Author Topic: Limosine skateboards  (Read 70988 times)

camel filters

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1312
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Limosine skateboards
« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2021, 12:08:03 PM »
Max's part made me want to buy an anti hero eagle. Don't know if that's good for them...

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2021, 12:08:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Holy fucking shit these graphics suck. Haven’t watched the vid yet, it’s probably good though lol.

Edit- Watched the vid, solid stuff. Not a real exciting brand though, seems a bit more concerned with saying “fuck 917” than it does with making something unique. Which is disappointing because good “fuck you” energy has made classics like Video Days, Baker Bootleg, and Goldfish.

We won’t see this brand 2 years from now.
[close]
Thats the thing I don’t get. This brand won’t last and doesn’t seem like it’s trying to. I’d rather see max and Cyrus go to brands that could produce that classic video part. Cyrus on something like Real would bring some spark back to the brand. Instead there’s this.

Lol. Come on. So instead of doing something with his friends that people will be into, he should go to Real to try and spark the brand....because...?

The brand literally just launched, with a full length, and people have already written it's death notice.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2021, 12:09:03 PM »
Max's part made me want to buy an anti hero eagle. Don't know if that's good for them...

it was great marketing for carhartt WIP as well

juniormint

• Rep: 142
« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2021, 12:11:14 PM »
Good to see footage of Hugo again...yeah he and Aaron were the standouts for me. Also thought Max looked good on the eagle... Good vibe all round, lots of smiles.

big900

• Rep: -4
« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2021, 12:22:45 PM »
offers nothing new. art direction is mashup of pre existing companies. no new techniques in filming/editing. skating is bleh. do better.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2021, 12:23:40 PM »
offers nothing new. art direction is mashup of pre existing companies. no new techniques in filming/editing. skating is bleh. do better.
okay let’s be realistic what else is there to do

big900

« Reply #156 on: December 15, 2021, 12:26:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
okay let’s be realistic what else is there to do
something new and fresh feeling. im not gonna give my next level ideas out for free tho.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #157 on: December 15, 2021, 12:26:16 PM »
Cyrus is great, that last trick was pretty rad, and I'm glad they didn't abuse that zoom in/out filming style too much.  However, the overexposure thing is played out, that music was fucking atrocious, and nothing about that made me want to buy a board with a washed out mustang covered in barbed wire.
why are you obsessively in this thread then? do you work for 917 or something? salty as fuck

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -766
« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2021, 12:50:43 PM »
What's the chances any of them being 14wb.
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #159 on: December 15, 2021, 12:51:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Holy fucking shit these graphics suck. Haven’t watched the vid yet, it’s probably good though lol.

Edit- Watched the vid, solid stuff. Not a real exciting brand though, seems a bit more concerned with saying “fuck 917” than it does with making something unique. Which is disappointing because good “fuck you” energy has made classics like Video Days, Baker Bootleg, and Goldfish.

[close]
Thats the thing I don’t get. This brand won’t last and doesn’t seem like it’s trying to. I’d rather see max and Cyrus go to brands that could produce that classic video part. Cyrus on something like Real would bring some spark back to the brand. Instead there’s this.
[close]

Lol. Come on. So instead of doing something with his friends that people will be into, he should go to Real to try and spark the brand....because...?

The brand literally just launched, with a full length, and people have already written it's death notice.

I would say based on what new brands have succeeded and failed over the past decade the common denominator is you either have to knock it out the park with the brand identity, or be Paul Rodriguez.

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
« Reply #160 on: December 15, 2021, 12:54:28 PM »

14.13 on the 8.25 is the smallest it gets

apbarbs

• Rep: 50
« Reply #161 on: December 15, 2021, 12:54:44 PM »

wb's are on the website, no 14s, but 14.13 is probably short enough for me

busch

• Rep: 74
« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2021, 01:33:30 PM »
I back it but they sure are gonna have a lot of kids on skateboards looking like Hyundai enthusiasts or something with that logo

spanyard

• Rep: 77
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2021, 01:33:47 PM »
One of the last 917 drops with max and Cyrus signature slick boards - the cyber series maybe? - had shapes with that same14.129 wb and sub-32 length. I copped both dudes' decks and were some of the best I've ridden this past year.

