Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 720709 times)

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #5400 on: January 14, 2019, 04:35:02 PM »
Broke my pinky finger but I pay into short term disability where I work at so... lots of time with the ol stranger I guess?

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5401 on: January 14, 2019, 06:07:51 PM »
Copped a broken VX... but it works for an idea I have.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
« Reply #5402 on: January 14, 2019, 06:33:29 PM »
Have you seen those VX molds/busts that Lurker Lou's been making?
https://twitter.com/LurkerLouser/status/1083497135004442624

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #5403 on: January 15, 2019, 07:51:02 AM »
Have you seen those VX molds/busts that Lurker Lou's been making?
https://twitter.com/LurkerLouser/status/1083497135004442624

I have. That said, it was kinda surprising imagining Lou being into the finer pursuits but I dig em
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #5404 on: January 16, 2019, 08:55:13 AM »
the chance of a bunch of snow in town this weekend, but i have off anyway so i wouldnt get paid work off but other people will.
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

rapscallion

• Rep: -4
« Reply #5405 on: January 16, 2019, 10:44:23 AM »
Stoked that my new gear from the Active sale was delivered!
Not stoked to find that same gear strewn about my neighbors yard covered in dog spit.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 11:52:02 AM by rapscallion »

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5406 on: January 18, 2019, 06:01:12 AM »
Expand Quote
i will be taking full advantage of that.  i'm gunna fill the bathtub with pina coladas and see how long it takes for my body to absorb the alcohol.
[close]

This image is relevant to my afternoon today.

I just picked up a holy grail dream car (1st gen 4x4 sr5 Toyota pickup) but need to replace the radiator on it. Let the coolant and grease bath begin.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #5407 on: January 24, 2019, 04:57:58 AM »
Stoked: This year I almost survived to the end of January until my depression kicked in! Real nice.  Last year I was feeling this bad in November so some progress...

Not stoked: My depressive moods are getting worse and worse by day and the moods last longer too.. Atleast for now I can still feel something but give it a couple of weeks and I will not be able to leave my house or feel any emotions at all.. :)))

Last year I didn't go outside or meet people other that to go to work for three months straight so maybe this year it will only be a month or so..

But yeah depression is a motherfucker and in the end you just have to deal with it..

ps. Try to find something positive to say/think even if you are feeling like a complete human waste.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #5408 on: January 24, 2019, 05:14:02 AM »
Stoked: This year I almost survived to the end of January until my depression kicked in! Real nice.  Last year I was feeling this bad in November so some progress...

Not stoked: My depressive moods are getting worse and worse by day and the moods last longer too.. Atleast for now I can still feel something but give it a couple of weeks and I will not be able to leave my house or feel any emotions at all.. :)))

Last year I didn't go outside or meet people other that to go to work for three months straight so maybe this year it will only be a month or so..

But yeah depression is a motherfucker and in the end you just have to deal with it..

ps. Try to find something positive to say/think even if you are feeling like a complete human waste.

Depression sucks.

Other than skating, what do you enjoy doing?

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #5409 on: January 24, 2019, 08:49:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Depression sucks.

yeah it surely does...

the basic stuff sex, drugs, art and philosophy..

Sex is great
drugs I think I'm over it
art well that can't be escaped because of my mind
philosophy I don't know been stuck in 17th century for some reason and it's getting boring..

What bothers me the most is I kind of know what I need to do, I've been in therapy, but I don't know, the same shit has happened every year in the past 15 years or so and I'm sick of doing this shit just to get by. It sucks that I can never be completely "healthy" so it wears on you and if every 7 months you have to go through rough 3 month depressive phase.. ..That's not a way to live a life..

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #5410 on: January 24, 2019, 09:35:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Depression sucks.

[close]

yeah it surely does...

Sex is great
philosophy I don't know been stuck in 17th century for some reason and it's getting boring..

What bothers me the most is I kind of know what I need to do, I've been in therapy, but I don't know, the same shit has happened every year in the past 15 years or so and I'm sick of doing this shit just to get by. It sucks that I can never be completely "healthy" so it wears on you and if every 7 months you have to go through rough 3 month depressive phase.. ..That's not a way to live a life..

That does sound like it would be rough to deal with.

The art sounds cool though. I知 not one to draw or paint well so I知 envious of that skill. I壇 maybe try doing some art for fun. Or maybe just something art related. If I ever need something to do to just chill and feel satisfied I bust out a puzzle lol.

Reading for sure is a big one for me too. I feel way better if my mind is occupied with thoughts of a new book.

I recently got a used Wii from Craigslist for 25 and have been having a blast on it playing old games.

You got this though! It値l get better, just takes time and work at it.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #5411 on: January 24, 2019, 01:02:59 PM »
The semester's starting next week
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #5412 on: January 30, 2019, 01:13:50 AM »
Was feeling myself a little too much at the session today and took a really humbling slam, put my ass in check but my elbow and lower back are sore as tits now

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5413 on: January 30, 2019, 06:49:10 AM »

The neuroses exists because its created by the sufferers artistic sensability and because its an attractive concept to the sufferer on some deep, less rational level.  Perhaps its good to see it to its end.   Go for rock bottom.  I did this and i havent had depression in 20 years.  Ps i fucking HATED having depression it fucking SUCKED.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 08:52:34 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5414 on: January 30, 2019, 11:38:42 AM »
Snow

Surf-goth

• Rep: -677
« Reply #5415 on: January 31, 2019, 08:33:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Depression sucks.

[close]

yeah it surely does...

