Author Topic: Question and Answer thread.  (Read 14487 times)

Krooked antihero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
Re: Question and Answer thread.
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2017, 12:25:24 AM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=94244.msg2607524#msg2607524 date=1486652928
Expand Quote
Are those Footprint Gamechangers really that good as people claim them to be? Been wanting to try them out for a while now, I'm a bit short of money atm so do you guys suggest me to get those or should i just use that money to buy new shoes from sales rack? I want my feet to feel better...
[close]

I have a pair of size 11s barely used if you're interested. Bought them to help me with a problem with my snowboard boots but in the end ended up getting new boots altogether. Haven't used them for skating at all.

Those are way too big for me but thanks for your offer. Where did you get them, so far I've only seen one place (sinnestore) selling them here in Finland?
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
  • Only YOU can prevent corporate espionage.
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2017, 12:48:31 AM »
Just in case anyone wanted to know. Picked up the Diamond All Day, went half a size down because it was the only option and it fits like a slip on. Surprisingly feels wide, my toes feel crammed but they feel good for walking. Actual midsole, not like vans with the cardboard crap. Only thing that has me worried is the tread pattern, seems shallow. Other than that so far feels good.
so what time tomorrow is the funeral for those lace loops?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2017, 01:04:17 AM »
Just in case anyone wanted to know. Picked up the Diamond All Day, went half a size down because it was the only option and it fits like a slip on. Surprisingly feels wide, my toes feel crammed but they feel good for walking. Actual midsole, not like vans with the cardboard crap. Only thing that has me worried is the tread pattern, seems shallow. Other than that so far feels good.

Have you ever ripped the eyelet stay/lace hole while lacing them up and pulling them tight?

I was at the Diamond store and they told me they had a couple returns from them ripping like that, but none while skating them since the laces are placed high up on the shoe.

Don't think the knit fabric digs too much on the grip either, from the couple of I have asked that skated them.

I remember they were like $30 or less or something when PacSun had an online sale.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2017, 01:13:04 AM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=94244.msg2607872#msg2607872 date=1486715124
Expand Quote
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=94244.msg2607524#msg2607524 date=1486652928
Expand Quote
Are those Footprint Gamechangers really that good as people claim them to be? Been wanting to try them out for a while now, I'm a bit short of money atm so do you guys suggest me to get those or should i just use that money to buy new shoes from sales rack? I want my feet to feel better...
[close]

I have a pair of size 11s barely used if you're interested. Bought them to help me with a problem with my snowboard boots but in the end ended up getting new boots altogether. Haven't used them for skating at all.
[close]

Those are way too big for me but thanks for your offer. Where did you get them, so far I've only seen one place (sinnestore) selling them here in Finland?

Ordered from here: http://www.footprintinsolesgermany.bigcartel.com/
Not from Finland and not very cheap, but I couldn't find them cheaper and thought they might solve the problem with my snowboard boots, which they didn't. Also the arch support felt really weird for me. I definitely don't have a flat foot. Dunno if my arch is high either, but I just couldn't get used to the insoles in the snowboard boots or even just walking around on skate shoes. I'd buy one of the flat models if your feet aren't flat.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 586
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2017, 01:02:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Have you ever ripped the eyelet stay/lace hole while lacing them up and pulling them tight?

I was at the Diamond store and they told me they had a couple returns from them ripping like that, but none while skating them since the laces are placed high up on the shoe.

Don't think the knit fabric digs too much on the grip either, from the couple of I have asked that skated them.

I remember they were like $30 or less or something when PacSun had an online sale.

so what time tomorrow is the funeral for those lace loops?
They do feel really fragile I pulled a little hard and hear a weird noise from them. I've been running the loose or taking my time to tighten them so I don't rip the loops.
I got them during that Tilly's sale for around $30 so it won't hurt as much when they rip and i have to use the holes on the side like Skatan said. Looking forward to the heavy use they'll get when it's not raining or too cold for them. Might try running them laceless.

****Edit: They ripped last night on me without even pulling hard on them, fml lol
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 07:31:21 AM by mynameisnotjeff »
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

Evisoon

• Rep: -3
« Reply #65 on: February 21, 2017, 08:35:56 PM »

how are the lakai fremonts?

christ0v

• Rep: 15
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2017, 01:59:16 PM »
Any decks in Europe that are pressed by South Central and can be bought regularly ?

I know that the 5boro VHS series are SC, but they will be gone at some point. Caliroots stock some SC decks from time to time but they are like 80 Euro with shipping

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2017, 11:39:53 PM »
Expand Quote
I just got some Cons Metric CLS and they are narrow and super stiff (couldn't try them on before I bought them).

