Author Topic: Wheels Thread  (Read 797520 times)

yourbreakfsat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Wheels Thread
« Reply #2850 on: April 09, 2020, 07:28:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So...I'm stilling having issues with bearings slipping out of my 50mm bones stf v3s. does anybody have a solution for this?
[close]
Did you get the right size bearings?
[close]

Super Swiss 6 🤙🏼. Degreased the outside of the bearings and the bearing seats of the wheels, but it still wouldn’t fix the issue.

Use spacers and washers and crank your axle nut down all the way.

Davethedavedave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -101
« Reply #2851 on: April 09, 2020, 07:52:57 PM »
Spitfire og classics with cutaway shape. Don't slide as well as f4 but have a ride that i would describe as creamy

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #2852 on: April 09, 2020, 08:28:34 PM »
Spitfire og classics with cutaway shape. Don't slide as well as f4 but have a ride that i would describe as creamy
want these. What size? I haven’t found width and riding surface dimensions for the OG classics like they have for the formula four. They’re basically a conical full?

Davethedavedave

• Rep: -101
« Reply #2853 on: April 09, 2020, 09:46:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
want these. What size? I haven’t found width and riding surface dimensions for the OG classics like they have for the formula four. They’re basically a conical full?
i skate 52s, they are similar but a tiny bit more narrow i believe

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2854 on: April 10, 2020, 04:46:32 PM »
Thinking about putting together a Pandemic setup aka curb setup. I'm already set with an Heroin curb crusher.
I'm not sure about the wheels tho.
It would be better some F4 99 56mm classics, some Miller SPF 56mm or something soft like this?
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

KindaBoard

• Rep: 5
« Reply #2855 on: April 10, 2020, 07:56:00 PM »
Thinking about putting together a Pandemic setup aka curb setup. I'm already set with an Heroin curb crusher.
It would be better some F4 99 56mm classics, some Miller SPF 56mm or something soft like this?

I'd recommend against Rough Riders for a slappy set up. I have them and they are great wheels to ride through weird terrain (put them through crusty New England roads, dirt pump tracks, grass, etc.) but feel grippy when you go to lock into a curb. They are do-able but something like a Spitfire Radial or Conical has an edge to help lock in with and won't try to grip the curb. Plus wheel biting the Rough Riders sucks, the bite is much more of a grip since the wheels are so soft.

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
« Reply #2856 on: April 10, 2020, 08:10:14 PM »
People that slappy with soft wheels scare me.

Spitfire F4 or Bones STF works wonders with curbs with Bones STF being the better out of the two IMO

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #2857 on: April 10, 2020, 09:08:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They are more like a wider tablet shape. Killer wheels. Slower, grippier and less durable than F4s but if you want a bit more grip, they are highly recommended. Feel good on the rough surface roll also.

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #2858 on: April 10, 2020, 11:38:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

They are more like a wider tablet shape. Killer wheels. Slower, grippier and less durable than F4s but if you want a bit more grip, they are highly recommended. Feel good on the rough surface roll also.
SFW's are the same shape as conical fulls. I'd guess OG's are the same as regular conicals.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #2859 on: April 11, 2020, 09:11:13 AM »

Skip the super soft wheels.  They get chunky and grip in odd ways while grinding.

Skip the SPF.  STF are a better choice.

F4 99s are good.  I have some 56 classics that I was using for my slappy setup, but have been liking the STF V5 shape better - similar to the F4 conical.

If I were buying new wheels for it I would probably go with the softer 99a STF in a V5.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2860 on: April 11, 2020, 09:35:59 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Skip the super soft wheels.  They get chunky and grip in odd ways while grinding.

F4 99s are good.  I have some 56 classics that I was using for my slappy setup, but have been liking the STF V5 shape better - similar to the F4 conical.

If I were buying new wheels for it I would probably go with the softer 99a STF in a V5.
I'm curious about those for a while but threaded wheels bother me so much. I know is pretty silly.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

YungJugg

• Rep: 229
« Reply #2861 on: April 11, 2020, 11:11:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
I'm curious about those for a while but threaded wheels bother me so much. I know is pretty silly.

Skate some crust for a week and boom - threads gone.

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #2862 on: April 11, 2020, 02:51:45 PM »
just ordered these, and a set of 60mm super juices too

🤙

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #2863 on: April 11, 2020, 03:17:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Skate some crust for a week and boom - threads gone.
I don't have crusty spots so took forever with Classics, think they're the 2.0 formula. Actually had to do tons of powerslides to get rid of the treads. Like ending seshs with 30m of slashdawgin.
Bones wheels with treads is interesting though. In factory tour vids they talk about using better molds so they don't have to machine/lathe wheels to size and make the riding surface concentric with the bearing core. Treads means a crappier mold. Also let's them use the same mold for different sizes. Spitfire does this too. Since the F1 era? We're their cored wheels called afterburners? Idr.

