Author Topic: Spitfire formula four  (Read 720626 times)

Fooj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 188
Re: Spitfire formula four
« Reply #3270 on: March 07, 2021, 07:56:22 PM »
I wish regular radials and classic fulls were more widely available. i like the rounded edge with some surface for grip

z_tx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #3271 on: March 07, 2021, 08:25:24 PM »
Does anyone here maybe know if the Lock-In's will ever be sold again? Always wanted to try these. Best of two worlds in my opinion. Rolling up curbs for slappys, locking grinds in on ledges. At least in my theory ^^

you can still find lock ins (limited sizes) on paradeworld

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1038
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3272 on: March 08, 2021, 12:50:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Does anyone here maybe know if the Lock-In's will ever be sold again? Always wanted to try these. Best of two worlds in my opinion. Rolling up curbs for slappys, locking grinds in on ledges. At least in my theory ^^
[close]
Dunno, maybe discontinued because they weren't popular. Asymmetrical wheels are not practical. They sucked for crooks too, same problem someone above was having with the tablets
[close]

what was the whole deal with people on here skating them backwards?

seems like the most popular shapes are ; classics and conical fulls

When lock ins become lock outs?

Funny though because the OJ Elite has the asymetric shape, so you can skate them on the rounded side, or on the conical side and they work just as well either way depending on what you want to achieve, so in theory you can skate the Spitfire lock ins either way, having either a tablet face or a conical face on the inside.

An interesting thing with two different sets of 99 duro 55 mm lock ins that I have seen is the bearing seat is offset towards the conical "front" side on one set, and then offset towards the tablet or "back" side on the other set, maybe the first set being very old and the second set being fairly new, but it definitely makes for a different setup.

I also saw this recently, where Alex has his on the tablet / flat face out in the pic, but round the other way in the clip.

Interesting!

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

fairydinkum

• Rep: 17
« Reply #3273 on: March 08, 2021, 10:38:06 PM »
New Conical Fulls 97DU, coming soon

ah! My new favourite wheel!

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #3274 on: March 08, 2021, 11:09:30 PM »
i wonder how different these 97a's would be from my slimeball 97's

been riding the slimeballs recently after being 99a classics, and have to say for grinds im really enjoying the width and square edge of the slimeballs

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #3275 on: March 09, 2021, 07:13:43 AM »
97 conical full would be like a slightly squarer slimeball

sounds like a good wheel for crust

sbmfj

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3276 on: March 09, 2021, 08:00:32 AM »
Had apair for FF that chipped. Emailed Spitfire, and got a new set in the mail yesterday!
So stoked!
And they threw in some wax and a face mask!

Thanks Spitfire / DLX.

Spitfires for life!

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #3277 on: March 09, 2021, 08:38:28 AM »

been riding the slimeballs recently after being 99a classics, and have to say for grinds im really enjoying the width and square edge of the slimeballs

How do they slide?

sammyz

• Rep: 82
« Reply #3278 on: March 09, 2021, 08:45:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How do they slide?

They slide fine when i want them too, but when i don’t  they have good grip and i don’t ever feel that ill slip out

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #3279 on: March 09, 2021, 09:48:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

How do they slide?
[close]

They slide fine when i want them too, but when i don’t  they have good grip and i don’t ever feel that ill slip out

Cool, thanks!

blueskynoise

• Rep: 23
« Reply #3280 on: March 09, 2021, 12:39:10 PM »
I like the 97s on rough and crusty stuff and super slippery indoor stuff. Concrete park 99s are faster for sure.

word

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #3281 on: March 09, 2021, 01:18:43 PM »
I have never in my life seen classic fulls. Wider riding surface but same rounded sides? I love the classics, just wish they were a bit wider in the surface area, so these sound dope.
IG: @flowterspace

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #3282 on: March 09, 2021, 01:45:01 PM »
I have never in my life seen classic fulls. Wider riding surface but same rounded sides? I love the classics, just wish they were a bit wider in the surface area, so these sound dope.

I had a set of the Classic Full 99's a few years ago.  Not sure they're still in production.

I'm psyched to try out some of those 97a Conical Fulls though, and they will go on my cruiser and probably hit the spot I'm looking for.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #3283 on: March 09, 2021, 01:50:28 PM »
classic fulls are very good

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3284 on: March 09, 2021, 02:13:14 PM »

Frank and Fred

« Reply #3285 on: March 09, 2021, 05:11:16 PM »
classic fulls are very good

Currently on some Classic Fulls right now. One of those wheels that just seems to get better the more you break them in.

56s but probably 55s at this point.

Fooj

« Reply #3286 on: March 09, 2021, 06:05:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I had a set of the Classic Full 99's a few years ago.  Not sure they're still in production.

