Author Topic: Tyson & T-Funk 4/20 Part  (Read 20764 times)

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
Re: Tyson & T-Funk 4/20 Part
« Reply #210 on: April 21, 2022, 06:59:51 PM »
Tyson dresses like every kid in Santa Cruz who does mushrooms
I wasn't planning on talking shit about the fits in this video but I live in Santa Cruz and this is accurate as fuck and made me lol.

I didn't really fuck with either of these guys before this video, but holy shit I think I need to change my perspective on that. Like everyone else, T funk really blew me away. I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't that. I also really appreciate how the majority of his part was filmed in SF, but he hit a lot of spots that not many other people have skated, or hit famous spots in a different way than everyone else is. The nose manny at Union Square is a great example of that.

Fuck I want a Baker board now. 

coldbrew

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #211 on: April 21, 2022, 07:09:14 PM »
Expand Quote
that was fucking incredible

lil fucker rips

so does the big fucker

and that other fucker too
[close]
fucker with the matching blue hair/shoes looked cool as fuck

Arguably my favorite fucker of the entire video.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1223
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #212 on: April 21, 2022, 07:17:32 PM »
can someone explain how tyson looks homeless? if it’s the beanie with holes in it then yeah i don’t understand that either, but aside from that he just wears baggy ripped up pants and some flannels/sweaters. i feel like that’s pretty standard

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #213 on: April 21, 2022, 07:52:59 PM »
can someone explain how tyson looks homeless? if it’s the beanie with holes in it then yeah i don’t understand that either, but aside from that he just wears baggy ripped up pants and some flannels/sweaters. i feel like that’s pretty standard

It’s the dreads/beanie combo, slap just picks everything apart. This dudes skatin fast and hard, of course his footage is gonna have fucked up dusty ass lookin shit lol. 
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #214 on: April 21, 2022, 08:11:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It’s the dreads/beanie combo, slap just picks everything apart. This dudes skatin fast and hard, of course his footage is gonna have fucked up dusty ass lookin shit lol.
yeah exactly. nothing wrong with it at all

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #215 on: April 21, 2022, 08:21:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Tyson dresses like every kid in Santa Cruz who does mushrooms
[close]
I wasn't planning on talking shit about the fits in this video but I live in Santa Cruz and this is accurate as fuck and made me lol.

I didn't really fuck with either of these guys before this video, but holy shit I think I need to change my perspective on that. Like everyone else, T funk really blew me away. I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't that. I also really appreciate how the majority of his part was filmed in SF, but he hit a lot of spots that not many other people have skated, or hit famous spots in a different way than everyone else is. The nose manny at Union Square is a great example of that.

Fuck I want a Baker board now.

I was fully expecting to not like it, bit of a (former) t-funk hater. The first clip in his part is sick, but he’s making this aggro face (understandably, but I’m being a hater and just thinking ‘oh fuck here we go…’) and then that drop down to nose manny and uh, yeah. Changed my whole mind.
Now I also want a baker board.
And he made all of the different shoes look rad too.

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 424
« Reply #216 on: April 21, 2022, 08:47:13 PM »
I don't care about Tyson's fits but he still seems like the WOAT to have on a session. Like, you're trying to concentrate on landing a trick and not fucking dying, and some asshole is just getting wasted and screaming/dancing shirtless the whole time? Fuck that.

Also him yelling at security guards was hilarious. It's like when parents pretend to be afraid of their toddlers on Halloween.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #217 on: April 21, 2022, 10:02:05 PM »
Expand Quote
that Tyson arco security guard clip was so cringe, not sure why they'd put that in the video does not come off as cool or badass just moronic
[close]

this was my only gripe with the whole video. arguing/fighting with security is not cool after you turn 21 and realize niggas are just tryna earn a living. what was he expecting to happen when he went for that trick with the security guard standing on the stairs?
It also triples in cringe when the skater is mouthing off to someone who could probably just pass them like a rugby ball off the property.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #218 on: April 21, 2022, 10:07:56 PM »
I don't care about Tyson's fits but he still seems like the WOAT to have on a session. Like, you're trying to concentrate on landing a trick and not fucking dying, and some asshole is just getting wasted and screaming/dancing shirtless the whole time? Fuck that.

