Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 367129 times)

citycity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -103
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #2520 on: February 06, 2024, 05:04:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
The other day when Jeron was going on for a while about whether Jamie Foy did a fakie 5-0 or a fakie overcrooks was the best skateboard related video I've seen in a long time.  Him and Kelly talked about it for what felt like over an hour easy.  Maybe longer.  It was great theatre.  Thank you Nine Club.
[close]

that convo was batshit lol it went from interesting to ok enough already to hilarious to i cant believe theyve been talking about it this long to am i losing my mind theyre talking in circles back to hilarious again

it was like sideshow bob stepping on the rakes level
[close]
these were my emotions exactly.  Whenever I’m in the kitchen I’ll chip away at whatever podcast I’ve been listening to.  Somehow I managed to start that episode of Nine Club Live right as they began that conversation, and finished doing some dishes, cooking a pretty mean huevos rancheros, and finished eating it as they were finally wrapping up the conversation. 

Then Kelly kept bringing it up after the fact while they were watching videos, and you could just see it in Jeron’s eyes.  The rage.  This reminds me of how Kelly and Eldy’s feud began - Kelly senses he gets on someone’s nerves and then keeps poking at it and and smiling and laughing while saying “ It’s all good dude!  It’s all good!”.  Eventually thats going to drive your friends fucking insane.
[close]

What episode was this? I need to hear now
[close]
nine club live episode #36.
Might as well start it at like the 56:00 minute mark because then you can hear Chris say he could still nosegrind that giant rainbow ledge in Manhattan. 

He actually means it too… it’s fucked up.
[close]

Still such a great username KP. and that ledge in Columbus circle is so fucked up. Chris def bunted that so so hard.
[close]
thanks budday.  That ledge is over head height at its peak and Chris said “I’ll just wax the shit out of it”. I would pay ryan kulla money just to see Chris try that.  I’m all for those wild imaginary bunts, though. 
(As a Nine Club fan, I also think Ryan kulla has every right to pay however much money to whatever podcast he likes.)
Wait, I think you’re onto something. I would also pay Rkulla money to see Chris try that. This could be an idea

Badmeaningood

• Rep: 22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2521 on: February 06, 2024, 05:33:07 AM »
Am I dreaming or did ET bs noselide that ledge?

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -767
« Reply #2522 on: February 06, 2024, 05:50:12 AM »
This fakie 5-0 argument is the best thing ive ever seen on their. Its hilarious.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

fernando the skater

• Rep: 123
« Reply #2523 on: February 06, 2024, 05:59:30 AM »
They should sell "It's not a fakie 5-0" t shirt.

stupidfuckface

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #2524 on: February 06, 2024, 06:37:05 AM »

Fakie salad,  case closed

Paperclip20

• Rep: 138
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #2525 on: February 06, 2024, 06:45:02 AM »

He did

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #2526 on: February 06, 2024, 06:46:00 AM »

yes

re: the fakie 5-0 - fakie salad sounds gross, but that's what I saw

roger mumbles fakie salad into the background a couple times and they all ignore him. He's the punished scribe of the group for sure

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #2527 on: February 06, 2024, 06:49:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fakie salad makes sense but if we're using that logic then there's no such thing as a fakie fs crook or fakie bs crook. It would be called a fakie b/s 5-0 and fakie suski.

Mickey Knox

• Rep: -32
« Reply #2528 on: February 06, 2024, 06:53:58 AM »
 I always liked the bunt dude’s argument on trick names that if you know what someone is referring to when talking about a trick then who the fuck cares. I get that’s it’s fun to talk about to an extent but it’s not something to take seriously and lord over someone as if your skate knowledge is superior as Kelly was doing. Especially not to fucking Jeron Wilson. It’s amazing the lack of awareness Kelly has, somewhere in that argument you can tell Jeron is getting really over it but he just keeps prodding him and not letting it go, meanwhile he’s thinking it’s chill just laughing about it. Know your place Kelly.

citycity

« Reply #2529 on: February 06, 2024, 08:04:43 AM »
I always liked the bunt dude’s argument on trick names that if you know what someone is referring to when talking about a trick then who the fuck cares. I get that’s it’s fun to talk about to an extent but it’s not something to take seriously and lord over someone as if your skate knowledge is superior as Kelly was doing. Especially not to fucking Jeron Wilson. It’s amazing the lack of awareness Kelly has, somewhere in that argument you can tell Jeron is getting really over it but he just keeps prodding him and not letting it go, meanwhile he’s thinking it’s chill just laughing about it. Know your place Kelly.

