Author Topic: Jacuzzi Unlimited: Enjoi 2.0  (Read 100066 times)

Patrick2G

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -307
Re: Jacuzzi Unlimited: Enjoi 2.0
« Reply #300 on: June 08, 2023, 12:18:06 PM »
Is it weird to say it would be cool to see TJ Rogers on there? Bill Weiss connection? No?

ShutYoMouthFoo

• Rep: -12
« Reply #301 on: June 08, 2023, 06:24:09 PM »
Man I hope they pick up Dilo too, he seems liked he’d be a pretty good fit, and since they cherry picked a madness rider a almost rider would kinda make sense

From the looks of it that Dru kid they put on was also riding for Almost so I’d say it’s a pretty good chance Dilo is on too. Honestly don’t even know what other brand he would really fit other than Jacuzzi. Maybe Sour or something in the baker camp through the Florida connections. Hope it’s jacuzzi though.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 82
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #302 on: June 08, 2023, 06:37:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Man I hope they pick up Dilo too, he seems liked he’d be a pretty good fit, and since they cherry picked a madness rider a almost rider would kinda make sense
[close]

From the looks of it that Dru kid they put on was also riding for Almost so I’d say it’s a pretty good chance Dilo is on too. Honestly don’t even know what other brand he would really fit other than Jacuzzi. Maybe Sour or something in the baker camp through the Florida connections. Hope it’s jacuzzi though.
yeah was just gonna say the very same. it’s cool that dubois is on, his part a few years back skating to the cars was sick. didn’t really think he fit madness either. i really wonder who the surprise rider is that “nobody would expect”. the person who started the jacuzzi rumor said it was someone kinda iffy so i’m curious.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

TheDingus

« Reply #303 on: June 08, 2023, 10:31:33 PM »
They'll announce John Dilo soon my tiger eyes can see it

They’re probably getting the photos of him wasted holding a beer ready

let’s go home

• Rep: 35
« Reply #304 on: June 08, 2023, 11:32:35 PM »
I wonder if Ryan Connor will get a seat in the tub.

Orangepulp1000

• Rep: 179
« Reply #305 on: June 09, 2023, 12:12:20 AM »
I wonder if Ryan Connor will get a seat in the tub.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Definitely want to see more of him

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -496
« Reply #306 on: June 09, 2023, 12:15:40 AM »
Realistically how many people can they put on after these last 3. What are they at now 9? Who’s funding this ? If we get ryan Connor and then maybe dilo we’re at 11. That’s a sizeable team for a new company. I guess outside of Jackson and the ogs they have no pros to pay though.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #307 on: June 09, 2023, 04:35:13 AM »
If board sponsors don’t pay like people on slap imply is it possible to have a bloated team? I don’t know pay and won’t pretend too. I’m just saying if it’s nothing like people say maybe they can add tons of riders especially if they aren’t on anywhere else.

I hope dilo is on. This team seems dope and diverse and would love a full team vid or a fun team edit

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
« Reply #308 on: June 09, 2023, 06:01:37 AM »
If board sponsors don’t pay like people on slap imply is it possible to have a bloated team? I don’t know pay and won’t pretend too. I’m just saying if it’s nothing like people say maybe they can add tons of riders especially if they aren’t on anywhere else.

I hope dilo is on. This team seems dope and diverse and would love a full team vid or a fun team edit

In a better world we would judge companies based on how well they treat their team/employees.
We would all be riding the decks, trucks, wheels, etc of whichever companies pay their skaters a living wage and offer benefits.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 06:22:22 AM by KC_Rookie »

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #309 on: June 09, 2023, 08:12:03 AM »
Pulizzi enters the chat

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #310 on: June 09, 2023, 08:17:22 AM »
Hell yeah, Pulizzi fucking rips.

Grand Saber

• Rep: 6
« Reply #311 on: June 09, 2023, 09:25:59 AM »
I noticed that that Joey Marrone guy and Aiki Arakaki are often reposting all the team additions. I really hope these two get on Jacuzzi because they would round out the team perfectly

ApesPissed

• Rep: 59
« Reply #312 on: June 09, 2023, 10:01:25 AM »
I hope Ryan Connors gets on, or gets picked up by someone. He was my favorite of the new enjoi ams

boneless900

• Rep: 60
« Reply #313 on: June 09, 2023, 10:27:39 AM »
Realistically how many people can they put on after these last 3. What are they at now 9? Who’s funding this ? If we get ryan Connor and then maybe dilo we’re at 11. That’s a sizeable team for a new company. I guess outside of Jackson and the ogs they have no pros to pay though.

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm really interested to see if their strategy will be to take on lots of debt/expenses in order to boost exposure early on or if they'll try to keep the team thin (doesn't look like it) and try to build a bit more slowly and less pricey

Lord Viper Scorpion

« Reply #314 on: June 09, 2023, 11:10:13 AM »
the reveal is that louie has an in at jacuzzi and they are literally going to be riding for them

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 552
« Reply #315 on: June 09, 2023, 11:19:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm really interested to see if their strategy will be to take on lots of debt/expenses in order to boost exposure early on or if they'll try to keep the team thin (doesn't look like it) and try to build a bit more slowly and less pricey

I'm also curious as who will be pressing their boards?

