Author Topic: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?  (Read 173318 times)

BraveUlysses

Re: What aspect of skating did you particularly enjoy today?
« Reply #990 on: July 27, 2014, 05:22:53 PM »
Eating a whole bunch of sugary stuff then skating and feeling like anything is possible.

perverted super otaku!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -217
  • "Needless to say, I had the last laugh."
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #991 on: July 28, 2014, 05:12:39 AM »
woke up with a very unexpected sore sore ankle decided no skating

saw an old mattress on the sidewalk by my front door

put on my big boy pants and did ONE trick on it

its your adventure at this point; its up to U to guess the trick  8)
fatty 2 flatty?

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #992 on: July 28, 2014, 10:23:40 AM »
After being hurt most of the summer, I skated four times in the past week. Filmed a trick Friday, did my first real rail yesterday, and somehow found the energy to go skate the park for a few hours with all my friends in 90 degree weather after I ate. My ankle feels like concrete now, but it was totally worth it.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #993 on: July 29, 2014, 04:37:11 AM »
After being hurt most of the summer, I skated four times in the past week. Filmed a trick Friday, did my first real rail yesterday, and somehow found the energy to go skate the park for a few hours with all my friends in 90 degree weather after I ate. My ankle feels like concrete now, but it was totally worth it.

good work sir

shark tits

« Reply #994 on: July 29, 2014, 10:50:07 AM »
to gism, 5050 bounce off like simon woodstock?
yesterday i was pruning trees, cleaning up the spot and it rained like a sieve. then there was a double rainbow so i looked at my friend's eyes and held his hand and we shared a moment.
ended up at an overhang w/ good flat and a battered orange barrel. i was having a hard time ollieing it but i managed a swell hippie jump. [it was really battered!]

Doughboy

• Rep: 21
  • Coffee and Advil
« Reply #995 on: July 30, 2014, 02:48:04 PM »
Got a good session in before the rain came.

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 46
« Reply #996 on: July 30, 2014, 03:14:32 PM »
Learned new tricks which i didn't think were possible

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #997 on: July 30, 2014, 04:40:09 PM »
getting the kicked out of 3 spots in a row without skating one of them longer than 10 minutes. took a sketchy slam at spot number 4. 2 minutes later heavy rain set in. went home had pizza and sume nachos. played fifa, couldn't win the worldcup.

shark tits

« Reply #998 on: August 14, 2014, 04:39:06 PM »
so a wk ago like 9 or 10 junkies od'd in my town. one of em died on the philly stairs of our former DIY 'gafton holler'. we'd abandoned it cause scrappers got our lightpole so it didn't seem wise to invest too much more there.
for anyways, we moved to disparate spots around the city but horseface wanted to do a 5-0 180 on the philly stairs [that have a pillar at the end so they're not much for 'philly' stairs].
a beautiful girl came up to the DIY memorial atop the 2 stairs and i talked to her while she wrote a requeiem on the wall above the makeshift flowers and RIP wishes.
prolly knew he 20 yrs ago but didn't recognize her.
horseface and i remarked how so many of our spots blossom into memorials at certain times of yr and asides me liking the sentiment they leave candles behind.
he got mad at the philly stairs but i got a wallie and swing around a sign pole w/ my board in my feet [stripper trick] and we celebrated trash night w/ a launch ramp. glory days!

Candygirl

• Rep: -4
« Reply #999 on: August 15, 2014, 05:39:08 AM »
A younger boy at the skatepark desperately tried to wallie.
After looking at his poor attempts, I told him to smash the backfoot into the ledge. He landed his first wallie a few tries later and came over to thank me for the tip. He was so glad, and I was glad for him.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #1000 on: September 02, 2014, 08:22:16 AM »
my half cabs got me through security at the airport way faster than anyone else

i put them in the bin and the TSA agent goes "those the best shows of all time!" went up to the other guys at the check talked about midtops with them for a second, pointed to my shoes and my board and i got sent right through.  the best perk about being a skateboarder is running into other skateboarders.

also thanks to the fellas at wilson park for making me feel welcome in a new city. 
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #1001 on: September 08, 2014, 08:16:50 AM »
Thanks to some construction, I found a sketchy new spot near me that I'm going to be spending some time figuring out.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1002 on: September 11, 2014, 08:07:36 AM »
those litte inner elbow friction burns you onlt get when you bail a bck 180 down a set.. such a sweet sting haha

zippy z

« Reply #1003 on: September 11, 2014, 09:54:09 AM »
I fell a couple times yesterday and enjoyed it.

Eduardo Gonçalves

• Rep: -6
« Reply #1004 on: September 11, 2014, 01:44:58 PM »
Skating with a friend today, wasnt really feeling it probably couse my board is trashed and i cant afford a new one at this time. Another skater friend shows up, he had some weed...
We all spent the rest of the afternoon learning no comply tricks, super fun, learned no comply tailslides and no comply fs bigspin, today was a good day
Some times i wonder about how many skaters realized they're gay watching Dylan Rieder videoparts...

