Author Topic: EA Skate Demo  (Read 219178 times)

swissenheights

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: EA Skate Demo
« Reply #360 on: October 30, 2007, 08:24:10 PM »
this game is really challenging tre flips are soo sick
dah

Room Guy

• Rep: 1
  • get gnaughty
« Reply #361 on: October 30, 2007, 08:28:17 PM »
i still find it hard as hell to pop hard flip tricks into mannys. i think its my timing or something

HEY SHINGO!

stagefright

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #362 on: October 30, 2007, 08:29:50 PM »
nice shit peter, how do you do the quick 270 without ollieing out of the tailslide? also the camera angles they give you are so fucking bad for replays.

are feebles on ledges even possible?
we toked a marley and i split back to the park, minding my own busineess when a rollerblader mean mugs..i let it go.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #363 on: October 30, 2007, 08:49:52 PM »
Expand Quote
I(actually my friend) found a really rare double set with gap to rail at the danny way mega ramp. its at the top with the wood ground, its real hard to get to
[close]

ive tried to get up there, but cant seem to ollie up the steps, how do you get up there?

it took me a long time, but i would just ollie and land sideways on the middle step, try to stop, 180 up a few more stairs and repeat.

Universal Remonster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -22
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #364 on: October 30, 2007, 10:07:45 PM »
are feebles on ledges even possible?
ya, they dont look to good though

bothersome

« Reply #365 on: October 30, 2007, 10:10:54 PM »
lately all i skate is the school yard and do ledge lines.
those 3 yellow ledges in a row rule.

frisco

« Reply #366 on: October 30, 2007, 10:52:36 PM »
I decided to throw all my clips together.

It's kinda dark, sorry about that.

that was some dope shit man, i wanted to put something together but  i couldnt upload it on onto EA did you just film your t.v?

also where was that spot where you did the tailslide 270? It looks like its by the mega ramp

jesus0nvi4gra

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #367 on: October 30, 2007, 10:59:07 PM »
Expand Quote
now you guys got me confused again

[close]

Here's a break down of the pro's and con's of each and for each i've given what reason was for me caring or not caring about each. Either system is fine, honestly, but just sharing my preference.

PS3
- cheaper as an entertainment system due too built in wireless, bluetooth and blue ray. you can upgrade xbox to have these extras but it ends up being more expensive and means more cords. but if you have an HD TV the blue ray player is really nice and makes the device easier to sell to your girl\wife as a 2 for 1 appliance as blueray dvd players cost 500.
- the hardware is more modern and packs more power. the processor is the same architecture that intell is planning to move too in 2015 (or somewhere around there) and the blue ray format is newer than the DVD format used by XBox and provides well over double the space. this is not something that is currently being maximized but it will be.
- online services are free. i've used them and i have no complaints. i've played resistance and warhawk online and there are always plenty of games to join, so i'm not sure why people are saying the xbox one is so much better. other than having other people to game with and a fast connection, i'm not sure what makes a good online gaming experience but PS delivers in both areas.

XBox
- more games and the games that are available on both systems look better on XBox currently (although that is likely to change before long when the archtecture of the PS is maximized). XBox will always get more PC ports than PS3 though, just because it's cheaper to port from PC to XBox than PS3.
- better online gamming. again, i don't understand this claim, as the free PS service seems great to me but that's what everyone says.

For me it broke down to 3 things:

- the only game that really matters is Skate, i don't really play anything else since it came out and this is basically a device that allows me to play skate and watch DVDs. By the time i get bored with skate (which will be a long time from now), i'm guessing the PS3 development community and tools will have matured and you'll see some interesting games available.
- all in one system with built-in blue ray gave me a 2 for 1 justification for the purchase which made it an easier sell to both me and my wife
- i'm partial to PS and have faith that they will have the exclusive titles that I actually care about in the future which will do things that XBox games just can't keep up with (because PS3 will be faster and able to support larger levels). i had my ps2 for 7 years so i'm not the type to change systems every other year based on game catelog changes. i would have hated not having a PS in the past when games like Grand Theft, mark of kri or god of war first came out, but I like really violent arcade style games, your preference may be more for sports games which I know nothing about. But for the types of games i enjoy, PS has always had better exclusives.

