Author Topic: Epicly laterd Chandler Burton  (Read 7413 times)

RoaryMcTwang

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 445
Re: Epicly laterd Chandler Burton
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2024, 04:06:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Before There was created, I saw Chandler and a bunch of the team skate Pier 7. I can confirm he has dolphin flips on lock.
[close]

I hate to venture into circus skate trick YouTube, but has anyone done a dolphin flip nollie or fakie?
[close]

Ive seen ben kadow do one on instagram. looked insane, and he made it look good

Huyn Kummer did a fakie one down a big gap a while ago

fried

• Rep: 54
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2024, 09:23:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
im sorry but i truthfully do not think he’s had long enough of a career to warrant an EL. with that said, i’ll watch and see if it changes my mind
[close]

Epically Laterd isn’t meant to be the Hall of Fame introductory video.   This is what it should be for
[close]
well aware of its purpose, but there’s many more people who should have one before chandler. but then again never cared for his skating
[close]

Just out of curiousity: who?
[close]

Nik Stain
Max Palmer
Sean Pablo
Kevin Bradley
Sage Elsesser
Bobby De Keyzer
Jake Johnson
Kevin Rodrigues
Diego Todd
Aidan Mackey
Chris Milic
Nelly Morville
[close]

Sean Pablo?   Username checks out

Isn’t he one of the more influential pros of the last decade? Any of the kids from cherry really. I feel like there is a pretty good story there.

CarcassToss

• Rep: 31
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2024, 10:11:44 AM »
Patrick explains his decision in the intro to the episode. Max just had a Pocket Followed, which is pretty similar or enough that I'm fine with them choosing a less known skater that brings a different story and perspective to the table.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 173
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2024, 10:19:09 AM »
Echoing the sentiment it could have been longer!

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2024, 12:35:48 PM »
Chandler asking chris cole to be on there is so funny

"its poaching season bitch" lol

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -460
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2024, 12:46:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Before There was created, I saw Chandler and a bunch of the team skate Pier 7. I can confirm he has dolphin flips on lock.
[close]

I hate to venture into circus skate trick YouTube, but has anyone done a dolphin flip nollie or fakie?
[close]

Ive seen ben kadow do one on instagram. looked insane, and he made it look good
[close]

Huyn Kummer did a fakie one down a big gap a while ago
Dan Heassler in tactical manual I believe. 180 onto a platform fakie forward/dolphin off

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Troubadour26

• Rep: 91
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2024, 12:47:33 PM »
I always sort of felt that “there” came from a play on “they/them/their” but it never made sense why “there” would be chosen over “their”. I’m kind of glad that they didn’t get to the bottom of it. Maybe it’s a statement on titles being meaningless. The graphics are great and I think it’s really cool that Deluxe distributes them. Still haven’t had one yet.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1181
  • old and in the way
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2024, 05:09:31 PM »
What a dope EL episode. My only complaint is that I wish it had been 5-10 minutes longer so that they could’ve gone into more detail about There. Fingers crossed for a Marbie episode down the road.
Titus Cvnt <3

Dad Board

• Rep: 86
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2024, 05:30:40 PM »
I always sort of felt that “there” came from a play on “they/them/their” but it never made sense why “there” would be chosen over “their”. I’m kind of glad that they didn’t get to the bottom of it. Maybe it’s a statement on titles being meaningless. The graphics are great and I think it’s really cool that Deluxe distributes them. Still haven’t had one yet.

Maybe it’s like, they’re there whether or not you approve? “Here” would have made more sense if that’s the case but we also have companies named frog, pizza & hockey so who fuckin knows.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2024, 05:55:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Maybe it’s like, they’re there whether or not you approve? “Here” would have made more sense if that’s the case but we also have companies named frog, pizza & hockey so who fuckin knows.

I think it could be a play on they/them/their as well as a self othering sentiment that comes from being cast out in a way. Like y’all are over here doing your thing, and we are over there, away from you and your conventions. Just a thought, idk for sure obviously. Great episode nonetheless!

europa1991

• Rep: 59
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2024, 08:49:42 PM »
If you really have to wonder why he got an episode.. then I suggest you hit that rewind button to where Chandler says that maybe if he had seen that there were queer skaters being true to themselves when he was younger, he wouldn’t have struggled with his identity and maybe even his addictions as well.. I don’t know, sounds more deserving than “Remember my Nike shoe?”

fried

• Rep: 54
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2024, 09:33:58 PM »
Patrick explains his decision in the intro to the episode. Max just had a Pocket Followed, which is pretty similar or enough that I'm fine with them choosing a less known skater that brings a different story and perspective to the table.

