Author Topic: John Motta of demons  (Read 4417 times)

slapcurbsnotwomen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 19
Re: John Motta of demons
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2024, 12:17:47 AM »
Is he gonna get in siren skateboards now like Nick merlino

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2024, 12:31:08 AM »
I want to say let it be if he’s found peace in his life, but this is coming off as even deeper delusions.
Someone close should reach out and try to convince him to seek physiological help.
^This
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2024, 08:03:17 AM »
He very much reminds me of my schizophrenic mother, why is it always jesus, angels and demons?

JamesFardy

• Rep: 62
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2024, 08:48:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think John has struggled with mental health issues, and pretty openly if I recall. I wasn't sure if this was satirical or not, I had to watch a lot of it to realize he probably is serious. I love the dude, but it does seem like he suffers tremendously from his own brain at times. If this is what helps bring him peace then I'm happy for him. Not my cup of tea, but it doesn't have to be.
[close]

mad respect, good take
[close]

I don't think turning to religion as an attempt to escape his very real and clear delusions and mental health issues should be seen as a good take. It should be seen as a downward spiral and unfortunately common acceleration of his mental health issues and he needs real help.

No respect, bad take

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3370
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2024, 01:26:36 PM »
Is Motta the guy who was always deep diving into sewers and storm drains?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2024, 05:09:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I think John has struggled with mental health issues, and pretty openly if I recall. I wasn't sure if this was satirical or not, I had to watch a lot of it to realize he probably is serious. I love the dude, but it does seem like he suffers tremendously from his own brain at times. If this is what helps bring him peace then I'm happy for him. Not my cup of tea, but it doesn't have to be.
[close]

mad respect, good take
[close]

I don't think turning to religion as an attempt to escape his very real and clear delusions and mental health issues should be seen as a good take. It should be seen as a downward spiral and unfortunately common acceleration of his mental health issues and he needs real help.
[close]

No respect, bad take

Why? Tell me how not seeking professional help is a good choice here.

In the US especially, religious delusions are frequent manifestations of deepening and worsening mental illness. Tell me how looking to religion to deal with a mental illness that a person has openly admitted having spent years struggling with in lieu of seeking professional, medical help is a good thing and not just adding more fuel to the fire.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2024, 07:34:48 PM »
This is sad. I had heard that he suffered from a few issues but I never realized how severe the problems were.

I hope he can find actual peace somehow. I don't see this helping, instead I'd guess that this will just feed the delusions/paranoia.

He used his talent to create interesting, unique, and fun video parts. Certainly one of the most fun skaters to watch. I'd like to see the dude healthy and putting out a few more interesting parts.  8)

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Mallie

• Rep: 42
« Reply #37 on: Today at 01:49:47 AM »
I'm not high on religion, especially of organized sort, but if any kind of spirituality helps you and brings you peace - go for it. Fuck it, even organized one. If the structure helps you and if you need to attend services the same way you attend AA/NA meetings etc. - sure, why, doesn't harm anyone.

But it needs to be a part of a complete and multi-disciplinary assesment, diagnosis and a "supplement" to physiological and psychological help you get. If you are aware that you have mental health issues, even have ones diagnosed (especially ones based on delusions and paranoias), and then just wake up one day and say - oh, nope, no problem, I found a theory that proves I'm perfectly fine - yeah, no, it ain't it chief.

Wouldn't care otherwise, but I really like his skating and would really love for anyone that troubled to find proper peace, not an illusion of it, or to replace it with another obsession.
Chi vive in baracca, chi suda il salario,
Chi ruba pensioni, chi ha scarsa memoria,
Chi ha crisi interiori, chi scava nei cuori,
Chi legge la mano, chi regna sovrano,
Chi suda, chi lotta, chi mangia una volta,
Chi gli manca la casa, chi vive da solo,
Chi trova scontato, chi come ha trovato...

pbj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #38 on: Today at 01:13:42 PM »
How long did he have to bake his brain in the sun to come out this way? Arizona must be hot as fuck.

Dude’s brain got cooked.

I remember him posting anti-COVID propaganda on Facebook during peak pandemic and I basically wrote him off as cooked after that.

Not sure what the whole supplement thing was about but I kind of ignored that.

