Author Topic: Yonnie Cruz caught in a Stuckey situation, RAPE ALLEGATIONS, victims share texts  (Read 182572 times)

Punished Skateboards

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 61

conqueso

I wonder if Kenny Anderson uses his skate “celebrity” status to manipulate and emotionally harass others like he did that one girl on insta.

the whole camp been on some fake celebrity shit for like 25 years lol

tura

• Rep: 45
Playing the devil's advocate now.

I think Yonnie's apology was insincere and probably ghostwritten. And I think him dipping out of his 'semi-fame' was strategic rather than empathetic.

But maybe he'll be forced to grow from this. Everyone has blind spots. Growing up in the 90s/early 2000s, I remember  being encouraged toward what would now be considered predatory behaviour. By not only my peers, but older male family members, and, in a sense, society itself at the time. Being overly sensitive to any invasions of my personal space as a child/teen, I never found the ability to impose myself ruthlessly on another person, sexually or otherwise. And I was made to feel like a little bitch for this. I'm now thankful for my hestiance, but it's easy to see how this kind of behaviour has been encouraged and cultivated. Not to excuse this kind of shit, just speaking from a paradoxically privileged vantage point of rejecting the popular perspective of the time I grew up in by virtue of not being comfortable being a part of it. I guess I'm describing toxic masculinity right now.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that this may be a wake up call for a misguided misogynist. Even if his apologies are lacking in substance, it might be a slow step toward self-awareness for someone who spent their life trying to live up to the wrong ideal. I understand that this is a very idealistic take on this. It's also an allegory for the whole movement of calling dudes out on their predatory behaviour.

And if I'm wrong, fuck that dude. But I hope I'm right. I hope that accountability breeds evolution.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 312
A sad part of all this is that the industry not the culture still has a ton of predators and abusers. That LA Times article mentioned the Black Lips and Dustin Dollin in a free lunch talks about hanging out with them and how they’re “wilder” than him. Yonnie even though he was on Chocolate is still small in the industry compared to someone like Dollin. If shit like this came out about someone who’s huge in the industry do you really think they’d get kicked out. Figgys accusations were terrible and he’s still on Baker.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
I have no sympathy for YC but on the subject of sex addicts, typically, true sex addicts are willing to have sex with anyone at anytime. Male/female, attractive, not attractive.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
Do you guys remember him posting that clip on his story of him getting head after turning pro, or a video premier?

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Gnar Kook
Expand Quote
I wonder if Kenny Anderson uses his skate “celebrity” status to manipulate and emotionally harass others like he did that one girl on insta.
[close]

the whole camp been on some fake celebrity shit for like 25 years lol

Seriously

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 196
Do you guys remember him posting that clip on his story of him getting head after turning pro, or a video premier?

ahh yeah, after he went pro and got kinda famous

dannyprovolone

Expand Quote
OK so i will weigh in on this situation, just because this Ink chick has made Slap the focal point of this dudes whole career.

Yonnie Cruz is a sex addict
Thats first and foremost in my mind as i have watched this situation unfold
he couldnt help it i dont think
maybe it be personal experiences or toxicity in the male culture that brought him to this point but the dude could not stop fucking
and from what ive read, the end all, do all for sex addiction is the spreading of STD's
its just gonna happen
its terrible for these women and i dont know the exact percentage of condom usage, or what the safest option even is, but i think if your hooking up with someone like yonnie you are aiming for danger
maybe if youre hooking up with someone who you perceive is a 'bad boy' it might come with some after affects
and if you are male and grew up in the 90's, things weren't so PC as they are now, they were a little curvy, being bad was good and being good was bad. and yonnie grew up in this. he has been working in an upward momentum his whole life, trying to get out of being at the bottom. i dont think he came from much. It might be hard to sympathize now but i just want to put in that this person gave 1,000's and 1,000s of hours to an activity you know nothing about or can comprehend the complexities of. the gritty ass streets, the gutters, the ditches, the back alley trenches. HE WAS THERE
HARD AT WORK

that being said i do not support the decision to have sex with random girls while having herpes
this is inexcusable,

but i am not a sex addict

I will continue to admire his part in the historic 'Static' videos
[close]

Thank god you chose to weigh in.  We’ve all been waiting on whoever you are to finally say their piece

has cheetah sheets written all over it

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
He is very bad man, Crail's reputation is forever tarnished. Lets move on with our lives.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
I feel bad for Carl Aikens and Erik Herrera.  They can do better.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
I’m currently taking bets if the nine club will bring this up.....

Circaskater420

• Rep: -76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Is it wrong to say that I respect WKND a lot more after this? 

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140

I’m guessing not. They haven’t mentioned any of the other “scandals”. They haven’t said anything about KA, Biebel, Nyjah etc. You can tell that they try and be neutral on pretty much every issue and don’t want to be controversial whatsoever. They still talk about Kenny and what a great human they think he is. Crob, Justin and Jeron also think Craig is the greatest thing to bless the earth, so I doubt they’ll say anything negative about it.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m guessing not. They haven’t mentioned any of the other “scandals”. They haven’t said anything about KA, Biebel, Nyjah etc. You can tell that they try and be neutral on pretty much every issue and don’t want to be controversial whatsoever. They still talk about Kenny and what a great human they think he is. Crob, Justin and Jeron also think Craig is the greatest thing to bless the earth, so I doubt they’ll say anything negative about it.
What’s funny is Steezus said that within current industry the Nine Club is so relevant that in a story mode version of “Skate” the Nine Club would be one of the features. Yet this story is pretty “current” and part of the industry yet they won’t touch it with a 10 foot pole. And you know Chris and Roger read slap and will read this.