Sex is great

[close]

The art sounds cool though. I知 not one to draw or paint well so I知 envious of that skill. I壇 maybe try doing some art for fun. Or maybe just something art related. If I ever need something to do to just chill and feel satisfied I bust out a puzzle lol.

Reading for sure is a big one for me too. I feel way better if my mind is occupied with thoughts of a new book.

I recently got a used Wii from Craigslist for 25 and have been having a blast on it playing old games.

Yeah i bought a super nintendo recently and have been really been enjoying it lately. When most of life sucks little things like this can bring a little joy
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5416 on: January 31, 2019, 08:42:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Depression sucks.

[close]

yeah it surely does...

Sex is great

[close]

[close]

Yeah i bought a super nintendo recently and have been really been enjoying it lately. When most of life sucks little things like this can bring a little joy

Try to spend 70% of your awake hours outdoors. I did that for about a year and it kicked a lot of monsters out of my head.

Back to the venting.

Tweakers. They are like ants, as they get into everything. But then they have everything, and I have to haggle with them for my needs of obscure property not openly available in society.

We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #5417 on: February 01, 2019, 07:09:01 AM »
i might be going to sacramento for work for a few days. its cool because its freezing and snowing here in DC and i could go to tahoe for a day or two but on the other hand i would have to leave like tomorrow or the next day and im not mentally prepared and i have no idea if its happening or not.

stokedtrout

• Rep: 4
« Reply #5418 on: February 07, 2019, 03:28:01 AM »
Catch and release fishing. I like fishin and mostly I release the fishes because I just like catching them and no contributing to the decline of fish numbers. But, it痴 really just torturing an animal for fun. I知 keeping on fishin tho because fish aren稚 cats (whom I love dearly) so they can have their slimy, scaly asses tortured for alll I care.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5419 on: February 07, 2019, 07:51:02 AM »
A guy I know works at the little coffee shop around the corner from my house. Our wives work together and he shot our wedding video, so not really a close friend, but he's a good guy. Very churchy. I stop into the coffee shop maybe once every other week if I'm running late and don't have time to make coffee at home. It's decent coffee, cheap, and theres never a line inside. I'm kinda not stoked that if I order just a regular coffee he's been giving it to me for free. If I order other stuff or something fancier, he'll charge me, but regular coffee has been free the past 4 times. Free coffee once in a while is cool but it's only like $2 and I'm starting to feel guilty about it.

Plus, the shop is like a non profit that donates to areas that have been hit by natural disasters, so I'd much rather support them than starbucks. I want to give them my money, but he wont let me!

ungzilla

« Reply #5420 on: February 07, 2019, 09:05:19 AM »
Just leave the money in the tip jar g

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 535
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5421 on: February 07, 2019, 09:48:05 AM »
A guy I know works at the little coffee shop around the corner from my house. Our wives work together and he shot our wedding video, so not really a close friend, but he's a good guy. Very churchy. I stop into the coffee shop maybe once every other week if I'm running late and don't have time to make coffee at home. It's decent coffee, cheap, and theres never a line inside. I'm kinda not stoked that if I order just a regular coffee he's been giving it to me for free. If I order other stuff or something fancier, he'll charge me, but regular coffee has been free the past 4 times. Free coffee once in a while is cool but it's only like $2 and I'm starting to feel guilty about it.

Plus, the shop is like a non profit that donates to areas that have been hit by natural disasters, so I'd much rather support them than starbucks. I want to give them my money, but he wont let me!

what if he gossips about you and says that guy likes to receive free coffee from a nonprofit? that would be so conniving.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5422 on: February 07, 2019, 11:35:48 AM »
Just leave the money in the tip jar g

Thats what I did today. Thankfully I had cash, but I usually don't. Next time I go I'll drop a 5 or 10 in there and that'll cover me for a while.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #5423 on: February 11, 2019, 08:46:31 AM »
Dope - Got a new job which is gonna pay a ton more.

Not Stoked - Different career so I won't be able to sit on slap in the office come two weeks time.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5424 on: February 11, 2019, 09:38:41 AM »
Money>Slap, for the most part I'd say.

I was staying at this dope house in the the woods in Poconos the last few days, and right when I get back to Philly it starts snowing.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5425 on: February 12, 2019, 01:38:05 PM »
my chick has gone full gay imp saus metal plus no soy, gluten .. really inspiring and lookin fine af too .. i kinda wanna get down but i love eating like shit too much
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #5426 on: February 12, 2019, 02:50:00 PM »
my chick has gone full gay imp saus metal plus no soy, gluten .. really inspiring and lookin fine af too .. i kinda wanna get down but i love eating like shit too much

I bought an 18 pack of eggs this weekend.  I like to make hard boiled eggs for the week in advance as a quick breakfast before work and omelettes rule.  Cheap, low calorie, delicious, protein.  My vegan wife threw them out.  I was pissed.  My reasoning was that they were already purchased and throwing them in the trash wasn't going to change anything.  I also got in trouble for buying the wrong brand of veggie burgers.  Apparently some veggie burgers use egg whites as like the 20th ingredient.  It's cool for people to do what they want, but it sucks when they push it on other people. 

smellsdead

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1272
« Reply #5427 on: February 13, 2019, 07:33:40 AM »
going to baltimore for a weekend work trip at the end of the month

but not sure how much free time/decent weather i will have to skate around...and ill have no access to a vehicle.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
« Reply #5428 on: February 19, 2019, 05:42:57 AM »
my brain sees shalom in the slap logo on here but when i look up and more closely it still says slap .. mods, why
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5429 on: February 19, 2019, 06:21:27 AM »
I really dislike all sam hydes skits but i like the ted talk he gave its kinda funny.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"