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #1005 on: September 22, 2014, 10:08:02 AM »
I fell a couple times yesterday and enjoyed it.

Slipped out while grinding a barrier yesterday, landed on top of it super hard on my hip and folded over it like a taco. Limped home with a strange sense of satisfaction and haven't pee'd any blood yet.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1006 on: September 24, 2014, 07:24:51 AM »
tried to backside flip a 6 for over an hour last night and came away with nothing but a delam, a heelbruise and backache haha getting older sucks!

ill_Murray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 401
« Reply #1007 on: September 24, 2014, 09:09:24 PM »
Didn't think I was going to get to skate today but ended up catching a nice afternoon session on my break.
ill murray, can you remind me why you think im a kook

shark tits

« Reply #1008 on: September 24, 2014, 09:52:13 PM »
after being up all day and not going skating, just wasting away like an inmate in supermax i got out for 2 hours at honey farms. struggled w/ back tails but once i get a few the good times roll. riding a new board so i was kinda struggling w/ flatground too but ended w/ back tail fakie, sw 180 and plonked off my wallie. i'm OCD so i do some facsimile of that line to end every night since i learned back tails.
cop there when i arrived so i started off skating skittish but they left giving me carte blanche to skate and i fell back into my delusions of being 'mayor' of the plaza.

NegativeCreep

« Reply #1009 on: September 24, 2014, 09:59:07 PM »
escaping everything else

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1010 on: September 25, 2014, 12:09:48 AM »
filmed a homie, set up a board, showed and explained/taught a new trick i've been working on, posted on SLAP

BraveUlysses

« Reply #1011 on: September 25, 2014, 07:26:58 PM »
Skating in the rain and tried to ollie some stair set where there was a curb you have to ollie right before the stairs. I ended up messing up the first ollie and then flew and tumbled down the stairs but I ended up not getting hurt really so that was cool. Sometimes not getting broke off when you thought you were feels just as good as actually landing the trick.

shark tits

« Reply #1012 on: September 26, 2014, 11:46:41 AM »
i agree ulysses, i like a good fall w/ no consequence almost as much as anything.
last night i'm skating honey farms w/ my buddy joe. he comes w/ the spot about 1/3 of the time i'm there. he's only 20, scrappy little guy, sorta homeless. we're playing SKATE and i got him to T and bail a nollie bigflip towards this peurto rican girl. she starts talking to me like that lady talking to dylan. 'i always wanted to skate. do you get hurt really bad?'
i said 'yeah, you just love it more than it hurts'.
she sat in her car for a minute and i wanted her to see me land something so i did a nollie fs flip to send my man to hell for all eternity.
that and earlier in the day i did a wallride nollie to fakie and some jamokes driving by gave me a horn ovation and shouted encouragement before driving out of sight. a little unexpected gnar brightens civilians day and their appreciation brightens mine.

jimi420

« Reply #1013 on: September 28, 2014, 08:01:47 PM »
Today a big group of my friends got together for a friend who passed away a couple years ago. It was the first time in 8 years most of us skated together. I also got over my fear of back 5050ing this curved box I've always been afraid of

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1014 on: September 28, 2014, 08:11:05 PM »
Learned a nollie no comply powerslide front 180. pretty gnar trick and i guess it's prob some wrong baorder tipe shit. Also threw down some ledge shit at da park and talked to my homies, shot the shit with some 11 year old about how to casper, smoked mad cigarettes infront of him so he knows what a role model i am, den went on home.

shark tits

« Reply #1015 on: September 28, 2014, 08:59:13 PM »
i made eye contact w/ some muscled jock guy. maybe he wasn't mean but i don't like nobody lookin at me. i slammed wicked hard, both my hands kinda went numb but they still hurt and my shoe flew off. i went back to the batters box, spit, grab my nuts and stuck my next back tail like papi knock one out the park after hearing some sweet chin music. i didn't look back at dude but the whole scenario reminded me of this

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #1016 on: September 28, 2014, 09:12:52 PM »
Yo dogg chill, muscle head just wanted his fruit cocktail, next time give it to him. Maybe u won't slam dat hard den.

Props on dat backtail too.

shark tits

« Reply #1017 on: September 28, 2014, 09:15:41 PM »
heh, you're prolly right. i just get awkward when people stare. whether they want me to get hurt or be entertained it fucks w/ me.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #1018 on: October 05, 2014, 11:52:08 AM »
Port-a-pottys at the spot!!

And I put a new set of bones Swiss into some new f4s and holy fuck it's amazing. I had no idea what I was missing. It's like putting on glasses for the first times
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

zippy z

« Reply #1019 on: October 05, 2014, 04:18:15 PM »
Relearned nollie heelfips yesterday and still have them today.