Author Topic: the Bunt is back  (Read 323374 times)

schralp pal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
Re: the Bunt is back
« Reply #2580 on: November 14, 2023, 03:06:36 PM »
that tre williams episode was low key fire.

AllisonChalmers

• Rep: -41
« Reply #2581 on: November 14, 2023, 04:06:24 PM »
Expand Quote
I have told this story before, but when we were 15 we took the train out to SF and went to Pier 7. It was pretty anxiety inducing with so many pros there and I accidentally snaked York while he was filming. Felt horrible. Dude threw my board off the Pier, later sorrrrta apologised, and Karl ended up giving me a new deck. Most of the pros that were around were at least tolerable to a point and understood that we were just kids trying to figure out how to not fuck up, but he was one of the people that was a low key jerk.
[close]

did you just out yourself as this dude?

omg, nailed it

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2582 on: November 14, 2023, 04:39:02 PM »
York used to follow me on IG in like… 2012. I don’t quite know why.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

LebowskisRug

« Reply #2583 on: November 14, 2023, 10:43:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I have told this story before, but when we were 15 we took the train out to SF and went to Pier 7. It was pretty anxiety inducing with so many pros there and I accidentally snaked York while he was filming. Felt horrible. Dude threw my board off the Pier, later sorrrrta apologised, and Karl ended up giving me a new deck. Most of the pros that were around were at least tolerable to a point and understood that we were just kids trying to figure out how to not fuck up, but he was one of the people that was a low key jerk.
[close]

did you just out yourself as this dude?

[close]

omg, nailed it

Nah, I wish cuz at least it would be memorialized in skate culture somehow. Weird story tho the pants York is wearing were this denim from the Gap that was really popular in SF among skaters for a few years cuz it looked exactly like some Four Star denim that would stain everything. You can tell because of the dark wash. I remember my dumb friend asking someone what size they wore and Rob Welsh was smoking a cig and said "34x34 or if you a G you go 36x36"

Troubadour26

• Rep: 91
« Reply #2584 on: November 15, 2023, 01:00:29 PM »

new one up

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
« Reply #2585 on: November 15, 2023, 02:02:07 PM »
i thought the mike york one was great. the robbie mckinley excerpt just sounded like someone talking about their friend
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Shortys Hardware

• Rep: 113
« Reply #2586 on: November 17, 2023, 02:58:27 PM »
Is this the most flattest season? Already more than halfway through and its been a pretty forgettable one imo...

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #2587 on: November 17, 2023, 11:59:27 PM »
Damn I had high hopes for that Ronnie Kessner episode. Dudes been ripping for a long time and isnt this one of the few (only?) interviews of him? I guess the bunt does have a format to stick to so I get it.

Glad he didnt hold back on the shots though

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

heinzketchup

• Rep: 55
« Reply #2588 on: November 18, 2023, 03:35:21 AM »
Is this the most flattest season? Already more than halfway through and its been a pretty forgettable one imo...

i really liked kalis and stene and rowan, so is disagree
the ronnie kessner pole jam and the landlord story was pretty funny haha

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #2589 on: November 18, 2023, 04:44:23 AM »
I've liked all the episodes, but feels like some of the magic isn't there this season. Felt more like just regular interviews and there's not that many juicy call outs and gunshots and whatnot. Maybe it's just that they're bigger now so people are a bit more reserved

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
« Reply #2590 on: November 18, 2023, 08:24:06 AM »
I think they are pretty strategic and thoughtful in putting them out as the entire season is done and edited..... It'll come. 

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 687
« Reply #2591 on: November 18, 2023, 09:07:41 AM »
I’ve enjoyed every episode. Didn’t know anything about Ronnie. Seems like a good dude.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #2592 on: November 18, 2023, 09:25:49 AM »
I've liked all the episodes, but feels like some of the magic isn't there this season. Felt more like just regular interviews and there's not that many juicy call outs and gunshots and whatnot. Maybe it's just that they're bigger now so people are a bit more reserved
Seems like it. Also we’re now familiar with the interview formula. Additionally, there are more competing podcasts that ask the same questions. Legacy pros have to rehash their past so they have a developed script at a certain point that we hear over and over.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/talkin-schmit/id1445343395?i=1000628525128

Talking Schmidt episode was good with York. They have a history and mutuals so that’s an advantage. Seems like there’s more conversation too. Bunt ep was good too.

nothing's been the since same

Gleefull508

• Rep: 22
« Reply #2593 on: November 18, 2023, 04:18:00 PM »
Damn I had high hopes for that Ronnie Kessner episode. Dudes been ripping for a long time and isnt this one of the few (only?) interviews of him? I guess the bunt does have a format to stick to so I get it.

