Author Topic: EA Skate Demo  (Read 219923 times)

stagefright

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: EA Skate Demo
« Reply #330 on: October 27, 2007, 02:29:16 PM »
it is free but crazy bad, for how cheap xbox live is ps3 online is a joke. ps3 has more upside but by the time the 'good' games come out for it, it will have gone through another two or three price drops.if your gonna buy now go with xbox, even though i have neither
we toked a marley and i split back to the park, minding my own busineess when a rollerblader mean mugs..i let it go.

mbcls

• Rep: -3
« Reply #331 on: October 27, 2007, 02:53:53 PM »
i bought a 360 elite last week and i couldnt be happier. xbox is definitely where its at right now.

k-nutz

• Rep: 51
« Reply #332 on: October 27, 2007, 03:08:24 PM »

k-nutz

« Reply #333 on: October 27, 2007, 03:09:49 PM »
just get the 20 gig for $380.  you can upgrade the hd later if you need to, plus wireless is too laggy.

jesus0nvi4gra

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #334 on: October 27, 2007, 04:20:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i heard there's a 40 gig cheaper ps3 coming out....maybe i'll get one at xmas....
[close]

well that's another point where i'm still doubting,
ps3 or xbox360?
[close]

it depends on your needs and priority.

if you have HD tv the PS3 is good because it's got a really good blue ray player

xbox does have more games currently but PS3 has a better processor architecture (8 processors vs 3, will be faster real soon) and 50 gigs of space for each game compared to 4GBs on the XBox 360 (blue ray vs dvd format for games means bigger levels on PS3). so to me ps3 has more potential for better games in the future and it's a good applicance. it also has built in wi fi (wireless connect to your router easily), blue ray (for wireless keyboard and mouse for internet) and the online service for ps3 is free.

Not trying to be a dick, but I just gotta correct you on a few things (I'm a big gamer).  Blu-rays hold 25 gigs, and double-layered Blu-rays hold 50.  360's DVD's are DVD-9's so they're double layered and hold 9 Gigs.  The fact that the PS3 holds more doesn't necessarily mean bigger levels, as most big games are multiplatform and are held down by 360's limited space anyways.  Also when you said Blu-ray the 2nd time I believe you were referring to Bluetooth. 
      As for a general comparison of the 2 systems it depends what you want.  You're able to get the 360 cheaper at 350(the 280 model lacks a harddrive, which makes it a terrible value) but you have to pay 50 dollars for Live, it has no HD movie player built-in, and if you wanna connect to the internet wirelessly its an extra 100 dollars for the adapter.  It does have a much larger catalog of games (at this point) though, and Live currently blows PSN(Playstation's online service) outta the water.  Multiplatform games up to this point have almost all run better on 360 as they've all been being ported to PS3.  Playstation is however coming out with a competing online service in 2008 called HOME, which is basically a combination of Live and a High-Res Second Life, all for free.
      It basically comes down to what you find more important and which systems exclusive games you're more interested in.  If you're wanting a HD movie player, free online, and prefer the games on playstation then get a PS3.  If you don't give a fuck about HD movies, want the benefits of LIVE, and prefer the 360 exclusives, than get a 360.
      I've personally had them both, and can't say I prefer one to the other at moment, but I'm more looking forward to the Playstations 2008 games and HOME.

k-nutz

« Reply #335 on: October 27, 2007, 04:33:58 PM »

It basically comes down to what you find more important and which systems exclusive games you're more interested in.  If you're wanting a HD movie player, free online, and prefer the games on playstation then get a PS3.  If you don't give a fuck about HD movies, want the benefits of LIVE, and prefer the 360 exclusives, than get a 360.

i'd say, if you have an hdtv tv, get a ps3.  otherwise it would be like having a crippled system.

jesus0nvi4gra

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #336 on: October 27, 2007, 04:52:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i'd say, if you have an hdtv tv, get a ps3.  otherwise it would be like having a crippled system.