Punished Skateboards

• Rep: 61

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Well they did have 1010 on their show which was a pretty bold (albeit sponsored) move for them

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Idk

• SLAP Pal
Well they did have 1010 on their show which was a pretty bold (albeit sponsored) move for them
Yet they had a chance to ask him real questions and only Roger asked “are you a nazi” and he never even gave a straight answer.

Stretch

• Rep: 19

Ofcourse not, why would they? Funny how Slap expects the nine club to be some sort of news channel while it's just a podcast of a group of friends talking about skating and other random stuff. Plus if Yonnie or Kenny was a good friend of yours would you talk about the stuff they did on camera for the world to see? guess not

cherry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
If they don’t bring this up I’m never watching it again. Honestly I don’t watch the stop and chat at all but I miss the in person interviews.

It’s weird to me that as a bunch of grown men some with kids they can’t bridge the gap between respecting and welcoming female skaters while also calling out there own teammates for dis respecting females.

So you’re telling me if yonnie knowingly spread an std to jerons child he wouldn’t bring it up or even condone yonnie? Or he just didn’t see it as a big of an issue cuz it’s not his kid???

TheDingus

The nine club is entertainment. Not a news show. But you know who should bring it up? Skateline. Get em Gary.

lk130

• Topic and Post Probation
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -829
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Smh this long topic
I need Cariuma -Me

yungxmulaxbaby

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Expand Quote
[close]
Yet they had a chance to ask him real questions and only Roger asked “are you a nazi” and he never even gave a straight answer.
I never said it went well! 1010 is a hot mess but they did at least “try” to tackle the topic

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

dannyprovolone

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I never said it went well! 1010 is a hot mess but they did at least “try” to tackle the topic

he was there to clear his name so he could keep the shell of a career brands built around him

not to acklowlege his wrongdoings.....as he did not. subtle but huge difference

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
What’s funny is Steezus said that within current industry the Nine Club is so relevant that in a story mode version of “Skate” the Nine Club would be one of the features. Yet this story is pretty “current” and part of the industry yet they won’t touch it with a 10 foot pole. And you know Chris and Roger read slap and will read this.

Nah Kelly and steezus be lurking for sure...but just like Gary and skateline they really just have a small bit / slightly relevant skate following...but no one really takes the shows seriously...although 9club started out strong

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Expand Quote
[close]
they asked him plenty of hard-hitting questions!! what kind of grip tape do you ride, do you care about wheel base, do you like new shoes with an old board. he was probably shaking in his doc martens

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 792
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
OK so i will weigh in on this situation, just because this Ink chick has made Slap the focal point of this dudes whole career.

Yonnie Cruz is a sex addict
Thats first and foremost in my mind as i have watched this situation unfold
he couldnt help it i dont think
maybe it be personal experiences or toxicity in the male culture that brought him to this point but the dude could not stop fucking
and from what ive read, the end all, do all for sex addiction is the spreading of STD's
its just gonna happen
its terrible for these women and i dont know the exact percentage of condom usage, or what the safest option even is, but i think if your hooking up with someone like yonnie you are aiming for danger
maybe if youre hooking up with someone who you perceive is a 'bad boy' it might come with some after affects
and if you are male and grew up in the 90's, things weren't so PC as they are now, they were a little curvy, being bad was good and being good was bad. and yonnie grew up in this. he has been working in an upward momentum his whole life, trying to get out of being at the bottom. i dont think he came from much. It might be hard to sympathize now but i just want to put in that this person gave 1,000's and 1,000s of hours to an activity you know nothing about or can comprehend the complexities of. the gritty ass streets, the gutters, the ditches, the back alley trenches. HE WAS THERE
HARD AT WORK

that being said i do not support the decision to have sex with random girls while having herpes
this is inexcusable,

but i am not a sex addict

I will continue to admire his part in the historic 'Static' videos
[close]

Thank god you chose to weigh in.  We’ve all been waiting on whoever you are to finally say their piece
[close]

has cheetah sheets written all over it

nah, cheetah used to talk about fucking so so much, and now you think he’d say that he’s not a sex addict?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 09:34:31 AM by roba »
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

too fakie

• Rep: 63
I don’t even remember the Nine Club ever saying anything when Dylan Rieder passed. Not even a small tribute. That’s when I knew their goal was to be the most vanilla skateboard show of all time.

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
Sam Smyth all like "Mike, Rick, Megan ... I need a commotion ASAP!"
A commotion lesion broke out

Rubbrick

• Rep: 140
Expand Quote
[close]

Ofcourse not, why would they? Funny how Slap expects the nine club to be some sort of news channel while it's just a podcast of a group of friends talking about skating and other random stuff. Plus if Yonnie or Kenny was a good friend of yours would you talk about the stuff they did on camera for the world to see? guess not

I mean that’s kind of what the experience is. They talk about current videos and events in skating what happened that week. They address stuff that extends skating - people who’ve died and current political and social events that’ve happened during that week. From injuries, people’s families getting sick, Black and Asian racism, etc. It’s not a stretch to think that they would talk about a skater on their team, even though they probably will not. And they wouldn’t be considered good friends after finding out what they did. Everyone should hold the people close to them accountable for issues as serious as abuse, spreading sti’s, etc.