I agree with the Bunt take. The argument between Kelly and Jeron was simply awkward after a point more than anything. Yes he was prodding, but also what was even the argument honestly, are we gonna be real on here? That’s a fakie 5-0 and no one has ever thought differently.

The argument of if you showed me a still photo what truck do you think it is?

I’ve never heard that argument before and I think it is not a strong one.

Truck is a fakie 5-0.

Discuss.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 09:36:06 AM by citycity »

Mickey Knox

• Rep: -32
« Reply #2530 on: February 06, 2024, 09:33:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree with the Bunt take. The argument between Kelly and Jeron was simply awkward after a point more than anything. Yes he was prodding, but also what was even the argument honestly, are we gonna be real on here? That’s a valid 5-0 and no one has ever thought differently.

Truck is a fake 5-0.

Discuss.
I get the photo argument a bit, just not how Jeron described. If I saw a photo of it going down something I could tell it was fakie by the posture but in a literal sense looking at it wouldn’t it be a switch nosegrind? My 13 year old self thought of it as a fakie Ollie to switch nosegrind, which is a mouthful and didn’t really make sense once I learned otherwise. Nollie and fakie when were referring to fs or bs flip tricks are also flip flopped. A nollie nose grind regular footed is the same motion as a fake five-o goofy footed it’s just reversed when going fakie considering you’re going backwards. That’s how I thought of it at least….

Bunt guys also made a good point that it’s also the easiest way to say it, hence we say fakie manny instead of fakie Ollie to switch nose manual. Fakie 5-0 sounds way cleaner.

citycity

« Reply #2531 on: February 06, 2024, 09:37:36 AM »
Fakie 5-0. Good post above wrt if you see the still image the body language tell you all you need to know.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 257
  • sup dog
« Reply #2532 on: February 06, 2024, 03:57:56 PM »
Fakie naming is dumb. Why do we insist that fakie 5-0 has the same naming logic as a nollie nosegrind.

But don’t listen to me: I think frontside overcooks on rails exist, as do frontside nose grinds…

BEEEE CAAAAUSE if backside overcooks exist, so do frontside overcrooks.

If they didn’t, then we should just say backside nose grinds no matter how far over the rail it goes.

But again… don’t listen to me.

(*and I don’t know what to call the fakie 5-0 in question. Fakie 5-0 with steez I guess. Because fakie switch frontside overcrook sounds too wordy… but that’s how I would describe to someone) 

**damn yeah there’s just no term for crooked 5-0’s except Suski, but that’s only backside.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 04:09:24 PM by JM »
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

KrisJolson

« Reply #2533 on: February 06, 2024, 04:03:08 PM »
i like jeron but he should absolutely know thats a fakie 5-0

fs overkrook is a video game trick & as kelly explained...no such thing as fs suski

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #2534 on: February 06, 2024, 04:20:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Fakie salad makes sense but if we're using that logic then there's no such thing as a fakie fs crook or fakie bs crook. It would be called a fakie b/s 5-0 and fakie suski.

I support this. I got in an argument on IG with the guy who skated across America about this. He kept ignoring what I was saying and just kept calling a “fakie front crook” a fakie suski and I kept telling him there’s no fs suski and he just kept looping his argument. Infuriating. I deleted my comment cause then everyone started coming to his defense lol

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #2535 on: February 06, 2024, 04:29:59 PM »
Gary rogers talks like he’s some world changing motivational speaker rapper Instagram influencer entrepreneur type shit yafeelme

Him and crob ( “I know and understand comedy”) are so annoying

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2536 on: February 06, 2024, 04:52:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I support this. I got in an argument on IG with the guy who skated across America about this. He kept ignoring what I was saying and just kept calling a “fakie front crook” a fakie suski and I kept telling him there’s no fs suski and he just kept looping his argument. Infuriating. I deleted my comment cause then everyone started coming to his defense lol
but there’s a July 2007 skateboard mag cover of Aaron Suski doing his signature grind FS down a hubba so I guess that complicates things

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2537 on: February 06, 2024, 04:56:19 PM »

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 257
  • sup dog
« Reply #2538 on: February 06, 2024, 05:05:39 PM »

Yeah there is no name for a crooked 5-0 except backside and turning towards your toes.

There is no crooked 5-0 blunt style.   *it’s a salad, dumbass.

There is no frontside Suski.

