Author Topic: Favorite Beer  (Read 248150 times)

floop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
Re: Favorite Beer
« Reply #1110 on: May 06, 2013, 09:36:06 AM »
recent beer

this is really good:

this i did not like at all

made some more new friends:

"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #1111 on: May 06, 2013, 10:07:07 AM »
Yeah the Jack D'or is super mellow, but really really tasty. How did you manage to get that bottle? If you have a chance, pick up Pretty Thing's Baby Tree, it's a great Quad

Love Baby Tree - I got it because my fiance loved the name and bottle at the store! I wanna try more from P.T.

Smell Good

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 54
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1112 on: May 06, 2013, 10:14:35 AM »
Founders All Day IPA is growing on me.

Helps being hungry and having it with some food.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #1113 on: May 06, 2013, 10:36:40 AM »
Honestly, the Bolt Cutter scares me. 15% is no joke.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1114 on: May 06, 2013, 06:06:28 PM »
Quote from: The Nose Face ? link=topic=37201.msg1906541#msg1906541 date=1367860027
Expand Quote
Yeah the Jack D'or is super mellow, but really really tasty. How did you manage to get that bottle? If you have a chance, pick up Pretty Thing's Baby Tree, it's a great Quad
[close]

Love Baby Tree - I got it because my fiance loved the name and bottle at the store! I wanna try more from P.T.
my buddy works at Whole foods and the employees got 40% for a day last week. i had him randomly pick a few brews for me. Jack D'or was one of em. ill let him know about baby tree and have him keep an eye out for it. thanks.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

noone1234

• Rep: -36

pancake man

« Reply #1116 on: May 06, 2013, 08:11:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
my buddy works at Whole foods and the employees got 40% for a day last week. i had him randomly pick a few brews for me. Jack D'or was one of em. ill let him know about baby tree and have him keep an eye out for it. thanks.

ahhh so you're either in MA, RI, or CT... nice!

Moist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • Deaf and Dumb
« Reply #1117 on: May 07, 2013, 01:11:47 AM »

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #1118 on: May 07, 2013, 01:41:46 AM »

Lots of new black IPAs coming out lately it seems like, this ones probably still my favorite. Enjoying one now. Such piney hops.

I've been feelin' 21st Amendment's Back in Black black IPA lately...it's one of my go-to park/river/etc beers. Not too hoppy, though, so maybe not what you're looking for. I don't like IPAs, do like dark beers, and I like that one a lot.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1119 on: May 07, 2013, 09:38:53 PM »
an east coaster was kind enough to send me one of these.   really good shit

in other news i have acquired a fuckload of upper-eschalon imperial stouts.  pics to come.

ironically all i want to drink lately are fresh IPAs
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #1120 on: May 07, 2013, 11:39:38 PM »
My friend showing off his collection...i hate him.

"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

pancake man

« Reply #1121 on: May 08, 2013, 07:28:27 AM »
10 minutes of cellaring and it's only part 1? oh lawdy

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1122 on: May 08, 2013, 11:36:48 AM »
that's a pretty enviable surplus of beer. 

i don't mean this as a judgement call (because i'm guilty too) but there's a fine line between "aging" and "hoarding"

your friend needs to drink some of that shit up!

that Lost Abbey "box set" is pretty over the top.  and yes, i would want one

realitycontrol

• Rep: 237
  • "only when i breathe"
« Reply #1123 on: May 08, 2013, 11:46:16 AM »
oh dont worry, he drinks (read: gets hammered) at least 4-5 days a week. he's part of the sd beer industry, so he's been getting tons of shit for free over the last 4 years or so.

he also just won the stone homebrewers competition a couple months ago, so look for his coconut ipa in 22oz bottles in the summer time. it's this year's stone collaboration series.
"Judging by the state of the economy and world at large, looks like we get to be the fucked generation." - Mouth

bottom feeder

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1124 on: May 08, 2013, 11:54:03 AM »

That stuff is the divine nectar.  Fucking yums.

