Author Topic: views on kids before marriage?  (Read 1738 times)

Buster_Poosey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: views on kids before marriage?
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2022, 04:14:49 PM »
Having kids is awesome. I have 3 of my own and a solid spouse that helps make all of it possible. We’re not married but have rings and refer to each other as husband and wife. We were together for 6 months, we spent a majority of our time getting blacked out drunk, and then I knocked her up. Life hit me like a ton of bricks, it forced me to grow the fuck up and get my priorities straight. Granted, it wasn’t always great between my “wife” and I, we spent all of our time together drunk, but we got it figured out and continued making babies hahaha. Having kids is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I quit drinking and focused on working and providing for my family. If I never got my wife pregnant I’d still working dead end jobs just to fuel my drug and alcohol habit. Those tax returns are pretty legit when you got some dependents too!!

ungzilla

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 993
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2022, 05:36:49 PM »
who doesn't love a good bastard every now and then

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2022, 05:48:34 PM »
Who did you knock up OP?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2022, 07:14:03 PM »
Who did you knock up OP?

I’d prefer a “views on abortion before marriage?” thread

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2022, 07:59:21 PM »
nothing wrong with kids before marriage, i feel like the term marriage could be interchangeable with stability though.
if you're married but have a shitty housing/relationship situation, then it's probably not good.
if you're not married but have stable lives, then go crazy.
life is a big thing, it's kind of shitty to bring another one in when you can't give it a solid start.
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2022, 08:37:03 PM »
Expand Quote
no sex before marriage. for sure.
[close]
It's the other way around, actually. No sex AFTER marriage.
Wife and I were texting about “doing it” tonight but then we had Mexican food and ice cream, I took a giant shit, and now we’re just staring at our phones.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2022, 05:38:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
no sex before marriage. for sure.
[close]
It's the other way around, actually. No sex AFTER marriage.
[close]
Wife and I were texting about “doing it” tonight but then we had Mexican food and ice cream, I took a giant shit, and now we’re just staring at our phones.

Ah, life past 30...

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2022, 06:53:06 AM »
Do yourself a favor and flush it out.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1562
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2022, 07:15:35 AM »
Do yourself a favor and flush it out.

RIP Barnabas Reynolds
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1489
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2022, 09:04:18 AM »
Just a thought about kids in general. We were all a kid before we became who we are.

If you had great parents and provided for you and gave you support, then you should be ready to be able to do the same or better for your own kids before you even have one.

If your parents were less than ideal, then you know where they came up short and you had better be able to make up for that or else they'll only go through the same cycle you went through.

My own kids are happy and independent thinkers who know the kind of upbringing I went through. One of them is graduating high school in a few months and thinking of moving out. My wife hates that but if you are a good parent, that means you gave them everything to feel like they can make it out on their own whether or not they succeed. At a certain point, they are you when you decided to leave home. Don't be a jerk and hold them back.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2022, 09:29:48 AM »
mandatory

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1093
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2022, 07:32:30 PM »

I don’t think you need to be married to have kids. I don’t even think you need to be in a relationship to have them. You don’t need 2 parents. It makes shit easier but not always better. If you can afford to take care of a kid, do whatever you want.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2022, 07:43:17 PM »

I don’t think you need to be married to have kids. I don’t even think you need to be in a relationship to have them. You don’t need 2 parents. It makes shit easier but not always better. If you can afford to take care of a kid, do whatever you want.
You don't technically need two parents but you need multiple people to look after your kid. So unless you have the kids grandparents to help or have some crazy high paying job that somehow doesn't need you to work crazy hours, you're going to want someone else to help.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1622
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2022, 09:46:19 PM »
Dog weddings are weird, regardless if they had puppies or not.

For humans, weddings can be weird, depending on the circumstances.  Having a child to "make it work" is a recipe for disaster. 

Planning and financial preparation is never a bad thing, in addition to talking through parenting style a priori in order to talk through differences in philosophy (although I admit things can change over time). 

I am a stray human who was adopted as a baby. Hectic circumstances, but anyway I advocate for adoption.  That being said, Mr./Mrs. Garrison on South Park made me laugh when they said, "I don't want that fuck trash!" Then I felt sad. But then I felt happy later.

Full disclosure: I do not have any kids.  I do not have a wife, ex-wife, girlfriend, or any prospects whatsoever.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2022, 11:52:04 PM »
Dog weddings are weird, regardless if they had puppies or not.

For humans, weddings can be weird, depending on the circumstances.  Having a child to "make it work" is a recipe for disaster. 

Planning and financial preparation is never a bad thing, in addition to talking through parenting style a priori in order to talk through differences in philosophy (although I admit things can change over time). 

I am a stray human who was adopted as a baby. Hectic circumstances, but anyway I advocate for adoption.  That being said, Mr./Mrs. Garrison on South Park made me laugh when they said, "I don't want that fuck trash!" Then I felt sad. But then I felt happy later.

Full disclosure: I do not have any kids.  I do not have a wife, ex-wife, girlfriend, or any prospects whatsoever.
A dog wedding is a clear sign people have been babied way too much and can't function as proper adults.
The financial thing makes sense but it's a dangerous line because it ends with hey poor people don't have kids. Only us rich people get to repopulate.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 442
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2022, 01:16:08 AM »
I think the important thing is the quality of the relationship and the commitment to take care of the kid no matter what, people don’t have to be married to do that.

Personally, marriage has been very good for me, it has definitely helped me commit, and as everyone on here knows that significantly raises the chances of landing the trick. And if you eat shit at least you know you really tried.

Don’t have a kid yet but looking forward to it.

El Nugjar

• Rep: -19
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2022, 02:19:54 AM »
My wife and I have been together for 8 years, married for 1. We have a 5 year old son. It’s not for everyone. I like my kid, but when it comes to other peoples kids; fuck that, get them away from me.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1151
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2022, 11:22:14 AM »
It’s not even legal to get married to your dog
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2022, 12:40:21 PM »
It’s not even legal to get married to your dog
Just you wait. They already legalized gay marriage. It's a slippery slope.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.