Anyone know how to break the  in faster?
[close]

Let us know if you like them. I've always wanted to try a pair.
Here's an update on the Metric CLS.

First of all, the weather was good for a little while but the past week or two it's been  mm either snowing, raining, SUUUPER windy, or a combination.

Anyway... I've been skating only vulcs for a long time before these and as you know, vulcs usually feel the same all over the entire shoe. Meaning nice and broken in and  you can feel every inch your board as if you were skating in socks/slippers.

The Metrics though have finally  started to break in  and they tons of support/stability but the toe area is really thin so popping ollies with just your toes on the tail feels amazing. The suede, as with all Cons I've skated, grips super well and is really durable. That hyperscreen pattern or whatever the fuck it's called on the ollie area seems to be doing its job nicely. The sole is also nice and grippy and seems really durable thus far. Oh and even though the insole is basically the midsole (think Nike SB Koston 1's) and is non removable, it feels nice and cushion-y without feeling thick. I posted a picture way at the end to show the midsole/insole.

The only real complaint I have about these, other than the fact that they take a long ass time to break in (I know some people who'd actually like this though), is that the toe is a little less pointy than I prefer but it's not even that much a con. I'd say it's between pointy and round.

Here's a few pics of the shoe.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2017, 06:12:05 PM »
So I was up in the big smoke the other week on business and decided to do a little market research for SLAP/ myself because those Silas 1s I've got aren't getting any younger...

lakai MJs (now called the daily?) in canvas - waaaay too tight, would have to half size up from regular size
lakai griffin - might be the pick of the bunch from the shoes I tried on. pretty much bang on in sizing and felt good off the bat
NB# 868s - way too tight at my regular size and they didn't have half sizes so no...
DC Even - felt tight at tts but once I actually got my foot in there the toe box was nice and roomy which is a rare thing these days
DC Wes 2 - tried these on for shits and giggles but for a shoe with only two lace loops it felt super supportive and super comfy. I actually would have dropped my money on these if they had a non suede/ leather version.
So at this point I'm thinking either the griffins (weather treated) or the evens in all black. My name is gay imp and that was my market research for last week...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 11:12:13 PM by Gay Imp Sausage Metal »

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

micky682

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2017, 06:54:01 PM »
Any recommendations for comfortable skate shoes? Any shoe that I can skate for the whole day without my feet feeling sore or tired?

CINCINNATI

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2017, 08:09:50 PM »
anyone skated the adidas adv skate?

http://www.tactics.com/adidas/skate-adv-skate-shoes/core-black-white-gum4

really tempted to buy them, they just look so classic, like a bruin or blazer low.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2017, 11:00:29 PM »
Any recommendations for comfortable skate shoes? Any shoe that I can skate for the whole day without my feet feeling sore or tired?
Cupsoles.

It sucks getting old.

micky682

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2017, 08:53:18 AM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=94244.msg2614052#msg2614052 date=1488178829
Expand Quote
[close]
Cupsoles.
That's what I thought, but these es accel slims are hurting my feet more than the vulcs I was skating prior.

Jud Nestorkins

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2017, 08:59:34 AM »
So I was up in the big smoke the other week on business and decided to do a little market research for SLAP/ myself because those Silas 1s I've got aren't getting any younger...

lakai MJs (now called the daily?) in canvas - waaaay too tight, would have to half size up from regular size
lakai griffin - might be the pick of the bunch from the shoes I tried on. pretty much bang on in sizing and felt good off the bat
NB# 868s - way too tight at my regular size and they didn't have half sizes so no...
DC Even - felt tight at tts but once I actually got my foot in there the toe box was nice and roomy which is a rare thing these days
DC Wes 2 - tried these on for shits and giggles but for a shoe with only two lace loops it felt super supportive and super comfy. I actually would have dropped my money on these if they had a non suede/ leather version.
So at this point I'm thinking either the griffins (weather treated) or the evens in all black. My name is gay imp and that was my market research for last week...

From that post I think you should get the DCs

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2017, 09:20:53 AM »

I have the Evan Smiths and they are very comfortable. Those inverted cones on the sole make them super squishy and they are fucking amazing.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2017, 04:15:23 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

From that post I think you should get the DCs
that's what I'm leaning towards. they are a mid too and all black/ gum has always been a dope colourway.
NB# 212 are also on my list of shoes to try as is arto's model

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2017, 10:15:52 PM »
Quote from: Krooked antihero  link=topic=94244.msg2614052#msg2614052 date=1488178829
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Cupsoles.
[close]
That's what I thought, but these es accel slims are hurting my feet more than the vulcs I was skating prior.
Weird, changing from vulc to cup made wonders to my feet. Haven't tried new accel's yet so I really cant tell but have you tried different insoles on them? Oh, I skated pair of Nike free's last summer, those things were like pillows on my feet with nice boardfeel... those Adidas Sucius seem to have pretty decent padding as well.

