Author Topic: McSame picked a women VP  (Read 34689 times)

sebastian toombs

Re: McSame picked a women VP
« Reply #90 on: September 01, 2008, 06:30:13 PM »
wait, her hsuband has a fucking GOATEE??!    im sorry, but theres no way that shit can be vice-presidential material...   

Novella

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #91 on: September 01, 2008, 06:40:00 PM »
How is this anymore relevant than Obama's pastor. If you really want to attack the McCain campaign personally you should point out that he failed his Navy Schooling and recieved better treatment as a POW because of his connections.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2008, 09:19:41 PM »

How can you support someone who has done essentially nothing in the US senate?

How can you support someone who has wasted the most taxpayer’s money on travel?

How do you justify the fact that he ahs been the head of the European Affairs Sub-committee for a little over a year now and has yet to call a meeting?

Hell, can you even give me one good reason why you support this candidate?

Keep voting on peripheral issues.

You moron. All those issues you just mentioned are peripheral issues. You know why to vote for Obama?

"Its the economy stupid!"
Look what 8 years of republican economic policy has done to this nation. A more liberal approach is needed in times like these, and of the two major candidates, Obama is the one that offers this. McCain offers more conservative economic bullshit, like special favors to the rich and powerful, that led our economy down the shitter.
Another side issue- The War in Iraq- right now, not even Bush wants to stay much longer. Its clearly wrapping up and there is no good reason to want to stay, but McCain wants it anyway.
Also, if we want to base this on judgment- Obama risked his political career to say Iraq was a mistake when it took a lot of balls to say that. He turned out to be right. Its a profile in courage. He said the right thing when it was unpopular to do so and was proven right. McCain was wrong, and made the stupid, crazy, and/or cowardly position.

What possible reason would you vote for an old man who wants to continue with policies that have led this country into ruin? Maybe you aren't, but you seem to think McCain is some sort of clear choice the way you challenge Obama voters.

And Newton- you attack me personally, I attack you personally right back. I have a whole laundry list of ways to make you look and feel like nothing but a naive little kid.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

BabyKillaSeason

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
    • AnotherDudeWithABlog avatar image
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2008, 09:26:28 PM »
i'd hit her, and her pregnant daughter.

and the baby?

fuck it.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2008, 09:29:33 PM »
How is this anymore relevant than Obama's pastor. If you really want to attack the McCain campaign personally you should point out that he failed his Navy Schooling and recieved better treatment as a POW because of his connections.

Alright. Enough talk about Palin's daughter. You don't even want me to get started on McCain's daughters.
ableSkateMag.com

HoovUCDC

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2008, 01:56:22 PM »
Stewart and Colbert talking about her

Novella

• Rep: 0
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2008, 05:57:54 PM »
Expand Quote

How do you justify the fact that he ahs been the head of the European Affairs Sub-committee for a little over a year now and has yet to call a meeting?

[close]
Expand Quote
[close]

You moron. All those issues you just mentioned are peripheral issues. You know why to vote for Obama?

Look what 8 years of republican economic policy has done to this nation. A more liberal approach is needed in times like these, and of the two major candidates, Obama is the one that offers this. McCain offers more conservative economic bullshit, like special favors to the rich and powerful, that led our economy down the shitter.
Another side issue- The War in Iraq- right now, not even Bush wants to stay much longer. Its clearly wrapping up and there is no good reason to want to stay, but McCain wants it anyway.
Also, if we want to base this on judgment- Obama risked his political career to say Iraq was a mistake when it took a lot of balls to say that. He turned out to be right. Its a profile in courage. He said the right thing when it was unpopular to do so and was proven right. McCain was wrong, and made the stupid, crazy, and/or cowardly position.

What possible reason would you vote for an old man who wants to continue with policies that have led this country into ruin? Maybe you aren't, but you seem to think McCain is some sort of clear choice the way you challenge Obama voters.

And Newton- you attack me personally, I attack you personally right back. I have a whole laundry list of ways to make you look and feel like nothing but a naive little kid.

Wait. So a candidate’s complete lack of administrative experience is peripheral when he is being considered for the highest administrative office. (Something which you criticized Pallin you fucking hypocrite) A candidate’s unethical use of taxpayer’s dollars is peripheral when he is immersed in a profession that is known for corruption? A candidate’s refusal to perform his duties is a peripheral issue? Who’s the moron here exactly?