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 74
« Reply #316 on: June 09, 2023, 11:42:58 AM »
Can't believe they're starting this company off with this large of a team. It feels like a "putting all their eggs in one basket" situation, but I sincerely hope I'm wrong and that this company will be a huge success for everyone involved. I'm excited to see their first offerings in regards to product and videos.
I just hope they don't try to follow the same formula enjoi created.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #317 on: June 09, 2023, 11:46:24 AM »
Isn't this more or less old Enjoi and a Madness rider? My guess is they go with BBS for some generic decks.

sfa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 178
« Reply #318 on: June 09, 2023, 12:18:23 PM »
Just to put things into a little perspective witht the “cost” of a team.

It’s really hard at this point for a brand to get boards landed for under $15. Most brands are paying more, but for the sake of this let’s just say $15.

If each rider gets just 5 boards a mont that’s 50 boards at $15 each before shipping them out. Which currently is gonna be about $25. So. $750 in boards and $250 in shipping. That’s already $1000 a month and we didn’t
Pay the shipping guy or the TM.

Boards at wholesale after discounts are about $40. So let’s say that you get $25 profit. You still have to
Pay the warehouse guy
Pay the sales guy
Pay a team manager
Pay a Filmer/Photog
Pay rent
Pay utilities
Pay for supplies to ship

Let’s just say you have to sell a lot of boards each month just to cover paying for the boards the team needs to skate.

Moral of the story. I think they should start with a smaller team.
I need a coffee

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #319 on: June 09, 2023, 12:24:31 PM »
I mean, I'm sure Louie would know all that.
Maybe they have some top secret billionaire benefactor that we don't know about?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3366
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #320 on: June 09, 2023, 01:46:07 PM »
the reveal is that louie has an in at jacuzzi and they are literally going to be riding for them

LOL

"We've secured THE DEAL." *slams down the phone*

baker3G

• Rep: -64
« Reply #321 on: June 09, 2023, 04:14:19 PM »
Dilo was wearing a Jacuzzi shirt at tampa pro. Def going to be on.

Would be sick if they posted clips, not just party photos. Hope this isn't their entire approach to market the brand. Skaters today are Olympic athletes! I want to see some yoga routines, some gym footage, and some hammers in the streets.

Expand Quote
[close]

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #322 on: June 09, 2023, 05:19:19 PM »
I think they’re just trying to establish ads that have nothing to do with skateboarding. Just like enjoi’s ads.

boneless900

• Rep: 60
« Reply #323 on: June 10, 2023, 12:05:28 PM »
I feel like Dilo has to be a shoein at this point as JU added another Floridian skater today with Matt Savidakis.

10 people already hopped in the tub and no signs of any slowing.

ApesPissed

• Rep: 59
« Reply #324 on: June 10, 2023, 02:11:49 PM »

Never heard if this fella

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #325 on: June 10, 2023, 02:51:43 PM »
Im so excited to see where this goes I really hope they do this proper and drop edits etc. where the partying is justified by the amount of skating in the edits. If so I’ll  be a JU supporter and even with boards on ice I’ll buy a JU just for the hype of the team and ams look great that I’ve not known about til recently.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -496
« Reply #326 on: June 11, 2023, 12:44:53 AM »
It’s really starting to feel like they should’ve done 3 board companies. Not to mention all the almost dudes still don’t have homes and no Ryan Connor, dilo or walling yet. .

https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2023/05/30/a-first-look-at-opera-and-skateboardings-newest-group-of-brands/

Saw this just now, hadn’t seen it posted. Weiss breakdowns the board pricing someone was trying to figure out earlier in the thread. Sounds like they can afford the teams cause there’s a surplus of wood right now. Also has the whole opera team roster listed.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
« Reply #327 on: June 11, 2023, 06:15:39 AM »
How many people do they have on this company?  They can’t be paying people, right?
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

swellbowed

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
  • ow
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #328 on: June 11, 2023, 09:30:03 AM »

alienlurkshop

• Rep: -31
« Reply #329 on: June 11, 2023, 09:57:57 AM »
It’s really starting to feel like they should’ve done 3 board companies. Not to mention all the almost dudes still don’t have homes and no Ryan Connor, dilo or walling yet. .

https://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2023/05/30/a-first-look-at-opera-and-skateboardings-newest-group-of-brands/

Saw this just now, hadn’t seen it posted. Weiss breakdowns the board pricing someone was trying to figure out earlier in the thread. Sounds like they can afford the teams cause there’s a surplus of wood right now. Also has the whole opera team roster listed.
Ryan connors won’t be on any of the sidewalk brands. From what I’ve heard he’s a headache