Author Topic: Kader on anybody's trust, still?  (Read 28963 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 955
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: Kader on anybody's trust, still?
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2023, 09:25:40 AM »
If you haven't had a major knee injury, you probably have no idea how devastating and debilitating it can be, especially to a professional athlete. The expectation that a skateboarder would be able to meet or exceed his or her prior output level or performance standards a mere year or two after a serious ACL rupture is totally unreasonable and outlandish (it basically makes you physically handicapped unless and until you get a surgery -- which may or may not be successful). A smart athlete would take it slow and spend at least two years strengthening the leg and muscles around the knee before even considering getting serious on a board again.

I couldn't agree more.

I'm a fuckin Idiot. I blew my knee doing a rock to fakie on a baby bloard Oct 2015. In a 3' deep cement bowl.
Full dislocate relocate from 80hd toe drag.

I was riding an old Dubs bloard. I got it somewhere. I fuckin loved Dubs growing up.

Full bowling ball knee. I was like fuck it! I'm going to skate on it. I made it 3 days.

Went got the scans and shit.

I couldn't do it. Didn't do the physical therapy. Kept on skating even though I couldn't walk. Took forever to get better.

I missed out in a lot of cool s***.

Watching Hasoi do lay backs all day in zero degree I learned them kinda. I got two FS ones now and one bs one sometimes.

I just never understood how you did it.

Imagine if I took care of myself proper. I could have skated with him all fuckin day. Learned way way more from the absolute #1 style in history. I'm talking about street too.
The street tricks was kinda mids looking back but the execution and style rocking all that funny spandex and shit too.
He's the fuckin greatest yo. I fuckin love christian. I wanna see one of his sermons someday.

Im very knowledgeable in biblical matters tho I do not believe in godt.

Anyway take care of your knees because I had waist high pop in multiple tricks for decades.

Now I got a Trash can on its side on good days. Just Ollie maybe fakie heel in 20 tries. Probably a wheel bonk to ouch.

My right ankle is the thing that truly bothers me. It feels ok with the 808 on. Off man it sucks.

Feeling like my ankle is made of sagging silly putty with a huge needle in it.

Thanks Dennis. Thanks Adidas. I love you and what you've done for me.

I didn't need to be happy for the rest of my days. I needed a new walking style and shit.

You cats owe. I'm going to get it rn
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Shtonk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -405
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2023, 12:03:53 PM »
Is Stella Reynolds not skating anymore at all? Is it connected to Kader? What does Andrew know? Find out tonight in our double feature...

Gus UwU

• Rep: 2
« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2023, 12:38:29 PM »
I think kader has a lot of footage stored in fat bill's pc, when he drops a part it wll be dope. In Weed man we trust

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2023, 01:18:58 PM »
he smok 2 many weed

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -490
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2023, 02:24:20 PM »
If you haven't had a major knee injury, you probably have no idea how devastating and debilitating it can be, especially to a professional athlete. The expectation that a skateboarder would be able to meet or exceed his or her prior output level or performance standards a mere year or two after a serious ACL rupture is totally unreasonable and outlandish (it basically makes you physically handicapped unless and until you get a surgery -- which may or may not be successful). A smart athlete would take it slow and spend at least two years strengthening the leg and muscles around the knee before even considering getting serious on a board again.

I have , I get it . This whole post is also discounting the lack
Of output since baker 4 in general though. And even baker 4 left us disappointed . Maybe everyone is a little jaded since he came out swinging as a kid though. He gave us two parts the last three years but they felt like throwaway. We know he’s good so everything does that isn’t mind blowing is lacking , and maybe that expectation is the problem? It just feels like he was so hyped for so long but everything he does someone else could do? That recent switch flip post was sick but again it’s like if that’s easy for you where’s the footage?

He’s 21 there’s a lot of time still for that Great part but his career is definitely starting to look more like pjs than ishods in terms of the next big thing type guys.

PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Shrinedescender

• Rep: 150
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2023, 04:21:35 PM »
How long was Cyrus Bennett out for his knee injury? The guy put out like three high level parts this year, and that knee injury was no joke. It seems clear to me that Kader's gonna continue to skate at his own pace and those of you holding your breath for the career-defining, prophecy-fulfilling part are gonna be sorely disappointed when it never comes. The kid might have been a prodigy but he doesn't have the motivation, and now that Reynolds is out of the picture I doubt anyone around him has any interest in pushing him. Hell, he's still getting pro shoe colorways at his current level of output so where's the incentive?