The rest of this argument is just ridiculous. Explain to me in your own words how Obama’s economic policy is good. Please highlight at any text I have typed that is indicative of supporting McCain.

danker peaches

« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2008, 06:11:37 PM »
I wish people cared so much about Canada's leaders

Rocuronium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2008, 07:43:47 PM »
From the NYT article about this issue: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/02/us/politics/02vetting.html

At the least, Republicans close to the campaign said it was increasingly apparent that Ms. Palin had been selected as Mr. McCain’s running mate with more haste than McCain advisers initially described.

Up until midweek last week, some 48 to 72 hours before Mr. McCain introduced Ms. Palin at a Friday rally in Dayton, Ohio, Mr. McCain was still holding out the hope that he could choose a good friend, Senator Joseph I. Lieberman, independent of Connecticut, a Republican close to the campaign said. Mr. McCain had also been interested in another favorite, former Gov. Tom Ridge of Pennsylvania.

But both men favor abortion rights, anathema to the Christian conservatives who make up a crucial base of the Republican Party. As word leaked out that Mr. McCain was seriously considering the men, the campaign was bombarded by outrage from influential conservatives who predicted an explosive floor fight at the convention and vowed rejection of Mr. Ridge or Mr. Lieberman by the delegates.

With time running out — and as Mr. McCain discarded two safer choices, Gov. Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota and former Gov. Mitt Romney of Massachusetts, as too predictable — he turned to Ms. Palin. He had his first face-to-face interview with her on Thursday and offered her the job moments later. Advisers to Mr. Pawlenty and another of the finalists on Mr. McCain’s list described an intensive vetting process for those candidates that lasted one to two months.

“They didn’t seriously consider her until four or five days from the time she was picked, before she was asked, maybe the Thursday or Friday before,” said a Republican close to the campaign. “This was really kind of rushed at the end, because John didn’t get what he wanted. He wanted to do Joe or Ridge.”
[img]https://i.pinimg.com/236x/59/48/b8/5948b85016497192c5b5df8b620f75db.jpg[img]

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2008, 08:15:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Wait. So a candidate’s complete lack of administrative experience is peripheral when he is being considered for the highest administrative office.  (Something which you criticized Pallin you fucking hypocrite) A candidate’s unethical use of taxpayer’s dollars is peripheral when he is immersed in a profession that is known for corruption? A candidate’s refusal to perform his duties is a peripheral issue? Put in bold to point out the way you reframed the experience question as well as the wording of the rest of your questions Who’s the moron here exactly?

The rest of this argument is just ridiculous. Explain to me in your own words how Obama’s economic policy is good. Please highlight at any text I have typed that is indicative of supporting McCain.
I clearly wrote that it appears that you support McCain- you have defended him consistently,  You are defending his choice of Palin right now and your name calling shows that what I say bothers you.* Also, you question people who support Obama as to why they do. You don't have to say in exact words "I support John McCain," to clearly be siding with him. Maybe its a devil's advocate position-- but I don't know you so I can't know that, and you are defending him. You even use Republican talking points.
As for you calling me a hypocrit. Sarah Palin has no experience in Washington D.C. Obama Does. Sarah Palin has no experience in international relations, Obama does. Sarah Palin, as governor, is responsible for less people than Barack OBama was as a STATE senator in Illinois, and has held her position for less time than he held his state positions, and has been in statewide politics for less time that Barack Obama has been in national politics. If the only experience that counts is administrative or in the executive role, then John McCain has no experience either. Obviously Senatorial experience does count, and because it does, Barack has more experience than Sarah Palin who still has never even been responsible for even a million people. So no, its not hypocritical for me to say somebody with less than two years of experience in statewide politics isn't ready for prime time while Obama is.
As far as those questions, I don't find him traveling a lot to be corrupt, he does handle a very large constituency, and has obviously been getting involved in a lot of fact finding missions recently while running for president that make him a more effective Senator and better ready to be president. Some trips, including the most recent fact finding mission to Iraq, when Maliki endorsed Obama's plan, he was challenged by McCain to go on. The fact that he hasn't made many votes or been to many meetings in the past year is pretty easy to explain- he's been kind of busy doing this thing called running for president. I can get passed your angry accusations, and bet that during high campaigning time McCain, Clinton and Obama all have missed a lot of time in the senate. Still, I can vote for Obama over that bumbling old man.
My argument is not ridiculous at all. I know its easy to refute an argument by calling it ridiculous and not giving any explaination to its flaws, but please don't do that anymore. Conservative economic policies result in what we are seeing today and what we saw in the great depression as well as the 1890's. There is a total lack of government oversight of large business right now. Every time a president comes into office that lets big business do whatever they want, the big businesses get rich off of exploitation at first, then the bottom comes crashing out. Its exactly what happened in the past year or so. Traditionally, more liberal presidents have done a far better job of reigning in big business and of making sure oversight occurs. Both Roosevelts did- even though Teddy was a republican, his domestic policies resemble what you would call a liberal. Clinton helped reign in economic problems that were starting to show themselves after Bush and Reagan left office. You could point out that often times things go too far to the left, stifling growth, and it takes a republican to reallign things. However at the current time I trust the guy who has more liberal tendencies because our current economic problems have resulted from conservative economic principals. I feel a more liberal economic policy would be a good solution, because you know, I looked back into us history and found that it tends to work that way time after time. Also, Obama's tax policy gives a better tax rate to 95% of Americans and according to independent studies that factor in the military budget, Obama's budget is tighter, and McCain's huge military budget would tip his budget into deficits. I think it counts as an answer to your "One good reason" question.
*In bold in case you challenge me on it

cheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2008, 07:27:00 AM »
http://cheepshit.tumblr.com/
the worst in jacksonville skateboarding

Al Bania

• Rep: 42
    • Orchard! avatar image
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2008, 08:43:59 AM »

Sony MDR V2 headphones

« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2008, 01:47:28 PM »
What exactly is wrong with drilling in Alaska and foreign oil independence?

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2008, 01:59:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Drilling in Alaska won't create foreign oiil independence. It would take years and a lot of money and work to be invested, and in the end, that oil won't solve all of our needs and would probably only drop oil prices by a few cents a gallon.. Also, it destroys some of the last unspoiled land in America. Its a wildlife reserve- and part of the deal with that is that you can't develop that land. So basically, it would be a slow, small fix that would permanently ruin part fo the environment. It would extend our reliance on Oil, and probably would help give more power to middle eastern Oil powers. Also, there is a huge amount of land that is reserved for oil drilling already, it seems stupid to skip that land to go for the wildlife refuge. What we need to do is focus on alternative energy sources and figuring out how to get the infrastructure for them, drill in areas that we already have approved for drilling, and ween ourselves off of oil entirely.  Also, drilling in ANWR won't stop the global warming problems.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2008, 02:44:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
it would take around 10 years for that oil to have any effect. they would need to build more refinery's and upgrade those that already exist (most are in pretty bad shape, anyway). plus everything gipper said. finding alternatives that aren't ethanol based should be the main focus.

Sony MDR V2 headphones

« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2008, 04:31:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
it would take around 10 years for that oil to have any effect. they would need to build more refinery's and upgrade those that already exist (most are in pretty bad shape, anyway). plus everything gipper said. finding alternatives that aren't ethanol based should be the main focus.

I agree that finding other sources of energy would be the best solution, but how far away is that from reality? Both drilling in ANWR and funding an alternative energy source in the billions are some pretty big risks. Only 8% (I realize a percentage like that still means over a million acres of land) of The Arctic National Wildlife Refuge is being looked at for oil.  I think if we could discipline ourselves by cutting down on driving a ton while exploring segregated parts of ANWR and drilling offshore with limitations, but at the same time testing alternative energy sources we could break our ties with foreign oil and oil all together. I also realize there may not be as much oil as anticipated, and we could have another Iraq-esque situation to deal with. That's why there should be strict limitations.

I wish Nikla Tesla was around today, he could fix all of this garbage.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: September 03, 2008, 05:47:43 PM »
i highly recommend listening to this program about oil from npr

http://www.whyy.org/rameta/RT/2008/RT20080721_20.ram

danker peaches

« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2008, 06:04:29 PM »
I hope that the us just doesn't claim that Canada has weapons of WMD after Iraq is done

Sony MDR V2 headphones

« Reply #108 on: September 03, 2008, 06:22:19 PM »

would you happen to have that in another format?

my shitty windows 2000 computer doesn't support realplayer.

