Author Topic: New Supreme Full Length "Play Dead"  (Read 62843 times)

Mantracker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
Re: New Supreme Full Length "Play Dead"
« Reply #630 on: December 02, 2022, 08:23:01 AM »
That was fucking great

I didn’t think the filming* was as bad as some of you have made it out to be. The only trick I was really bummed on the filming was the fakie heel D7 because it should’ve looked way bigger

TJ SOTY ROUND 2 LETS GO

« Last Edit: December 02, 2022, 12:15:49 PM by Mantracker »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1309
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #631 on: December 02, 2022, 08:40:13 AM »
Aiden Mackey rolling up to the Sombrero like:

If someone could photoshop his head and hands on the fruit bat that'd be hilarious.
Untitled by
I have bootleg phone photoshop so forgive me.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #632 on: December 02, 2022, 09:11:30 AM »
i was able to put on this hour long video when some other people my age (40-50) were over with their kids and watch the whole thing with some other non-skaters who didn't get bored and found it entertaining. i think that's what bills trying to accomplish. there's no way other more skate oriented full lengths would hold non-skaters attention for an hour. someone made the comment "it's like that movie kids from the 90s but for real".

i watched nyjah's part way more than i'll end up watching this thing. wouldn't want to sit through it again. they could have used a way better metallica song.

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -316
« Reply #633 on: December 02, 2022, 09:11:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Aiden Mackey rolling up to the Sombrero like:

If someone could photoshop his head and hands on the fruit bat that'd be hilarious.
[close]
Untitled by
I have bootleg phone photoshop so forgive me.

Hahahhahahah amazing, thank you!

BALAKOV

• Rep: 17
« Reply #634 on: December 02, 2022, 09:21:59 AM »
is Patrick not on the team? He has a bunch of clips but is only credited as a special appearance

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 502
« Reply #636 on: December 02, 2022, 09:31:02 AM »
haha this video has to be a joke at some point. how can this be a video meant to be serious?
the filming is bad throughout, only a handful of clips where you can see the skater in full. otherwise it is face, zoom out, feet and deck zoom in, zoom out and get some body and/or face when rolling away. yeah sure it's style - lol, not really, it's like missing essential parts of skateboarding. then combine this with fucking metallica haha and like what four pop shovit tailgrabs in a video of a clothing brand that is allegedly for the cool kids and shit like that. haha - funny video. some good skating in there, but it is buried quite deeply, and also it is hard to be identified because of the funky filming which misses its point, capturing skateboarding stunts. the pyramid ledge tricks upwards were specifically bad but nothing really tops the subway kickflip.

tl;dr:

Wow great filming, very cool, thanks Bill!

bohemian

• Rep: -330
« Reply #637 on: December 02, 2022, 09:49:20 AM »
Expand Quote
So... what's worse, Ty or Bill?
[close]

im going with bill. whole vibe is just so contrived. missing full parts from heavy hitters like swan, sage, kader

hard call though after that christian rock song ty put over nigels part....but we could see the tricks at least

agree. also tys stationary longlenses are pretty good. none of bills clips are good at all.

TittyCity

• Rep: 6
« Reply #638 on: December 02, 2022, 09:56:04 AM »
Strobeck is a fucking creep.

Spongeborg30000

• Rep: 1
« Reply #639 on: December 02, 2022, 09:57:00 AM »

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #640 on: December 02, 2022, 10:08:03 AM »
i was able to put on this hour long video when some other people my age (40-50) were over with their kids and watch the whole thing with some other non-skaters who didn't get bored and found it entertaining. i think that's what bills trying to accomplish. there's no way other more skate oriented full lengths would hold non-skaters attention for an hour. someone made the comment "it's like that movie kids from the 90s but for real".

i watched nyjah's part way more than i'll end up watching this thing. wouldn't want to sit through it again. they could have used a way better metallica song.
They were just being polite you ruined the night for everyone. They're already thinking up excuses to not come around for xmas

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #641 on: December 02, 2022, 10:14:31 AM »
troy gipson should've had a whole part instead of being scattered everywhere, probably had the best clips.

i hope strobeck retires. the shaky dad cam running down steps to shove the camera in a random girls face was the nail in the coffin for me.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

never_comply

• Rep: 1
« Reply #642 on: December 02, 2022, 10:29:34 AM »

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #643 on: December 02, 2022, 10:30:37 AM »
I understand none of this would exist without Bill but why did it have to be him. Not so much a lame video as it's just a Bill video. Don't even think it's my favorite. I think I like Candyland more
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #644 on: December 02, 2022, 10:54:12 AM »
Security guy and pedestrians attack was shameful..

IpathCats

« Reply #645 on: December 02, 2022, 10:56:08 AM »
troy gipson should've had a whole part instead of being scattered everywhere, probably had the best clips.

i hope strobeck retires. the shaky dad cam running down steps to shove the camera in a random girls face was the nail in the coffin for me.

All of his interactions with people made me cringe.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
« Reply #646 on: December 02, 2022, 11:02:13 AM »
I wish Sage had more clips.