Somebody should have named them long ago. Too late now. We’re fucked.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 05:04:21 AM by JM »
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #2539 on: February 06, 2024, 06:28:29 PM »
That's just a regular frontside 5-0. He's going into the bank so he's slightly turning but the truck is fully on.

Nikolai piombo would be my example of someone who's making a front suski a thing. Maybe to the point they could be called piombo grinds
He's got a bunch in different parts but first one I found 3:10

2:45

hiljentaa

• Rep: 318
« Reply #2540 on: February 06, 2024, 06:34:28 PM »
That's just a regular frontside 5-0. He's going into the bank so he's slightly turning but the truck is fully on.

Nikolai piombo would be my example of someone who's making a front suski a thing. Maybe to the point they could be called piombo grinds

Agreed, that cover is a FS 5-0.

I think a FS "Suski", aka FS toeside pinched & crooked 5-0 could be a different trick, but it needs to be very intentional and probably a trick in, or out, to be differentiated.

None of this shit matters, really, but skaters are always going to talk.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #2541 on: February 06, 2024, 06:35:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I agree with the Bunt take. The argument between Kelly and Jeron was simply awkward after a point more than anything. Yes he was prodding, but also what was even the argument honestly, are we gonna be real on here? That’s a valid 5-0 and no one has ever thought differently.

Truck is a fake 5-0.

Discuss.
[close]
I get the photo argument a bit, just not how Jeron described. If I saw a photo of it going down something I could tell it was fakie by the posture but in a literal sense looking at it wouldn’t it be a switch nosegrind? My 13 year old self thought of it as a fakie Ollie to switch nosegrind, which is a mouthful and didn’t really make sense once I learned otherwise. Nollie and fakie when were referring to fs or bs flip tricks are also flip flopped. A nollie nose grind regular footed is the same motion as a fake five-o goofy footed it’s just reversed when going fakie considering you’re going backwards. That’s how I thought of it at least….

Bunt guys also made a good point that it’s also the easiest way to say it, hence we say fakie manny instead of fakie Ollie to switch nose manual. Fakie 5-0 sounds way cleaner.

this comment just reminded me that the concept of fakie just makes it all complicated. Instead of it being "backwards" it should be what it is. Especially when you start talking about the halfcab flips

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #2542 on: February 06, 2024, 07:10:20 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Yeah there is no name for a crooked 5-0 except backside and turning towards your toes.

There is no crooked 5-0 blunt style.

Lol imagine if they labeled it a fs suski in the caption

Banned from the room

« Reply #2543 on: February 06, 2024, 07:26:24 PM »
I only "krooked" 5oh if I'm really really feeling it the spot demands it Or I'm in transition. In transition you gotta do it like Cardiel.

In that photo it was the clear choice. Straight on probably would have less dynamic a shot.

My trick choice would have looked exactly like that but it would be a fakie nose grinder. My go to fir ledges

Look how on top he is. I might have ate it on that one.i like mine pinched more like a crook
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 07:33:34 PM by Uncle Flea »

citycity

« Reply #2544 on: February 06, 2024, 07:39:36 PM »
i like jeron but he should absolutely know thats a fakie 5-0

fs overkrook is a video game trick & as kelly explained...no such thing as fs suski

Thank you

citycity

« Reply #2545 on: February 06, 2024, 07:43:27 PM »
Gary rogers talks like he’s some world changing motivational speaker rapper Instagram influencer entrepreneur type shit yafeelme

Him and crob ( “I know and understand comedy”) are so annoying

Yup. And Gary is mad annoying. So is Chris though slightly less. Yolo. Imma watch the new true detective. Roll call corpsicle

citycity

« Reply #2546 on: February 06, 2024, 07:45:52 PM »
Also have we ever talked about how there is a salad and suski and backside and frontside 5-0. There is no frontside nose grind variations accept the front croook and backside / frontside nose grind. Case closed?

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -40
« Reply #2547 on: February 06, 2024, 08:26:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

There is no crooked 5-0 blunt style.

[close]

Lol imagine if they labeled it a fs suski in the caption
come on guys… right now we’re no better than Kelly yelling at Jeron that it’s all good!!!!

Weededed

• Rep: 222
  • I never needed it..
« Reply #2548 on: February 06, 2024, 08:30:27 PM »

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #2549 on: February 06, 2024, 08:49:58 PM »
Fakie 5-0 in the real world. Switch Nollie overcrook when you’re playing THPS. Anyone know what part ET’s noseslide on the rainbow ledge is in? Also in the photo caption it says Bobby Worrest did a grind over it in a line, anyone know where that footy is? Thank you!