Author Topic: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently  (Read 988065 times)

Easy Slider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
Re: Skate Shit you've Bought Recently
« Reply #7470 on: March 23, 2022, 12:09:11 PM »
Standard suede Busenitz. I had a pair of leather ones but they were too stiff and hurt my feet. The suede ones are so smooth.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 188
« Reply #7471 on: March 23, 2022, 10:42:55 PM »
Ready for some good weather.
8.25s and an egg....really liking the Transportation Unit shape

GBLange

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #7472 on: March 24, 2022, 03:45:59 AM »
ordered another ace af-1 77s

Peepeeboy69

• Rep: 14
« Reply #7473 on: March 24, 2022, 08:24:25 AM »
i got tactics 7.75, 8, 8.25

i set up the 7.75 yesterday on 5.2 lows and 53mm stf v3s and they felt so good, flip like nobody's business and just stick to the foot real good if that makes sense. I might just get 3 more of the 7.75 cause they're like $30/pop with grip shipped.

Dooky-shoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -306
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #7474 on: March 24, 2022, 08:40:54 AM »

Not sure what the reasoning behind the razor edge is aside from next level shinners. Maybe it makes the board feel wider than it is?
I had the BAKU board board and i softened the edge with a sander. Loved it

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #7475 on: March 24, 2022, 03:27:03 PM »

This is not normal for me to buy so much in one week,

OCD 10th birthday sale i went the site to buy a set of wheels and it opened the flood gates
Even reebok sale was hit ..   ::)

Wheels are 2 x f4 lil smokies 50mm
Super juice mini
Ricta cloud 52mm 78a

Trucks are ace af1 low ace classic 03 low

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #7476 on: March 24, 2022, 03:34:14 PM »

OCD 10th birthday sale i went the site to buy a set of wheels and it opened the flood gates

Super juice mini
Ricta cloud 52mm 78a

jesus, how much did that set you back? and how much did you save?

i was looking at a set of the lil smokies, curious to hear how they skate
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #7477 on: March 24, 2022, 03:56:15 PM »
Lil smokies are formula 4 and they skate great
If u like 50mm wheels

Don't want to do the maths it wasn't one purchase
Didn't cost as much as it looks tho, shoes were all $50 aussie or under

Only thing that I paid full price for is the saint marks deck and
I would happily pay those dudes full price especially being from Sydney and all..

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #7478 on: March 24, 2022, 05:19:16 PM »
Just found me one of those shirts Hopps did with Kieth as a Peanuts style kid. Thankful for Kieth.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

El Freegano

• Rep: 217
« Reply #7479 on: March 25, 2022, 01:41:49 AM »

Super juice mini
Ricta cloud 52mm 78a

Wooow you have more stuff than the skateshops around here :D

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #7480 on: March 25, 2022, 04:29:16 AM »
Spits formula 4 OG Classics in 53mm. Wanted to try a wider wheel since a long time. I am usually on 54mm classics.

Are wider wheels a advantage or disadvantage for my type of skating? (Flat, Banks, Flatrails, Ditches and crusty alleyways.)

I think they might be a bit harder to flip but what about powerslides, nose- and tailslides? Isn't that easier with a wider and more square contact patch? Enlighten me pals.
IG: @flowterspace

Slugboi22

• Rep: 69
« Reply #7481 on: March 25, 2022, 10:18:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Not sure what the reasoning behind the razor edge is aside from next level shinners. Maybe it makes the board feel wider than it is?
I had the BAKU board board and i softened the edge with a sander. Loved it
i think it supposedly keeps the board for sogging out/makes it more crisp but i don’t personally believe that. I had the 9 symmetrical egg with razor edge and didn’t really feel a difference. heroin shapes are super good. did you skate the deerman shape or just a baku graphic?

Musicaldeath107

• Rep: 122
« Reply #7482 on: March 25, 2022, 12:02:59 PM »
Technically not directly a skateboarding thing, but these Aryse ankle braces are amazing.
Finally something to stabilize my goopy ankles that doesn't ruin my already terrible trick selection

lazer69

• Rep: -96
« Reply #7483 on: March 26, 2022, 02:03:12 PM »

8.5x32.25 skate warehouse
52mm ff classic
Diamond bearings
Indy hardware

Got some grip gum

Also got some new deluxe 94 super cush bushings in there

Got these from Ross for $23

Never skated puma before. The insole feels way to light and soft (but not in a good), that can be changed though.