Yeah the episode is cool not against it at all, theres just bunch of people I would've expected to see before this.

nollieboulala

• Rep: 6
  • fuckin wheel fell off
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2024, 09:49:34 PM »
Stoked on this one. Met chandler at slow impact this year and he was the sickest, super nice and real genuine. Absolutely rips too.

lurkluke

• Rep: 190
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2024, 11:19:02 PM »
I really like his skating. My buddy just bought a Chandler There deck and had never seen his skating, was just a fan of the artist. I sent him his last part and he was super stoked on it, and to be riding his board.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1261
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2024, 02:45:26 AM »
If you really have to wonder why he got an episode.. then I suggest you hit that rewind button to where Chandler says that maybe if he had seen that there were queer skaters being true to themselves when he was younger, he wouldn’t have struggled with his identity and maybe even his addictions as well.. I don’t know, sounds more deserving than “Remember my Nike shoe?”
identity crisis or nike shoe. im sorry but i see which one holds more weight in the realm of professional skateboarding

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2024, 04:15:08 AM »
Chandler is awesome! Doing Death Drops (that's the move, where he collapses - voguing is a style of dance, where you go from pose to pose to pose... and including a death drop in your voguing usually results in a lot acknowledging woo-hoos, whenever I've been to burlesque/drag/whatever-else-type-of-night-that-might-involve-voguing) and some of the greatest bs flips found these days is a direct route to my heart <3 Love that EL focuses a bit more on the underground side of skateboarding again.

kelbywest

• Rep: 0
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2024, 04:17:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
identity crisis or nike shoe. im sorry but i see which one holds more weight in the realm of professional skateboarding

"Identity crisis"? Yikes, man.

djoekr

• Rep: 316
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2024, 04:59:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Versacekid just got banned for this garbage-tier take?
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 250
  • often correct
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2024, 05:12:28 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
rest in piss bozo you wont be missed but your trash takes and your blunt stall on a curb will always be remembered

Shtonk

• Rep: -435
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2024, 05:48:51 AM »
Still haven't watched the episode but from following Chandler it's pretty clear that calling what he's gone through an "identity crisis" should be bannable, unless Nollie Tre dumbfuck took it further and that's been deleted? Anyway, don't y'all "more deserving candidates" parrots at some point notice that you always do this when it's about some kind of minority person? I mean I love Ryan Lay but by what skate industry standard is he more deserving of an EL than Tyshawn or whoever? At least be fucking honest about your queerphobic moron agendas. Fuck off to the Tim Pool compound.

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 272
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2024, 07:58:55 AM »
rip vk420

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2024, 08:07:06 AM »
Re: death drop // moving on from idiot

Always thought the name referred to the terrifying act, but then I realized that the way people land in the move is how it looks when someone falls to their death on a tv show (one leg bent ever so awkwardly back)

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 112
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2024, 09:29:57 AM »
EL can put on whoever they find to have the more interesting story to tell, and chandler's story is way more interesting then a variation of: "got a board when i was a kid, skated every day, found friends, found a shoe sponsor, got a pro model, now im financially independent."

I like that EL is moving on from just doing legacy guys, modern skateboarding has way more guys who are currently killing it and have more interesting stories that cover topics and angles of skateboarding that havnt been retread 100 times

OwlGreen

• Rep: -128
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2024, 09:35:22 AM »
"There" is a reference to Gertrud Stein's quote about Oakland, where she grew up.

"There is no there, there." G. Stein

Scarecrow Radio

• Rep: 31
  • we are the music makers
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2024, 09:45:25 AM »
Oh thank heavens that little turd got banned I have a no-ignore policy and I was getting really sick of him

vinithebr

• Rep: -19
« Reply #55 on: May 06, 2024, 09:48:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Versacekid just got banned for this garbage-tier take?

should've happened for that hydrant tre crowdfund

guydog

• Rep: 9
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2024, 10:58:50 AM »
Great watch.

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2024, 11:52:17 AM »
This was excellent, I've always been a fan and love the power of his skating, bald BA vibes.

The struggle is real...
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2024, 11:56:11 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I had a little chuckle at that part...just reminded me of how Darrel Stanton would do them all the time too

ejazzle

• Rep: 82
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2024, 12:07:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Woah. finally get to hit vk with a RIPBOZO. What a shitty thing to say.