Author Topic: Georgia Martin pro af  (Read 3471 times)

rawtechsolutions666 (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Shtonk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -395
Re: Georgia Martin pro af
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2024, 12:02:56 PM »
Kevin Barnett a hilarious career enders contender?

Craig Lutzka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2024, 12:19:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
She could also be mentioned in the unknown rippers thread: my initial reaction, like a few others was simply, "Who?!?"
I don't think she had ever even been discussed on the SLAP bloards prior to this thread.
All the same, good for her and also I'm sorry about that, but who knows... Perhaps Toy Machine's star will shine brightly yet again.
[close]
this

Geniune question do you guys think toy’s “downfall” (not really, toy is sick rn but you know what i mean) since good and evil has been because of ed’s lack of involvement with the brand and quitting skateboarding in order to make art?

Sure, ed invests his art earnings back into toy and he still designs the graphics but still
if ed was more involved with team decisions and going out and skating with the team etc maybe toy would still feel like the good ol classic toy we all grew up with

But i know. Things and times change and people grow up.
Just ranting and dreaming here
[close]

Classic toy had Jamie at the unofficial helm running shit.   When he left, Todd Swank was probably running shit and then alienated Bam which led to the post-Jump exodus that left Toy just Ed and Austin Stephens.
[close]
Very True.
I guess i just really want to see ed skate again it’s all.
Kevin barnett did have a promising thing going on during the good and evil era, i wonder what got him fired like jordan taylor said in his bunt interview
[close]
Not wanting to be too mean but I don't think we'll really see Ed skate legit again. He did an interview recently and he was breathing like tony soprano, pretty sure he's 50 and has had two broken necks and a dozen concussions it's probably not worth it to really risk anything.

Not sure about bringing a downfall but as a toy machine fan (not quite a loyal pawn) what tipped me off first for this brand might suck now was when they did all that price point, sock character shit. Like you could get any colour full head to toe matching hat, beanie, t shirt, hoody, sweatpants, socks, belt, wallet, deck, wheels, prob other random shit
Templeton had a gnarly leg injury maybe 10 years ago, worst thing it happened at a demo too.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2024, 12:47:03 PM »
Can't believe you can go pro without ever putting a part and having apparently a big number of people who never heard about you.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Dimewithacannibal

• Rep: -5
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2024, 01:00:35 PM »
To dream the impossible dream
To fight the unbeatable foe
To bear with unbearable sorrow
To run where the brave dare not go.

To right the unrightable wrong
To be better far than you are
To try when your arms are too weary
To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest, to follow that star,
No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
To be willing to give when there's no more to give
To be willing to die so that honor and justice may live

And I know if I'll only be true to this glorious quest
That my heart will lie peaceful and calm when I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
That one man scorned and covered with scars
Still strove with his last ounce of courage
To reach the unreachable star.

ToFakie

• Rep: 2
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2024, 02:09:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
She could also be mentioned in the unknown rippers thread: my initial reaction, like a few others was simply, "Who?!?"
I don't think she had ever even been discussed on the SLAP bloards prior to this thread.
All the same, good for her and also I'm sorry about that, but who knows... Perhaps Toy Machine's star will shine brightly yet again.
[close]
this

Geniune question do you guys think toy’s “downfall” (not really, toy is sick rn but you know what i mean) since good and evil has been because of ed’s lack of involvement with the brand and quitting skateboarding in order to make art?

Sure, ed invests his art earnings back into toy and he still designs the graphics but still
if ed was more involved with team decisions and going out and skating with the team etc maybe toy would still feel like the good ol classic toy we all grew up with

But i know. Things and times change and people grow up.
Just ranting and dreaming here
[close]

Classic toy had Jamie at the unofficial helm running shit.   When he left, Todd Swank was probably running shit and then alienated Bam which led to the post-Jump exodus that left Toy just Ed and Austin Stephens.
[close]
Very True.
I guess i just really want to see ed skate again it’s all.
Kevin barnett did have a promising thing going on during the good and evil era, i wonder what got him fired like jordan taylor said in his bunt interview
[close]
Not wanting to be too mean but I don't think we'll really see Ed skate legit again. He did an interview recently and he was breathing like tony soprano, pretty sure he's 50 and has had two broken necks and a dozen concussions it's probably not worth it to really risk anything.

Not sure about bringing a downfall but as a toy machine fan (not quite a loyal pawn) what tipped me off first for this brand might suck now was when they did all that price point, sock character shit. Like you could get any colour full head to toe matching hat, beanie, t shirt, hoody, sweatpants, socks, belt, wallet, deck, wheels, prob other random shit
[close]
Templeton had a gnarly leg injury maybe 10 years ago, worst thing it happened at a demo too.

This plays a huge factor into Ed’s skate career ending, I think in the same video his wife expresses that she doesn’t want him to skate anymore and wants him to enjoy this part of his life while being healthy.

Georgia turning pro so quick is definitely a head scratcher, not because she isn’t good but because she is just recently started getting proper coverage. I’ve followed her on IG for awhile and she skates with Poe Pinson and some other gals that ride for different brands. Seems unlikely but could be a situation where they didn’t want her poached.

Toy as a whole continues to be weird and without an identity but I’m looking forward to the video. Myles is always fun to watch and I’m sure Hoban has some gnarly stuff.

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 100
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2024, 06:17:20 PM »
Can't believe you can go pro without ever putting a part and having apparently a big number of people who never heard about you.

Recently I pretty much hear of people the first time because they turned pro

Shortys Hardware

• Rep: 113
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2024, 06:21:49 PM »
Posted this in the bunt thread but the fact that Sinclair said there was no plans for jordan taylor to turn pro is still insane...

By all reports sinclair is a nice guy, but he has his fingers in too many pies...also how can you trust a TM that doesn't want to fly? That rules out international travel for your team lol. How many international trips do you think Tum Yeto companies have gone on in the last 10 plus years? 1?

Tonyhawk-prostate

• Rep: -116
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2024, 06:26:11 PM »
Full Georgia part confirmed

« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 06:47:35 PM by Tonyhawk-prostate »
Big fat nollie tre

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2024, 07:30:25 PM »
Posted this in the bunt thread but the fact that Sinclair said there was no plans for jordan taylor to turn pro is still insane...

By all reports sinclair is a nice guy, but he has his fingers in too many pies...also how can you trust a TM that doesn't want to fly? That rules out international travel for your team lol. How many international trips do you think Tum Yeto companies have gone on in the last 10 plus years? 1?

I don’t think Tum Yeto could afford plane tickets.   

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 205
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2024, 09:41:16 PM »
It’s weird that Toy is kinda whatever but Foundation keeps putting out amazing vids