Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 225033 times)

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #2670 on: April 12, 2019, 06:53:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What skateboarders do you think would make good hockey players? My line-up:

Sewa Kroetkov - Hjalte Halberg - Gershon Mosely

Austin Kanfoush - Greyson Fletcher

Sluggo
[close]

Cory Kennedy- hjalte-shane oneille

Jamie foy-dashawn Jordan

Fred gall
[close]

You can't just take my center like that.
[close]

His contract was up and I offered him more, plus better tax breaks.

Sorry I had to crail camp you from world

GO LEAFS GO!

Way too go marner!!!!
[close]

That Marner penalty shot was fucking slick. Boston couldn't keep up all night.

Marner is savage! Agreed, our speed is too much. Also tavares ender was just classic veteran play

Islanders vrw pens game tonight is nuts!!!!
Gentleman ninja warlock

wiggitywiggity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
  • You Don't Gnome Me Man!
« Reply #2671 on: April 12, 2019, 10:49:32 PM »
Tampa, the sleeping giants, now done 2-0 DAMN! Jackets didn’t give them an inch of ice, impressive shutting down that speed. (PS and I hate the Jackets)

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2672 on: April 12, 2019, 10:54:49 PM »
Tampa, the sleeping giants, now done 2-0 DAMN! Jackets didn’t give them an inch of ice, impressive shutting down that speed. (PS and I hate the Jackets)

Tampa down 0-2, Winnipeg down 0-2, Pittsburgh down 0-2

Crazy
Gentleman ninja warlock

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2673 on: April 13, 2019, 06:54:46 AM »
How many of those 2-0 leads are lost....at least one. 

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #2674 on: April 13, 2019, 07:31:40 AM »
The Jackets and Isles didn't just squeak by last night, they dominated. NHL playoffs never fail to make me regret betting.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2675 on: April 13, 2019, 09:31:01 AM »
The Jackets and Isles didn't just squeak by last night, they dominated. NHL playoffs never fail to make me regret betting.

That's what's gun to watch. I havent seen but maybe two islanders games all season, and not one Columbus game.

You're right, they dominated. When you make Pittsburgh look that bad, your playing really fuckin good hockey

If tampa goes out first round, I'm gonna have to laugh so hard. Going for records this season to a first round exit would be hilarious. But I'd feel for stevie Y because hes my favorite of all time. But my friend jumps on the bandwagon so hard, I'd love to rub it in his face
Gentleman ninja warlock

PlugSkullcandy

• Rep: 93
« Reply #2676 on: April 13, 2019, 07:14:46 PM »
You guys are very lucky to have the NHL.
I’m from France and I played hockey in my hometown (was a goalie) but here hockey is not a big deal. I have true love for hockey, the same I have for skateboarding. Right now i’m back from a party (i’M a little drunk haha) and i’m watching Bruins vs Maple Leafs.

I went to Montreal this winter and i had the chance to go to a game and wow the skills of these guys... it’s amazing. And the whole game is a show. Sports in North America are very entertaining. The French soccer championship is boring. There are tie games in soccer and i can say it’s boring to see Marseille vs Lyon and nothing happens for 90 minutes. And the jerseys are ugly full of sponsors. I got a Chelios Blackhawks jersey as a kid and i slept wearing it. Slept with my first pro board (a Geoff Rowley one) actually.

So yeah, i love having my European culture etc, but you North Americans have most of the best skateboarders and the best hockey players.

I’m glad there are hockey enthusiasts among skateboarders.

Sorry for this drunk post.
Here is a hockey picture I love

Shaaaaaloooom

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #2677 on: April 14, 2019, 05:34:53 PM »
My buddy scored tickets for Game 3 tomorrow, first Leafs game I'll be going to this season. Here's hoping the officiating is better than last game because holy fuck what a shitshow that was. That Kadri crosscheck on DeBrusk is what happens when you throw the rulebook away and the players have to police themselves.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #2678 on: April 14, 2019, 06:17:11 PM »
My buddy scored tickets for Game 3 tomorrow, first Leafs game I'll be going to this season. Here's hoping the officiating is better than last game because holy fuck what a shitshow that was. That Kadri crosscheck on DeBrusk is what happens when you throw the rulebook away and the players have to police themselves.

Refs were absolutely horrible, but that’s such a weak excuse to justify such a dirty play.

Great game to be at though. The place was electric. I had great time

Also I’ve given this some thought.

Luan - Lucas - wade desarmo

Max palmer  grant Taylor

Heath is goalie because goalies are calculated but crazy

Austyn Gillette said he was pretty good at hockey so he might be able to slot in for Lucas or luan but everyone else I’m dead set on

« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 06:26:55 PM by waltercronkite »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #2679 on: April 14, 2019, 07:37:07 PM »
You guys are very lucky to have the NHL.
I’m from France and I played hockey in my hometown (was a goalie) but here hockey is not a big deal. I have true love for hockey, the same I have for skateboarding. Right now i’m back from a party (i’M a little drunk haha) and i’m watching Bruins vs Maple Leafs.

I went to Montreal this winter and i had the chance to go to a game and wow the skills of these guys... it’s amazing. And the whole game is a show. Sports in North America are very entertaining. The French soccer championship is boring. There are tie games in soccer and i can say it’s boring to see Marseille vs Lyon and nothing happens for 90 minutes. And the jerseys are ugly full of sponsors. I got a Chelios Blackhawks jersey as a kid and i slept wearing it. Slept with my first pro board (a Geoff Rowley one) actually.

So yeah, i love having my European culture etc, but you North Americans have most of the best skateboarders and the best hockey players.

I’m glad there are hockey enthusiasts among skateboarders.

Sorry for this drunk post.
Here is a hockey picture I love

Shaaaaaloooom

This is a great post.  Bummed that hockey in France isn't there but I'm stoked to hear about the Chelios jersey - I had that too growing up.

When it comes to the playoffs, I'm stoked to see the Islanders and Blue Jackets doing so well.  I wish the Canes were better but they're at least making the Caps fight for it it seems.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #2680 on: April 14, 2019, 09:32:34 PM »
I just remembered this thread existed. Lets fucking go Bruins. If we can get through Toronto, and Tampa gets eliminated, I think its gonna be a deep run

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2681 on: April 14, 2019, 10:47:36 PM »
I have a live hate relationship with kadri on the leafs.

Hes skilled, and younger, but he wants to be like marchand(who I fuckin hate, but youde live em on your team)

Difference is kadri picks the worst fuckin times to take penalties and if I see him begging refs for a call again I'm gonna lose my mind.

Of course I hate the Bruins and wanna see the leafs win. But I'd pay money for mar hand to drip the gloves with kadri and knock his ass out.

You can tell he even drives Babcock nuts.

Game 2 could a easily been a huge blowout if it wasnt for Anderson. 4-5 of those saves were almost sure goals.

The leads better play game 3 and for the love of God, play kadri and nylander less. They are responsible for half the goals scored against, if not more.

Also, tiger won the masters today! Fuckin sick!
Gentleman ninja warlock

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2682 on: April 15, 2019, 05:14:16 AM »
I have a live hate relationship with kadri on the leafs.

Hes skilled, and younger, but he wants to be like marchand(who I fuckin hate, but youde live em on your team)

Difference is kadri picks the worst fuckin times to take penalties and if I see him begging refs for a call again I'm gonna lose my mind.

Of course I hate the Bruins and wanna see the leafs win. But I'd pay money for mar hand to drip the gloves with kadri and knock his ass out.

You can tell he even drives Babcock nuts.

Game 2 could a easily been a huge blowout if it wasnt for Anderson. 4-5 of those saves were almost sure goals.

The leads better play game 3 and for the love of God, play kadri and nylander less. They are responsible for half the goals scored against, if not more.

Also, tiger won the masters today! Fuckin sick!

Babcock will for sure play kadri less cause he’s about to be suspended for more than likely the rest of the series.

Kadri getting suspended last year in the playoffs was probably a huge reason the bruins beat the leafs In Game 7. He’s a moron and the scoring wasn’t even there for him this year to back it up.

As a bruins fan I hate when Marchand does cheap shit and absolutely hope he’s held accountable. I’m glad to see a leafs fan not make excuses for his play. I see a lot of leaf and bruins fans make excuses for these guys and I can’t stand it.

Go bruins and go blue jackets I supposed hahahah

cant stop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -76
  • It's all about tricks.
« Reply #2683 on: April 15, 2019, 06:19:34 AM »
Next year we should do a Slap pals bracket challenge league. I always have a league with my close friends who are down with the NHL playoff and we put in some money.

This year I have San Jose taking it over Columbus in the finals. I did an analyze on the Tampa Bay - Columbus match-up. I was thinking which team in the east could actually win over Tampa in a series? I thought Boston, Islanders and Columbus. The reason I think Columbus would take it is because Bobrovsky standing on his dick in goal, they went all in at the trade deadline and picked up some good pieces and started to finally find some dynamic in the last games in the end of the season and all the games the played against the Lightnings was early in the regular season, before the trade deadline.

