Author Topic: What are you most picky about when making a new setup?  (Read 6509 times)

sammyz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 82
Re: What are you most picky about when making a new setup?
« Reply #120 on: December 12, 2021, 02:51:54 AM »
A diagonal cut out strip on the grip tape, on the tail.

Trucks smaller than deck, i don’t want to see the axle bolt even when bending down to pop

juniormint

• Rep: 142
« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2021, 10:38:03 AM »

Loophole has eclipsed Dial Tone in street cred for me. But I prefer F4 because of the size. The F4 og classic is 99a. I need 101a 58mm tears.
If I loophole had a 58mm wheel I'd never skate another brand. There's no way I'm the only one who wants this. If I lived in SF I'd go to the package store and go to the office give everyone beers

Make friends

+1

Lazyskater

• Rep: 5
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2021, 06:33:05 AM »
Expand Quote

Loophole has eclipsed Dial Tone in street cred for me. But I prefer F4 because of the size. The F4 og classic is 99a. I need 101a 58mm tears.
If I loophole had a 58mm wheel I'd never skate another brand. There's no way I'm the only one who wants this. If I lived in SF I'd go to the package store and go to the office give everyone beers

Make friends

[close]

+1

Loophole doesn't make the wheels, nfg does. Loophole only markets. Nfg has 58 in v shape https://www.nfgmfg.com/shop

juniormint

• Rep: 142
« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2021, 07:29:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Make friends

[close]

+1
[close]

Loophole doesn't make the wheels, nfg does. Loophole only markets. Nfg has 58 in v shape https://www.nfgmfg.com/shop

Yes, but do they make a 58 in the teardrop shape?

djoekr

• Rep: 313
« Reply #124 on: December 13, 2021, 07:47:02 AM »
- Standard grip on popsicles, 80s inspired grip on shaped decks
- Grip job has to be flawless, wouldn't be the first time that I ripped a fresh sheet off just because the store made a visible fold to make the sheet fit the package
- No grip nipples
- If I'm running rails on a setup, they need to be perfectly placed and parallel to the deck

I really dread gripping my decks as I'm way too much of a perfectionist about the proces. I don't care about getting it dirty/destroyed, as long as my grip job isn't to blame.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it