Author Topic: Tyshawn Thrasher Cover  (Read 24129 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 961
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Tyshawn Thrasher Cover
« Reply #240 on: October 10, 2022, 09:57:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Sincerely disappointed that no New York slappers nor someone like Jenkem has gone there with a homie and a tape measure to determine the actual distance of the gap.
[close]
the D line uses R68s, which are listed as ten feet wide on wikipedia. factor in a little distance between the train and the platform (~18 inches) and the gap itself is probably somewhere between eleven and twelve feet, not including the blind bumps (impossible to tell if tyshawn popped over those or used a sign; if he did go past them, it's closer to fourteen feet).

with all that being said, the biggest hurdle isn't the gap; it's the runup. the station has three tracks straddling two platforms, and tyshawn jumped the middle track. judging by the picture below, there's no way someone could just throw down and go straight at the platform (even going from right to left, as tyshawn did), so tyshawn almost certainly had to jump the gap at an angle.

That's pretty big with the blind bumps. The crosswalks is Boston are like 10' wide. Slightly bigger at Copley I think.

I could big flip them in my 20s and 30s.

So Ty should be able to do it switch. Let's go. Switch big flip the thing and I'll follow you forever and ever.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #241 on: October 10, 2022, 10:41:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sincerely disappointed that no New York slappers nor someone like Jenkem has gone there with a homie and a tape measure to determine the actual distance of the gap.
[close]
the D line uses R68s, which are listed as ten feet wide on wikipedia. factor in a little distance between the train and the platform (~18 inches) and the gap itself is probably somewhere between eleven and twelve feet, not including the blind bumps (impossible to tell if tyshawn popped over those or used a sign; if he did go past them, it's closer to fourteen feet).

with all that being said, the biggest hurdle isn't the gap; it's the runup. the station has three tracks straddling two platforms, and tyshawn jumped the middle track. judging by the picture below, there's no way someone could just throw down and go straight at the platform (even going from right to left, as tyshawn did), so tyshawn almost certainly had to jump the gap at an angle.

[close]

That's pretty big with the blind bumps. The crosswalks is Boston are like 10' wide. Slightly bigger at Copley I think.

So Ty should be able to do it switch. Let's go. Switch big flip the thing and I'll follow you forever and ever.

When you big flipped the street gap was this before or after you were diagnosed with incurable folliculitis?
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #242 on: October 10, 2022, 10:46:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Aren't NYC subways notoriously off-schedule? I hope they didn't put their trust in the hands of the NYC subway schedule. I'm hoping they had some people at nearby stations calling/radio-ing to them when the coast was clear.
[close]

The digital displays with ETAs in the stations are accurate. And also you can definitely see and hear them coming (they have lights that you can see reflecting off the walls) well in advance

Still dangerous, but its definitely not a total diceroll.

"Well in advance" when it comes to trains still ain't enough.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

behavioralguide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 775
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #243 on: October 10, 2022, 11:28:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Aren't NYC subways notoriously off-schedule? I hope they didn't put their trust in the hands of the NYC subway schedule. I'm hoping they had some people at nearby stations calling/radio-ing to them when the coast was clear.
[close]

The digital displays with ETAs in the stations are accurate. And also you can definitely see and hear them coming (they have lights that you can see reflecting off the walls) well in advance

Still dangerous, but its definitely not a total diceroll.
[close]

"Well in advance" when it comes to trains still ain't enough.

Atiba didn't die so my guess is:
it was enough

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 49
« Reply #244 on: October 10, 2022, 11:44:30 AM »
Fuck ya WPG big ups for posting his Blessed part and whoever uploaded it. Been searching for that part in full for over 3 years. I don’t think it’s Bill’s decision to take it down it’s the Dylan estate or whatever u wanna call it that makes him do it. I’m sure there’s repercussions if he doesn’t. The whole Blessed vid has been on YouTube for years with all the songs but u can’t find the Dylan section anywhere or it gets silenced/pulled hella quick.

