Author Topic: Battle at the Berrics 6  (Read 174117 times)

WeirdBeach

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
Re: Battle at the Berrics 6
« Reply #300 on: February 09, 2013, 11:40:21 AM »
Forgive me if this is known, but I am pretty sure the skaters are being paid to participate in BATB.  I think many of them are just showing up, getting their appearance checks, blowing off the game, and getting the fuck out.  Just an observation.   
Are they really paid? Makes sense I can't see someone like Austyn Gilette voluntarily participating in this.

witty pseudonym

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #301 on: February 09, 2013, 11:44:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Forgive me if this is known, but I am pretty sure the skaters are being paid to participate in BATB.  I think many of them are just showing up, getting their appearance checks, blowing off the game, and getting the fuck out.  Just an observation.    
[close]
Are they really paid? Makes sense I can't see someone like Austyn Gilette voluntarily participating in this.

I have no evidence other than the fact that DC is sponsoring it and that many of the participating skaters seem hesitant to win.  But it seems plausible.  Same thing happened with Street League.      
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:26:57 PM by witty pseudonym »

Jackburton

« Reply #302 on: February 09, 2013, 01:49:07 PM »
Yeah this kinda sucks now.  Nobody really cares... at all.  I think they should have the three runner ups get a trip or a cruise or something.  And throw in a couple bonuses for the first and second place.  I dunno just something to get people excited.  I guess the prestige has worn off by now and they have to make a gimmick, which is not working at all.  A simple paycheck is not really motivating either.  They should get some strippers and take the winner for night out drinking or doing whatever.  This one was really doomed from the start though.  They need to inject some fucking emotion and fucking balls into the atmosphere.  They should have gotten some good sponsors done a little promotion, but not overhype it and throw in some sick prizes.  Get some of little wayne's strippers in there and make this thing fun again.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #303 on: February 09, 2013, 03:57:08 PM »
wow the only reason I'm remembering to watch these is because this thread pops up every weekend.

Binomial Nomenclature

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #304 on: February 09, 2013, 04:14:46 PM »
I think skateboarding in general is moving beyond caring about freestyle... I mean flatground.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #305 on: February 09, 2013, 07:55:25 PM »
Looks like J-Lay needs to cut back on meatloaf.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #306 on: February 09, 2013, 08:18:14 PM »
he's been on the chubby side for a long time now. it's sick to have dudes like him and andrew allen in skateboarding. there's a lot of bigger dudes out there that skate tranny but, those two skate everything.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #307 on: February 09, 2013, 09:09:38 PM »
wow the only reason I'm remembering to watch these is because this thread pops up every weekend.
Ahah same here. I forget it's even going on until I see this thread with new replies in it.
I remember how excited I used to be for BATB 1 and 2, but it seems like the novelty value of it all has burned out.

scorpion1001

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • All Hail Carroll
« Reply #308 on: February 09, 2013, 09:09:53 PM »
Yeah this kinda sucks now.  Nobody really cares... at all.  I think they should have the three runner ups get a trip or a cruise or something.  And throw in a couple bonuses for the first and second place.  I dunno just something to get people excited.  I guess the prestige has worn off by now and they have to make a gimmick, which is not working at all.  A simple paycheck is not really motivating either.  They should get some strippers and take the winner for night out drinking or doing whatever.  This one was really doomed from the start though.  They need to inject some fucking emotion and fucking balls into the atmosphere.  They should have gotten some good sponsors done a little promotion, but not overhype it and throw in some sick prizes.  Get some of little wayne's strippers in there and make this thing fun again.
doesnt the winner get ten grand?

Jackburton

« Reply #309 on: February 09, 2013, 10:15:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
doesnt the winner get ten grand?

Yeah but that aint working.  Also, I meant taking out the winner of each game.  And then have a cash prize with bonuses, such as prepaid trip to a resort  or some thing along those lines for the top three.

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 14
« Reply #310 on: February 09, 2013, 10:16:43 PM »
looks like temps has got him on an all carb diet.

dumptruck12

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: -104
« Reply #311 on: February 10, 2013, 08:59:56 AM »
Well Prod won, no surprise there. Can we please get rid of the riders who have played before and just use new guys for Christ sakes, we all know what Chris Cole, prod, etc. can do, Id rather see cromer or mike Anderson in it and take it

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #312 on: February 10, 2013, 09:02:29 AM »
Expand Quote
The only way these games will get more interesting is by getting rid of those stupid ass rules!

