Author Topic: football anyone? as in soccer...  (Read 468109 times)

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
Re: football anyone? as in soccer...
« Reply #5490 on: May 23, 2024, 08:31:23 PM »

In other German news, Hansi Flick to Barcelona!

Not familiar with German stuff but is the guy good?
Barca has been putting me through the ringer and my Real Madrid friends have got me tired lol
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #5491 on: May 23, 2024, 08:44:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Barca has been putting me through the ringer and my Real Madrid friends have got me tired lol

It’s not official - it’s kinda based on whether Xavi actually leaves

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 590
« Reply #5492 on: May 24, 2024, 08:11:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It’s not official - it’s kinda based on whether Xavi actually leaves

Just saw the post. Xavi is leaving.
I feel bad for the guy. Loved the era of Barca when he played and I feel like it maybe was just the wrong time. Maybe it was too soon or the financial situation.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

whale

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #5493 on: May 24, 2024, 12:34:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Won the sextuple with Bayern during covid but failed with German national team.
Make of that what you will.

In other managerial news, fare thee well ETH.
It truly was fun while it lasted.

Pastasash

• Rep: 78
« Reply #5494 on: Today at 10:28:42 AM »
Man Utd FA glory! LFG ETH IN, stick with the process and see the results like today. What a great way to end this horrible season.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 167
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5495 on: Today at 05:56:27 PM »
Why the fuck haven't these guys played like this all season!?!? Some of them have been injured, but this is by far the best defensive match they've had. Watching Pep stress drink water was pretty hilarious.

The only real problem I have with ETH is that when things go sideways, you like to the sidelines and he just looks like he has no idea how to course correct. I don't know if sacking him is the right move, but I do hope that Ratcliffe is the right person to start turning things around. I think he will be, since he is not only financially invested in the club, but emotionally as well.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #5496 on: Today at 06:31:30 PM »
Why the fuck haven't these guys played like this all season!?!? Some of them have been injured, but this is by far the best defensive match they've had. Watching Pep stress drink water was pretty hilarious.

The only real problem I have with ETH is that when things go sideways, you like to the sidelines and he just looks like he has no idea how to course correct. I don't know if sacking him is the right move, but I do hope that Ratcliffe is the right person to start turning things around. I think he will be, since he is not only financially invested in the club, but emotionally as well.

From a nemesis’s perspective : ETH strikes me as having a Brendan Rogers style ego.   I think he thinks he’s a genius and a brilliant man manager but he seems long on excuses and scapegoating players for any missteps.   Ronaldo he was right about, but not with Sancho.   

That said, I wouldn’t get rid of him.   Too many vacancies that I don’t necessarily think there’s anyone that is significant enough of an upgrade.