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2864 on: April 12, 2020, 02:33:49 AM »
Anyone had Slime Balls 78a? How is the Formula? I need new cruiser wheels soon and Santa Cruz would have the coolest colorways that I can get locally.  ;D

Uncle Poseur

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2865 on: April 12, 2020, 04:54:06 AM »
Anyone had Slime Balls 78a? How is the Formula? I need new cruiser wheels soon and Santa Cruz would have the coolest colorways that I can get locally.  ;D

Slime Balls are great for cruising. I had the 60mm. They're wide, but not too wide and really smooth and grippy. The only possible downside is, they have a really big contact patch, which is great for control, but make them impossible to slide.

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #2866 on: April 12, 2020, 05:12:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Slime Balls are great for cruising. I had the 60mm. They're wide, but not too wide and really smooth and grippy. The only possible downside is, they have a really big contact patch, which is great for control, but make them impossible to slide.

Thanx, exactly what I wanted to hear! I prefer the cruiser wheels to be wide and smooth, I don't expect them to slide anyway.

Uncle Poseur

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2867 on: April 12, 2020, 06:33:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanx, exactly what I wanted to hear! I prefer the cruiser wheels to be wide and smooth, I don't expect them to slide anyway.

Take a look at the Ricta Clouds too. I got a set after I couldn't find Slime Balls in 60mm. I like the clouds just as well.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 833
« Reply #2868 on: April 14, 2020, 10:46:38 AM »
I know this isn't a wildly popular wheel, but has anyone tried the new 95a mini logo hybrids? I had the 90a and they were a really good cruiser but a little too bouncy-ball. I thought they'd be a really good wheel if they were just a little bit harder. The 101a are ok but they're sort of plastic feeling and aren't super comfortable on rough streets, so 95a seems like it might be a sweet spot between the two and I like the A cut shape.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2869 on: April 14, 2020, 12:54:23 PM »
For a rough street: STF 99 or F4 99?
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2870 on: April 14, 2020, 01:25:02 PM »

STF 99s are easier on the feet than the F4 99s on shitty terrain for sure. They are stickier but if you are not sliding on shit terrain you should be fine.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2871 on: April 14, 2020, 01:43:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

STF 99s are easier on the feet than the F4 99s on shitty terrain for sure. They are stickier but if you are not sliding on shit terrain you should be fine.
That's exactly what I thought, found a little flat where I live so I'm pretty stoked:

Just need a broom
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1016
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #2872 on: April 14, 2020, 07:24:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
That's exactly what I thought, found a little flat where I live so I'm pretty stoked:

Just need a broom

Is that your Covid-19 spot? =D

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2873 on: April 14, 2020, 08:19:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Just need a broom
[close]

Exactly. I live in the middle of a forest, no WiFi or TV cable, near an active volcano. I'm lucky to have a nice little cozy park in town just 5 min away by car but I need sth to keep me insolated and nearby home.
I'll give it a try tomorrow maybe.
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2874 on: April 14, 2020, 08:28:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Just need a broom
[close]

[close]
Exactly. I live in the middle of a forest, no WiFi or TV cable, near an active volcano. I'm lucky to have a nice little cozy park in town just 5 min away by car but I need sth to keep me insolated and nearby home.

Sounds heavenly, build yourself a rail and box, baby you have a perfect spot going.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

weon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #2875 on: April 14, 2020, 11:17:43 PM »
wait did I miss when Easy Streets got renamed STF 99a? Or are they different formulas altogether?
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #2876 on: April 14, 2020, 11:49:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Just need a broom
[close]

[close]
[close]

Sounds heavenly, build yourself a rail and box, baby you have a perfect spot going.
Or get some ’crete and start building your dream DIY park.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #2877 on: April 15, 2020, 07:06:44 AM »
wait did I miss when Easy Streets got renamed STF 99a? Or are they different formulas altogether?
I would say yes, anybody care to confirm?
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #2878 on: April 15, 2020, 10:08:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Just need a broom

Was going to say you could hit that gap too but it looks just a little too mellow and long to be any fun. If you can get away with it, a lowish rail in that dirt between the road and your spot would be a ton of fun to skate down.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2879 on: April 15, 2020, 11:09:14 AM »
They switched after their second season or something. The also changed the way more accurate 83b on the original stf to 103a, stf=a scale, spf=b scale.