Author Topic: Wtf is up with the nine club  (Read 370821 times)

InkkeACAB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 20
Re: Wtf is up with the nine club
« Reply #3180 on: May 07, 2024, 09:15:03 AM »
Expand Quote
rkulla my guy please tell us why you have no problem working with these nazis
[close]

"working with"? "who"?  This is just so stupid.

i'm assuming the podcast you were on has some association with two felons, at least they're down enough to display their shop board front and centre, doesn't need much more of an explanation

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 338
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #3181 on: May 07, 2024, 09:18:18 AM »
Margie episode really highlighted how sheltered and naive those guys are

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
« Reply #3182 on: May 07, 2024, 09:27:07 AM »
What are my odds of making SLAP Pal this year?

It’s a lottery system with the submission fee being harsh to other skaters. You could never

rkulla

« Reply #3183 on: May 07, 2024, 09:28:59 AM »
Expand Quote
What are my odds of making SLAP Pal this year?
[close]

It’s a lottery system with the submission fee being harsh to other skaters. You could never

If only being harsh to other skaters in this thread counted, I'd be on top but the blinders are on to that because of reverse defensiveness.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #3184 on: May 07, 2024, 09:33:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

i'm assuming the podcast you were on has some association with two felons, at least they're down enough to display their shop board front and centre, doesn't need much more of an explanation
[close]

Anyway, if guilt by n-degrees of association via bad history is a thing, what does that say about everyone on SLAP, or every American?  Keep reaching.

pretty sure the admins of Slap don't have "white pride" tattoos, my man

rkulla

« Reply #3185 on: May 07, 2024, 09:35:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Anyway, if guilt by n-degrees of association via bad history is a thing, what does that say about everyone on SLAP, or every American?  Keep reaching.
[close]

pretty sure the admins of Slap don't have "white pride" tattoos, my man

You guys will just sink to any low rather than try to have a real discussion. It's pathetic.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #3186 on: May 07, 2024, 09:42:45 AM »

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 314

rkulla

« Reply #3188 on: May 07, 2024, 09:46:32 AM »
My rep just hit -100 here. I'll take that as a win.

I love that people here think it's funny to be everything they claim they're against. I don't get it, but ya know, do you.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2278
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3189 on: May 07, 2024, 09:50:36 AM »

I love that people here think it's funny to be everything they claim they're against. I don't get it, but ya know, do you.
I think it's really funny that you just don't stop posting in this thread

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

ElonMuskaBeats

• Rep: -15
« Reply #3190 on: May 07, 2024, 09:50:42 AM »
Stop seeking validation from strangers on the internet and your life will improve exponentially. Slap is the Fox News of skateboarding. It’s funny, but you can’t possibly take it seriously.

rkulla

« Reply #3191 on: May 07, 2024, 09:52:31 AM »
Stop seeking validation from strangers on the internet and your life will improve exponentially. Slap is the Fox News of skateboarding. It’s funny, but you can’t possibly take it seriously.

If you think these interactions have been about seeking validation... My god.

rkulla

« Reply #3192 on: May 07, 2024, 09:54:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

And I think it's funny how low everyone goes just to try to drive me out. It doesn't get any funnier than that. You'd think they'd get by now that it's not gonna work. If it's so bad, why won't an admin ban me?  I'd take that (no choice).

ElonMuskaBeats

• Rep: -15
« Reply #3193 on: May 07, 2024, 09:56:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you not trying to validate your point? Or are you just farting words into the void?

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 314
« Reply #3194 on: May 07, 2024, 09:58:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Are you not trying to validate your point? Or are you just farting words into the void?
I think homie is unhinged. Which giving $500 a week to dudes who don’t know you or even care about you should’ve been enough evidence for.

rkulla

« Reply #3195 on: May 07, 2024, 10:01:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'm way passed trying to validate my point. That died the first day of posting on here a long time ago. It doesn't take a genius to realize there's no winning an argument on here.  So it has to be about something else. Just like it is for everyone here.  The fact that you take me as seriously as you think I'm taking you, is what it's all about.  We're all farting words into the void, make no mistake.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3196 on: May 07, 2024, 10:05:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