Also him yelling at security guards was hilarious. It's like when parents pretend to be afraid of their toddlers on Halloween.
i thought skateboarding was supposed to be fun

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #219 on: April 21, 2022, 10:09:01 PM »
also the fact that tfunks 5050 pole jam late shove has gone unmentioned is criminal

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #220 on: April 21, 2022, 11:21:22 PM »
Figured I will compile all of the recent baker parts here for anyone that wants a custom full length.

Fuck it, I’ll throw these in also

Baker coming in hot this year

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #221 on: April 22, 2022, 06:10:34 AM »
funk skates like he just called his mom a bitch before leaving the house and knows hes about to be grounded for the rest of the semester

LOL, so true. I've been a Tfunk fan since I first started watching his parts, and I remember being genuinely surprised when I went on slap and saw people absolutely shitting on his style. Idk I've just always liked watching people that seem like they're on the edge of control and are hanging on for dear life. Seeing him skate is just genuinely raw and exciting. I'm glad people seem to be coming around to him though.

I think I just need to read fewer threads on slap though... the constant petulant bitching and nit-picking of every little thing turns skating into something that isn't fun, and makes it some weird coolguy dick measuring contest of who can be the least impressed or who can find the most petty stuff to point out.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #222 on: April 22, 2022, 06:20:27 AM »
i appreciate how no one in here was complaining about having the ender spoiled by the cover. instead just appreciating how well it was done, can’t think of that ever happening before.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Roy Machine

• Rep: -5
« Reply #223 on: April 22, 2022, 06:31:05 AM »
Expand Quote
funk skates like he just called his mom a bitch before leaving the house and knows hes about to be grounded for the rest of the semester
[close]

LOL, so true. I've been a Tfunk fan since I first started watching his parts, and I remember being genuinely surprised when I went on slap and saw people absolutely shitting on his style. Idk I've just always liked watching people that seem like they're on the edge of control and are hanging on for dear life. Seeing him skate is just genuinely raw and exciting. I'm glad people seem to be coming around to him though.

I think I just need to read fewer threads on slap though... the constant petulant bitching and nit-picking of every little thing turns skating into something that isn't fun, and makes it some weird coolguy dick measuring contest of who can be the least impressed or who can find the most petty stuff to point out.

I don't know. I don't have the feeling that slap is always nit-picking, only different opinions, my man. If you only want praise go read Instagram or youtube comments.

I am bored to death by all the dick riding I want some controversial opinions and criticism when appropriate.

The part was bonkers but according to stories tfunk is kinda full of himself and it is ok to criticize that.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #224 on: April 22, 2022, 06:47:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It would be a slap video thread with complaints about the song and editing. This thread has been more pleasant than most. I usually enjoy watching 9 club for parts I like as they focus more on the quirks of the spots and difficulty of the tricks and are usually stoked.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #225 on: April 22, 2022, 06:49:41 AM »
i appreciate how no one in here was complaining about having the ender spoiled by the cover. instead just appreciating how well it was done, can’t think of that ever happening before.
I think in this case everyone was just happy to finally see it. And there's nothing (at least in t dunks control) that could of been better.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #226 on: April 22, 2022, 06:50:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I don't know. I don't have the feeling that slap is always nit-picking, only different opinions, my man. If you only want praise go read Instagram or youtube comments.

I am bored to death by all the dick riding I want some controversial opinions and criticism when appropriate.

The part was bonkers but according to stories tfunk is kinda full of himself and it is ok to criticize that.
Criticizing someone you have never met based on internet rumors from people you have never met is beyond pathetic.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #227 on: April 22, 2022, 06:51:43 AM »
Alright that tre flip was nutty

T Funk coming in blazing hot in 2022

Roy Machine

« Reply #228 on: April 22, 2022, 07:14:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Criticizing someone you have never met based on internet rumors from people you have never met is beyond pathetic.