Honestly shouldn't be buying much skate stuff. I try to skate once a week and I feel like I feel sore as soon as i hit the park and start trying to get the board off the ground. My knees feel like they carry a elephant lately.

P.s. selling a toy machine Daniel Lutheran 8.5 x 32 that's been skated once - In Chicago region.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #7484 on: March 26, 2022, 06:23:32 PM »

Cardiel Huffer
Ace AF1 66s
Pig Rails

Setting up tonight

MysticalTypeExperience

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #7485 on: March 27, 2022, 11:08:57 AM »
Crail mystery box results:

Pretty stoked to try the Phawt shape, I don't mind the graphics at all either. The wheels are 56mm classic shapes with the narrow contact patch. I usually skate conical shaped wheels so at least they're something different I can try.

El Freegano

« Reply #7486 on: March 28, 2022, 07:36:42 AM »

The treasures for this month. There was a good sale and first i got the new royals 139 and loophole ben gore 52 teardrop shape but last week decided to add some more stuff and got Magenta Jameel Douglas board 8 width, jameel douglas loophole 54  teardrop shape, miles grip, mini logo medium bushings and indy pivot. I read in the Magenta webpage that this guest board is made especially with steeper concave than the rest of their boards and it is true. The tail is steeper than my other magenta and the concave is a bit deeper. I bought the adidas second hand for 10 euros. Vs pace model, synthetic upper, it is light and comfy but the insole need to be changed with something more cushioning.

Solex

• Rep: 29
« Reply #7487 on: March 28, 2022, 08:40:41 AM »

The treasures for this month. There was a good sale and first i got the new royals 139 and loophole ben gore 52 teardrop shape but last week decided to add some more stuff and got Magenta Jameel Douglas board 8 width, jameel douglas loophole 54  teardrop shape, miles grip, mini logo medium bushings and indy pivot. I read in the Magenta webpage that this guest board is made especially with steeper concave than the rest of their boards and it is true. The tail is steeper than my other magenta and the concave is a bit deeper. I bought the adidas second hand for 10 euros. Vs pace model, synthetic upper, it is light and comfy but the insole need to be changed with something more cushioning.
Do you plan to skate those vs pace? I had 3 pair, and for sure they are nice, light, and really pleasant to wear, but yeah, the insole is filmsy, and the synthetic upper make them stinky pretty quickly. :D I skated a pair a few hours and they held up surprinsingly well, but regarding the cheap construction I'm pretty sure the sole wouldn't last very long!

El Freegano

« Reply #7488 on: March 28, 2022, 09:37:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Do you plan to skate those vs pace? I had 3 pair, and for sure they are nice, light, and really pleasant to wear, but yeah, the insole is filmsy, and the synthetic upper make them stinky pretty quickly. :D I skated a pair a few hours and they held up surprinsingly well, but regarding the cheap construction I'm pretty sure the sole wouldn't last very long!
I bought them for sk8ing coz they were cheap and i don't want to destroy my other shoes yet, so if they last me a month i would be more than happy. My concern is that the synthetic upper may not last long, but i have some ripcare to spread upon. I quess the sole is also like you say, but... 10 euros :) will skate shit out of them :D

Solex

• Rep: 29
« Reply #7489 on: March 28, 2022, 10:34:14 AM »
Yes, it's 10 bucks!

GlenSuggittsflexfit

« Reply #7490 on: March 28, 2022, 10:52:56 AM »

52mm ff classic
Diamond bearings
Indy hardware

Got some grip gum

Got these from Ross for $23

Never skated puma before. The insole feels way to light and soft (but not in a good), that can be changed though.

Honestly shouldn't be buying much skate stuff. I try to skate once a week and I feel like I feel sore as soon as i hit the park and start trying to get the board off the ground. My knees feel like they carry a elephant lately.

P.s. selling a toy machine Daniel Lutheran 8.5 x 32 that's been skated once - In Chicago region.

This is high in contention for WSJOTY.

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 315
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #7491 on: March 28, 2022, 12:46:53 PM »

52mm ff classic
Diamond bearings
Indy hardware

Got some grip gum

just in case you didn't know, the supercush bushings are designed for Ventures. Thunders have a bottom conical bushing and the supercush are barrel bottoms. You may lose some turning capability running the supercush in the Thunders. There are aftermarket thunder bushings and thunder rebuild kits out there that you should try if the supercush doesn't work out.

lazer69

• Rep: -96
« Reply #7492 on: March 28, 2022, 04:30:24 PM »
Thanks for bringing that up, notinternetfamous. I actually do have a set of ventures.