And I think it's funny how low everyone goes just to try to drive me out. It doesn't get any funnier than that. You'd think they'd get by now that it's not gonna work. If it's so bad, why won't an admin ban me?  I'd take that (no choice).
You have no idea how low I can get, let alone other members of this messageboard. Stick around, be the hero

rkulla

« Reply #3197 on: May 07, 2024, 10:10:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
You have no idea how low I can get, let alone other members of this messageboard. Stick around, be the hero

Thank you for admitting it. That says more than I ever possibly could.

ejazzle

• Rep: 82
« Reply #3198 on: May 07, 2024, 10:13:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
I think homie is unhinged. Which giving $500 a week to dudes who don’t know you or even care about you should’ve been enough evidence for.

Streaming has opened up this crazy day and age of parasocial relationships. This one guy I watch stream on twitch regularly has some individuals donating $1000-$2500 during a stream. And he streams 3 days a week. Guy is making 90k a month from parasocial andys, its wild. I understand when people like the videos so they want to support but 6grand in a month is next level.

rkulla

« Reply #3199 on: May 07, 2024, 10:15:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Streaming has opened up this crazy day and age of parasocial relationships. This one guy I watch stream on twitch regularly has some individuals donating $1000-$2500 during a stream. And he streams 3 days a week. Guy is making 90k a month from parasocial andys, its wild. I understand when people like the videos so they want to support but 6grand in a month is next level.

It's always been my goal to grow up dead broke, find a way to make just enough money to have a little disposable income and use it to give back, and then get shit for it.

I hope everyone can experience that some day.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • Get bent
« Reply #3200 on: May 07, 2024, 10:28:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

It's always been my goal to grow up dead broke, find a way to make just enough money to have a little disposable income and use it to give back, and then get shit for it.

Off the top of my head I can name two skater ran organizations that would benefit 10000 percent more from a fraction of what you pan out to those dudes, who honestly don’t do shit for skating, your heart is in the right place but your brain has muddled your decisions and problem solving, purely based on what you post here, I would take your disposable income and seek some kind of therapy or help to maybe get you past your ridiculous vendetta against the industry darkmen that stole your inspiration and doe eyed wonder for skateboarding
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

rkulla

« Reply #3201 on: May 07, 2024, 10:32:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Off the top of my head I can name two skater ran organizations that would benefit 10000 percent more from a fraction of what you pan out to those dudes, who honestly don’t do shit for skating, your heart is in the right place but your brain has muddled your decisions and problem solving, purely based on what you post here, I would take your disposable income and seek some kind of therapy or help to maybe get you past your ridiculous vendetta against the industry darkmen that stole your inspiration and doe eyed wonder for skateboarding

Hearing that I need therapy, and all the other ad-hominems possible still is so old hat. Either you haven't been reading or, like others are willfully ignorant of the fact that i've already said i donate to far more than TNC, it doesn't matter. I'm an immutable character now.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • Get bent
« Reply #3202 on: May 07, 2024, 10:41:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Hearing that I need therapy, and all the other ad-hominems possible still is so old hat. Either you haven't been reading or, like others are willfully ignorant of the fact that i've already said i donate to far more than TNC, it doesn't matter. I'm an immutable character now.

lol nah dude, I use the ignore button, thats enough mute for me
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

rkulla

« Reply #3203 on: May 07, 2024, 10:44:17 AM »
I'm curious how in an industry run largely by "sponsors", almost all of which are brands doing it for a return on investment, that people are so against a person donating money as a form of a support.

Anyone care to explain that, without resorting to the typical "parasocial/buying friends" thing, which couldn't be farther from the truth, allow me to explain: In all these years, I have hung out with just 2 of them on one occasion for an hour, despite an open door policy and they're only 90 min away. 

Our relationship is no more than we respect each other for being supportive of skating.  I have no past career in skating to have earned any real modicum of respect amongst pro skaters, nor would I ever think that donating in anyway should earn respect other than that of someone who has supported them, which is a lot of people.

If anyone here wants to take a stab at why donating to a podcast (or anything) you like is about the worst thing you can do apparently (it's what got me onto SLAP in the first place, when last year a whole other thread was posted just about me donating to them, before this thread was created.) I'd love to hear it.  My guess is you have nothing to say but the usual boring "it must be a parasocial thing".

