Author Topic: Last Resort AB - The Thread.  (Read 187005 times)

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Last Resort AB - The Thread.
« Reply #270 on: May 14, 2021, 03:10:50 PM »
Here are the post-removal pics

TurdyBird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #271 on: May 14, 2021, 05:14:21 PM »
I really want to get a pair, but I think I'm gonna wait till I can try some on first. Thanks for everyone commenting to give me an idea. I personally hate how cons cts fit so, might not even get a pair at all.
The chillest1

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #272 on: May 14, 2021, 07:50:12 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

vegangangzta

« Reply #273 on: May 15, 2021, 11:56:11 AM »
Okay, so what’s the general consensus?

Do I order my true size 11 or size down to 10.5?

About to pull the trigger...

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #274 on: May 15, 2021, 12:06:09 PM »

I’m the same size as you, and based on what I’ve read go with the 10.5. Please report back if you purchase. I’ll probably pick up a pair down the road and need to sort out sizing. Them high tops be lookin nice. Just waiting for a nice suede colour to drop.

vegangangzta

« Reply #275 on: May 15, 2021, 12:35:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’m the same size as you, and based on what I’ve read go with the 10.5. Please report back if you purchase. I’ll probably pick up a pair down the road and need to sort out sizing. Them high tops be lookin nice. Just waiting for a nice suede colour to drop.

Alright yeah, I’m gonna wing it and hope for the best.

About to order them from my local shop. I’ll post a first thoughts review and picture when I get em

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #276 on: May 15, 2021, 01:19:18 PM »
I’m a 10 in DC, Nike, and Emerica, 9.5-10 in Adidas (depends on the model), 9.5-10 in Vans (also depends) and 9.5-10.5 with New Balance and their inconsistent sizing.

Tried on both the VM001 and VM002 at my local shop. 9.5 was too short length-wise, but fine width-wise, 10 was a bit too long, long enough that it would bother me, and was slightly too wide, I have a narrow foot. 1/4 size too long seems pretty spot-on. I didn’t see much of a difference in fit between both models.

Left with size 10 Blazer GT pro low’s, my go-to these days. I really wanted these, but I don’t see a point in buying a shoe that doesn’t fit me properly. Maybe somewhere down the road I’ll give ‘em another try once they’ve been around a bit longer and get their fit dialed-in.

superleftswipebby

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 12
« Reply #277 on: May 15, 2021, 01:31:27 PM »
waddup canadian folks,
some vm001 lows are runnin for $72

https://menuskateshop.com/collections/last-resort

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #278 on: May 15, 2021, 05:58:09 PM »
checked these out in person at my local, love that burnt orange colorway on the vm001 but the quality on these are overstated, ended up passing

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #279 on: May 16, 2021, 07:40:49 AM »

it’s a bit of a weird place between sizes. Went tts and with thicker socks they honestly felt fine, maybe a touch of heel
Slip, half size down fits me too but I need thinner socks and my right foot (the bigger of the two) kinda feels a tad cramped ... I think if you were going to change out the insole like @kneebone did and put something a tad chunkier in there, tts might be your best bet!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

RegularJames

• Rep: -1
« Reply #280 on: May 16, 2021, 04:26:51 PM »
checked these out in person at my local, love that burnt orange colorway on the vm001 but the quality on these are overstated, ended up passing

Just out of curiosity, what about the quality was suspect?  I own a pair from the first drop, and the quality is top notch, in my opinion. 

Are you saying because of the price point?  Not trying to say you’re wrong or anything, it’s just your opinion—I’m just curious because as an owner of nearly every brand of skate shoe over the years I thought these were super nice, for skate shoes anyway.

ldmch11

• Rep: -4
« Reply #281 on: May 16, 2021, 06:55:04 PM »
it's not suspect, but after hearing ppl talk about how nice the shoes were, i was expecting more, especially at that price point.

