Author Topic: Tyson & T-Funk 4/20 Part  (Read 20649 times)

elbarto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
Re: Tyson & T-Funk 4/20 Part
« Reply #240 on: April 22, 2022, 12:50:34 PM »
Expand Quote
I don't care about Tyson's fits but he still seems like the WOAT to have on a session. Like, you're trying to concentrate on landing a trick and not fucking dying, and some asshole is just getting wasted and screaming/dancing shirtless the whole time? Fuck that.

Also him yelling at security guards was hilarious. It's like when parents pretend to be afraid of their toddlers on Halloween.
[close]
i thought skateboarding was supposed to be fun

No fun allowed. Also get your phone out and film this for my insta edit. Also don’t breath too loud. Bitch.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

yungthug

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -37
« Reply #241 on: April 22, 2022, 01:20:39 PM »
Expand Quote
i appreciate how no one in here was complaining about having the ender spoiled by the cover. instead just appreciating how well it was done, can’t think of that ever happening before.
[close]

I only get mad when the actual clip gets spoiled on Instagram the second the part comes out, or worse, before the part comes out. It’s a huge part of why I haven’t been on Instagram since like 2016. I enjoy videos so much more now.
Yoooo I think there is some validity to this. I'm never on social these days except to check group chats, and I'm consistently surprised by skate videos I see posted on here or on my YT recommended.

Makes viewing a lot more fun and exciting compared to seeing every IG post from Thrasher, Freeskatemag, SkateJawn, Jenkem, etc promoting a new part with the second-to-last trick from the part or even the ender as the little teaser clip or photo beforehand. Fuck that hahaha.

ineedthis

• Rep: -39
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #242 on: April 22, 2022, 03:44:42 PM »
He did it, the crazy bastard did it. And you dicks nearly convinced me that ollie was a fucking conspiracy like the moon landings. fuck you slap

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 567
« Reply #243 on: April 22, 2022, 04:18:56 PM »
Does anyone have the dimensions of the big bench Funky-T clears? How long is it?

He ollies a different section but the balls are all evenly spread out and the benches are about as long as the distance between two balls IIRC. Looks like approx 2 car lanes apart.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #244 on: April 22, 2022, 04:30:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
funk skates like he just called his mom a bitch before leaving the house and knows hes about to be grounded for the rest of the semester
[close]

LOL, so true. I've been a Tfunk fan since I first started watching his parts, and I remember being genuinely surprised when I went on slap and saw people absolutely shitting on his style. Idk I've just always liked watching people that seem like they're on the edge of control and are hanging on for dear life. Seeing him skate is just genuinely raw and exciting. I'm glad people seem to be coming around to him though.

I think I just need to read fewer threads on slap though... the constant petulant bitching and nit-picking of every little thing turns skating into something that isn't fun, and makes it some weird coolguy dick measuring contest of who can be the least impressed or who can find the most petty stuff to point out.
[close]

I don't know. I don't have the feeling that slap is always nit-picking, only different opinions, my man. If you only want praise go read Instagram or youtube comments.

I am bored to death by all the dick riding I want some controversial opinions and criticism when appropriate.

The part was bonkers but according to stories tfunk is kinda full of himself and it is ok to criticize that.
[close]
Criticizing someone you have never met based on internet rumors from people you have never met is beyond pathetic.
[close]

Thats Life. Hearing rumors and talking about them is as natural as it gets. The only new thing here is that it happens online.

Nevermind, part was great everyone agrees. Let's stop derailing the thread.
[close]
Can't just let that go.  Counterpoint:  Making judgements about strangers personalities based on what other strangers posted is weak as fuck and only human nature for sad people.  Judging their style in a part is one thing, saying "I heard he's a dick and that isn't cool" makes you the dick.