Pretty sure he went on Angel and Z pod

Shortys Hardware

• Rep: 113
« Reply #2594 on: November 18, 2023, 06:25:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I don't even have to look it up to know that there's no way he was on that pod lol

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -495
« Reply #2595 on: November 18, 2023, 07:01:03 PM »
I thought it was decent, wish they asked him more about the music things. He’s pretty good at it was surprised that wasn’t his dream job after skating.

Him trying to downplay Zion and Jamie’s covid party timeline was pretty hilarious . I remember Robert Neal’s little meltdown tweet that shit was like mid June he’s acting like it was early February. Those dudes full on just said fuck it a went to Vegas at peak covid.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #2596 on: November 21, 2023, 12:21:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

I don't even have to look it up to know that there's no way he was on that pod lol

idk why this comment made me laugh so much haha

Yeah something tells me theres no way

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Lifer

• Rep: 74
« Reply #2597 on: November 21, 2023, 12:43:57 PM »
Dominick Walker is tomorrow

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #2598 on: November 21, 2023, 01:57:37 PM »
Your favorite skater favorite skater
check my music

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2599 on: November 21, 2023, 07:01:01 PM »
Dominick Walker is tomorrow

Oooooweee, them Nyjah stories…
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Troubadour26

• Rep: 91
« Reply #2600 on: November 23, 2023, 12:20:08 AM »

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #2601 on: November 23, 2023, 07:29:19 AM »
id like a reverse bunt where brink asks guests what their favorite thing brinks ever done is

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #2602 on: November 23, 2023, 11:27:12 AM »
id like a reverse bunt where brink asks guests what their favorite thing brinks ever done is
that’s brinkin it

BRINK

• Rep: -940
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2603 on: November 24, 2023, 11:07:09 PM »

You’ll love my new show then.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #2604 on: November 25, 2023, 05:27:09 PM »
Yeah this is the worst Bunt interview I've ever heard. What is it about Socal niggas that makes them so insufferable? I absolutely cant stand the fake humble vibe that so many of them seem to have. That plus the insane amount of Nyjah glazing is ridiculous. Objectively speaking, I don't think most Bunt listeners really care to hear a bunch of Jah stories—not to mention everything else we know about that circle of him, Webb, Loy, etc.

Not really shocking I guess since Dono's a big fan but yeah, this one sucks. Definitely a top 3 worst bunt interview

EDIT: He said the one trick that got away was not learning how to negotiate at a young age??? Bro please shut up.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2023, 02:29:39 AM by planman »

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #2605 on: November 25, 2023, 07:01:52 PM »
I listened to half the interview, was over it, skipped to the rapid fire, it was a big miss. Post office was way better than the interview this week. Dude was just way too insufferable to listen to.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1180
  • old and in the way
« Reply #2606 on: November 25, 2023, 11:06:54 PM »
Yeah this is the worst Bunt interview I've ever heard. What is it about Socal niggas that makes them so insufferable? I absolutely cant stand when the fake humble vibe that so many of them seem to have. That plus the insane amount of Nyjah glazing is ridiculous. Objectively speaking, I don't think most Bunt listeners really care to hear a bunch of Jah stories—not to mention everything else we know about that circle of him, Webb, Loy, etc.

Not really shocking I guess since Dono's a big fan but yeah, this one sucks. Definitely a top 3 worst bunt interview

EDIT: He said the one trick that got away was not learning how to negotiate at a young age??? Bro please shut up.

He’s definitely one of the less intelligent guests this season. I think he actually claimed David Loy as one of his biggest influences via his Rapid Fire.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #2607 on: November 26, 2023, 08:23:14 AM »
Yeah this is the worst Bunt interview I've ever heard. What is it about Socal niggas that makes them so insufferable? I absolutely cant stand when the fake humble vibe that so many of them seem to have. That plus the insane amount of Nyjah glazing is ridiculous. Objectively speaking, I don't think most Bunt listeners really care to hear a bunch of Jah stories—not to mention everything else we know about that circle of him, Webb, Loy, etc.

yeah this one was bad. The whole fake positivity thing is the worst. When he was talking about negotiating you could tell the bunt boys wanted to laugh at him

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1972
« Reply #2608 on: November 26, 2023, 02:43:06 PM »
at this point we’re building barns

TheWineClub

• Rep: 41
« Reply #2609 on: November 26, 2023, 03:50:56 PM »