RegularJames

« Reply #282 on: May 17, 2021, 09:31:37 AM »
it's not suspect, but after hearing ppl talk about how nice the shoes were, i was expecting more, especially at that price point.

Gotcha.  To each their own, I was just curious what aspect of the shoe wasn't up to snuff. 

Personally, I think the materials are top notch.  These shoes cost around 15 dollars more (give or take) than most skate shoes, and I think I see enough of a quality increase to warrant it (thick suede, cotton laces, nice midsole, leather lining, etc).  Plus, I like that the shoes are made in a shop that guarantees a fair wage and fair treatment. 

However, I don't skate like I used to.  If I were blowing through a pair every three weeks like I did as a yute (before I got old and rickety), I wouldn't spend the extra money.  But I'm mostly just rolling around these days, and aesthetically, I think these look super nice.  But again, that's obviously just an opinion.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #283 on: May 17, 2021, 02:54:00 PM »
Apologies if I missed it, but do we have a field report on the canvas durability? I ordered two pairs on Friday from Orchard (they still havent shipped!)
ok thanks

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #284 on: May 17, 2021, 03:17:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
  Plus, I like that the shoes are made in a shop that guarantees a fair wage and fair treatment. 

Where did you see this?
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

RegularJames

« Reply #285 on: May 17, 2021, 03:34:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
  Plus, I like that the shoes are made in a shop that guarantees a fair wage and fair treatment. 
[close]

Where did you see this?

In an interview with Pontus on Jenkem.  He said they pay a higher price for their labor, gets photos from the shop, and said that when he can travel again, he'll go and see the production for himself to make sure nothing "shady" is going on. 

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2020/09/18/putting-footwear-back-hands-skaters-pontus-alv/

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 356
« Reply #286 on: May 17, 2021, 03:35:06 PM »
Apologies if I missed it, but do we have a field report on the canvas durability? I ordered two pairs on Friday from Orchard (they still havent shipped!)
I haven't skated mine yet, but they do have a pretty significant rubber backing around the forefront of the shoe, similar to Vans duracap underlay. 

dogstarman

• Rep: 3
« Reply #287 on: May 18, 2021, 06:28:20 PM »
Got a canvas pair in 8.5 (usually wear a 9 but figured i’d size down) and they’re pretty tight on my feet but i can imagine going up a half size would cause a lot of heel slip and just wouldn’t fit as well. i wore em for a couple sessions and have walked around in them a bunch and they’re definitely breaking in and way more comfortable.

great shoes and would definitely recommend. have a pair of the hi tops coming too. hope every drop has some sort of vegan option from now on.

donkey

• Rep: -67
  • donk
« Reply #288 on: May 20, 2021, 07:41:17 AM »
just got in my pair of size 9 b/w hi top vm001s. right off the bat the insoles are super comfy. im a true size 9 in vans and didn't have to size down at all. will update once i skate.

vegangangzta

« Reply #289 on: May 20, 2021, 09:48:27 AM »
Just got my low top canvas in. Went half size down. Should have went true to size. Too snug. I’ll keep em and just deal but next time sticking with true size.

Kevve

« Reply #290 on: May 20, 2021, 11:39:33 AM »
Just got my low top canvas in. Went half size down. Should have went true to size. Too snug. I’ll keep em and just deal but next time sticking with true size.

Maybe they stretch with time if you walk around in them at home?

Thinking about doing the opposite and going half a size down. They were very snug on me too but i hope the Suede ones Will stretch a Little on the length.

I put some extra insoles in My tts but i can Still fit a finger between My heel and the shoe.

vegangangzta

« Reply #291 on: May 20, 2021, 11:52:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thinking about doing the opposite and going half a size down. They were very snug on me too but i hope the Suede ones Will stretch a Little on the length.

I put some extra insoles in My tts but i can Still fit a finger between My heel and the shoe.

Right. I just had my first sesh in them and was fine. I’ll do an update once I’ve had em for two weeks.

Kevve

« Reply #292 on: May 20, 2021, 12:52:34 PM »
Thanks mate, i appreciate it!