And where did that Sully kid come from, and can I have some more!?
Do you get deja vu, huh?

niketiburon

• Rep: 5
« Reply #647 on: December 02, 2022, 11:03:25 AM »
the shaky dad cam running down steps to shove the camera in a random girls face was the nail in the coffin for me.

oh man, that moment was fucking cringe

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #648 on: December 02, 2022, 11:04:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
They were just being polite you ruined the night for everyone. They're already thinking up excuses to not come around for xmas

I’m sure you’re mostly joking but they seemed more interested in it than I’d be in a football game in same situation. They chilled and mostly watched the whole thing. We have a big house with lots of other places to chill. They seemed to enjoy it voyeuristically as a view into this underground thing happening in NY. I think the music, diversity of skaters and then slams, hyjinx ect… made it interesting. The fireworks part got a huge reaction.

They did say the part where bill asks the girl about sully was pretty cringe and that the guys are all portrayed as the bad asses and the one girl was like “OMG I LOVE HIS HAIR”. But over all dug it.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
« Reply #649 on: December 02, 2022, 11:13:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I’m sure you’re mostly joking but they seemed more interested in it than I’d be in a football game in same situation. They chilled and mostly watched the whole thing. We have a big house with lots of other places to chill. They seemed to enjoy it voyeuristically as a view into this underground thing happening in NY. I think the music, diversity of skaters and then slams, hyjinx ect… made it interesting. The fireworks part got a huge reaction.

They did say the part where bill asks the girl about sully was pretty cringe and that the guys are all portrayed as the bad asses and the one girl was like “OMG I LOVE HIS HAIR”. But over all dug it.

Look at Mr. Bighouse over here with his friends and a big house! I bet you feel like a rock hard working man being all Mr. Bighouse!!

… *adopt me please*
Do you get deja vu, huh?

backfliptofiftyfifty

• Rep: -145
  • commitment issues (in life and skating)
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #650 on: December 02, 2022, 11:19:07 AM »

Safariferrari

• Rep: 42
« Reply #651 on: December 02, 2022, 11:21:05 AM »

Troy actually had about 3 full min of clips, easily could have had a standalone part. Seven and Patrick had almost 2 full min. Idk why patrick isn't credited on the main poster or in the tags he put in work.

dill8849

• Rep: -41
« Reply #652 on: December 02, 2022, 11:35:27 AM »

tonyhawksmanywives

• Rep: 9
Re: New Supreme Full Length "Play Dead" Coming Soon
« Reply #653 on: December 02, 2022, 12:34:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
How do we all hate carumia so much but supreme gets A pass ?
[close]

I dislike both but how are they even in the same league of shit?
[close]

I’ll take the shitty shoe company , who are paying a bunch of skaters to skate , over the elitism , over priced , overhyped skate fashion brand. Even if they have good skaters on the team.
[close]

You do realize Supreme started as a skate shop right ?
[close]

McDonald's started as one location. Doesn't mean a ton.

Supreme is owned by a giant corporation larger than Cariuma's backing. At this point Supremes got as much connection to it's origin as a skate shop as any other major corporation has to is roots 30 years on. It's a soulless vessel of Capitalism only accountable to it's investors and profits.

I don't say that to excuse Cariuma nor discredit any of Supremes contributions to skateboarding, but come on.

Anyone who legitimately buys Supreme products is a bit sad, don't you think? Weird brand fetishizing. Anyone who buys something as a status symbol really gives me a giant red flag about that person's values and how comfortable they feel in their own skin.

Say what you will about Cariuma (and it will all be legitimate critique) but at least they aren't selling $50 t shirts and $150 hoodies like I am looking at on Supremes website right now.

Edit: lol looked at Cariuma's website and their t shirts go up to $45. Who the fuck would buy that lol...

I think the big difference between cariuma and supreme (although now they are just capitalist shells) is that supreme started in skateboarding. Cariuma was just a regular shoe company before they started their skate division.

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #654 on: December 02, 2022, 12:34:35 PM »
maybe the best Nik part

jesse albas chin

• Rep: -1
« Reply #655 on: December 02, 2022, 12:39:32 PM »
maybe the best Nik part

anyone know what pants he was wearing

PisstickleTypeExperience

• Rep: -1
« Reply #656 on: December 02, 2022, 01:22:38 PM »
Imagine kickflipping an entire metro track but Strobek only filmed your feet

Edit: fucking lol, typed this before I even saw that comic above

Decent vid but can't hold a candle to Pablo IMO

Carlisle, T Funk, Nick Garcia, Deedz, and Nigel are still way better candidates than Ty for SOTY

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #657 on: December 02, 2022, 02:16:47 PM »
Blasphemy

After big pants small wheels comes era of top talent with butchered footage :(

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #658 on: December 02, 2022, 02:24:16 PM »
Expand Quote
maybe the best Nik part
[close]

you cant afford them (thats the cool part)

CurbyPuckit

• Rep: -40
« Reply #659 on: December 02, 2022, 02:37:09 PM »
Expand Quote
maybe the best Nik part
[close]

Nobody knows, nobody cares