Personally, I'm fine with Kader weed b-roll and the occasional Supreme edit clip making up the rest of the kid's career if that's what he wants. Never been that crazy of a fan or expected much from him.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2023, 04:39:32 PM »
How long was Cyrus Bennett out for his knee injury? The guy put out like three high level parts this year, and that knee injury was no joke. It seems clear to me that Kader's gonna continue to skate at his own pace and those of you holding your breath for the career-defining, prophecy-fulfilling part are gonna be sorely disappointed when it never comes. The kid might have been a prodigy but he doesn't have the motivation, and now that Reynolds is out of the picture I doubt anyone around him has any interest in pushing him. Hell, he's still getting pro shoe colorways at his current level of output so where's the incentive?

Personally, I'm fine with Kader weed b-roll and the occasional Supreme edit clip making up the rest of the kid's career if that's what he wants. Never been that crazy of a fan or expected much from him.

About 6 months before he was popping ollies. Then probably a couple months before more serious skating. I DM'd him because I was curious about my knee surgery recovery timeline. I think Cyrus recovered better and faster than anyone could expect, though.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2023, 10:58:38 PM »
damn that's fast i reckon. a homie tore his acl two years ago and is out ever since. hope he will ever come back at this point.

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -66
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2023, 12:21:50 AM »
He's actually managed to smoke himself out of what could have been a skate career like the second coming of Antwan Dixon.
Stop smoking weed and get back on the board with a filmer, is it that hard?
I've stopped smoking several times, and I smoked a ton, when I did and never found it hard to stop.
Reynolds must be so bummed.
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2023, 06:42:26 AM »
I keep seeing "[so and so] had a knee injury and looked at them know", as if every knee injury were identical. And for every pro athlete who has a knee injury and bounced back, there will be another who, despite the best doctors, surgery and rehab, was never again able to perform at an elite level. Not saying this is the case with Kader, but it's complete nonsense to draw comparisons, especially since none of you are doctors, much less his doctor, and therefore you don't know shit about his injury.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2023, 07:36:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Of output since baker 4 in general though. And even baker 4 left us disappointed . Maybe everyone is a little jaded since he came out swinging as a kid though. He gave us two parts the last three years but they felt like throwaway. We know he’s good so everything does that isn’t mind blowing is lacking , and maybe that expectation is the problem? It just feels like he was so hyped for so long but everything he does someone else could do? That recent switch flip post was sick but again it’s like if that’s easy for you where’s the footage?

He’s 21 there’s a lot of time still for that Great part but his career is definitely starting to look more like pjs than ishods in terms of the next big thing type guys.

You gotta stop with this "we" shit, don't lump me in with your opinion

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1091
« Reply #71 on: November 20, 2023, 07:56:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You gotta stop with this "we" shit, don't lump me in with your opinion

right, I'm perfectly fine, with Kader.

conan777

• Rep: -50
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #72 on: November 20, 2023, 12:42:25 PM »
Just because one or two people came back almost immediately from ACL replacements doesn't mean everyone can. The vast majority are never the same and I speak from experience. Kader is washed up though, he sounded unbelievably fried in his bunt interview. Hopefully he puts down the weed but I fear the damage is done

work_lurker

• Rep: 91
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #73 on: November 20, 2023, 01:32:36 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Adrian Peterson ran for 2k yards less than a year after an ACL tear. I think football is a little harder on your body than skateboarding.

I think you need to leave that blasphemous thought alone.
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 139
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2023, 01:38:52 PM »
I think it was a bad call to trade the Boss for Billdo Baggins as his mentor/board supplier. It also seems like an epically terrible business decision to have not yet put out a Kader pro model on Violeta. What's the wait? He's just leaving money on the table.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2023, 02:03:01 PM »
It's hard to trust anyone these days.

I have an old saying never believe anyone under 30.

Yesterday I played a show. It was a little fuckin chaos when I arrived.

Some dumb ass mofo lied to me 3 or 4 times and eventually said yeah here take your property back. Like I said I got two.

Fuck all that. Dude is lucky I didn't whip his ass with words because I can't stand lies. Especially when I first meeting someone and shit.

Fuckin dick head. I hope he slaps. He can read what I think about all that.

I had to struggle to be cool about it. I didn't wanna spark off at a benefit show in front of a bunch of heads.

I was Fuckin crazy hungry so who knows how far I would have taken it if the fool didn't take deserved words well.

Since he's so comfortable with lying who knows what would have happened.

He was fuckin tripping
(A)pl(E)

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -92
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2023, 02:21:09 PM »

Some dumb ass mofo lied to me 3 or 4 times and eventually said yeah here take your property back. Like I said I got two.