Gatoraids

« Reply #109 on: September 03, 2008, 06:39:09 PM »

From another message board
Ah, the beauty of raw feeds and hot mics. Former Reagan speechwriter Peggy Noonan and former McCain adviser Mike Murphy let slip how they really feel about Palin (starts about 20 seconds in):

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #110 on: September 03, 2008, 08:16:25 PM »

hopefully this is the story where they talk about the price of oil compared to the real value of money (adjusted for inflation). in that piece they talk about how before the price of oil started going up after we invaded Iraq, the price of oil was equivalent to what it had be in something like 1913. basically, oil was long over due for an increase in price as a commodity.

on the other hand, it's long over due on obsolescence for a lot of it's uses if you take into account things like the environment and cost. the bright side of this oil crisis is that it's giving us a second chance to learn our lessons that we should have learned after the oil crisis in the 70s. how does it make sense as a nation for us to be shipping all our money overseas, making other nations rich to sustain one industry in our nation at the expense of other emerging industries that could be based on technology's that use industry's that we are currently subsidizing, namely farming. These new industries would make us a world leader in newer, cheaper, cleaner sources of energy's and the main provider of the resource that this technology uses. Imagine how much money OPEC will get from China alone in the next 50 years; why not get a piece of that while at the same time pulling our on piece out of their pie?

ethanol bitches, that's where it's at. Obama's down with it and here's an article with a Texas Oil billionaire who discusses why we should move away from oil and too ethanol: http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/126/a-mighty-wind.html?page=0%2C2 (note: if we made the switch this fool would be one of the biggest players in ethanol and Obama also has ties but that doesn't mean it's not a good idea.)

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #111 on: September 03, 2008, 08:22:15 PM »
it mainly talks about why drilling offshore and in alaska will not create any more independence, but a number of other things are discussed, too.

ethanol is pretty awful. it's production is energy intensive, it damages engines in older cars and crops that should be used for food are instead used to create ethanol because farmers can make more money selling it for fuel.

sebastian toombs

« Reply #112 on: September 03, 2008, 08:23:33 PM »
   arent agricultural exports (rice, corn, wheat, and soya for food) one of the only things that helps keep america's balance of trade borderline respectable?  if that all gets used for oil substitution, what would happen to food prices?

a friend recently argued that today's americans are more dependent on corn than the aztecs or mayans were.  time to start worshipping the sun gods!

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #113 on: September 03, 2008, 08:31:16 PM »
I've been too busy to post for a while but holy shit I cannot BELIEVE that they picked this woman:

"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2008, 08:49:16 PM »
   arent agricultural exports (rice, corn, wheat, and soya for food) one of the only things that helps keep america's balance of trade borderline respectable?  if that all gets used for oil substitution, what would happen to food prices?

a friend recently argued that today's americans are more dependent on corn than the aztecs or mayans were.  time to start worshipping the sun gods!

i'd love to see some data backing that but i seriously doubt it. otherwise why would we need to subsidize the farming industry so heavily and why wouldn't more people be getting into farming? if the demand was as you describe it, it'd be a self-sustained industry that would be rapidly growing and not need bailouts.

anyone remember farm aid?

that's not the kind of thing that happens in a highly demanded commodity market.

ethanol is pretty awful. it's production is energy intensive,

could be bad, but "energy intensive" is relative. got any data to back that?

it damages engines in older cars

i'm pretty sure most alternatives would require completely new vehicles and also there's "bad" for middle income or lower consumers in the short term and then good for everyone in the long term. if switching to ethanol meant a huge savings in fuel expense and the cars that run well are mainly made in the USA, is that bad? not too me. i'd buy a new car that's save me 200 a month in gas and revitalize american auto making and farming at the same time.

and crops that should be used for food are instead used to create ethanol because farmers can make more money selling it for fuel.

who says they should be used for food? who said we couldn't match the production? and how is farmers making more money a bad deal? also, organic is good for food but probably not an issue for ethanol. so who's to say we couldn't industrialize it with hydroponic technology? and how's anyone not back the dro?

