Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 359591 times)

jigga42 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

CrappybsflipDownthe5stair

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #3270 on: May 09, 2024, 06:25:25 AM »
But also, Tyrone kinda sounds like a piece of shit for using his buddy’s art, not compensating him, then doubling down by saying he should be thankful for the exposure.  The exposure of Germ fucking skateboards.

Yeah that was pretty sus to be fair

On the Margie ep now, pretty wild come up!

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -489
« Reply #3271 on: May 09, 2024, 11:00:05 AM »
But also, Tyrone kinda sounds like a piece of shit for using his buddy’s art, not compensating him, then doubling down by saying he should be thankful for the exposure.  The exposure of Germ fucking skateboards.

That was such an odd piece of cognitive dissonance after spending 20 minutes complaining about getting kicked off Osiris by someone who’s your friend. Like he clearly understands the concept when personally applied. Otherwise fun episode
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Ty Evans Lightman

• Rep: -33
« Reply #3272 on: May 09, 2024, 01:29:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just want to derail this bullshit to point out that

Margi’s episode is wild. Here story is crazy
[close]

I second this.
I found it was pretty insightful. Margi obviously loves skating but she's also true to herself that she saw an opportunity to make money to help herself and her family and she ran with it. More power to her.
The ankle break story sounded gnarly on multiple levels.

It seems Claraval is really managing her. Nine club should have given him kelly's button for his input.

This episode also highlighted how people raised in the skate mecca of california can't really understand how the rest of the world works. Crob, if you read this, stop using your example of Vincent Milou learning to skate on dirt and searching endlessly for a slab of concrete like he was Vincent the wild boy of aveyron... It makes it sound like you've never opened a book.
[close]
Hahahahaaha. He’s reference Milou so much whenever he mentions skaters who overcame adversity
[close]

Does that make Mike V’s Label Kills part an example of overcoming adversity??

No, it makes a counter argument to Gino's push

kookdusoleil

• Rep: 49
  • Have fun out there
« Reply #3273 on: May 09, 2024, 03:20:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Jeron really adds nothing to the show. I like the guy but he doesn't really contribute much. Chris is the host and Kelly has good questions and Rog is an encyclopaedia. Maybe it's different on the other shows they do, haven't watched for a while
[close]

He seem really fried. His main contribution is long winded, drawn out word salads of questions, and quite often getting well know sayings wrong.

I recall him once saying something along the lines of “… you hit the tail right on the donkey…”.

Now we're talkin' with gas!

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2241
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #3274 on: May 09, 2024, 03:28:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Jeron really adds nothing to the show.
[close]

I recall him once saying something along the lines of “… you hit the tail right on the donkey…”.
Was that on the Mikey Taylor episode?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3275 on: May 09, 2024, 03:30:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

work_lurker

• Rep: 91
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #3276 on: May 09, 2024, 05:23:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Freudian slip!
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

citycity

• Rep: -103
« Reply #3277 on: May 09, 2024, 06:26:40 PM »
Plenty of things to criticize but I still think seeing Jeron or anyone of that caliber stoked on something is really cool!

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 808
« Reply #3278 on: May 09, 2024, 07:07:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Damn dude, trying to eat my dinner.  ;D

Colt Cannon's Cargos

• Rep: -5
« Reply #3279 on: May 09, 2024, 07:28:06 PM »
just watched a little of the live.

who the fuck would buy a box (10 packs) of all yuto horigome cards for $100+?

getting a card with a piece of his gross ass beanie makes it even less desirable

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 77
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3280 on: May 09, 2024, 08:12:22 PM »
who the fuck would buy an nft in general and how are they still a thing? shit is stupid.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #3281 on: May 09, 2024, 08:32:13 PM »
who the fuck would buy an nft in general and how are they still a thing? shit is stupid.
i don’t think they really are but mike mo and them are still trying to sell them

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
« Reply #3282 on: May 09, 2024, 09:08:28 PM »

Ty Evans Lightman

« Reply #3283 on: May 09, 2024, 11:40:07 PM »

getting a card with a piece of his gross ass beanie makes it even less desirable

I’m interested to hear what rkulla thinks of NFTs?
Guy donated a lot of money to the show so I have a feeling NFTs might be in his stockpile of Yeti bottles too…

Ty Evans Lightman

« Reply #3284 on: May 11, 2024, 01:48:13 AM »
Jeron really adds nothing to the show. I like the guy but he doesn't really contribute much. Chris is the host and Kelly has good questions and Rog is an encyclopaedia. Maybe it's different on the other shows they do, haven't watched for a while

I don't agree.
He does take the bench when it comes to full interviews, although he will get involved if he has a close connection to the guest which is cool.