Thats Life. Hearing rumors and talking about them is as natural as it gets. The only new thing here is that it happens online.

Nevermind, part was great everyone agrees. Let's stop derailing the thread.

brucewillis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • Die Hard. www.casualskateshop.com.br
« Reply #229 on: April 22, 2022, 07:18:00 AM »
Alright that tre flip was nutty

T Funk coming in blazing hot in 2022
I wasn't expecting it. Pretty mesmerizing.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #230 on: April 22, 2022, 07:48:32 AM »
Conway Twitty had me legit rolling.

that song made me think of all my ex's and made me sad

also surprised at the Tyson criticism here (besides the security guard)
I thought he was skating great.
That ollie to backside tail tap (bonk? Wallride?) was super slick.
Honestly half those fits would be fine if he removed the beanie, T-funks pants bug me waaaay more.

when baker 4 came out a lot of people wanted more young dude hijinx etc and some people are complaining? Bruhitas baker is feedin us and we eating now!

Figgy kinky crook yehaw

Jacopo needs more footy he is dialed in

no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #231 on: April 22, 2022, 07:49:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Thats Life. Hearing rumors and talking about them is as natural as it gets. The only new thing here is that it happens online.

Can't just let that go.  Counterpoint:  Making judgements about strangers personalities based on what other strangers posted is weak as fuck and only human nature for sad people.  Judging their style in a part is one thing, saying "I heard he's a dick and that isn't cool" makes you the dick.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 135
« Reply #232 on: April 22, 2022, 07:51:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Oh don't get me wrong I don't like constant praise/dick-riding either, but a lot of threads leave me feeling jaded after seeing all the things people find to nag about. Slap is definitely full of nit-pickers though lol, there's no denying that.

Loady McGee

• Rep: 55
« Reply #233 on: April 22, 2022, 07:52:07 AM »
It's still April so a bit early but damn, T-Funk might have SOTY in the bag after this one. I just can't see how anyone can top this.

Tfunk does not afraid of anything.
I understood that reference. I feel old now.

Roy Machine

« Reply #234 on: April 22, 2022, 08:17:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Can't just let that go.  Counterpoint:  Making judgements about strangers personalities based on what other strangers posted is weak as fuck and only human nature for sad people.  Judging their style in a part is one thing, saying "I heard he's a dick and that isn't cool" makes you the dick.

Well I think you are right and wrong. Talking a little bit of shit and spreading positive and negative rumors you heard about people you don't know is natural and can be fun. I mean there are literally thousands of so called lifestyle magazines that based their whole business plan around that.

Of course you cant take that too serious.

If I would meet tfunk in person he would get the same treatment by me as any other human being and only his actions will count and not what people wrote on slap.

Nevertheless it can be fun to form an opinion about someone you don't know to some extend. I bet you've done it also a thousands times while watching TV and stuff.

pdknox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #235 on: April 22, 2022, 10:09:27 AM »
Tyson with his fits is like the human green squiggly line from cartoons that appears when something is stinky

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #236 on: April 22, 2022, 10:25:49 AM »
Watching this for the first time felt like how it used to feel when a video would drop, it's so rare that there's actual anticipation and excitement for a new release these days. The cover and all the speculation about the trick itself built hype in a pre-internet way. T-Funk really came through and exceeded any expectations too. 

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #237 on: April 22, 2022, 10:33:12 AM »
Tyson with his fits is like the human green squiggly line from cartoons that appears when something is stinky

For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

opesorry

• Rep: 21
« Reply #238 on: April 22, 2022, 12:33:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I think in this case everyone was just happy to finally see it. And there's nothing (at least in t dunks control) that could of been better.
This is true, as much as I enjoyed the whole video I was thinking the whole time how I couldn’t wait to see it at the end

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #239 on: April 22, 2022, 12:49:36 PM »

I only get mad when the actual clip gets spoiled on Instagram the second the part comes out, or worse, before the part comes out. It’s a huge part of why I haven’t been on Instagram since like 2016. I enjoy videos so much more now.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”