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2008, 08:54:44 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
it's everywhere. one of the first hits in google:
http://www.organicconsumers.org/Politics/ethanol042005.cfm

Making ethanol from corn uses up to six times more energy than it produces because of all of the fossil fuel required, according to Tad Patzek, a professor of civil and environmental engineering at the University of California at Berkeley. "It destroys an ecosystem that could sustain itself, but now cannot do so," he said.

Patzek said that Brazil, which relies heavily on ethanol produced from industrially grown sugar cane, is rapidly depleting its soil.

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2008, 08:57:59 PM »
Hydrogen. IMO.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/BUSINESS/08/19/zimbabwe.inflation/index.html
And apparently bio fuel caused that^^^^
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 09:00:15 PM by KrookedEyes »
The answer is Dutch Masters, you fat fucking catastrophe.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2008, 09:05:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
it's everywhere. one of the first hits in google:
http://www.organicconsumers.org/Politics/ethanol042005.cfm

Making ethanol from corn uses up to six times more energy than it produces because of all of the fossil fuel required, according to Tad Patzek, a professor of civil and environmental engineering at the University of California at Berkeley. "It destroys an ecosystem that could sustain itself, but now cannot do so," he said.

Patzek said that Brazil, which relies heavily on ethanol produced from industrially grown sugar cane, is rapidly depleting its soil.

but corn's only one source, sugar cane or cellulosic crops such as switchgrass produce good ratios. switchgrass also wouldn't suffer from the "but it's food angle". and if farmers can still make more money off corn, cool. doesn't really matter where it comes from, as long as it's home grown.

It is disputed whether corn ethanol as an automotive fuel results in a net energy gain or loss. As reported in "The Energy Balance of Corn Ethanol: an Update,"[48] the energy returned on energy invested (EROEI) for ethanol made from corn in the U.S. is 1.34 (it yields 34% more energy than it takes to produce it). Input energy includes natural gas based fertilizers, farm equipment, transformation from corn or other materials, and transportation. However, other researchers report that the production of ethanol consumes more energy than it yields.[49][50] In comparison, sugar cane ethanol EROEI is at around 8 (it yields 8 joules for each joule used to produce it).[citation needed] Recent research suggests that cellulosic crops such as switchgrass provide a much better net energy production than corn, producing over five times as much energy as the total used to produce the crop and convert it to fuel.[51] If this research is confirmed, cellulosic crops will most likely displace corn as the main fuel crop for producing bioethanol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol#Food_versus_fuel_debate

so assuming that it'd mainly be switchgrass and that we'd have too buy a newer vehicle too benifit from the newer fuel (both reasonable assumptions), do you still see compelling arguements against it? surely it's not horrible, especially compared to oil which that oil billionare i linked too above projected would be 6-8 bucks a gallon in 5 years.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2008, 09:13:33 PM »
Hydrogen. IMO.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/BUSINESS/08/19/zimbabwe.inflation/index.html
And apparently bio fuel caused that^^^^

and hydrogen doesn't provide as much of an economic side effect verticle industires as ethanol would. also if food prices soar, then farmers all over the world will start growing more as it will create more demand so i think it would stabalize even if ethanol did cause inflation at first.

"Electric cars—and plug-in hybrid cars—have an enormous advantage over hydrogen fuel-cell vehicles in utilizing low-carbon electricity. That is because of the inherent inefficiency of the entire hydrogen fueling process, from generating the hydrogen with that electricity to transporting this diffuse gas long distances, getting the hydrogen in the car, and then running it through a fuel cell—all for the purpose of converting the hydrogen back into electricity to drive the same exact electric motor you'll find in an electric car

i'd vote electric over hydrogen. the only down side to electric seems to be the chore of having too plug in each night. and if you did run out of charge, then what? just stuck?

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2008, 09:25:12 PM »
Ethanol is a terrible idea.

Hydrogen or electric could easily happen, people gotta demand it, and stop buying SUVs, and gas if they want prices to come down temporarily.

Drilling and fucking up the earth everywhere will not result in any new fuel for 10 years.

I CANT STOP WATCHING THIS CLIP

HOW COULD THEY PICK THIS WOMAN?

"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari