Author Topic: 2022 unpopular opinion thread  (Read 187757 times)

wahwahwah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Re: 2022 unpopular opinion thread
« Reply #1350 on: July 11, 2022, 10:58:27 AM »
those who think sopranos is overrated should check out sopranos autopsy or some of the analysis out there on each of the episodes for some context and details you might have missed. the show feels pretty fuckin deep to me.
the wire not so much but was still a pretty honest seeming representation of that world and i think that’s what makes it worth watching

realisim of the wire is insane they got all the street names and timings correct and shit also both of the writers have some DEEP knowledge of bmore my favorite show
Sipe nousee sisään,
Niin nousee herkkokin.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1971
« Reply #1351 on: July 11, 2022, 11:02:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Yeah but if that's what you wanna watch go ahead and cheer. There's a soccer field like half a km from my house and I always know when someone scored because I can hear the cheering. Pretty sure the people that play there are nowhere near as good as the top pros. Different people like different things. Or can even see the value of different things.
[close]

It's just annoying when a dude does a trick at the park and gets a small cheer but then when a female does the exact same trick, and most likely not as buttery let's be real, she gets a wayyyy bigger cheer. She's treated like she's better than everyone else. It's over-compensating and it can lead to her becoming arrogant and thinking she's better than everyone else. And she might start relying on that constant approval from an audience or else she might lose motivation to keep skating. Kinda like how many many girls always need self esteem boosts by posting pics on social media and they need that boost every day like a shot of espresso or else they become unhappy. Dudes are more self reliant and skateboarding's all about doing it urself and overcoming ur haters and shit like that. But with skateboarding, we've now just made it illegal to not say something overly positive to females. cuz we're so afraid of coming off as sexist if we say to her "yeah that tre flip needs some work it's not there yet". Like what are we afraid of, that she'll start balling in tears and start telling everyone that ur an asshole? That's blackmail fuck that shit she's a female she's not better than dudes stop spoiling her. This bullshit is forcing dudes to act fake like we know u don't act alll nice like that usually but when females are at the park u start acting like her dad or big brother or something cuz u don't wanna be the guy that's being mean to a girl when in reality u wouldn't be being mean that's just how dudes talk to each other we don't baby each other's emotions we tell it like it is. Ur responsible for ur own emotions and girls need to learn that too and dudes need to learn we're not responsible for girls' emotions. Like dude, u had no problem telling me my trick was whack (i'm a dude). That shit actually did hurt but i held it in to not look like a bitch so i laughed it off. But now ur acting way different to that chick at the park. I know ur not hitting on her ur just being extra kind cuz she's a girl fuck that treat her the same way u treated me. If she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to interact with you plain and simple.

Sounds like people at your park just don't like you very much. Rightfully so.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1352 on: July 11, 2022, 11:27:07 AM »
Expand Quote
those who think sopranos is overrated should check out sopranos autopsy or some of the analysis out there on each of the episodes for some context and details you might have missed. the show feels pretty fuckin deep to me.
the wire not so much but was still a pretty honest seeming representation of that world and i think that’s what makes it worth watching
[close]

It's less a comment about the quality of the sopranos and the wire and more about how much people amped them up for years. Impossible to live up to. They're both good shows but not like there aren't a hundred other shows equally good. Now if I watched them back when they came out I can understand in that context they must of been so much better than everything else of the time but at least since 09 there's been constant good shows every year. But I'll also admit I'm getting kinda burnt out on series in general.

Start listing the 100 others. I think everyone from your stoner friend to film critics agree that those 2 are the top or among the top TV drama series ever. I like plenty of other shows, but you have to remember the context of TV when they came out. It was just after shit like Lost and reality TV was huge and most dramas were really cheesy like ER. By not being traditional networks HBO and others were able to turn a normal show into a movie with a dozenish little chapters. It was a really great way to experience how the stories unfold that very few have been able to do for as many seasons.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 602
« Reply #1353 on: July 11, 2022, 11:35:01 AM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 867
« Reply #1354 on: July 11, 2022, 11:40:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

It's less a comment about the quality of the sopranos and the wire and more about how much people amped them up for years. Impossible to live up to. They're both good shows but not like there aren't a hundred other shows equally good. Now if I watched them back when they came out I can understand in that context they must of been so much better than everything else of the time but at least since 09 there's been constant good shows every year. But I'll also admit I'm getting kinda burnt out on series in general.
[close]

Start listing the 100 others. I think everyone from your stoner friend to film critics agree that those 2 are the top or among the top TV drama series ever. I like plenty of other shows, but you have to remember the context of TV when they came out. It was just after shit like Lost and reality TV was huge and most dramas were really cheesy like ER. By not being traditional networks HBO and others were able to turn a normal show into a movie with a dozenish little chapters. It was a really great way to experience how the stories unfold that very few have been able to do for as many seasons.
Yeah I pretty much said the same thing...
Just for the fun of it: Boardwalk Empire, game of Thrones, breaking bad, The Tudors, mr mercedes, westworld, true detective, fortitude, the bridge, legion, the mist, mystery road, top of the lake, actually fuck it I give up. Annoying that I've seen a billion shows and now can't even remember titles.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
« Reply #1355 on: July 11, 2022, 11:45:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

realisim of the wire is insane they got all the street names and timings correct and shit also both of the writers have some DEEP knowledge of bmore my favorite show

Been listening to The Wire 20th anniversary podcast lately and its mind blowing how many “easter eggs” are in that show. Like the person Omar is based on makes a cameo as one of Omar’s crew and a bunch of other crazy stuff.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
« Reply #1356 on: July 11, 2022, 12:22:53 PM »
Not hating on female skaters but the cheer they get from the crowd is way extra just cuz they're a female that's skateboarding and it's cringe cuz their skill level is obviously not up to par with the average male pro which everyone knows (it's nobody's fault it's just due to the difference in body structure and muscle to fat ratio between the two genders). But ur not allowed to say anything cuz otherwise ur sexist. And the extra cheer doesn't even have to be because they're showing skin or anything they could be wearing normal clothes. That over the top extra cheering that female skaters get is annoying as fuck and it's so obvious. Like chill, we get it that females have been oppressed in the past and they're proving themselves in the skateboard world but the cheering should be based on skill level whether the skater is male or female.

I see girls skateboarding and learning at the skatepark and the support they get from other people is way more than when boys are skating. It's annoying and so obvious. Let the girls be treated equally by not receiving extra attention and support. And the way nobody helps boys up when they get hurt, do the exact same thing with girls when they slam don't pick them up, ask them if they're okay and be all extra caring towards them just cuz they're a girl. Girls wanted to be like the boys by skateboarding and wanted to prove they can hang with the boys so let them. Don't treat them differently when it comes to skateboarding.

I dunno where the fuck you're skating but dudes definitely cheer each other on and help each other up everywhere I've ever skated. Getting major incel vibes from you.
I have a buddy who is trying to learn kick flips for the first time, when he lands his first one I swear to god I'm gonna celebrate like he just won the fucking super bowl. Using your logic I shouldn't be stoked for him at all, I mean, cheering should be based on skill level and clearly his skill level is low and not worthy of praise.

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1357 on: July 11, 2022, 12:53:33 PM »
Outside of rollups and landing modifications, any other addition to spots constitutes a Berra award to me. That includes putting trashcans in front of shit. Looking at you east coast.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

ss

« Reply #1358 on: July 11, 2022, 01:05:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Not hating on female skaters but the cheer they get from the crowd is way extra just cuz they're a female that's skateboarding and it's cringe cuz their skill level is obviously not up to par with the average male pro which everyone knows (it's nobody's fault it's just due to the difference in body structure and muscle to fat ratio between the two genders). But ur not allowed to say anything cuz otherwise ur sexist. And the extra cheer doesn't even have to be because they're showing skin or anything they could be wearing normal clothes. That over the top extra cheering that female skaters get is annoying as fuck and it's so obvious. Like chill, we get it that females have been oppressed in the past and they're proving themselves in the skateboard world but the cheering should be based on skill level whether the skater is male or female.