By saying having a crippled system, do you mean PS3 on an SD CRT is crippled?

k-nutz

« Reply #337 on: October 27, 2007, 07:36:52 PM »
yes

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #338 on: October 28, 2007, 02:45:49 AM »
now you guys got me confused again

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #339 on: October 28, 2007, 05:03:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i heard there's a 40 gig cheaper ps3 coming out....maybe i'll get one at xmas....
[close]

well that's another point where i'm still doubting,
ps3 or xbox360?
[close]

it depends on your needs and priority.

if you have HD tv the PS3 is good because it's got a really good blue ray player

xbox does have more games currently but PS3 has a better processor architecture (8 processors vs 3, will be faster real soon) and 50 gigs of space for each game compared to 4GBs on the XBox 360 (blue ray vs dvd format for games means bigger levels on PS3). so to me ps3 has more potential for better games in the future and it's a good applicance. it also has built in wi fi (wireless connect to your router easily), blue ray (for wireless keyboard and mouse for internet) and the online service for ps3 is free.
[close]

Not trying to be a dick, but I just gotta correct you on a few things (I'm a big gamer).  Blu-rays hold 25 gigs, and double-layered Blu-rays hold 50.  360's DVD's are DVD-9's so they're double layered and hold 9 Gigs.  The fact that the PS3 holds more doesn't necessarily mean bigger levels, as most big games are multiplatform and are held down by 360's limited space anyways.  Also when you said Blu-ray the 2nd time I believe you were referring to Bluetooth. 
      As for a general comparison of the 2 systems it depends what you want.  You're able to get the 360 cheaper at 350(the 280 model lacks a harddrive, which makes it a terrible value) but you have to pay 50 dollars for Live, it has no HD movie player built-in, and if you wanna connect to the internet wirelessly its an extra 100 dollars for the adapter.  It does have a much larger catalog of games (at this point) though, and Live currently blows PSN(Playstation's online service) outta the water.  Multiplatform games up to this point have almost all run better on 360 as they've all been being ported to PS3.  Playstation is however coming out with a competing online service in 2008 called HOME, which is basically a combination of Live and a High-Res Second Life, all for free.
      I've personally had them both, and can't say I prefer one to the other at moment, but I'm more looking forward to the Playstations 2008 games and HOME.

yeah, i knew i was getting some of the stats wrong but was just trying to give the general idea that PS3 has more extras and from a hardware point of view has more potential (albeit untapped at this point).

Also, I think the constraint your suggesting about multiplatform game levels not being bigger on PS3 is not necessarily going to hold true, especially for PC ports. The reason I feel that way is because XBox uses the same processor architecture as PC's so ports are fairly trivial because the assembly language is the same. PS3 on the other hand has a far more complex and advanced architecture which requires different assembly language. This means that porting to the PS3 means a rewrite. It's possible someone could write a converter but this would be unlikely as it would be very difficult to convert in a way that would be fast automatically. The converter would have to be able to determine which code was appropriate for the various types of processors in the PS3 and that seems unlikely too me. Anyway, because ports on the PS3 are essentially rewrites, I can't help but think that game developers wouldn't start adding extras to the PS3 games during the port process and bigger levels seems like a real easy target as the level designers could likely work in parrellel to the developers as level design is something could be represented in a platform independent way or easily converted to one. It seems to me like this would offer higher return on investment potential as features are everything in software marketing and I wouldn't be suprised if sony started encouraging this from the game companies at some point in one way or another.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #340 on: October 28, 2007, 05:25:37 AM »
now you guys got me confused again

Here's a break down of the pro's and con's of each and for each i've given what reason was for me caring or not caring about each. Either system is fine, honestly, but just sharing my preference.

PS3
- cheaper as an entertainment system due too built in wireless, bluetooth and blue ray. you can upgrade xbox to have these extras but it ends up being more expensive and means more cords. but if you have an HD TV the blue ray player is really nice and makes the device easier to sell to your girl\wife as a 2 for 1 appliance as blueray dvd players cost 500.
- the hardware is more modern and packs more power. the processor is the same architecture that intell is planning to move too in 2015 (or somewhere around there) and the blue ray format is newer than the DVD format used by XBox and provides well over double the space. this is not something that is currently being maximized but it will be.
- online services are free. i've used them and i have no complaints. i've played resistance and warhawk online and there are always plenty of games to join, so i'm not sure why people are saying the xbox one is so much better. other than having other people to game with and a fast connection, i'm not sure what makes a good online gaming experience but PS delivers in both areas.

XBox
- more games and the games that are available on both systems look better on XBox currently (although that is likely to change before long when the archtecture of the PS is maximized). XBox will always get more PC ports than PS3 though, just because it's cheaper to port from PC to XBox than PS3.
- better online gamming. again, i don't understand this claim, as the free PS service seems great to me but that's what everyone says.