Would be cool to see some wacky no-comply variations instead of those generic flips all the time....
[close]

Word. I was thinking oh shit Johnny Layton can win with those no comply tres. But alas he can't plant those feet.

Fakie Boneless. Plus, think of the shit the Berrics would come up with for names of the tricks...

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #313 on: February 10, 2013, 09:09:44 AM »
These games suck. I hope the Busenitz/Koston game is actually taken seriously.

6 pac

• Rep: -5
« Reply #314 on: February 10, 2013, 09:23:06 AM »
fuckin waste of time only good game was wes vs ishod

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -78
« Reply #315 on: February 10, 2013, 10:07:43 AM »
it is like: one minute: reading the rules; one minute: game; two minutes: "what happened out there?"

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #316 on: February 10, 2013, 10:14:39 AM »
how do you make a 5 min video  of a game of skate that lasted 1min? And why would you invite some dude who sucked in the last one, and clearly can't skate flat that great, when theres so many other people out there? It's just hurting their image.

That cory kennedy post game interview is still the best thing in this batb

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -78
« Reply #317 on: February 10, 2013, 10:47:19 AM »
And why would you invite some dude who sucked in the last one, and clearly can't skate flat that great, when theres so many other people out there?

because: I am mikemo and this is ttheeeeee mikemo .... ahahahahah.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65239
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #318 on: February 10, 2013, 11:09:03 AM »
This was the worst BATB weekend in history.

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #319 on: February 10, 2013, 11:27:44 AM »
WHY THE HELL DID THEY BRING MATT MILLER BACK? jesus the only two games that went well are ishod/wes and cole/keelan, and thats outa six games i think. imagine if it was luan vs prod. prod's head would explode. they shulda put luan, colden, and guy mariano in this shit

they need to sit back and think about the people they are grouping together and make sure based off their skill, that theyre somewhat evenly matched on flatground.

j rogers vs oneill is going to be hilarious. morgan vs koston/busenitz is gonna be a solid game for sure. and im excited to see trent mcclung cuz that dudes got some crazy technique. nick tucker and torey is going to be rad too. i will feel terrible if sewa beats wes. id love for wes to win it
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 11:32:23 AM by needlejuice »
try to remember, forget

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #320 on: February 10, 2013, 11:33:37 AM »
all games till now have been a bit boring, this last 2 with J-Lay being the most boring and P-Rod ( just because he is too damn good , lol ).

I am really curious to see the J. Casanova one.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

annoyedwithskating

« Reply #321 on: February 10, 2013, 11:58:24 AM »
god damn, these games are pathetic, how the hell are guys missing switch flips and frontside flips? seems like they would only invite people who are known for being good at games of skate, not faggy little mommas boys who buckle under the pressure. speaking of which, what pressure is there? are they worried that they wont get that target hook up? is monster going to cut their supply of shit hats and scum juice? damn, fuck this shit.

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #322 on: February 10, 2013, 12:07:46 PM »
god damn, these games are pathetic, how the hell are guys missing switch flips and frontside flips? seems like they would only invite people who are known for being good at games of skate, not faggy little mommas boys who buckle under the pressure. speaking of which, what pressure is there? are they worried that they wont get that target hook up? is monster going to cut their supply of shit hats and scum juice? damn, fuck this shit.

Yea never really understood that pressure thing, I mean most of the people there are their friends, and what is there to really lose? You'd think that a pro would be pretty used to have people just sitting around watching when they are skating

Ollie Ringwald

• Rep: -3
« Reply #323 on: February 10, 2013, 12:09:40 PM »
Mat Miller looked like he was trying harder to credit card himself than he was to land anything.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
« Reply #324 on: February 10, 2013, 12:36:34 PM »
they have the worst match ups...

« Reply #325 on: February 10, 2013, 01:03:27 PM »
This was the worst BATB weekend in history.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #326 on: February 10, 2013, 01:25:43 PM »
Damn, same dudes playing each other again, and it really looks like nobody cares. Just whatever.

Would have been cool if only flow and am guys competed, complete underdog match-ups.

landCow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #327 on: February 10, 2013, 02:09:01 PM »
i'm noticing a lot of fakie hardlflips around. are they cool now? I missed the memo.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #328 on: February 10, 2013, 02:12:27 PM »
I can think of a brand new group of 20 or so skaters who have never been in this thing and are seemingly really good at flat that could make for some really great games. Instead, we get the same goddamn people again and again.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #329 on: February 10, 2013, 02:20:16 PM »
every game has sucked so far, its really funny, nobody cares and steve berra is sad.