I'm psyched to try out some of those 97a Conical Fulls though, and they will go on my cruiser and probably hit the spot I'm looking for.

found these while lookng at their NB sale. Not great pictures posted so heres a CCS pic of the 56mm version. Im on some right now and theyre great
https://www.brushalleyskateshop.com/product/spitfire-f4-99d-ransom-classics-full-natural-54mm/5100?cp=true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=true

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3287 on: March 09, 2021, 06:15:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

The classic full is actually the original Bighead shape, so a slightly wider, but rounded wheel, which they still make, if you needed a comparison, but I find the normal classics in slightly bigger sizes wear down perfectly to be a "classic full" shape anyway.

Re Spitfire size chart, the funny thing is those size charts never got it right, as they have the Classics wider than the Classic Full wheels from 56 up.

It is my preferred wheel and although they only came out for a shorter run in the natural colour blue F4 swirl graphic, they have been coming out for the pro one off versions of the Lance Mountain and the Grosso wheels, of which I have lots.

54 x 34 is right, with 19 riding surface
56 x 35.5 with 20 riding surface
58 x 37 with 22 riding surface

Call me weird or whatever, but I used to buy these in sets of four, so I could have the full set of normal wheels and people I know could get the full set of coloured wheels, which was almost a complete one off, so they were happy and I was happy to have the rest.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1017
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #3288 on: March 09, 2021, 07:14:19 PM »

Call me weird or whatever, but I used to buy these in sets of four, so I could have the full set of normal wheels and people I know could get the full set of coloured wheels, which was almost a complete one off, so they were happy and I was happy to have the rest.

I've been known to do that just to get full colorway sets as well.

Fooj

« Reply #3289 on: March 09, 2021, 08:49:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I've been known to do that just to get full colorway sets as well.

chess not checkers. Great idea

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3290 on: March 10, 2021, 07:31:09 AM »
I took a trip down memory lane looking for something else and came across the old Catalogs from 2015, still up for now...

https://www.dlxsf.com/fall15/sf.html

Diocletian

« Reply #3291 on: March 11, 2021, 07:53:29 AM »
I think NFG teardrops are comparable to classic fulls

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #3292 on: March 11, 2021, 02:26:47 PM »
Wow. Thanks so much ya all for the info. Will see if I can find classic fulls in Germany/Europe.

My 54mm radial slims are down to 50mm and I can feel that East-German crust a lot in my ankles ^^
I absolutely hate every new part so I ride it to infinity, be it decks, shoes, bushings.
IG: @flowterspace

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3293 on: March 11, 2021, 06:22:55 PM »
I took a trip down memory lane looking for something else and came across the old Catalogs from 2015, still up for now...

https://www.dlxsf.com/fall15/sf.html

Feeling this era of Spitfire wheels, they gave colorways to more pros and the graphics were louder too.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #3294 on: March 12, 2021, 10:10:09 AM »
Kinda wish I was still skating in 2015. Dope catalog. I would have picked up a few things.
ok thanks

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #3295 on: March 12, 2021, 03:35:39 PM »
Wow. Thanks so much ya all for the info. Will see if I can find classic fulls in Germany/Europe.

My 54mm radial slims are down to 50mm and I can feel that East-German crust a lot in my ankles ^^
I absolutely hate every new part so I ride it to infinity, be it decks, shoes, bushings.

not sure how berlin shops handle it, but maybe try calling in. i know some shops kept the new wheel shipment off their sites so as to be able to sell them to locals. so maybe hit them up if they happen to have something instore that is not on the site if you can't find them. it seems like it's hard for most shops to get a good shipment in, the wheelsets trickle down more or less. haven't checked the german distro for a while, but even they don't seem to get large shipments atm. so it's been a race everytime a new batch of wheels comes in. just take a look out for fakes, but as long as you buy from reputable shops, that shouldn't be a problem. but i've seen some spits sold online by some big retailers here that were assumed to be china fakes.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3296 on: March 12, 2021, 06:37:57 PM »
Things might just be starting to get back to what could be considered normal, with 5000 sets of wheels coming in to Australia recently, but still not as many options and lots of some, none of others.

Not a worry to me though, as it seems like there are plenty of the most sought after options.

For the people after very specific shapes and sizes and duro, you might have to go with whatever is more available, but I think that is better than riding some other brands that are out there.

There really is no better feeling wheel than Formula Four, especially the 99 duro which just holds up so much better than the 101, but again that is just an opinion shared by many.

moeb74

• Rep: 1
« Reply #3297 on: March 13, 2021, 03:50:52 AM »
Not sure if this was posted or not, but this was the insert that came with my wheels a few days ago

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3298 on: March 13, 2021, 07:17:49 AM »
Not sure if this was posted or not, but this was the insert that came with my wheels a few days ago

That is the new one with the OG Classics on it, also looks cleaner in the 2 x 2 wheel packaging rather than the 4 x 1 longer packaging most F4 wheels come in and good detail on the pic too, which really helps.

Thanks!

GoldenGateHeights

• Rep: 16
« Reply #3299 on: March 13, 2021, 02:40:11 PM »
Anyone tried the 97 duro Formula Four Classics? Huge fan of 80HD Chargers + OG Classics, but looking for something a little in-between for everyday use.