Personally, I like Jeron. He's the one person on the show that has an opinion and knows how to express it without coming across as an idiot or a prick.

What he said recently about videos and companies these days neglecting the team aspect is true. It's nothing new now but almost all the videos that come out these days are singular parts or quickly put together montages. Surely this has an impact on the skateboard market and brand recognition and identity.

I must say, the most recent Budget or Buttery segment was budget. Chris repeated at least three ideas to vibe off and it really sucked the energy away. I've suggested loads of ideas via their discord but it's down to Chris and his eye to pick them. Maybe the segment needs to get retired for something new?

The Nine Club has done a couple of video screenings back to back (Fulfill the dream and Welcome to hell) and this segment has great potential for their viewing audience. But they also need to diversify. It would be cool to screen something like Public Domain but you know Kelly was an infant when that dropped so his participation might be challenging. Anyway, one to watch.

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -281
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3285 on: May 11, 2024, 02:08:05 PM »

First of all it’s a Moncler balaclava

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #3286 on: May 11, 2024, 02:49:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't agree.
He does take the bench when it comes to full interviews, although he will get involved if he has a close connection to the guest which is cool.

Personally, I like Jeron. He's the one person on the show that has an opinion and knows how to express it without coming across as an idiot or a prick.

What he said recently about videos and companies these days neglecting the team aspect is true. It's nothing new now but almost all the videos that come out these days are singular parts or quickly put together montages. Surely this has an impact on the skateboard market and brand recognition and identity.

I must say, the most recent Budget or Buttery segment was budget. Chris repeated at least three ideas to vibe off and it really sucked the energy away. I've suggested loads of ideas via their discord but it's down to Chris and his eye to pick them. Maybe the segment needs to get retired for something new?

The Nine Club has done a couple of video screenings back to back (Fulfill the dream and Welcome to hell) and this segment has great potential for their viewing audience. But they also need to diversify. It would be cool to screen something like Public Domain but you know Kelly was an infant when that dropped so his participation might be challenging. Anyway, one to watch.

was thinking about this the other day, but Jeron definitely is a lot more vocal on the live show. Maybe im biased because i am a big fan of those dudes as skateboarders, so its interesting to tune into what theyve been upto post (ish?) career.

Also in regards to the missing team element, sometimes I wonder if thats why I like the GX videos so much. You always see the homies in the background, and they drop stuff somewhat regularly. Feel like theyre in every fourth thrasher or something

also

With all the talk about Roberts' nosegrind in NY claims ive been thinking; is Jeron the only one of them who's somewhat still got it? Dude still has pop and is proper from what ive seen more recently. I get Roberts whole schtick, but I do wonder if maybe he does still got something cooking

Sucks that Kelly's hip is whatever it is

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Troubadour26

• Rep: 84
« Reply #3287 on: May 11, 2024, 08:08:54 PM »
Roger is the best skater on the show

ElonMuskaBeats

• Rep: -13
« Reply #3288 on: May 11, 2024, 10:05:19 PM »
Do skateboarders still wear trucker hats? I can’t rely on crob for fashion guidance.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3289 on: May 11, 2024, 11:18:22 PM »
I can’t rely on crob for fashion guidance.
I mean, WHO can you even look to for guidance anymore?!?

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3290 on: Today at 07:09:24 AM »
I couldn't read every post but I watch every show now

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
  • sup dog
« Reply #3291 on: Today at 10:37:58 AM »
Expand Quote
I can’t rely on crob for fashion guidance.
[close]
I mean, WHO can you even look to for guidance anymore?!?
Poor kids these days…
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

Mallie

• Rep: 38
« Reply #3292 on: Today at 02:23:18 PM »
'Scuse me, hi...I just have a few questions after skimming through the last couple of pages, so I'd just like to ask when's Mr. Kulla in? On which days does he entertain our inquiries?
Chi vive in baracca, chi suda il salario,
Chi ruba pensioni, chi ha scarsa memoria,
Chi ha crisi interiori, chi scava nei cuori,
Chi legge la mano, chi regna sovrano,
Chi suda, chi lotta, chi mangia una volta,
Chi gli manca la casa, chi vive da solo,
Chi trova scontato, chi come ha trovato...