Author Topic: Things You Pondered Today  (Read 584772 times)

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
Re: Things You Pondered Today
« Reply #3240 on: January 22, 2019, 02:20:05 PM »
Thrasher or Jenkem or whoever needs to make a Jamal Smith/sk8-MST3K web series a reality.

Also, what's the formula for embedding youtube links with a timecode on here?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3241 on: January 22, 2019, 02:30:14 PM »
That would be great.  I guess the closest we’ve ever gotten is when Beelee Dat was reviewing kids’ sponsor me tapes.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 02:31:45 PM by SneakySecrets »
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3242 on: January 22, 2019, 04:42:14 PM »
this is supposed to be a safe place for pondering
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

feedmeseymour

« Reply #3243 on: January 22, 2019, 06:48:43 PM »
Thrasher or Jenkem or whoever needs to make a Jamal Smith/sk8-MST3K web series a reality.

Also, what's the formula for embedding youtube links with a timecode on here?

I have an mst3k tattoo so I’m in favor of this if that’s worth anything. Also from a computer it’s under the share options but on mobile it’s not that easy. Kinda annoying to write out but this explains it

https://www.lifewire.com/link-to-specific-part-of-youtube-video-1616414

shalom

« Reply #3244 on: January 22, 2019, 07:57:25 PM »
slap is a lot like poker; it's not a sprint, it's a marathon

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #3245 on: January 22, 2019, 08:44:16 PM »
Something is going bad in my apartment but what

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3246 on: January 22, 2019, 09:14:19 PM »
Something is going bad in my apartment but what

If you wait long enough it'll be all of it
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #3247 on: January 23, 2019, 08:42:02 AM »
Movie idea: Minding the Gap-style documentary about a group of internet posters in their late 20s/30s, who feel too old for Slap, but not yet mature enough for #skatetwitter.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #3248 on: January 23, 2019, 08:45:55 AM »
Minding the Gip

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3249 on: January 23, 2019, 09:34:30 AM »
someone on here said they knew gip irl and that he has a good back tail .. always wondered if that was true .. i can only picture his dumb face getting ass fucked

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #3250 on: January 24, 2019, 12:04:58 AM »
cypher rap songs are kinda like skate videos. you gotta start with a really good verse, filler verses in between, then the best verse last.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
« Reply #3251 on: January 24, 2019, 12:14:45 AM »
the words that make up the travel section's description are in a wrong order?

Dorknerd

« Reply #3252 on: January 24, 2019, 03:13:45 AM »
#writedelete #writedelete #writedelete #writedelete #writedelete #writedelete #writedelete #writedelete #writedelete #writedelete #writedelete post? 🙇‍♂️💁‍♂️🙍‍♂️💆‍♂️

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #3253 on: January 24, 2019, 08:15:26 AM »

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3254 on: January 24, 2019, 08:26:04 AM »
i immediately want to take a sawzawl to that tail just out of spite

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3255 on: January 24, 2019, 09:55:23 AM »

I like how all the other covers are broken off

shit_for_brains

« Reply #3256 on: January 24, 2019, 11:19:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They're on hinges and swung over the other side.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3257 on: January 24, 2019, 01:34:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They're on hinges and swung over the other side.

That's I thought too, but the hinges are broken off on some of them.
Either way, why can't they just make normal fucking lockers haha

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #3258 on: January 24, 2019, 09:34:03 PM »
Took a while to find the actual law that NY just passed regarding abortion. Here it is: https://www.news10.com/news/local-news/full-text-read-the-full-text-of-the-reproductive-heath-act/1718439748

The heart of the law:

"A HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONER LICENSED, CERTIFIED, OR AUTHORIZED UNDER TITLE EIGHT OF THE EDUCATION LAW, ACTING WITHIN HIS OR HER LAWFUL SCOPE OF PRACTICE, MAY PERFORM AN ABORTION WHEN, ACCORDING TO THE PRACTITIONER'S REASONABLE AND GOOD FAITH PROFESSIONAL JUDGMENT BASED ON THE FACTS OF THE PATIENT'S CASE: THE PATIENT IS WITHIN TWENTY-FOUR WEEKS FROM THE COMMENCEMENT OF PREGNANCY, OR THERE IS AN ABSENCE OF FETAL VIABILITY, OR THE ABORTION IS NECESSARY TO PROTECT THE PATIENT'S LIFE OR HEALTH."

