Author Topic: Modus Bearings  (Read 7981 times)

burner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 94
Re: Modus Bearings
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2022, 09:02:26 PM »
I like modus they may not be the fastest but the last, and wear wellat a good price point and they're Aussie so yeah.

Yeah, I’ve heard that, don’t know anything about it though - dyk what’s the history? The bearings are made in China (like most except Bones Swiss and SKF), and seems they ship from their main site from the US (of course it’s available shops worldwide), and they’ve got a stacked team like GT, Cyrus, Tom Knox, Rowan, a bunch of top Aussies, even Ben Nordberg! Anyways, anyone know what’s the Aussie connection, history?

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2022, 09:12:22 PM »
Expand Quote
I like modus they may not be the fastest but the last, and wear wellat a good price point and they're Aussie so yeah.
[close]

Yeah, I’ve heard that, don’t know anything about it though - dyk what’s the history? The bearings are made in China (like most except Bones Swiss and SKF), and seems they ship from their main site from the US (of course it’s available shops worldwide), and they’ve got a stacked team like GT, Cyrus, Tom Knox, Rowan, a bunch of top Aussies, even Ben Nordberg! Anyways, anyone know what’s the Aussie connection, history?
I think it started in 2002-3 by Brett margaritas in Perth western aus. Was a mostly Aus brand for the first few years from same place as 4 skateboards. I think gt is probably just still on because he's been on since like 06 or something. I think they were mostly marketed as a rival for bones as far as another quality bearing company which there weren't many of at the time.

LewFarrell

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2022, 09:19:01 PM »
My own anecdotal evidence - I have had a pair of the Ti's kicking around for close to 3 years and they feel faster than reds. I would buy them on sale for sure.

burner

• Rep: 94
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2022, 09:35:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I think it started in 2002-3 by Brett margaritas in Perth western aus. Was a mostly Aus brand for the first few years from same place as 4 skateboards. I think gt is probably just still on because he's been on since like 06 or something. I think they were mostly marketed as a rival for bones as far as another quality bearing company which there weren't many of at the time.

Cool, thanks for the info. Yeah seams like good price for good product.