I see girls skateboarding and learning at the skatepark and the support they get from other people is way more than when boys are skating. It's annoying and so obvious. Let the girls be treated equally by not receiving extra attention and support. And the way nobody helps boys up when they get hurt, do the exact same thing with girls when they slam don't pick them up, ask them if they're okay and be all extra caring towards them just cuz they're a girl. Girls wanted to be like the boys by skateboarding and wanted to prove they can hang with the boys so let them. Don't treat them differently when it comes to skateboarding.
[close]

I dunno where the fuck you're skating but dudes definitely cheer each other on and help each other up everywhere I've ever skated. Getting major incel vibes from you.
I have a buddy who is trying to learn kick flips for the first time, when he lands his first one I swear to god I'm gonna celebrate like he just won the fucking super bowl. Using your logic I shouldn't be stoked for him at all, I mean, cheering should be based on skill level and clearly his skill level is low and not worthy of praise.

idk how old u are but i'm from the generation where we shitted on each other and didn't cheer super hard for each other. Honestly, and it's prolly cuz i was around toxic people, jealousy and competition were the main behaviors when someone was leveling up in the group. i wasn't like that though. The younger generation has banned online bullying and saying words like "gay" to mean that something sucks, but i'm still from that generation. Can't help but cringe when i see super hard cheering on someone's first kickflip. I especially hate when those type of youtube videos get millions of views. Plus you can tell when someone is cheering super hard for u but it's fake. I once cheered super hard for someone when they did a trick and they said "stop patronizing me". I wasn't being fake though i was trying to be a good sport but idk i guess the people i was always around don't see that shit as a good thing they see it as fake. I stand by what i say: Cheering intensity should correlate to skill level. Unless your friend has fallen on rough times and needs a buddy, let him be a man and don't coddle him. He's not a kid. The young generation is soft as FUCK.

tonitonne

« Reply #1359 on: July 11, 2022, 01:08:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

idk how old u are but i'm from the generation where we shitted on each other and didn't cheer super hard for each other. Honestly, and it's prolly cuz i was around toxic people, jealousy and competition were the main behaviors when someone was leveling up in the group. i wasn't like that though. The younger generation has banned online bullying and saying words like "gay" to mean that something sucks, but i'm still from that generation. Can't help but cringe when i see super hard cheering on someone's first kickflip. I especially hate when those type of youtube videos get millions of views. Plus you can tell when someone is cheering super hard for u but it's fake. I once cheered super hard for someone when they did a trick and they said "stop patronizing me". I wasn't being fake though i was trying to be a good sport but idk i guess the people i was always around don't see that shit as a good thing they see it as fake. I stand by what i say: Cheering intensity should correlate to skill level. Unless your friend has fallen on rough times and needs a buddy, let him be a man and don't coddle him. He's not a kid. The young generation is soft as FUCK.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1433
« Reply #1360 on: July 11, 2022, 01:24:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Yeah but if that's what you wanna watch go ahead and cheer. There's a soccer field like half a km from my house and I always know when someone scored because I can hear the cheering. Pretty sure the people that play there are nowhere near as good as the top pros. Different people like different things. Or can even see the value of different things.
[close]

It's just annoying when a dude does a trick at the park and gets a small cheer but then when a female does the exact same trick, and most likely not as buttery let's be real, she gets a wayyyy bigger cheer. She's treated like she's better than everyone else. It's over-compensating and it can lead to her becoming arrogant and thinking she's better than everyone else. And she might start relying on that constant approval from an audience or else she might lose motivation to keep skating. Kinda like how many many girls always need self esteem boosts by posting pics on social media and they need that boost every day like a shot of espresso or else they become unhappy. Dudes are more self reliant and skateboarding's all about doing it urself and overcoming ur haters and shit like that. But with skateboarding, we've now just made it illegal to not say something overly positive to females. cuz we're so afraid of coming off as sexist if we say to her "yeah that tre flip needs some work it's not there yet". Like what are we afraid of, that she'll start balling in tears and start telling everyone that ur an asshole? That's blackmail fuck that shit she's a female she's not better than dudes stop spoiling her. This bullshit is forcing dudes to act fake like we know u don't act alll nice like that usually but when females are at the park u start acting like her dad or big brother or something cuz u don't wanna be the guy that's being mean to a girl when in reality u wouldn't be being mean that's just how dudes talk to each other we don't baby each other's emotions we tell it like it is. Ur responsible for ur own emotions and girls need to learn that too and dudes need to learn we're not responsible for girls' emotions. Like dude, u had no problem telling me my trick was whack (i'm a dude). That shit actually did hurt but i held it in to not look like a bitch so i laughed it off. But now ur acting way different to that chick at the park. I know ur not hitting on her ur just being extra kind cuz she's a girl fuck that treat her the same way u treated me. If she doesn't like it, she doesn't have to interact with you plain and simple.

What if I just fucking learned how to fucking kickflip for the first fucking time or what if i just fucking learned fucking backside tailslides to fucking fakie on a three-inch curb and no one cheers for me fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck & nbsp;&nb sp; notice me me mem eme fuckl

You know what the fuck I fucking need? I need some fucking espresso and a selfie in my fucking life. Just a little. Then everything would be okay. well, I do have an itty bitty teeny tiny bit left. But as of late I can't find it. It's here somewhere. I swear it's here somewhere. I swear I'm not just a talentless sk8er sack of shit. I don't knowwhatiamdoinganymoreeeasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfdsfdsfasdfaddddddd

Okay what is the point of sk8ing if you're a loooosseerrrr yy yy yy y yy y y y y y y yy y y y y y y y yy y y y y y y y y yy y y y y y y y y yy y y y y yy y y y y y y y y y y y y y y yy y y y y y y yy y y y y y y yy y y y y y y y yyyy yy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy IT IS THAT I AM SO FUCKING UNSURE OF MYSELF AND I NEED TO OKAY OKAY OKAY WAI T FUCK Y OU NEED TO HAVE A BIT OF AN IDEA OF WHAT TRICK TO DO AND OKAY LET'S START THESE THINGS OFF AS IF AS IF AS IF AS IF AS IF AS IF AS IF AS IF AS IF AS IF AS IF AS IF damnit I have things to say but my brain won't let me go there well they would if i weren't so nervous about having the right thing to say and also just waiting to be booted out of the park unless men cheer when the rightful hometown hero boardslides the six set ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH okay have i been going in circles all this time what yo uneeeeeeeeeed to dooooooo is to o o o o osdf sdfosdfosdofsdofosdfosdofdosfosdfoo YOU NEEEEEEEEED TOOOOOOOOOO TOOOOOOOOOO TOOOOOOOOOOOO TOOOOOOOOOOO TOOOOOOOOOO start with a real issue and then have it on your mind and then handle it calmly like a stream that keeps on going but oh no i am here why dodi asdifidsfiadsifaidsfiasdfiidasfiasdifaisdfiadsifaisdfiadsfiadisfiasdfiasdifiadsfiaidsf ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok o k o k ok ok ok ok ok ok o k ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok ok o k ok ok ok ok ok ok o ko k ok ok okok okokokokokokokokokokokokokokookokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokokk

i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 624
« Reply #1361 on: July 11, 2022, 01:33:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Can't help but cringe when i see super hard cheering on someone's first kickflip.

WHAT THE FUCK. That's a huge deal and I'm gonna be so fucking happy to witness it for every person ever reaching that point.

PS: Popular opinion but puffin posts are always on point. Big shoutout

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #1362 on: July 11, 2022, 01:35:08 PM »
why come Im not getting the cheers

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1363 on: July 11, 2022, 01:38:07 PM »

assvogel

• Rep: 210
« Reply #1364 on: July 11, 2022, 02:07:26 PM »
Laughing my ass of at "why come Im not getting the cheers".

Reading those 3 abysmal posts, I'm sure the only generation you are from is your dads Xbox 360-generation at best. Stop being a incel-kook, cheer and be nice for others and maybe one day someone will cheer for your "buttery ass tricks".

Or just stop skateboarding. That's alright too.

milk.razor

• Rep: 11
« Reply #1365 on: July 11, 2022, 02:54:00 PM »
i definitely always tell the homies when the tre flip needs some work and it’s not there yet
No fun allowed. Also get your phone out and film this for my insta edit. Also don’t breath too loud. Bitch.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #1366 on: July 11, 2022, 03:01:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Yeah I pretty much said the same thing...
Just for the fun of it: Boardwalk Empire, game of Thrones, breaking bad, The Tudors, mr mercedes, westworld, true detective, fortitude, the bridge, legion, the mist, mystery road, top of the lake, actually fuck it I give up. Annoying that I've seen a billion shows and now can't even remember titles.

True Detective season 1 was good but is a minseries not a show. I'll give you Breaking Bad and maybe GoT, but the rest are nowhere near The Wire or Sopranos if you compare the scores on Metacritic, RT, or general reviews 10-20 years on.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #1367 on: July 11, 2022, 03:13:29 PM »
bs smith on a curved ledge is less impressive than on a straight one. Not sure if unpopular though.

I disagree mostly because I find back smiths on curved ledges way scarier to get into. I also busted my shin back smithing a curved ledge the other day lol.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 602
« Reply #1368 on: July 11, 2022, 03:45:56 PM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1971
« Reply #1369 on: July 11, 2022, 04:02:25 PM »

dannyprovolone

« Reply #1370 on: July 11, 2022, 04:48:42 PM »
Outside of rollups and landing modifications, any other addition to spots constitutes a Berra award to me. That includes putting trashcans in front of shit. Looking at you east coast.

facts

also applies to plastic schoolyard benches

unless its NBD picnic table footy is not video part worthy in 2022 

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #1371 on: July 11, 2022, 05:16:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

facts

also applies to plastic schoolyard benches

unless its NBD picnic table footy is not video part worthy in 2022

I was literally just thinking yesterday how I want picnic table footage back. Especially when it's down an incline/stair or stacked.

Daewon needs to bring it back.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
« Reply #1372 on: July 11, 2022, 06:24:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Damn at least your posting in the correct topic. BTW I’ve probably been skating longer than you and your just a delusional kook. People do cheer or smack tail no mater what the skill level of someone that has been battling to land a trick. Maybe you shine more in your mind than in reality. I guess you just need approval of other to feel valid? Why don’t you try skating and accomplish something w/o having to get butt hurt if no one pats you on the back. You know, you kinda sound like a jock that needs his brain dead bris to high 5 anytime he does something. I guess skating does need gatekeepers still. Sounds like they weren’t doing a good job in your scene.
Oh “skaters do it them selves” kinda contradicts “when I’m at the skatepark” you build that park bud? So does “girls need approval or they feel bad” does the same with your “people don’t cheer hard for me or tell me how great my skating is”. While coming to a message board to cry about it. Thats fucking soft man. REAL SOFT.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 540
« Reply #1373 on: July 11, 2022, 06:25:21 PM »
But again you at least posted in the correct thread @ss. Congrats!!!! WoooHooo! You did it man! Great job!!!YOURE THE MAN!!!!!

skatebruh

• Rep: 31
« Reply #1374 on: July 11, 2022, 07:14:44 PM »
A trash can is a spot in NYC. Tyshawn won SOTY for putting a trash can in front of a trash can, modifying the spot with the spot itself.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1375 on: July 11, 2022, 09:16:21 PM »
Bro have you even seen Ryan Decenzos frontside ollie over _two_ dumbsters that just happened to be there?

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #1376 on: July 12, 2022, 05:27:28 AM »
The wire exceeded expectations for me. Favorite show ever.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1159
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #1377 on: July 12, 2022, 06:02:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The wire exceeded expectations for me. Favorite show ever.

The wire is damn good. The first 1-2 episodes were a bit slow and I didn’t get it, but as soon as it clicked I watched 5 straight seasons and loved it.

I watched the first episode of the sopranos as well and I didn’t quite get hooked but I need to commit to a couple more episodes

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #1378 on: July 12, 2022, 06:15:15 AM »
on first watch season 2 was the worst on 2nd watch season 2 is so good

Sopranos gets better on rematches, but I concede the latter seasons, say 5 and 6 have a much darker tone and are less fun.
interestingly enough, these are post 9-11 and the mood is much grimmer, even the colors, but also it was nearign the end of tony's reign
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

cky enthusiast

« Reply #1379 on: July 12, 2022, 08:09:59 AM »
 unpopular opinion: talking about tv shows in a skate thread means you’re a huge dork