Good summary, but you seem unsure of LIVE.  As of now LIVE excels(over PSN) because of amount of features it boasts.  Things such as easy text/voice messaging, everyone having a mic, cross game invites, the ability to see what everyone on your friends list is doing/playing, more downloadable content+On demand movie/show content.  Another thing to add is the fact that all 360 games have achievements while PS3 games still lack an equivalent.  Oh, and one place PS3 online shines is in the fact that most games used dedicated servers and not P2P that 360 games use.  This means lag free games.  
     The community on LIVE can also be unbearable sometimes on account of every little fucking 13 year old redneck teaming up with their friends to utter every known racial slur and tell you 97 ways why you're a faggot and they're gonna fuck your mom.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #368 on: October 30, 2007, 11:02:27 PM »
i havent played skate in a long ass time. as i remeber the first weekend online play suckedmadballs.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Peter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #369 on: October 31, 2007, 03:23:02 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

that was some dope shit man, i wanted to put something together but  i couldnt upload it on onto EA did you just film your t.v?

also where was that spot where you did the tailslide 270? It looks like its by the mega ramp

nah, just uploaded it onto the skate.reel and downloaded it from there with mozilla.
http://www.skatethis.net/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=196&func=view&catid=2&id=680
that should explain it pretty good.

and the tailslide 270 is in the suburbs, in some little alley by the elementary school. There's three in a row, but they're still kind of easy to miss.

nice shit peter, how do you do the quick 270 without ollieing out of the tailslide?

when you start to come out to fakie with the left stick, move the right one over too, the same way you do boardslides. should speed up the spin a bit.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #370 on: October 31, 2007, 04:24:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
now you guys got me confused again

[close]

Here's a break down of the pro's and con's of each and for each i've given what reason was for me caring or not caring about each. Either system is fine, honestly, but just sharing my preference.

PS3
- cheaper as an entertainment system due too built in wireless, bluetooth and blue ray. you can upgrade xbox to have these extras but it ends up being more expensive and means more cords. but if you have an HD TV the blue ray player is really nice and makes the device easier to sell to your girl\wife as a 2 for 1 appliance as blueray dvd players cost 500.
- the hardware is more modern and packs more power. the processor is the same architecture that intell is planning to move too in 2015 (or somewhere around there) and the blue ray format is newer than the DVD format used by XBox and provides well over double the space. this is not something that is currently being maximized but it will be.
- online services are free. i've used them and i have no complaints. i've played resistance and warhawk online and there are always plenty of games to join, so i'm not sure why people are saying the xbox one is so much better. other than having other people to game with and a fast connection, i'm not sure what makes a good online gaming experience but PS delivers in both areas.

XBox
- more games and the games that are available on both systems look better on XBox currently (although that is likely to change before long when the archtecture of the PS is maximized). XBox will always get more PC ports than PS3 though, just because it's cheaper to port from PC to XBox than PS3.
- better online gamming. again, i don't understand this claim, as the free PS service seems great to me but that's what everyone says.

For me it broke down to 3 things:

- the only game that really matters is Skate, i don't really play anything else since it came out and this is basically a device that allows me to play skate and watch DVDs. By the time i get bored with skate (which will be a long time from now), i'm guessing the PS3 development community and tools will have matured and you'll see some interesting games available.
- all in one system with built-in blue ray gave me a 2 for 1 justification for the purchase which made it an easier sell to both me and my wife
- i'm partial to PS and have faith that they will have the exclusive titles that I actually care about in the future which will do things that XBox games just can't keep up with (because PS3 will be faster and able to support larger levels). i had my ps2 for 7 years so i'm not the type to change systems every other year based on game catelog changes. i would have hated not having a PS in the past when games like Grand Theft, mark of kri or god of war first came out, but I like really violent arcade style games, your preference may be more for sports games which I know nothing about. But for the types of games i enjoy, PS has always had better exclusives.
[close]

Good summary, but you seem unsure of LIVE.  As of now LIVE excels(over PSN) because of amount of features it boasts.  Things such as easy text/voice messaging, everyone having a mic, cross game invites, the ability to see what everyone on your friends list is doing/playing, more downloadable content+On demand movie/show content.  Another thing to add is the fact that all 360 games have achievements while PS3 games still lack an equivalent.  Oh, and one place PS3 online shines is in the fact that most games used dedicated servers and not P2P that 360 games use.  This means lag free games.  
     The community on LIVE can also be unbearable sometimes on account of every little fucking 13 year old redneck teaming up with their friends to utter every known racial slur and tell you 97 ways why you're a faggot and they're gonna fuck your mom.

ok thanks for clearing up the online thing. but what you said in the end kind of hit the nail on the head for me. if i play online, i prefer not to hear or talk to anyone else much less make friends on there. more just run around, get a few frags, get bored, play some more skate.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #371 on: October 31, 2007, 04:25:57 AM »

damn that was good. what's the trick to getting pop but not having to bend down for a long time? just flick it up harder?

colinator

• Rep: 3
« Reply #372 on: October 31, 2007, 05:56:37 AM »
xbox live ran out a few weeks ago so this and nba live have been all i've been playing.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #373 on: October 31, 2007, 05:57:50 AM »
Yea faster does it. I haven't played this for a couple days and I'm starting to get the shakes.

which makes your avatar a nice fit

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #374 on: October 31, 2007, 08:09:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I(actually my friend) found a really rare double set with gap to rail at the danny way mega ramp. its at the top with the wood ground, its real hard to get to
[close]

ive tried to get up there, but cant seem to ollie up the steps, how do you get up there?
[close]

it took me a long time, but i would just ollie and land sideways on the middle step, try to stop, 180 up a few more stairs and repeat.

