Author Topic: the photography thread.  (Read 717044 times)

idealhandmades

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
Re: the photography thread.
« Reply #2670 on: January 24, 2012, 09:50:43 AM »
some quality cat photography in there
thanks
have a bonus cat

@idealhandmades

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2671 on: January 24, 2012, 10:02:24 AM »
some quality cat photography in there

i have yet to see non-quality cat photography.

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2672 on: January 24, 2012, 10:28:41 AM »
did anybody say cat photography?
took this when my bro's cat was young and sweet, a few years ago. now the cat's gone mental, woudn't touch the little bastard with chain gloves.

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #2673 on: January 24, 2012, 11:59:06 AM »

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #2674 on: January 24, 2012, 12:06:12 PM »
did anybody say cat photography?
took this when my bro's cat was young and sweet, a few years ago. now the cat's gone mental, woudn't touch the little bastard with chain gloves.

he looks kind of mental there to be honest.

which is a compliment
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2675 on: January 24, 2012, 10:49:34 PM »
so I created tumblr for this bridge project I'm doing. got about 60-100 bridge pics right now, which means there are about 4900 left, haha. I'm glad about any comment I can get from you guys, especially about the look and grammar.

http://thembridges.tumblr.com/
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 10:53:51 PM by Matze »

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2676 on: January 25, 2012, 05:57:38 AM »
so I created tumblr for this bridge project I'm doing. got about 60-100 bridge pics right now, which means there are about 4900 left, haha. I'm glad about any comment I can get from you guys, especially about the look and grammar.

http://thembridges.tumblr.com/
You should make your name more prominent, I would place it place underneath the title.  And change "All pictures are copyright of me, Matthias Winkel." to "Copyright 2011-12" (or whatever the exact years); the use of the word "me" sounds too unprofessional.  A personable, casual tone to text can be OK if done right, check out other artists blogs/ tumblrs for ideas.

I'm unsure of the inclusion of random shots in with the bridge pictures;  it seems it would be more conceptually clean if it were just a bridge a day posted.  By doing the math this project should take 13.5 years, that would be remarkable if you could stick it out.  It would not only provide a visual record of the all the bridges in Hamburg but would also most likely show your development as a photographer and any changes to happen to your style over time.

Maybe consider including the date and time of the picture origination into the caption of the images.

Keep it going!

Brandon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #2677 on: January 25, 2012, 07:59:52 AM »
looking slick, matze.  i'd echo what random matt said, especially with regards to the grammar beneath the site's title and the textual details.

a few of my photos are up on this new-ish website, One Giant Arm.  check it:

http://onegiantarm.com/2012/01/25/brandon-getty/#more-6704
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 08:01:53 AM by Brandon »

Matze

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2678 on: January 25, 2012, 09:23:47 AM »
thanks guys! I just rebuild it a little and got my name there in BIG letters - maybe a little bit too big, haha. I changed the thing about random shots a little, so it explain it a bit better. Maybe I'll find out at some point, that it'll be too much for the blog anyway.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2679 on: January 25, 2012, 01:39:40 PM »
after 6 months, i finally got my grip on the digitalized versions of the last film i shot. i hope its the last one i didnt develop myself. shot with my pentax ME super and a 50mm/1.7

thats what happens when you attach your 8mm samyang fish to your film-slr:

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #2680 on: January 26, 2012, 11:02:36 AM »
some attempts at night time exposures

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2681 on: January 27, 2012, 01:02:48 PM »
Some stuff from the MLK day parade in Baltimore.

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2682 on: January 27, 2012, 02:04:10 PM »
nice portraits .  i take it you're from Baltie? 

i lived there for a few months on 2 separate occasions.  at first i hated it but then i came to appreciate it.  underrated city
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2683 on: January 27, 2012, 02:19:59 PM »

i lived there for a few months on 2 separate occasions.  at first i hated it but then i came to appreciate it.  underrated city
Thanks man! I actually live about 20 minutes outside of Baltimore, but I know a bunch of Baltimore photographers and try and go into the city as much as possible.