Counterpoint - several instances (Elissa one of them) of mentioning his personality deficiencies in Thrasher articles.   Track down the threads on here where it’s documented

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #245 on: April 22, 2022, 04:53:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i appreciate how no one in here was complaining about having the ender spoiled by the cover. instead just appreciating how well it was done, can’t think of that ever happening before.
[close]

I only get mad when the actual clip gets spoiled on Instagram the second the part comes out, or worse, before the part comes out. It’s a huge part of why I haven’t been on Instagram since like 2016. I enjoy videos so much more now.
[close]
Yoooo I think there is some validity to this. I'm never on social these days except to check group chats, and I'm consistently surprised by skate videos I see posted on here or on my YT recommended.

Makes viewing a lot more fun and exciting compared to seeing every IG post from Thrasher, Freeskatemag, SkateJawn, Jenkem, etc promoting a new part with the second-to-last trick from the part or even the ender as the little teaser clip or photo beforehand. Fuck that hahaha.

1000%. Skating/watching skating really felt like it got fun again when I got off of social media. I understand that slap is a form of SM as well and I need to cut back my time on here cause it does have an effect on my mood or how I view parts sometimes and that’s no fun unless it’s fun.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Mongey

• Rep: -5
« Reply #246 on: April 22, 2022, 07:33:21 PM »
When they focus on skating and forget the tired hi jinx shit , baker make good videos.

Never been a big fan of Tyson but he killed it. Enjoyed his part. And t funk was crazy.

jonbronson

• Rep: -2
« Reply #247 on: April 22, 2022, 09:09:40 PM »
It's still April so a bit early but damn, T-Funk might have SOTY in the bag after this one. I just can't see how anyone can top this.

I second this. Very biased cause I've been a fan since his first DC part, but this part blew all of his other great parts out of the water. The speed, his style, trick selection and the SF footy; I feel like he's unlocking his potential.

It would be so sick for him to be SOTY from this part alone, I find it much cooler when a SOTY wins from just one part, like with Tyshawn or AVE. It becomes much more of a gross jock-like marketing contest when skaters make a big push for it with several parts, like Suciu or Mason or Foy. They deserve it of course, but again, it's kinda gross.
Besides, T-Funk would really fit the bill for a 'classic' SOTY. Would be awesome for a guy to win with no shoe sponsor lol.

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #248 on: April 22, 2022, 10:52:15 PM »
That bench ollie is still blowing my mind.

Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -40
« Reply #249 on: April 22, 2022, 11:32:45 PM »
Very funny to imagine traveling back in time 5 years ago to show SLAP that in the future, T-Funk would end up being unironically compared to Cardiel on this site, and watching people's heads explode.

That said, loved every minute of that--the skating, the music. Surprised to see people hating on Figgy's clips, to me his section was one of the best parts of the vid and its insane to see him still skating at the same caliber of his SOTY run year.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #250 on: April 23, 2022, 12:09:17 AM »
Expand Quote
It's still April so a bit early but damn, T-Funk might have SOTY in the bag after this one. I just can't see how anyone can top this.
[close]

I second this. Very biased cause I've been a fan since his first DC part, but this part blew all of his other great parts out of the water. The speed, his style, trick selection and the SF footy; I feel like he's unlocking his potential.

It would be so sick for him to be SOTY from this part alone, I find it much cooler when a SOTY wins from just one part, like with Tyshawn or AVE. It becomes much more of a gross jock-like marketing contest when skaters make a big push for it with several parts, like Suciu or Mason or Foy. They deserve it of course, but again, it's kinda gross.
Besides, T-Funk would really fit the bill for a 'classic' SOTY. Would be awesome for a guy to win with no shoe sponsor lol.

I don’t know that Mason or Foy (or even really Suciu) were pushing for it.    Sometimes you’re just having that kind of year and you stay healthy and can get that amount of footage.   None of them had filler tricks or parts.   What were they supposed to do?   Sit on the footage to not offend people’s sensibilities?     

I personally dug it when Mason had a new part each month because he truly felt like the skater of the year because we were seeing what he was doing during that pandemic year and he was just on a fucking tear.   

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #251 on: April 23, 2022, 12:40:00 AM »
T funk is so fast and styled now.  carving into handrails is showing real confidents.

I notice he's wearing Vans in this part, what happened to DC and is he fully on?

backside_reacharound

• Rep: -197
« Reply #252 on: April 23, 2022, 01:41:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
funk skates like he just called his mom a bitch before leaving the house and knows hes about to be grounded for the rest of the semester
[close]

I mean, anyone with that name, who looks like that, and who is that short is gonna have some angst and feel like they need to assert themselves for sure

LOL, so true. I've been a Tfunk fan since I first started watching his parts, and I remember being genuinely surprised when I went on slap and saw people absolutely shitting on his style. Idk I've just always liked watching people that seem like they're on the edge of control and are hanging on for dear life. Seeing him skate is just genuinely raw and exciting. I'm glad people seem to be coming around to him though.

I think I just need to read fewer threads on slap though... the constant petulant bitching and nit-picking of every little thing turns skating into something that isn't fun, and makes it some weird coolguy dick measuring contest of who can be the least impressed or who can find the most petty stuff to point out.
[close]

I don't know. I don't have the feeling that slap is always nit-picking, only different opinions, my man. If you only want praise go read Instagram or youtube comments.

I am bored to death by all the dick riding I want some controversial opinions and criticism when appropriate.

The part was bonkers but according to stories tfunk is kinda full of himself and it is ok to criticize that.
[close]
Criticizing someone you have never met based on internet rumors from people you have never met is beyond pathetic.
[close]

Thats Life. Hearing rumors and talking about them is as natural as it gets. The only new thing here is that it happens online.

Nevermind, part was great everyone agrees. Let's stop derailing the thread.
[close]
Can't just let that go.  Counterpoint:  Making judgements about strangers personalities based on what other strangers posted is weak as fuck and only human nature for sad people.  Judging their style in a part is one thing, saying "I heard he's a dick and that isn't cool" makes you the dick.
[close]

Counterpoint - several instances (Elissa one of them) of mentioning his personality deficiencies in Thrasher articles.   Track down the threads on here where it’s documented

Loady McGee

• Rep: 55
« Reply #253 on: April 23, 2022, 07:25:52 AM »
I notice he's wearing Vans in this part, what happened to DC and is he fully on?

Judging by this thread it doesn't appear he's got a shoe sponsor at all.

jonbronson

« Reply #254 on: April 23, 2022, 07:54:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I don’t know that Mason or Foy (or even really Suciu) were pushing for it.    Sometimes you’re just having that kind of year and you stay healthy and can get that amount of footage.   None of them had filler tricks or parts.   What were they supposed to do?   Sit on the footage to not offend people’s sensibilities?     

I personally dug it when Mason had a new part each month because he truly felt like the skater of the year because we were seeing what he was doing during that pandemic year and he was just on a fucking tear.

I can see where your coming from for your Mason example. Indeed it really showed he's THE skater of the YEAR, he killed it and 100% deserved it.

Maybe I'm just be a snobby hipster, but it's the optics/appearance of it to me. With Tyshawn and AVE, nobody could've said with confidence that they would win. A lot of people think Shane should've won instead of AVE. Whereas everyone knew Mason and Suciu would win. And I maintain that it was obvious they were pushing for it. Putting out several parts around fall time isn't exactly subtle. In Suciu's Nine Club, (if I'm not mistaken) he basically said he was bummed he lost to Milton in 2019, and wanted to try to win via the new strategy of putting out several parts near the end of the year.
Of course they can and should put out whatever quality footage they have, I'm saying they filmed said footage with the motivation of being a serious contender.

Also, SOTY has become much more of a serious ~competition. To counter my AVE example to an extent, apparently Vans marketing people list their SOTY 'campaigns' for KWalks and AVE as career achievements (per another thread). Brands are involved in making a push and get in bed with Thrasher to help their chances.
Sorry for the essay.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #255 on: April 23, 2022, 09:48:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Apparently he didn’t like his pro model and didn’t handle his disappointment with tact or aplomb

jonbronson

« Reply #256 on: April 23, 2022, 10:44:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Apparently he didn’t like his pro model and didn’t handle his disappointment with tact or aplomb

Source on this?

Hardlyart

• Rep: -7
« Reply #257 on: April 23, 2022, 12:17:32 PM »
This is super good.  I was surprised I liked it as much as I did.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #258 on: April 23, 2022, 03:22:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Source on this?

Easy Ben Bradlee, I don’t reveal my sources.   Maybe search Slap

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 209
« Reply #259 on: April 23, 2022, 04:13:24 PM »
Slap might think TFunk isn’t the nicest dude, and he might not be, but damn that part was so sick. I was already a fan after his Baker 4 and DC parts. Looks like he’s flying. I love it.

Brguy

« Reply #260 on: April 23, 2022, 04:28:37 PM »
Most of your heroes aren't nice, some were exposed, some not. Not to mention most of y'all aren't nice either, we can't just come here to complain about skate shit and then act like we're above being an ass sometimes.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 127
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #261 on: April 23, 2022, 06:30:59 PM »

you love to see it

This trick really stood out to me, prior to the no brainer ender.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #262 on: April 23, 2022, 06:42:14 PM »
Very funny to imagine traveling back in time 5 years ago to show SLAP that in the future, T-Funk would end up being unironically compared to Cardiel on this site, and watching people's heads explode.

That said, loved every minute of that--the skating, the music. Surprised to see people hating on Figgy's clips, to me his section was one of the best parts of the vid and its insane to see him still skating at the same caliber of his SOTY run year.

That trick was some cardiel shit. Tfunk I’d never ever going to be like cards tho.

Cards is up there with gonz in real skateboarding.

Did anyone ever even film fs carve over the bench.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #263 on: April 23, 2022, 06:48:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That trick was some cardiel shit. Tfunk I’d never ever going to be like cards tho.

Cards is up there with gonz in real skateboarding.

Did anyone ever even film fs carve over the bench.

I think Jack fardell did. Might be wrong.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #264 on: April 23, 2022, 07:04:32 PM »
Also Cards beat the wheel chair. He’s a legitimate super human
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #265 on: April 24, 2022, 04:22:55 AM »
BAKER BAKER BAKER

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 331
« Reply #266 on: April 24, 2022, 06:49:14 AM »
Also, I just want to point out that T-Funks ender will probably always be the craziest thing done in slip-ons.

Getty

• Rep: 48
« Reply #267 on: April 24, 2022, 09:56:46 AM »
Four days later and I'm still watching Tfunks part daily. That is saying something in our current era. Has anyone ever skated faster? Seriously, that lip to smith looked like 90mph.:)

It's hard even to know what to make of some of the comments in Slap threads these days.

Paid shills? Possible, I spose. (yes, it's VERY common). But I doubt it. Slap has always been a wonderful shitshow of total uncensored negativity, which is of course what we've all cherished about it.

It does seem like it's tilted in recent years towards the toxic conformity and groupthink of "cancel culture" that is currently endorsed by the corrupted parasites who own govt and media, but then again Slap has always kinda been a "cancel culture"/"parasite devouring its host" kinda place, I guess.

In the end I cherish the free speech aspect of Slap. It's one of the only uncensored places left online. So, I support ALL y'all's right to say whatever dark shit is lurking in your heart. It's gotta come out SOMEWHERE and maybe for some, Slap is their only outlet.

It's also still the place with the most hardcore skate rats, and that shit transcends the rest for me. Even our hate has love in it cause we all love skating.

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #268 on: April 24, 2022, 10:30:21 AM »
I need to rewatch and go frame by frame but it kind of looks like he started to ollie after he was already over the start of the bench

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

3D X-Ray Vision

« Reply #269 on: April 24, 2022, 10:44:36 AM »
I need to rewatch and go frame by frame but it kind of looks like he started to ollie after he was already over the start of the bench
I'm calling bullshit. Totally doesn't count. You're not being a nit-picker at all. Hold the magnifying glass closer to the screen next time his front foot might have come off for a split second