AnthonyHawkins

• Rep: 2
« Reply #39 on: Today at 01:43:23 PM »
skate mental got him mental

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 734
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #40 on: Today at 01:46:46 PM »
I bet everything in my wallet that he is a Trump voter. Any takers? This is your chance to win $1.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

fuck_that_guy

• Rep: 336
« Reply #41 on: Today at 02:34:14 PM »
fuck that guy

Groondor the Orc

• Rep: -132
  • Doper than Joey Bast’s shelltoes
« Reply #42 on: Today at 02:46:05 PM »
Johns a based dude

Ninj2

• Rep: -99
« Reply #43 on: Today at 03:37:48 PM »
Bug tacos my Gs
Jamie Foy is a real
One

Ninj2

« Reply #44 on: Today at 04:15:41 PM »
For real tho. It’s ok to eat bugs. If you want too.Karmakli  speaking
Like that nirvana song where they sing about fish
Not having feelings. But turns out fish do have feelings and that aquarium is a prison. Anyways. Bugs is a hive mind. You can eat like bugs all day and that hive mind that exist beyond our understand means it’s ok to kill individual bugs. I kill mosquitos on sight breh. I’d rather watch John Motta and his bug tacos skate then Jamie foy even though I ain’t eating bug tacos either drag his foot down a rail.

Ninj2

« Reply #45 on: Today at 04:32:19 PM »
I don’t give a fuck how mentally ill he appear to anyone. As long as he nice and comply with the regular rules of society  and not participate in genocide or act like Chris Cole then who the fuck  we to say he don’t know what’s best for him?

whagman

• Rep: -13
« Reply #46 on: Today at 04:34:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

mad respect, good take
[close]

[close]

No respect, bad take
[close]

Why? Tell me how not seeking professional help is a good choice here.

In the US especially, religious delusions are frequent manifestations of deepening and worsening mental illness. Tell me how looking to religion to deal with a mental illness that a person has openly admitted having spent years struggling with in lieu of seeking professional, medical help is a good thing and not just adding more fuel to the fire.

i originally replied to the first comment in this mini thread because it sounded like work lurker was coming from a place of love and attempt to understand. it felt like a good take in the face of the first few comments of the thread that didn’t wish John good will, and kind of wrote him off as another crazy.
john probably needs psychiatric help, but it seems to me the first step for people on the outside looking in is to try and understand where he is coming from, then maybe with conversations, hopefully guide the person towards the help they need.

we can’t really do anything to change someone if they don’t want help, but just writing “oh lord,” and “sheesh nutty,” minimizes john’s struggles and doesn’t lead to productivity.

then again, this is the internet and maybe i take everything to seriously

Ninj2

« Reply #47 on: Today at 04:49:01 PM »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #48 on: Today at 04:50:28 PM »
I want him to get help too, which is why I want him to get help from things that work and not just turn to religion instead. I don't think him or anyone just being religious is suffering from a mental illness, but more that he needs help from a mental health professional, has been open about his issues, and religion is not going to help him as anything more than a temporary fix. And it might even make things worse and who knows if it might open him to other dangers as well.

I could have made that more clear probably.

Mallie ultimately came in and made a post I broadly agree with:
I'm not high on religion, especially of organized sort, but if any kind of spirituality helps you and brings you peace - go for it. Fuck it, even organized one. If the structure helps you and if you need to attend services the same way you attend AA/NA meetings etc. - sure, why, doesn't harm anyone.

But it needs to be a part of a complete and multi-disciplinary assesment, diagnosis and a "supplement" to physiological and psychological help you get. If you are aware that you have mental health issues, even have ones diagnosed (especially ones based on delusions and paranoias), and then just wake up one day and say - oh, nope, no problem, I found a theory that proves I'm perfectly fine - yeah, no, it ain't it chief.

Wouldn't care otherwise, but I really like his skating and would really love for anyone that troubled to find proper peace, not an illusion of it, or to replace it with another obsession.

Ninj2

« Reply #49 on: Today at 04:58:50 PM »

I ducking hate granddaddy tho.
John Motta deserve nothing but love

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #50 on: Today at 05:55:24 PM »
I would never comment on another man's relationship with God or the path it took him to get there. This thread is rather disgusting and everyone in here should be taking a good hard look at themselves.

Cbdcigarettesaftersex

• Rep: -2
« Reply #51 on: Today at 06:07:41 PM »
Is Motta the guy who was always deep diving into sewers and storm drains?

They say you find god in the darkest places

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #53 on: Today at 06:14:58 PM »
It’s his life so he’s free to do whatever, hope it’s good for him