I've been pondering it a lot.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 498
« Reply #3259 on: January 25, 2019, 01:49:47 AM »

just unmount the trucks and take it out.
free board and trucks. but separated >:(

feedmeseymour

« Reply #3260 on: January 25, 2019, 12:21:23 PM »
Took a while to find the actual law that NY just passed regarding abortion. Here it is: https://www.news10.com/news/local-news/full-text-read-the-full-text-of-the-reproductive-heath-act/1718439748

The heart of the law:

"A HEALTH CARE PRACTITIONER LICENSED, CERTIFIED, OR AUTHORIZED UNDER TITLE EIGHT OF THE EDUCATION LAW, ACTING WITHIN HIS OR HER LAWFUL SCOPE OF PRACTICE, MAY PERFORM AN ABORTION WHEN, ACCORDING TO THE PRACTITIONER'S REASONABLE AND GOOD FAITH PROFESSIONAL JUDGMENT BASED ON THE FACTS OF THE PATIENT'S CASE: THE PATIENT IS WITHIN TWENTY-FOUR WEEKS FROM THE COMMENCEMENT OF PREGNANCY, OR THERE IS AN ABSENCE OF FETAL VIABILITY, OR THE ABORTION IS NECESSARY TO PROTECT THE PATIENT'S LIFE OR HEALTH."

what's there to ponder?

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3261 on: January 25, 2019, 01:15:43 PM »
Expand Quote

The heart of the law:

[close]

what's there to ponder?

I am wondering what the standard is for "protecting health". Technically, every birth affects the health of the mother, physically and psychologically. Most mothers would agree that giving birth is the most excruciating pain you could experience, so pretty much any abortion at any time seems like it could meet the standard of a health risk.

Just curious about where they draw the line, because if you leave the interpretation up to private medical professionals, it's no holds barred, like a medical marijuana card or pain killers.

Honestly just curious. I like to read legislation rather than having it interpreted to me, but I'm not clear on this one.

calvinsdream

« Reply #3262 on: January 25, 2019, 01:33:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

The heart of the law:

[close]

what's there to ponder?
[close]

I am wondering what the standard is for "protecting health". Technically, every birth affects the health of the mother, physically and psychologically. Most mothers would agree that giving birth is the most excruciating pain you could experience, so pretty much any abortion at any time seems like it could meet the standard of a health risk.

Just curious about where they draw the line, because if you leave the interpretation up to private medical professionals, it's no holds barred, like a medical marijuana card or pain killers.

Honestly just curious. I like to read legislation rather than having it interpreted to me, but I'm not clear on this one.

I know, we wouldn't want to have abortions freely available, now would we

feedmeseymour

« Reply #3263 on: January 25, 2019, 01:35:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

The heart of the law:

[close]

what's there to ponder?
[close]

gotcha. not an attack, just a statement but clearly you havent had an abortion before.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3264 on: January 25, 2019, 02:04:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

The heart of the law:

[close]

what's there to ponder?
[close]

[close]

In many cultures this equals gendercide.  Girls cant bring the family bacon so they get aborted ny the millions (happening right now.)  No more d syndrom boy and girls.   Shades of the old neugenic plan seeing the broad light of day.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 02:11:01 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3265 on: January 25, 2019, 02:34:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

The heart of the law:

[close]

what's there to ponder?
[close]

[close]

It depends, and I'm really just wondering where this law delineates the acceptable circumstances. I'm not trying to make a political statement.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #3266 on: January 25, 2019, 02:35:36 PM »
Saw my teenage coworkers set up and it has some grizzly graphic grip tape. Is there a nice way to tell him it’s dumb as fuck.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3267 on: January 25, 2019, 02:41:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

The heart of the law:

[close]

what's there to ponder?
[close]

[close]

gotcha. not an attack, just a statement but clearly you havent had an abortion before.

My mother had a late term abortion to my would-be brother. It was due to health risks. I've talked to her a lot about it. I totally understand the circumstances that led to that decision and the need to have the option available.

Fuck all you for getting on my case about this. I'm just wondering what the law means.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
« Reply #3268 on: January 25, 2019, 03:09:15 PM »
why politically incorrect people rarely say offensive things about military veterans, the recently bereaved, religious people, children, politicians they support, etc. they’re fixated on offending women, people of color, gays and other nonmainstream groups. could it be because their main concern is not free speech but putting people in their place? I think so.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3269 on: January 25, 2019, 05:12:58 PM »
why politically incorrect people rarely say offensive things about military veterans, the recently bereaved, religious people, children, politicians they support, etc. they’re fixated on offending women, people of color, gays and other nonmainstream groups. could it be because their main concern is not free speech but putting people in their place? I think so.
  I thought of this today in terms of the base trump drummed up.
  I was thinkimg about the surf grom thing and those guys are always gonna be 3 or 4 years away from outpaddling your ass if your on the old side.  Not fun. I certainly wouldnt stop them from smoking cigarettes. Put it that way.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 05:14:33 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"