RegularJames

« Reply #293 on: May 20, 2021, 01:44:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My two cents: bought a pair on the first drop, went tts, had your issue—too big, even with insoles.  I can wear them, but they’re too big.  This drop, copped a pair of both the vm1 & vm2’s, this time a half size down.  They’re just a tad too small.  They’re suede, I’m sure they’ll stretch a bit.  They don’t really hurt my feet.

Verdict: In the future I will continue to go a half size down, even with the *slight* cramping.  I do have a very narrow foot, and the tts pair is just too big all around.  I’d prefer shoes be a little small than a little big, personally.

So... if you have wide feet, I think tts should work out.  If you have a narrow foot, I think a half size will work, just be prepared to have some *slight* big toe cramping at first.

The only shoe I can compare it to is Cons One Star Pro or Jack Purcell pro.  I have this same “quarter size off” issue with those—though for both those, I go tts.  These, it’s a half size down.  Hope this is helpful.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #294 on: May 21, 2021, 12:16:07 AM »
I bought the size that corresponds to my japanese size in other shoes since cm is less open for interpretation than other sizing scales...

I wear 41 in vans which corresponds to 8.5 US. 41 in cons which is an 8 US. 42 in Adidas which is an 8.5 US. So it's all a big mess.

I bought a 41 in Last Resort. They feel long but not big, if that makes sense. I definitely need to break them in a bit before skating them, but that's because I like my skate shoes soft like slippers.

For anyone looking at the white suede ones, I got the highs and they're definitely more of a light grey than white. In fact, they come with 2 colors of laces, one white and one that matches the suede which is grey. I like the color, they're just more grey than I was expecting.

I am looking forward to skating them and hoping to never buy any of the big corporate shit ever again.

kelbywest

• Rep: 2
« Reply #295 on: May 21, 2021, 06:23:50 AM »
I bought the size that corresponds to my japanese size in other shoes since cm is less open for interpretation than other sizing scales...

I wear 41 in vans which corresponds to 8.5 US. 41 in cons which is an 8 US. 42 in Adidas which is an 8.5 US. So it's all a big mess.

I bought a 41 in Last Resort. They feel long but not big, if that makes sense. I definitely need to break them in a bit before skating them, but that's because I like my skate shoes soft like slippers.

For anyone looking at the white suede ones, I got the highs and they're definitely more of a light grey than white. In fact, they come with 2 colors of laces, one white and one that matches the suede which is grey. I like the color, they're just more grey than I was expecting.

I am looking forward to skating them and hoping to never buy any of the big corporate shit ever again.

I was stoked on the white until I saw they were more gray. Offputting for sure, but saved me another $85 so I guess I'm grateful in the end.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #296 on: May 21, 2021, 04:04:10 PM »
Got my canvas joints today, a pair of hi's and a pair of lo's and AHHHH I love them so far. I feel like the hi's fit a little better for some reason than the suedes. Might just be random, but this is all I need for the kind of skating I do and I am stoked to be in a vegan shoe that fits so well.
ok thanks

vegangangzta

« Reply #297 on: May 21, 2021, 06:33:55 PM »
Second sesh today in the low top canvas

General thoughts...

Durable (thick canvas. Much better than a vans era)

Starting to stretch a little (a good thing. Found them to be snug at first)

Not very comfortable (good board feel but other vulcs are better)

Kid at the park came up and asked me if I was wearing Last Resorts and he was stoked lol

Comfort will be a make or break for me on whether or not I buy these again in the future. Perhaps they’ll get better with some more time.

Bigwheelbite

• Rep: -162
« Reply #298 on: May 21, 2021, 11:43:43 PM »
Anyone else agree that they should make a slip on?

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 184
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #299 on: May 22, 2021, 12:11:04 AM »
Anyone else agree that they should make a slip on?

i wouldn’t be surprised if they did make one eventually. kinda seems fitting for the brand to make a basic one.