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3204 on: May 07, 2024, 10:45:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Thank you for admitting it. That says more than I ever possibly could.
Give me $500 a day and I will stoop to said lows

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
« Reply #3205 on: May 07, 2024, 10:53:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It doesn't surprise me because when I grew up skating, other skaters were the worst to other skaters. Not the cops, not your friends who didn't skate, etc.  but there was always both happening at once:  Some skaters would treat you better than anyone, and just accept you while others were your worst enemies, would sucker punch you, steal from you, talk behind your back, ditch you the second they could, etc. 
[close]

Damn dude what a profound revelation. It's almost as if people who aren't skaters don't actually give any type of shit about skaters to hate them or be critical of them. Shocking.
[close]

Interesting takeaway. You think the examples I gave are just people being "critical"? No wonder everything looks like "toxic positivity" lol.

Not a big reading comprehension guy, are ya?

breezy_again

• Rep: 56
  • Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
« Reply #3206 on: May 07, 2024, 10:59:51 AM »
Too many contractions in this thread

rkulla

« Reply #3207 on: May 07, 2024, 11:04:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It doesn't surprise me because when I grew up skating, other skaters were the worst to other skaters. Not the cops, not your friends who didn't skate, etc.  but there was always both happening at once:  Some skaters would treat you better than anyone, and just accept you while others were your worst enemies, would sucker punch you, steal from you, talk behind your back, ditch you the second they could, etc. 
[close]

Damn dude what a profound revelation. It's almost as if people who aren't skaters don't actually give any type of shit about skaters to hate them or be critical of them. Shocking.
[close]

Interesting takeaway. You think the examples I gave are just people being "critical"? No wonder everything looks like "toxic positivity" lol.
[close]

Let's see. I started by saying that skaters often abuse other skaters more than anyone, including non-skaters like cops or non-skaters in general (both of which were notorious for abusing skaters), also in the context of me not being surprised that even in present day, many skaters are still like they used to be.

Your reply was "It's almost as if non-skaters don't actually give any type of shit about skaters to hate them or be critical of them.", which I felt completely missed my point and so I replied that you equate abuse with "being critical".  Your reply is that _my_ reading comprehension is low.

Oog

• Rep: 7
« Reply #3208 on: May 07, 2024, 11:34:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Let's see. I started by saying that skaters often abuse other skaters more than anyone, including non-skaters like cops or non-skaters in general (both of which were notorious for abusing skaters), also in the context of me not being surprised that even in present day, many skaters are still like they used to be.

Your reply was "It's almost as if non-skaters don't actually give any type of shit about skaters to hate them or be critical of them.", which I felt completely missed my point and so I replied that you equate abuse with "being critical".  Your reply is that _my_ reading comprehension is low.

I think the point that you are missing is the fact that non-skaters don't talk about skaters as much as skaters talk about skaters. Considering this is a forum devoted to skateboarding we mostly discuss skateboarding. People are always the most critical of what they care the most about. If I see a bad golf swing I don't think much of it but I've heard my dad uncontrollably go "ew" in the same way we might if we saw a mobbed kickflip or something. I doubt some law enforcement forum isn't spending hours talking about how good crob is as an interviewer or who has the best push. It makes sense for us to both give skating the most praise and also talk the most shit on skateboarding.

rkulla

« Reply #3209 on: May 07, 2024, 11:37:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I think the point that you are missing is the fact that non-skaters don't talk about skaters as much as skaters talk about skaters. Considering this is a forum devoted to skateboarding we mostly discuss skateboarding. People are always the most critical of what they care the most about. If I see a bad golf swing I don't think much of it but I've heard my dad uncontrollably go "ew" in the same way we might if we saw a mobbed kickflip or something. I doubt some law enforcement forum isn't spending hours talking about how good crob is as an interviewer or who has the best push. It makes sense for us to both give skating the most praise and also talk the most shit on skateboarding.

That would only be a valid point if skaters were merely being critical and not abusive. My original point still stands.  And sure, some of you are being merely critical but look around the last few days, it's mostly abuse and the rest are remaining eerily quiet.