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #245 on: October 10, 2022, 11:48:21 AM »
Fuck ya WPG big ups for posting his Blessed part and whoever uploaded it. Been searching for that part in full for over 3 years. I don’t think it’s Bill’s decision to take it down it’s the Dylan estate or whatever u wanna call it that makes him do it. I’m sure there’s repercussions if he doesn’t. The whole Blessed vid has been on YouTube for years with all the songs but u can’t find the Dylan section anywhere or it gets silenced/pulled hella quick.

Only watched Blessed twice but Dylan isn’t in that vid from what I recall.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 307
« Reply #246 on: October 10, 2022, 11:54:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think theres a short section with some Dylan clips right before TJs part. It ends with Dylan telling a young TJ “its your turn buddy”. I cant remember though, if I think of it i’ll throw on my bootleg version at home and check.

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1
« Reply #247 on: October 10, 2022, 11:55:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

think he's talking about Bob Dylan since the second half of the part uses Knockin on Heavens Door
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #248 on: October 10, 2022, 11:58:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
think he's talking about Bob Dylan since the second half of the part uses Knockin on Heavens Door

llloooolllll yes that makes sense.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

HisNameIsntWarren

• Rep: 49
« Reply #249 on: October 10, 2022, 12:18:15 PM »
Ya that’s right. And I’m tripping, there’s definitely a YouTube upload with the full Tyshawn part.

Welcome to the OC bitch! This is how it’s done in Orange County.

Eastcoastghostiii

• Rep: 2
« Reply #250 on: October 10, 2022, 12:57:54 PM »
What an insane cover, I have so many questions and hope there is a documentary/Thrasher My War/etc of the trick.

Also- if you look at Atiba's caption on instagram he mentions that he was told that the track was not active and it turns out that it actually was active. He then says he had to jump on the third rail to get out because he heard the subway car coming.. WTF.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #251 on: October 10, 2022, 03:04:48 PM »

a laser tape measure is cheap and works just as well...also curious on his pop height

quackquack

• Rep: -415
« Reply #252 on: October 10, 2022, 04:03:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

a laser tape measure is cheap and works just a s well...also curious on his pop height

Yeah, but laser pointers don't match my Tims, bruv
Oh, the places you'll go.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 442
« Reply #253 on: October 10, 2022, 05:32:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

a laser tape measure is cheap and works just a s well...also curious on his pop height
[close]

Using a laser tape to measure spots is the new skating with air pods

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 386
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #254 on: October 10, 2022, 06:17:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Bob Dylan is alive, so you wouldn't say the Dylan Estate to talk about him.

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #255 on: October 10, 2022, 06:33:35 PM »
so, fat bill lurks on here huh? fuck you Larry clark ass bitch

When Blessed was released I posted one Tyshawn trick on my IG story and Bill DM’d me with a demand that I delete it. The weirdest thing was I didn’t even tag him or anything.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #256 on: October 10, 2022, 07:09:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

When you big flipped the street gap was this before or after you were diagnosed with incurable folliculitis?

Unfortunately I was born rotting. A cross walk is hardly a street gap tho. If you miss your board or whatever you don't actually pay a price.
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #257 on: October 10, 2022, 07:16:30 PM »
I would kill to see someone frickin nollie pop shuv that subway gap.
Just stubb the nose into a blind bump and whip it like a lawn dart across the gap.
Ewww tho. I can picture heels clicking and the board gets to the other side just before you. Land in a Manny
(A)pl(E)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #258 on: October 10, 2022, 07:21:04 PM »
Someone just posted him bs noseblunting the top of those famous long SF benches.   But he’s gotta get SOTY the year the part drops.    It’s not the 90s anymore where people get it w/o bc videos might not come out that year…

That said Ville should be in the convo this year

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #259 on: October 10, 2022, 07:36:51 PM »
Someone just posted him bs noseblunting the top of those famous long SF benches.   But he’s gotta get SOTY the year the part drops.    It’s not the 90s anymore where people get it w/o bc videos might not come out that year…

That said Ville should be in the convo this year

I'm ok with Tyshawn winning every year. He's definitely one of my favorite skaters. I love trash cans. Never in my life did I think anyone would take it this far. If they did I figured I wouldn't be alive to see it.
(A)pl(E)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #260 on: October 11, 2022, 12:20:31 AM »
If he’s tearing up SF, I def think ollieing a pier 7 block the long way is within his abilities.   People say there’s not enough runway, but I think that’s just from the lower/pier side.  Street side seems to have plenty