pancake man

« Reply #1125 on: May 08, 2013, 04:35:49 PM »
This is just my small collection right now, the beers in front of the Old Chub box are the ones I'm cellaring and the ones to the right are the ones in my fridge, considering storing the KBS and the Back Country Bastard though

and sipping upon this now

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #1126 on: May 08, 2013, 07:25:52 PM »
was sippin 40s and climbing trains last night. now i've got me a dales pale ale. mighty fine can o' beer.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #1127 on: May 08, 2013, 08:25:05 PM »
what did you think of the dragons milk? IMO its a pretty bad barrel aged beer. not a lot going on with it. I haven't had much from new holland that was really enjoyable.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1128 on: May 08, 2013, 09:45:14 PM »
love old chub

tonights beers so far.  abrasive is fucking amazing

LiveFreeAndBurn

« Reply #1129 on: May 09, 2013, 02:54:40 AM »

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1130 on: May 09, 2013, 07:46:06 AM »
oh dont worry, he drinks (read: gets hammered) at least 4-5 days a week. he's part of the sd beer industry, so he's been getting tons of shit for free over the last 4 years or so.

he also just won the stone homebrewers competition a couple months ago, so look for his coconut ipa in 22oz bottles in the summer time. it's this year's stone collaboration series.

I heard about that stuff. Looking forward to it. Got a 4 pack of Maui Brewing coconut porter the other week which was enjoyable. It feels nice drinking good beer from cans.

pancake man

« Reply #1131 on: May 09, 2013, 08:29:20 AM »
what did you think of the dragons milk? IMO its a pretty bad barrel aged beer. not a lot going on with it. I haven't had much from new holland that was really enjoyable.

yeah it wasn't anything to write home about, I'd have to agree with my friend when he said that the barrel and chocolate flavor was pretty forced

dillanharp

« Reply #1132 on: May 09, 2013, 04:12:38 PM »
Tonight I'm drinking one of these. Then, tomorrow night the other. I'm excited.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #1133 on: May 09, 2013, 11:51:05 PM »
Quote from: The Nose Face ? link=topic=37201.msg1906541#msg1906541 date=1367860027
Expand Quote
[close]

got one today, havent tried it yet but will in the next week or two. also got a new Sierra Nevada with new zealand hops and the Stone Espresso Stout. will post pics as i try them.

had these tonight

thought it was gonna be too strong at 9.7% but it was actually really smooth, my homie bought it but i would buy it again. and you can age it.

first try of a gluten free beer, its a little different, almost wine like but not too strong. the alcohol smell is stronger than the alcohol taste, which i think is a good thing. its pretty smooth and sort of sweet.
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1134 on: May 10, 2013, 08:58:34 PM »
^ for a second i misread that as Triple Ejaculation.   that would be a bold beer name

enjoying this with my lady (i doubt she'll even finish her glass)

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1135 on: May 10, 2013, 09:33:28 PM »
That's awesome about the Stone collaboration award.

I'm drinking the 3 Floyds X Pig Destroyer Permanent Funeral Pale Ale right now.  I'm glad I found it (even though I was looking for that Stone Espresso Stout) and got to try it since I really like PxDx, but it's way too hoppy for me.  It's the first time I can taste the citrus and sweetness in an IPA, but the hops is still too prevalent.  I was hoping it would be an actual pale ale instead of another IPA.  I guess it's supposed to be almost the exact same thing as 3 Floyd's Arctic Panzer Wolf, maybe a minor difference here and there.

I really don't like IPAs.  That's one of the reasons I get frustrated with Stone because it seems like all they release is some slight variation on a IPA.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #1136 on: May 10, 2013, 09:43:05 PM »
had evil twin falco tonight, which was great. the falconers flight hop blend is awesome.

also had stone espresso irs. gets wayyyyyy better as it approaches room temp, like most bigger stouts. the coffee isn't as overwhelming then, either. right out of the fridge the coffee is almost too much.

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 200
« Reply #1137 on: May 10, 2013, 10:02:35 PM »

Michigan is killing the game.

Dark Horse - crooked tree IPA

pancake man

« Reply #1138 on: May 11, 2013, 06:10:55 AM »
Yeah Michigan has really been kicking ass in the beer industry

RockForLight

• Rep: 26
« Reply #1139 on: May 11, 2013, 08:48:00 AM »
had evil twin falco tonight, which was great. the falconers flight hop blend is awesome.

I made a Falconer's Flight Pale Ale that I'll bottle in the next few days. I've heard a lot of good things about that blend of hops. Yesterday I brewed a West Coast Pale Ale that should be like Sierra Nevada but hoppier because I dry-hopped when the recipe didn't call for it. I am excite.

I'm also stoked that different craft beers are becoming more and more accessible in my area. Founders and Firestone Walker have started showing up everywhere.