The last game was amazing. Tampa is not playing bad, but Columbus is like small barking dogs all over Tampas players, the frustration is real. The speed and fast plays between both teams was amazing, but I really think Columbus is just a little bit sharper. But I would not be stunned if Tampa makes a comeback and takes it, thats how good they are, even if they are loosing this series.

Sharks in the other way need to think things trough, I think they have the best team overall. Well its Jones in net that makes me skeptical. But Thornton could be suspended next game and Erik Karlsson got to step up defensively, probably the injury still nagging?
You know what sucks? I always rip my pants when Im having a good time! - The Gonz

PlugSkullcandy

« Reply #2684 on: April 15, 2019, 09:16:35 AM »
Will The Lightning get swept by The Jackets ?
The guys in Columbus got nothing to lose...

In 2012 the Canucks were eliminated in first round by The Kings, who ended up winning..  ::)

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2685 on: April 15, 2019, 10:06:29 AM »
Will The Lightning get swept by The Jackets ?
The guys in Columbus got nothing to lose...

In 2012 the Canucks were eliminated in first round by The Kings, who ended up winning..  ::)

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2686 on: April 16, 2019, 12:43:13 PM »
I have zero issues calling out players on the team I back, kadri is an asshole with poor timing. If hes not suspended by now(dont have a TV here right now), hed be riding the bench.

That being said, awesome win against the bruins last night!!!!

Didnt get to finish watching colorado vrs flames, but 3-0 real quick didnt look so good for the flames lol
Gentleman ninja warlock

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2687 on: April 16, 2019, 12:43:52 PM »
Also, 100% rooting for the islander to take out Pittsburgh
Gentleman ninja warlock

PlugSkullcandy

« Reply #2688 on: April 16, 2019, 02:06:41 PM »
I have zero issues calling out players on the team I back, kadri is an asshole with poor timing. If hes not suspended by now(dont have a TV here right now), hed be riding the bench.

Didnt get to finish watching colorado vrs flames, but 3-0 real quick didnt look so good for the flames lol

Kadri is suspended for the rest of the 1st round

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #2689 on: April 16, 2019, 03:31:43 PM »
Also, 100% rooting for the islander to take out Pittsburgh
At this point I'd say a series win is inevitable, and a sweep is not unlikely. Also, I think tonight's game is going to get chippy, ugly, even disgraceful.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2690 on: April 16, 2019, 04:11:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Kadri is suspended for the rest of the 1st round

GOOD!!!!

Now if we could fire out w to keep 10 giveaways that many have led to goals against,  from Nylander(aka bench him)

Agreed with tonight's Pittsburgh game. Shes gonna get ugly. Pittsburgh isnt gonna go down without a fight.

Also, tampa 🤣😂🤣😂🤣 . See ya!
Gentleman ninja warlock

Kumiko

« Reply #2691 on: April 16, 2019, 07:35:04 PM »
Lightning swept, Penguins swept... what a crazy start to the first round

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2692 on: April 16, 2019, 10:26:22 PM »

Fully back it!!!!

Time for someone else to shine
Gentleman ninja warlock

PlugSkullcandy

« Reply #2693 on: April 17, 2019, 03:17:55 AM »
Hahahaha RIP NHL professional analysts predictions

Gotta love logic-defying moments

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2694 on: April 17, 2019, 08:37:20 AM »
Hahahaha RIP NHL professional analysts predictions

Gotta love logic-defying moments

Lol, get ready for the "professional analysis saying, "we seen in coming, we just didnt want to say that (insert team here) was a unseen powerhouse we expected to go along way into the playoffs"
Gentleman ninja warlock

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1589
« Reply #2695 on: April 17, 2019, 08:44:39 AM »
Yeah, the best team and probably the most experienced team gone....I love it.  I thought maybe the Sharks could go deep this year but Vegas looks so good...

element4life

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2696 on: April 17, 2019, 09:51:06 AM »
leafs flames finals calling it now

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #2697 on: April 17, 2019, 10:38:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fully back it!!!!

Time for someone else to shine

I was so stoked. Now just need to eat the Blues out of there and I’m good.

I’d love to see a dark horse like CBJ take it.

Hevonen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #2698 on: April 17, 2019, 11:03:12 AM »
leafs flames finals calling it now

No way, Flames won't even be getting past Colorado. Winnipeg - CBJ heard it here first

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #2699 on: April 17, 2019, 12:18:06 PM »
Classic San Jose hockey  :'(