froufroufox

• Rep: 30
« Reply #164 on: December 15, 2021, 01:36:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

lol, so many bad takes in this thread but this one might be the worst.

i loved the vid and am hyped to see where this brand goes. love AO but him being so scatterbrained is what made 917 frustrating at times, think this will do better without him. the max part + song combo got me a lil emotional ngl.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2021, 01:52:14 PM »

it's just a group of friends starting a brand and filming skateboard tricks.
check my music

LebowskisRug

« Reply #166 on: December 15, 2021, 01:57:51 PM »
Feels like 917 2.0 to me and not at all in a bad way. If it enables more footage and more frequent product drops then I fail to see something to hate on. There are a lot of brands that don't cater to what I like, but they all have their place and it's kinda dumb to expect every new brand that people are excited about to be exactly what you want.

Don

• Rep: -31
« Reply #167 on: December 15, 2021, 02:02:15 PM »
Fuckin haters smh lol. Great video. This brand has huge potential and it’s good that some people don’t understand it

RottenToTheCore

• Rep: 10
« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2021, 02:07:14 PM »
certified drainer company

Larry

• Rep: 8
« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2021, 02:11:38 PM »
I'm so happy that it's hard to describe
Just shred some serious gnar.

ricky bobby

« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2021, 02:13:22 PM »

HeapsCool

• Rep: -174
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2021, 02:14:47 PM »
So cool little anti-supreme new yawkers ended up founding hockey 2.0. How quaint.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1391
« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2021, 02:16:43 PM »
Music wasn't good, but the skating sure was.

Max and Hugo's last tricks, Cyrus' manual tricks, Genesis' switch three shove all stood out.

Wanted more Loreth and Callender footage. Hopefully in the future.

WPG

« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2021, 02:20:18 PM »
The L logo looks like a middle schooler tried to make a logo for his imaginary metal band based off the logo on his moms Lexus. Big fan of the team I just hope they change the logo to the Peace Sign on the DVD
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -322
« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2021, 02:38:28 PM »
Graphics are meh and I can’t unsee the Yoshi egg in the logo. The video was just okay. I hate to say it, because I really like his style, but Cyrus needs to change it up. The back smith, back tail, fakie manny thing is getting a little stale. I was more excited to see him do a switch tre on flat rather than another steezy back tail backside flip. Max however, still manages to amaze me with his ability. He’s still pushing himself and learning new tricks (backside flip switch manny 180 out shocked me) whereas Cyrus seems stuck in the same tricks. Gimme a switch back tail or a back noseblunt or a front crook Cyrus! I don’t care about the rest of the team. Aaron Loreth seems like Max-lite, he did some good manuals tho. They are really doing a big favor to that dude with the second part and that gensis dude by starting a brand for them. They didn’t really match the skill of Cyrus and Max. Wouldn’t count on this brand lasting either.

WideFeet

• Rep: 91
« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2021, 02:51:03 PM »
gonna wait until after work and give the vid its due dilligence. stoked for limosine

i wish i was more into the art direction of the first drop... whoever said the L logo looks like a yoshi egg, that's all i can see now lol

Yoshi egg crossed with the Hyundai car logo

ninformatic

• Rep: -7
« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2021, 03:13:30 PM »
the graphics are sick.

ricky bobby

« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2021, 03:15:16 PM »
Loved the video. Aaron Loreth skating to the SOPHIE instrumental was awesome. Couldn't help but feel like a little Aidan Mackey part would've fit in the video really nicely.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2021, 03:28:40 PM »

somesortofspin

• Rep: -80
« Reply #179 on: December 15, 2021, 03:40:57 PM »
i liked it. liked the feel. the music. the tricks.
some of you need to chill with the max palmer love though that man can skate good but not INSANLY GOD LIKE good like common slapping your nose over a curb doesn't count as a grind. almost falling while balancing a trick looks sketchy and stupid. hes a skate rat without glitter I get his appeal but doesn't change the fact he does some whack tricks