When I first moved to the area, I absolutely hated it as well. I had just lived in New York City for 11 years, so coming to "The Murder Capital" wasn't exactly a thrill for me. As I grew up, it's definitely grown on me. It has an incredible art and music scene, but it's hard to get past a lot of the shit going on in that city. Boarded up rowhomes are too common of a sight there and there are areas the cops won't even go through.

But I definitely agree, such an underrated city.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #2684 on: January 28, 2012, 03:10:34 PM »
some quick ones on my nikon j1:

skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

Archie Bunker

• Rep: 17
  • I've got the juice now
« Reply #2685 on: January 28, 2012, 05:45:49 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Thanks man! I actually live about 20 minutes outside of Baltimore, but I know a bunch of Baltimore photographers and try and go into the city as much as possible.

When I first moved to the area, I absolutely hated it as well. I had just lived in New York City for 11 years, so coming to "The Murder Capital" wasn't exactly a thrill for me. As I grew up, it's definitely grown on me. It has an incredible art and music scene, but it's hard to get past a lot of the shit going on in that city. Boarded up rowhomes are too common of a sight there and there are areas the cops won't even go through.

crab cakes, little italy and camden yards are all amazing things about baltimore
Bitch I'm 'bout it 'bout it

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2686 on: January 28, 2012, 06:05:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

crab cakes, little italy and camden yards are all amazing things about baltimore
Can't forget Natty Boh, despite how bad it is  :)

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2687 on: January 28, 2012, 06:23:15 PM »
Developed some black and whites from the parade today.

floop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2688 on: January 28, 2012, 09:09:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

also that record store (can't remember the name of it) in fells point.  and hoagies.  and women calling you "hon"

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2689 on: January 28, 2012, 10:46:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

also that record store (can't remember the name of it) in fells point.  and hoagies.  and women calling you "hon"
Sound Garden! That place is fucking awesome, you can literally find vinyl for almost any album.

DMH

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #2690 on: January 29, 2012, 05:43:25 PM »
Spent a cloudy hour at the local lake, took a few wildlife shots. Especially stoked on the last one.

Councilman Doug

• Rep: 16
« Reply #2691 on: January 29, 2012, 06:54:21 PM »

Hawkinberry by henrification, on Flickr

Belsito by henrification, on Flickr

Fuck Off by henrification, on Flickr

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2692 on: January 30, 2012, 09:01:10 AM »

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2693 on: January 30, 2012, 10:24:38 AM »
it was a nice day.

HBeezy561

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -33
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2694 on: January 30, 2012, 01:17:14 PM »
double exposure flail
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 01:23:46 PM by HBeezy561 »

DirtCity

« Reply #2695 on: January 30, 2012, 08:39:48 PM »
just made myself a tumblr for my photographs and whatnot, check it out and lemme know what you guys think.

JohnMarello.Tumblr.com

Matze

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2696 on: January 31, 2012, 12:26:49 AM »
I realized this morning, that 10 year+ experiance in photography does not prevent you from making very stupid mistakes. I loaded the film with the wrong side to the lens, which means I tried to expose some fucking paper. 5 euro for the garbage can.

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #2697 on: January 31, 2012, 01:49:21 AM »
double exposure flail

I'm into this one. Print that shit.

Fongstarr, your stuff gives me seizures sometimes but I think in a setting like the exploratorium it worked out really well. Reality is trippy.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #2698 on: January 31, 2012, 05:28:36 AM »
just put in that black and white roll i talked about a few pages back to get developed, gonna be 3 weeks till i get it back, pretty annoying but hopefully they'll come out sick. In the mean time gonna load my camera up with some Kodak Elite Chrome film, never tried it before but i'm pretty stoked to see how these come out too.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

Random Matt

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2699 on: January 31, 2012, 07:28:00 AM »
just made myself a tumblr for my photographs and whatnot, check it out and lemme know what you guys think.

JohnMarello.Tumblr.com
That link gave me an "Untitled Download", better not be a virus you mf'er.

No tumblr links, post the pics in the thread.