
nine club live episode #36.
Might as well start it at like the 56:00 minute mark because then you can hear Chris say he could still nosegrind that giant rainbow ledge in Manhattan. 

He actually means it too… it’s fucked up.
[close]

Still such a great username KP. and that ledge in Columbus circle is so fucked up. Chris def bunted that so so hard.
[close]
thanks budday.  That ledge is over head height at its peak and Chris said “I’ll just wax the shit out of it”. I would pay ryan kulla money just to see Chris try that.  I’m all for those wild imaginary bunts, though. 
(As a Nine Club fan, I also think Ryan kulla has every right to pay however much money to whatever podcast he likes.)

Spot is gnarly as hell but it definitely isn't head height unless you're a little person lol. I was there today and it isn't even up to my nipples and I'm not even that tall.

D10S

• Rep: -58
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #2572 on: February 13, 2024, 09:44:02 AM »

"Deep down I always wanted to be a street skater." - Rune

Great Tom Penny stories in this one.

InkkeACAB

« Reply #2573 on: February 13, 2024, 10:22:17 AM »
every show without fail his questions loop back to how much money people make

DakotaRed

• Rep: 25
« Reply #2574 on: February 13, 2024, 10:39:50 AM »
For real. Said this last night out loud to myself, "This guy is obsessed with other people's money". I'm a fan btw, it's just sometimes irrelevant and usually awkward.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 10:49:56 AM by DakotaRed »

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
  • sup dog
« Reply #2575 on: February 13, 2024, 10:41:04 AM »

"Deep down I always wanted to be a street skater." - Rune

Great Tom Penny stories in this one.
No wonder I always thought his vert skating looked like street skating, and was the most entertaining to watch.
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #2576 on: February 14, 2024, 11:09:08 AM »
Is it safe to assume it’s Appleyard he’s referring to getting back on flip?

KrisJolson

« Reply #2577 on: February 14, 2024, 11:24:14 AM »

crob would just not let it go. dude seems super thirsty. really annoying. you could tell rune was not interested in discussing his money

CurbyPuckit

« Reply #2578 on: February 14, 2024, 11:36:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The other day when Jeron was going on for a while about whether Jamie Foy did a fakie 5-0 or a fakie overcrooks was the best skateboard related video I've seen in a long time.  Him and Kelly talked about it for what felt like over an hour easy.  Maybe longer.  It was great theatre.  Thank you Nine Club.
[close]

that convo was batshit lol it went from interesting to ok enough already to hilarious to i cant believe theyve been talking about it this long to am i losing my mind theyre talking in circles back to hilarious again

it was like sideshow bob stepping on the rakes level
[close]
these were my emotions exactly.  Whenever I’m in the kitchen I’ll chip away at whatever podcast I’ve been listening to.  Somehow I managed to start that episode of Nine Club Live right as they began that conversation, and finished doing some dishes, cooking a pretty mean huevos rancheros, and finished eating it as they were finally wrapping up the conversation. 

Then Kelly kept bringing it up after the fact while they were watching videos, and you could just see it in Jeron’s eyes.  The rage.  This reminds me of how Kelly and Eldy’s feud began - Kelly senses he gets on someone’s nerves and then keeps poking at it and and smiling and laughing while saying “ It’s all good dude!  It’s all good!”.  Eventually thats going to drive your friends fucking insane.
[close]

What episode was this? I need to hear now
[close]
nine club live episode #36.
Might as well start it at like the 56:00 minute mark because then you can hear Chris say he could still nosegrind that giant rainbow ledge in Manhattan. 

He actually means it too… it’s fucked up.
[close]

Still such a great username KP. and that ledge in Columbus circle is so fucked up. Chris def bunted that so so hard.
[close]
thanks budday.  That ledge is over head height at its peak and Chris said “I’ll just wax the shit out of it”. I would pay ryan kulla money just to see Chris try that.  I’m all for those wild imaginary bunts, though. 
(As a Nine Club fan, I also think Ryan kulla has every right to pay however much money to whatever podcast he likes.)
[close]

Spot is gnarly as hell but it definitely isn't head height unless you're a little person lol. I was there today and it isn't even up to my nipples and I'm not even that tall.
yes I realize I was exaggerating a bit… but close enough.  If you crouch before popping that shits gonna be about head height.  Good enough for me

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2579 on: February 14, 2024, 12:29:56 PM »
Is it safe to assume it’s Appleyard he’s referring to getting back on flip?

Appleyard, Rowley or Bastien are all possibilities...

My money is on Eric Fletcher though.
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"