Author Topic: Bastien-The lost part on friday  (Read 28057 times)

WHO CARES?

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: Bastien-The lost part on friday
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2014, 08:42:22 AM »
what Sheffledge said.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 428
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2014, 09:38:24 AM »
I got so much nostalgia from watching this. Took me back to the glory days of the Flip videos and watching someone with so much personality in their skating is awesome. His tricks are so much fun to watch with all his crazy pop.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2014, 09:39:10 AM »
MODS, can we do something about the overt racism in this thread? And in many other threads for that matter? Recently there was a poster that shared some anti-semitic views. Everyone pounced all over him and I believe his account was banned. But nearly every day we get blatantly racist anti-white posts and nothing is done about it. Maybe we could make 2014 the year that Slap stops condoning racism?

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 09:52:23 AM by Iceman »

Sheffledge

• Rep: -109
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2014, 09:40:49 AM »
WHAT IN THE FUCK HAS HAPPENED TO SLAP

GRIMCITY where the fuck you at yo

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2014, 09:42:24 AM »
Wow that part was Amazing! the cab flip the chain was just complete insanity.

Since SLAP is supposed to be the most 'well-connected' forum to the skate industry, will one of you guys shed some light on to what exactly happened with Bastien?

Dude went crazy?

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2014, 09:56:39 AM »
Damn, Benny Fairfax really upped his game.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2014, 10:02:02 AM »
MODS, can we do something about the overt racism in this thread? And in many other threads for that matter? Recently there was a poster that shared some anti-semitic views. Everyone pounced all over him and I believe his account was banned. But nearly every day we get blatantly racist anti-white posts and nothing is done about it. Maybe we could make 2014 the year that Slap stops condoning racism?

Why does everyone bitch about racism on here now?

It's one of the best/funniest things about the forum.

It's funny, lighten up.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

work lurk

• Rep: 0
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2014, 10:08:11 AM »
best flip and catch in the game. damn, that was fun to watch.

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2014, 10:08:17 AM »
"This one was for your mom dog!"

Hatechild

« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2014, 10:10:59 AM »
It's criminal this footage didn't get released in 2004.

???

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2014, 10:25:17 AM »
could see him on Threat.  Imagine him and Forrest together............

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2014, 10:30:50 AM »

That would be sick.

railchomper420

• Rep: -35
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2014, 10:32:04 AM »

if he was an 'murican he could sue the shit of flip for destroying his career like they did (dude put in work, no matter what else was going on)

this part is fucked. what the hell flip.

dask8d00d

« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2014, 10:36:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Why does everyone bitch about racism on here now?

It's one of the best/funniest things about the forum.

It's funny, lighten up.

Remember that one thread where were everyone was talking about how white people are always the first to get worked up about some little shit? Lmao

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 733
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2014, 10:57:32 AM »
and Darrell Stanton and Gersh and Shiloh. It would be really sick, but I can't help but feel there's some sort of pattern here.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 385
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2014, 11:03:41 AM »
Big ups to Bastien, Ewan, Thrasher and all those involved in getting this out! Truly impressive stuff.

Dude still can't turn left though.

I doubt Bastien had anything to do with getting this released.  I hope he gets some money or recognition for this because he got fucked over in the original deal.  I like how Thrasher's description was written to make it sound like Ewan just so happened to find all of this amazing footage on a couple of tapes when Flip basically held this part hostage after they kicked Bastien off.

Box of Frogs

• Rep: 7
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2014, 11:07:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Big ups to Bastien, Ewan, Thrasher and all those involved in getting this out! Truly impressive stuff.

[close]

I doubt Bastien had anything to do with getting this released.  I hope he gets some money or recognition for this because he got fucked over in the original deal.  I like how Thrasher's description was written to make it sound like Ewan just so happened to find all of this amazing footage on a couple of tapes when Flip basically held this part hostage after they kicked Bastien off.

This is probably closer to the truth.

While we are on the subject of "lost" parts, What happened with MJs enjoipart Ty robbed the world of. Didnt Carrol say he still had it?

Erica's boyfriend is stealing our erica and our dylan! fuck that guy!

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2014, 11:21:54 AM »
I can't believe he cab flipped the Liu Kang gap.  That was insane.  2014 will be a good year for him.

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2014, 11:24:06 AM »
I understand Bowman was going for a timeless monumental vibe, but just to be true to the era it should be set to Belgian house from 2002.
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal

self-loathing gnarcissist

• Rep: -92
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2014, 11:28:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Flip has some explaining to do about how on earth this kid got dropped. That part was gnar as fuck.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He had that Etnies ad back in the day of cab flip back lip down the Melbourne gold rails and the footy never came out? looks like its going to drop in this part, there's a clip of him riding up fake that cuts off!
[close]
cab flip front board, which is even more fucked. They dropped pretty obvious hints it will be in there.
[close]

Are you saying cab flip back lip would be easier than cab flip front board?