For me it broke down to 3 things:

- the only game that really matters is Skate, i don't really play anything else since it came out and this is basically a device that allows me to play skate and watch DVDs. By the time i get bored with skate (which will be a long time from now), i'm guessing the PS3 development community and tools will have matured and you'll see some interesting games available.
- all in one system with built-in blue ray gave me a 2 for 1 justification for the purchase which made it an easier sell to both me and my wife
- i'm partial to PS and have faith that they will have the exclusive titles that I actually care about in the future which will do things that XBox games just can't keep up with (because PS3 will be faster and able to support larger levels). i had my ps2 for 7 years so i'm not the type to change systems every other year based on game catelog changes. i would have hated not having a PS in the past when games like Grand Theft, mark of kri or god of war first came out, but I like really violent arcade style games, your preference may be more for sports games which I know nothing about. But for the types of games i enjoy, PS has always had better exclusives.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2007, 05:30:18 AM by Sleazy »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1610
« Reply #341 on: October 28, 2007, 08:26:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
You can't play your PS2 games on that one though, apparently.
[close]

wow that would fucking suck

I really miss my ps1......

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • breathmint please
« Reply #342 on: October 30, 2007, 11:04:38 AM »
yo i got the skeleton
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"
Quote from: Matze
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #343 on: October 30, 2007, 11:10:09 AM »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #344 on: October 30, 2007, 11:18:16 AM »
since i've found that spot it's all i really mess with. so much shit to try there

Knockout Ned

• Rep: 27
« Reply #345 on: October 30, 2007, 11:42:17 AM »
Im partial to those white ledges/table things inside the art gallery.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #346 on: October 30, 2007, 11:57:40 AM »
I(actually my friend) found a really rare double set with gap to rail at the danny way mega ramp. its at the top with the wood ground, its real hard to get to

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • breathmint please
« Reply #347 on: October 30, 2007, 12:01:52 PM »
Ha ha! Did you actually sit around making an effort to break yourself off or did it just happen eventually?

a couple of seshes at dannys ramp while in career mode easily leads to dem bonez by mistake. taking pics of the skeleton doing methods over the biggest things is dabombshit, i just wish i could upload them
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

Comparison Ford

• Rep: 16
  • That's Handsome Pete, he dances for nickels.
    • DSOTE avatar image
« Reply #348 on: October 30, 2007, 01:07:01 PM »
wheres hubba at?

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #349 on: October 30, 2007, 01:29:51 PM »
wheres hubba at?

Start at the parking garage, and look around it. It's right next to it, just look for somewhere to get up, shouldn't be too hard.

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #350 on: October 30, 2007, 01:35:15 PM »
i've been dropping in on the mega ramp and assuming coffin position and launching over it, and trying backflisp in coffin position as well. i laughed my ass of trying them, i was high as shit.

Meatwad

• Rep: 7
« Reply #351 on: October 30, 2007, 03:04:15 PM »
Where is Emb?
"'Slap' not only do we run things in the industry, we fucking kill people"

bothersome

« Reply #352 on: October 30, 2007, 05:05:01 PM »
its right next to the parkade.

Joshewuhh

« Reply #353 on: October 30, 2007, 07:14:38 PM »
I really need to upgrade from my PS2 to either a PS3 or Xbox 360.
Probally the PS3... i hear too much about the red lights of death on the 360.

Peter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 181
« Reply #354 on: October 30, 2007, 07:15:51 PM »
i've been playing skate non-stop for the last 3 weeks. i havent had the whole red light thing. apparently it was just with some of the first models.

to play it safe, i got a two year warranty though. just incase.

cat

« Reply #355 on: October 30, 2007, 07:19:08 PM »
I(actually my friend) found a really rare double set with gap to rail at the danny way mega ramp. its at the top with the wood ground, its real hard to get to

ive tried to get up there, but cant seem to ollie up the steps, how do you get up there?

Peter

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #356 on: October 30, 2007, 07:46:58 PM »
if its the one im thinking about, just try to ollie up the stairs to the side.
when you fall your body should land up on the top, and thats where you'll restart.

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • breathmint please
« Reply #357 on: October 30, 2007, 07:50:26 PM »
i've been dropping in on the mega ramp and assuming coffin position and launching over it, and trying backflisp in coffin position as well. i laughed my ass of trying them, i was high as shit.

my friend got the best photo last night of dr. skully doing a coffin backflip on dannys megaramp but hes upside down hovering just about to make a sandwich between the ramp and the board

Room Guy

• Rep: 1
  • get gnaughty
« Reply #358 on: October 30, 2007, 07:54:16 PM »
jason dills song is so epic. its like the second coming every time i hear it

Peter

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #359 on: October 30, 2007, 08:16:29 PM »
I decided to throw all my clips together.

It's kinda dark, sorry about that.