Would you agree

Yes
149 (48.5%)
No
106 (34.5%)
Results
52 (16.9%)

Total Members Voted: 303

Author Topic: FA should stand for Fucking Awful  (Read 13431 times)

chrisskates808

FA should stand for Fucking Awful
« on: February 16, 2022, 12:33:50 PM »
Used to be a fan when they first started but the aesthetic of it now isn’t my taste anymore

cky enthusiast

Re: FA should stand for Fucking Awful
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 12:36:45 PM »
GOT EM

halfbad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 12:40:18 PM »
Hokey skateboards.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 12:41:35 PM »
The whole image is whack but their decks are a1

Shame they cost 20 quid more than competitors and I feel like a teenager skating them

chrisskates808

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 12:41:57 PM »
Hokey skateboards.
Would prefer the name hockey or hokey 🤣

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2275
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2022, 12:45:29 PM »
This thread is FA.

9inchdeck

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2022, 12:50:31 PM »
Never been a fan. Jason Dill is a kook and AVE is overrated. People dickride them, Supreme, and that whole northeastern scene way too hard. The skaters have talent no doubt, but their knees-down hyper zoom filming and edits are simply intolerable. Not to mention that the name itself makes me cringe.

chrisskates808

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2022, 12:55:03 PM »
Never been a fan. Jason Dill is a kook and AVE is overrated. People dickride them, Supreme, and that whole northeastern scene way too hard. The skaters have talent no doubt, but their knees-down hyper zoom filming and edits are simply intolerable. Not to mention that the name itself makes me cringe.

Have to second the filming because people have been copying it and will stop watching videos with that style of shooting

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -67
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2022, 01:00:38 PM »

lmao

you dumb dummy
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 240
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2022, 01:04:25 PM »

That’s just not true. AVE is a fucking gem.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 817
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2022, 01:06:28 PM »
Coke dad was the best thing they ever did and I won't be surprised if it was ripped off graphic

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2022, 01:09:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Have to second the filming because people have been copying it and will stop watching videos with that style of shooting
I heard from a couple of likeminded gentleman at a Wu Tang Clan concert recently that Dill claims the streets, even though he really isn't really from the streets.  I'll try to forward you their instagram handles in case you want to dig a little deeper on that.

Get hungry on it!

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2022, 01:24:12 PM »
Coke dad was the best thing they ever did and I won't be surprised if it was ripped off graphic

what vid is the gif in your sig from? would love to see chico punching brad staba

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 370
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2022, 01:26:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

what vid is the gif in your sig from? would love to see chico punching brad staba

Brought to you by Biebel.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -139
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2022, 01:26:38 PM »

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1032
  • Gnar Kook
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2022, 01:34:17 PM »
Fat Albert skateboards

chrisskates808

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2022, 01:49:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That’s just not true. AVE is a fucking gem.

InkkeACAB

• Rep: 17

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 253
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2022, 02:09:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Brought to you by Biebel.

ty ty 

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -279
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2022, 02:25:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

lmao

you dumb dummy

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2022, 02:31:17 PM »
It doesn't matter how nice their boards are or any of their merch, i wouldn't touch any of it, just based on their existing customer base. Spoilt kids buying dunks with mama's credit card, perpetual bad attitude, who turn up at the park to just sit on the board looking depressed. I swear actual skating is their least favourite part of the image.

Pricing your boards 1/3 higher than other brands perpetuates that customer base.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

chrisskates808

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2022, 02:39:59 PM »
It doesn't matter how nice their boards are or any of their merch, i wouldn't touch any of it, just based on their existing customer base. Spoilt kids buying dunks with mama's credit card, perpetual bad attitude, who turn up at the park to just sit on the board looking depressed. I swear actual skating is their least favourite part of the image.

Pricing your boards 1/3 higher than other brands perpetuates that customer base.

Sounds like a hype beast person
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 05:43:14 PM by chrisskates808 »

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2022, 03:08:20 PM »
Used to be a fan when they first started but the aesthetic of it now isn’t my taste anymore

what is your taste?  I can see u skating on an American zero deck

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2022, 03:08:58 PM »

but 9inchdeck is gold huh

SATIVA HYBRID

• Rep: -35
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2022, 03:13:06 PM »
hating FA is trendier than liking it at this point like jesus christ can yall get off their dicks and shut the fuck up already
only hoe i love is popeyes
i put my dick in the drumstick

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -42
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2022, 03:54:25 PM »
hating FA is trendier than liking it at this point like jesus christ can yall get off their dicks and shut the fuck up already

Now say it without crying

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2022, 04:02:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Now say it without crying

Brwnsuga907

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2022, 04:04:40 PM »
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Fucking Awesome. The graphics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Aesthetics the graphics will go over a typical skater's head. There's also Dill's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these graphics, to realize that they're not just cool- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Fucking Awesome truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the beauty in Fucking Awesome’s existential skate film "Randy Farkus" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Aidan Mackey's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Fucking Awesome tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

dannyprovolone

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2022, 04:16:19 PM »
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Fucking Awesome. The graphics are extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Aesthetics the graphics will go over a typical skater's head. There's also Dill's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these graphics, to realize that they're not just cool- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Fucking Awesome truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the beauty in Fucking Awesome’s existential skate film "Randy Farkus" which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Aidan Mackey's genius unfolds itself on their computer screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Fucking Awesome tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

fucking awful take

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 110
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2022, 04:46:41 PM »

finally someone said it.