[close]
absolutely. Try doing just a cab into both of those tricks then get back to me, k?
[close]

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about haha. I can cab front board flatbars but I'll probably never do it to a backlip. Not sure how you could think those would be easier.
[close]

He doesn't know what he's talking about. Landing blindside on the rail is obviously harder than spotting the landing. His whole "go try it then get back to me" was a dead give away he's just talking shit
[close]
I'm calling bullshit on all of you. A cab back lip works in a natural way, all you have to do is a 270 cab and you land right over the rail. Cab front boards you spin away from the rail, meaning unless you are coming at an angle or doing essentially an alley oop cabalarial you aren't going to end up over the rail.
Your line about "landing blindside" is stupid too, are you going to tell me next its easier to kickflip into frontside tailslides than backside ones?
I'm just saying, I've tried cabs into both, landed one of them, and the other made no sense at all, because you couldn't just do the cab and land on it.
edit: and one final thought- which do you see people 270 into more, boardslides, or lipslides? There's a reason for that.
[close]

Gipper has a point. I was trying to do them onto a parking block last night and the cab back lip worked much easier. Unless you come at an angle on the cab front board, you're completely fucked. it just doesn't work.

I'm really starting to think you guys are getting front boards and back lips mixed up.

DARIA

• Rep: -60
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2014, 11:32:41 AM »
damn Lutzka varial heel noseslid clipper in that rockstar clip.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2014, 11:41:15 AM »
White mods permitting anti-white racism while cracking down on other forms of racism is a perfect example of white guilt.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2014, 11:54:03 AM »
White mods permitting anti-white racism while cracking down on other forms of racism is a perfect example of white guilt.
There really hasn't been any anti-white racism in this thread. I'll take it you are white, what about your identity has been attacked?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

6feetdeep

• Rep: -1
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2014, 11:58:15 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

This. I don't get the whole thing. I wonder what his career would've looked liked, if they released the part in 2004 or whenever it should've come out.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2014, 12:09:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
There really hasn't been any anti-white racism in this thread. I'll take it you are white, what about your identity has been attacked?

If I didn't know any better I would think you were trolling or joking. You gotta be kidding me, dude. Go back and reread this thread.

No offense concerning my person beyond the fact that I loathe racism. I'm just tired of the racially slanted moderation here. Shit, if anything, either don't crack down on any of it, or crack down on all of it. But giving preference to any race, is, by definition, racist.

ChillMurray

• Rep: -36
« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2014, 12:24:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Flip has some explaining to do about how on earth this kid got dropped. That part was gnar as fuck.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He had that Etnies ad back in the day of cab flip back lip down the Melbourne gold rails and the footy never came out? looks like its going to drop in this part, there's a clip of him riding up fake that cuts off!
[close]
cab flip front board, which is even more fucked. They dropped pretty obvious hints it will be in there.
[close]

Are you saying cab flip back lip would be easier than cab flip front board?

[close]
absolutely. Try doing just a cab into both of those tricks then get back to me, k?
[close]

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about haha. I can cab front board flatbars but I'll probably never do it to a backlip. Not sure how you could think those would be easier.
[close]

He doesn't know what he's talking about. Landing blindside on the rail is obviously harder than spotting the landing. His whole "go try it then get back to me" was a dead give away he's just talking shit
[close]
I'm calling bullshit on all of you. A cab back lip works in a natural way, all you have to do is a 270 cab and you land right over the rail. Cab front boards you spin away from the rail, meaning unless you are coming at an angle or doing essentially an alley oop cabalarial you aren't going to end up over the rail.
Your line about "landing blindside" is stupid too, are you going to tell me next its easier to kickflip into frontside tailslides than backside ones?
I'm just saying, I've tried cabs into both, landed one of them, and the other made no sense at all, because you couldn't just do the cab and land on it.
edit: and one final thought- which do you see people 270 into more, boardslides, or lipslides? There's a reason for that.
[close]

Gipper has a point. I was trying to do them onto a parking block last night and the cab back lip worked much easier. Unless you come at an angle on the cab front board, you're completely fucked. it just doesn't work.
[close]

I'm really starting to think you guys are getting front boards and back lips mixed up.

No he's wrong that's why he keeps bringing in other tricks trying to justify his thoughts. Didn't know there was a rule about not going at an angle. I've seen people basically do a little more than a half cab and land in front board. Try that with a backlip. No progress will be made in this discussion I'm sure.
RIP Pimp C

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2014, 12:33:08 PM »
"I've seen" "I've seen"....but you haven't done, and that's where your fatal flaw is. Go try it. Seriously.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ChillMurray

• Rep: -36
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2014, 12:36:15 PM »
"I've seen" "I've seen"....but you haven't done, and that's where your fatal flaw is. Go try it. Seriously.

You are a fucking tool box. Where's your footage of doing one since you claim it there tough guy?
RIP Pimp C

DARIA

• Rep: -60
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2014, 12:39:18 PM »
ive never seen anyone fakie flip a triple set. #NBD ?