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #261 on: October 11, 2022, 12:23:15 AM »
If he’s tearing up SF, I def think ollieing a pier 7 block the long way is within his abilities.   People say there’s not enough runway, but I think that’s just from the lower/pier side.  Street side seems to have plenty
He's also gonna Ollie up wallenburg

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #262 on: October 11, 2022, 05:09:16 AM »
How high and far can TJ jump ?
What are we discussing here ? Olympics ?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 689
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #263 on: October 11, 2022, 07:49:27 AM »
What an insane cover, I have so many questions and hope there is a documentary/Thrasher My War/etc of the trick.

Also- if you look at Atiba's caption on instagram he mentions that he was told that the track was not active and it turns out that it actually was active. He then says he had to jump on the third rail to get out because he heard the subway car coming.. WTF.

I thought the "third rail" was the one that has the power going through it... so how did he not get electrocuted? or did it just luckily not happen to be powered at that moment?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #264 on: October 11, 2022, 08:19:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

been in construction for almost 20yrs, couldn't tell you how many people who work site cant read tape measures correctly...its either their eyes, noting whether its 3/8" or 5/8" (yes in america we use imperial) or they didn't measure the line straight.   It at the point where all frames and studs come on are site pre-cut. Never had issues with the lasers other than forgetting to change batteries

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #265 on: October 11, 2022, 09:20:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

been in construction for almost 20yrs, couldn't tell you how many people who work site cant read tape measures correctly...its either their eyes, noting whether its 3/8" or 5/8" (yes in america we use imperial) or they didn't measure the line straight.   It at the point where all frames and studs come on are site pre-cut. Never had issues with the lasers other than forgetting to change batteries
Not only America there's numb nuts everywhere. Had this full dumb job when I was young making tarps. You know like a big rectangle of waterproof material with some ropes in the corners. The amount of people who'd go thru that job and fuck it up because they don't know how to measure shit was unbelievable. Notable being some woman who claimed she couldn't do it because she only knows inches not metric (why does it matter just do the fucking number) had to figure out all the shit for her in inches and shed still fuck it up. Other was some guy that made like twenty tarps but not a single one was square all were weird trapezoids. Turned out when measuring he didn't realise one side of the tape was metric and the other imperial. These were all adults. Anyway end of dum memory.

SHARPSHOOTER

• Rep: -278
  • Bret Hart
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #266 on: October 11, 2022, 09:31:24 AM »

Idk how anyone can hate or couldn't  have seen this, appreciate greatness.

Wha wha walrus shit he can only pop high cry me fuckin river you losers
(I'm probably the most jock POS varsity athlete and probably a racist by some of your standards but it is beyond evident hes gretzky/Dr.J)
Fat Bill must be on here because that part was on there for a while, gets posted to this thread and gets nuked

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #267 on: October 11, 2022, 09:35:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I thought the "third rail" was the one that has the power going through it... so how did he not get electrocuted? or did it just luckily not happen to be powered at that moment?

If that story is true, maybe rubber shoe soles not being conductive?
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #268 on: October 11, 2022, 09:52:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Not only America there's numb nuts everywhere. Had this full dumb job when I was young making tarps. You know like a big rectangle of waterproof material with some ropes in the corners. The amount of people who'd go thru that job and fuck it up because they don't know how to measure shit was unbelievable. Notable being some woman who claimed she couldn't do it because she only knows inches not metric (why does it matter just do the fucking number) had to figure out all the shit for her in inches and shed still fuck it up. Other was some guy that made like twenty tarps but not a single one was square all were weird trapezoids. Turned out when measuring he didn't realise one side of the tape was metric and the other imperial. These were all adults. Anyway end of dum memory.

yea i had to design custom wood windows at one point, and to my surprise the opening for windows were never truly square, and these were multi-millionare mansions in the silicon valley area (atherton, palo alto, and los altos hills).  one time  i showed up to a mansion and you could see the ceiling and the walls didn't line up in one of the bedrooms.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 354
« Reply #269 on: October 11, 2022, 10:31:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me