Man, I spent like 30 minutes doing that last night and i've never been so dissapointed

viperXL

• Rep: 0
« Reply #375 on: October 31, 2007, 08:21:22 AM »
How do I get to the mega compund?

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #376 on: October 31, 2007, 08:54:19 AM »
is that right by that marble plaza from my clips? if so, yeah i sessioned it and could only get a kickflip. lot's of fun but hard as fuck.

colinator

• Rep: 3
« Reply #377 on: October 31, 2007, 09:17:54 AM »
You should try the 2K series if you haven't yet, dude.
i heard it's better, but i don't waste my money buying sports games because i just get tired after going through a couple years in dynasty, and thats' what my homie had so i just borrowed it from him. but yeah, i'll see if anybody has 2K because live was pretty later'd. the rosters weren't even right and there were a bunch of really stupid glitches that i found.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #378 on: October 31, 2007, 11:08:11 AM »
Yep, I was going full speed and when I finally landed it I was just inching along. The physics are so sick.

yeah, those are fun. i'll see if i can get something better there. tre seems rediculous, maybe bs flip.

tysj

• Rep: -2
    • yahtzee avatar image
« Reply #379 on: November 01, 2007, 02:37:36 AM »
I want it after all these videos but it all still looks kinda robotic and weird to me?!?!!?

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #380 on: November 01, 2007, 03:07:04 AM »
I want it after all these videos but it all still looks kinda robotic and weird to me?!?!!?

The videos look like that, but when you play it, you don't notice it at all.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #381 on: November 01, 2007, 04:15:43 AM »
Has anyone else tried the triple set next to Flushing Meadows? I goofed on it for a while and all I've been able to land is a kickflip.

got pop shuv, nollie pop shuv, back big spin, back side flip and then this: http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/32537/posts/544026.aspx
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 04:17:24 AM by Sleazy »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #382 on: November 01, 2007, 04:18:39 AM »
http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/33390/posts/545185.aspx

Taking a day off tomorrow and I'll be doing more of this I'm sure.

that was perfect, i need to check hubba out

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #383 on: November 01, 2007, 05:55:43 AM »
i tried playing this last night when i got home fucked out of my mind.. i ended up puking on the couch and falling off it.

Noseblunted

« Reply #384 on: November 01, 2007, 12:45:45 PM »
I never used my xbox before Skate came out, and after playing it for a couple weeks it stopped working. Fucker just freezes up like a minute after turning it on. Bummed.
http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/11043/posts/491527.aspx
http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/11043/posts/313732.aspx
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 12:48:08 PM by Noseblunted »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #385 on: November 01, 2007, 12:56:49 PM »
Expand Quote
got pop shuv, nollie pop shuv, back big spin, back side flip and then this: http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/32537/posts/544026.aspx
[close]

Damn, that was a proper shifty. Nice stuff.

i tried it both ways, rotating body and feet, but the feet way looks regular because the rotation happens after the catch

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #386 on: November 01, 2007, 12:59:50 PM »
I never used my xbox before Skate came out, and after playing it for a couple weeks it stopped working. Fucker just freezes up like a minute after turning it on. Bummed.
http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/11043/posts/491527.aspx
http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/11043/posts/313732.aspx

sounds like the infamous red ring of death

stagefright

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #387 on: November 01, 2007, 01:01:14 PM »
no it doesnt
we toked a marley and i split back to the park, minding my own busineess when a rollerblader mean mugs..i let it go.

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #388 on: November 01, 2007, 01:03:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn, that was a proper shifty. Nice stuff.
[close]

i tried it both ways, rotating body and feet, but the feet way looks regular because the rotation happens after the catch
you know you can shifty by just holding the right joystick left or right

Noseblunted

« Reply #389 on: November 01, 2007, 01:08:14 PM »
no it doesnt

Yeah, i don't get the red flashing ring, it just freezes up usually on the screen where you select which skater to load. It even freezes up without the game in it. I guess I'll fedex that ho back to microsoft.