By the way what's WSJOTY?

Worst setup jaloppi of the year ?

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #7493 on: March 28, 2022, 04:46:19 PM »
Thanks for bringing that up, notinternetfamous. I actually do have a set of ventures.

By the way what's WSJOTY?

Worst setup jaloppi of the year ?

Worst Sticker Job =d

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
« Reply #7494 on: March 28, 2022, 10:20:58 PM »
Gamma G6 on sale plus 15% of :D
Couple sets of Bones Wheels, an OJ set, and some Mob Grip from that SW sale!
I didn't need any of the gear but I just had a birthday so I treated myself! Should all come in tomorrow or Wednesday
Super Champion Fun Zone

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #7495 on: March 30, 2022, 09:03:40 AM »
Technically not directly a skateboarding thing, but these Aryse ankle braces are amazing.
Finally something to stabilize my goopy ankles that doesn't ruin my already terrible trick selection

My go to every time I tweak my ankle...unless it's REALLY bad then I slap on the beast that is the Etc.

It's my push foot (skating regs, natural stance)....what fucks me up the most are bailed heelflips; however I land on a bailed one, the position of my rear foot has a 75% chance to send my ankle into the void; I stay away from heelflips these days on flat, if I do them off something I have a better chance of choosing the stick or bails.

Edit: I've done ankle rehab since the dawn of my ankle rolls and it still doesn't help me (anymore) but I still do them for preventive measures ; my last severe ankle roll took me out for 6 months and I never recovered properly from that one, it's not a forever tweaked. I'm sitting down typing this and I can feel the tweak. Crazy.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 12:03:18 PM by Xen »

Musicaldeath107

« Reply #7496 on: March 30, 2022, 09:11:11 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My go to every time I tweak my ankle...unless it's REALLY bad then I slap on the beast that is the Etc.

It's my push foot (skating regs, natural stance)....what fucks me up the most are bailed heelflips; however I land on a bailed one, the position of my rear foot send my ankle into the void; I stay away from heelflips these days on flat, if I do them off something I have a better chance to choosing the stick or bails.

My ankles have been bad since I was a kid, literally at one point the tendons were so stretched out I could fold over on my ankle well beyond normal range and it did nothing.  Which was convenient but also... not great haha

3 years ago I sprained my ankle so bad I literally had to relearn everything, took almost a whole year to be able to kickflip again.

I use these on both ankles all the time now, and I don't see ever skating without them. 

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #7497 on: March 30, 2022, 09:32:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

It's my push foot (skating regs, natural stance)....what fucks me up the most are bailed heelflips; however I land on a bailed one, the position of my rear foot send my ankle into the void; I stay away from heelflips these days on flat, if I do them off something I have a better chance to choosing the stick or bails.
[close]

My ankles have been bad since I was a kid, literally at one point the tendons were so stretched out I could fold over on my ankle well beyond normal range and it did nothing.  Which was convenient but also... not great haha

3 years ago I sprained my ankle so bad I literally had to relearn everything, took almost a whole year to be able to kickflip again.

I use these on both ankles all the time now, and I don't see ever skating without them.

I wear the ETC as well but that Aryse looks awesome. Definitely a bit lower profile than the ETC.

Musicaldeath107

« Reply #7498 on: March 30, 2022, 09:47:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

I wear the ETC as well but that Aryse looks awesome. Definitely a bit lower profile than the ETC.

Before these I used a Shock Doctor figure 6 brace, which is very similar to the ETC brace.
The Aryse brace is significantly lower profile.  It also gives you much better up and down movement in your feet/ankles. 
I could feel my pop was impeded by other braces, these not at all.

Boog

• Rep: 201
« Reply #7499 on: March 30, 2022, 04:25:10 PM »
My shop is moving to a bigger building right next door so they are having a moving sale. Got 4 pairs of shoes for 120 bucks. Got the Dickson's emerica, a pair of black on black etnies called the barge ls and got my girl the same etnies and her mom a pair of vans. Pretty happy with the price.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 05:15:10 PM by HumBoogie »