It sucks getting old.

yungapplejuice

« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2017, 12:21:07 AM »
Do the Puig ADV premiere primeknits fit true to size ? Kinda pricy but they look super comfy . My local shop doesn't carry em so I have to buy em online if I want a pair - no chance to try em on in person .

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2017, 08:57:14 AM »
Are Converse KA2 good? How's the fit? I'm seeing them for cheap and considering to get them.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2017, 08:58:59 PM »
What boards have the baker b16 shape, is it labeled?

Jordick

« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2017, 11:21:46 PM »
any board that says 8.475 x 31.875

micky682

« Reply #81 on: March 07, 2017, 07:56:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
A friend of mine who always had trouble with flip tricks, got a B16 and I swear he's been catching them all the time and they look good. The board was made to kick flip.

Jordick

« Reply #82 on: March 07, 2017, 01:07:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
A friend of mine who always had trouble with flip tricks, got a B16 and I swear he's been catching them all the time and they look good. The board was made to kick flip.
It's one of the best shapes on the market, even if you like longer or thinner boards. It's magical. Deathwish just came out with a b16 with an adjustable wheelbase for a 14 or 14.38 wheelbase if you want to try it that way too.

Evisoon

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2017, 06:26:52 PM »
Have any of you guys skated any shoes by diamond footwear? I'm really digging some of them.

Noioso

• Rep: 90
  • "For me it's crazy like"
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2017, 08:36:40 AM »
Question: Do those "fancy" skate insoles actually work or would I get the same result from Dr. Scholls? Do they sacrifice board feel?
"So, you want to follow the nuge, get a good feeble, a nice ollie, an excellent lipside, maybe a tolerable down love and become known for your outstanding kick flip el toro? Become a regular visitor at our skate parks. Righteous."

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2017, 06:34:40 PM »
Question: Do those "fancy" skate insoles actually work or would I get the same result from Dr. Scholls? Do they sacrifice board feel?

Any fp insole will almost certainly be better than Dr Scholls. Yes a little bit, if you're comparing them to paper thin stock insoles, but not to the extent that it would affect your skating at all unless boardfeel is everything to you, in which case you probably wouldn't be using Dr Scholls anyway.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2017, 02:27:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I just got some Cons Metric CLS and they are narrow and super stiff (couldn't try them on before I bought them).

Anyone know how to break the  in faster?
[close]

Let us know if you like them. I've always wanted to try a pair.
[close]
Here's an update on the Metric CLS.

First of all, the weather was good for a little while but the past week or two it's been  mm either snowing, raining, SUUUPER windy, or a combination.

Anyway... I've been skating only vulcs for a long time before these and as you know, vulcs usually feel the same all over the entire shoe. Meaning nice and broken in and  you can feel every inch your board as if you were skating in socks/slippers.

The Metrics though have finally  started to break in  and they tons of support/stability but the toe area is really thin so popping ollies with just your toes on the tail feels amazing. The suede, as with all Cons I've skated, grips super well and is really durable. That hyperscreen pattern or whatever the fuck it's called on the ollie area seems to be doing its job nicely. The sole is also nice and grippy and seems really durable thus far. Oh and even though the insole is basically the midsole (think Nike SB Koston 1's) and is non removable, it feels nice and cushion-y without feeling thick. I posted a picture way at the end to show the midsole/insole.

The only real complaint I have about these, other than the fact that they take a long ass time to break in (I know some people who'd actually like this though), is that the toe is a little less pointy than I prefer but it's not even that much a con. I'd say it's between pointy and round.

Here's a few pics of the shoe.

What is the sizing like?

Evisoon

« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2017, 08:25:19 PM »
How does the Converse Breakpoint Pro skate?? the one with the canvas upper with suede underneath? thanks.

Chuck Gender

« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2017, 08:56:49 AM »
Why would anyone put a sticker on their board when they are not sponsored and thus don't have to represent a company?

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2017, 09:22:18 AM »
Why would anyone put a sticker on their board when they are not sponsored and thus don't have to represent a company?
why do ppl film clips if they're not selling product? why do ppl buy pro boards if blanks are cheaper? why do ppl like heath - all he did was fall down?
i could go on 4ever with this. go to the park and ask a kid
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5