Fuck all that. Dude is lucky I didn't whip his ass with words because I can't stand lies. Especially when I first meeting someone and shit.

I had to struggle to be cool about it. I didn't wanna spark off at a benefit show in front of a bunch of heads.

I was Fuckin crazy hungry so who knows how far I would have taken it if the fool didn't take deserved words well.

He was fuckin tripping

Got two what? What was he lying about? Not the first time I’ve read your posts and wanted to get inside your brain for 5 minutes and not much longer

RayLaFleur

• Rep: -24
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2023, 02:25:27 PM »
Yeah spark right off Holmes !!! Get 'em hurt em, Fkn killl them allllllll 🤡

jonbronson

• Rep: -2
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2023, 09:46:06 PM »
Expand Quote

He was fuckin tripping
[close]

Got two what? What was he lying about? Not the first time I’ve read your posts and wanted to get inside your brain for 5 minutes and not much longer

Likewise. I think that's the case for a lot of us fools when trying to decipher the Gospel of the almighty Uncle Flea.

Mother Goose.

« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2023, 10:35:20 PM »
didn't austyn gillette blow out both his knees at the same time?

BobbyPshew

• Rep: -66
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2023, 11:31:11 PM »
I'm OLD and my right OCL is blown, but it's not like I can't skate transition and skate flat.
Anyone under 30 has to earn my trust, anyone over, I can usually vibe with and feel I can trust them.
Whinge, whinge, bloody whinge, as Chopper said.
Ron Don's Playpen-Home Of The $2 Lap Dance

nopopnostyle

• Rep: 28
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2023, 01:42:44 AM »
If this forum had existed in the nineties it would’ve had the same kind of threads speculating about Gino, Penny, Keenan and others..

Some of the most interesting skateboarding doesn’t happen under pressure.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 815
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2023, 08:50:34 AM »
I tore both of my knees apart in a skydiving accident years ago. Of course, folks were tougher in those days. I was jitterbugging that very night and skating the next. What's your excuse, Kader
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2023, 09:13:49 AM »
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 731
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2023, 09:21:11 AM »
I lock my car doors when Kader crosses the street. I just don’t trust him as far as I can throw him.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2023, 09:25:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

He was fuckin tripping
[close]

[close]

Likewise. I think that's the case for a lot of us fools when trying to decipher the Gospel of the almighty Uncle Flea.

Just thoughts and venting.

It was the lie that made me angry not the loss of discontinued speaker cable.

I felt like that guy was like something I saw on the floor is gone!

I best stop that old bummy ass thief from stealing from himself with a false claim that I got two of these things.

Shit took the wind right out of my day. I knew it was a lie but I handed over.

Dude gave it back like he was doing me a favor with out saying sorry I was wrong.

Claimed he was doing me a favor. I fuckin hate that shit.

Man enough to lie to an OG be man enough to say sorry.

That's basically the jist.
(A)pl(E)

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 294
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2023, 09:30:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

He was fuckin tripping
[close]

[close]

[close]

Coolin' on the scene like a horse in a stable
A brother got ill and tried to snatch a fat cable
I stepped back, like it wasn't no thing
Punched him in the jaw with the fat gold ring
I had an ace in the hole when it came to that
(Yo Uncle Flea: you was packin'?) You know I'm strapped
Posse kept rollin' it was hard to get with 'em
So I stepped back, and unbuttoned my Lee denim
They kept coming, just like I figured
So I stepped back, and started sprayin' niggas

Man enough to lie to an OG be man enough to say sorry.

That's basically the jist.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2023, 09:30:53 AM »
I like to make up stories.

Like the time I gave Dway the confidence to jump the great wall with a big ole hug on the deck.

Or that time I bs flipped Arturo but landed on my 90s calculator so I lost the clip.

Dropping in on the Brooklyn bridge was by far the worst one. I'm still waiting to come back to life.
(A)pl(E)

#switchgod

• Rep: -98
  • One love.
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2023, 09:54:46 AM »
Expand Quote
his career is definitely starting to look more like pjs
[close]
He's 10% of the way to PJ max.

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2023, 12:23:01 PM »
I like to make up stories.

Like the time I gave Dway the confidence to jump the great wall with a big ole hug on the deck.

Or that time I bs flipped Arturo but landed on my 90s calculator so I lost the clip.

Dropping in on the Brooklyn bridge was by far the worst one. I'm still waiting to come back to life.

I'll never forget the time you tried to hippy jump that razer wire and got cut in half real bad. Luckily we found some dental floss and a needle and got you stitched back together.