Author Topic: Yonnie Cruz caught in a Stuckey situation, RAPE ALLEGATIONS, victims share texts  (Read 182866 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
i was  thinking the other day about pro /college sports/music/ entertainment industries that have definitely had cases like this but have paid their way to silence the victims or we're able to label the victim as "crazy"

Rhymes with Smhobe Shmryant

Sidewalk Funk.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Wow, good riddance. What a terrible person.

i really hope these dudes can try to fix the damages they've done..

wonder what johan stuckey is up to now

A few months back I stumbled across the Instagram account of the victim that was the most vocal about Johan (I think her name is Emily?) and she had made a post saying that Johan never attempted to contact her or the other victims. He had not tried to apologize or make amends like he claimed he was going to. Instead he packed up his things and moved to Portland (or maybe it was Seattle?) hoping to get away/avoid it all.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 06:42:06 PM by Sidewalk Funk. »

nino brown

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
what a fucking loser.

KBizzle

• Rep: -17
Expand Quote
i was  thinking the other day about pro /college sports/music/ entertainment industries that have definitely had cases like this but have paid their way to silence the victims or we're able to label the victim as "crazy"
[close]

Case was settled out of court. And its pretty lame to speak ill of the dead, do better.

Stayshhh2020

• Rep: 3
I’ve been sitting with something that happened when I went to his house back in 2019. Afraid to say anything because of my professional position and after telling a mutual friend and having him quickly dismiss what I’d shared with him - I felt like no one would believe me. So I’ve just held it in. Seeing other women come forward makes me feel like I have a safe place to do so as well. All of the countries he’s visited, I think about all the women that have been exposed to him that don’t know about all of this coming out and how they’re dealing with it. Just because someone’s a pro skater doesn’t mean they get to do whatever they want to you just because you came over. If a girl comes over that doesn’t mean you’re guaranteed sex. It doesn’t mean you get to make the decision to take it further than she wants it to go as she tells you no. No matter how popular you are, no matter how talented, no matter how many sponsors you have... you don’t get to do anything to anyone when they’re telling you not to. Period.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 126
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was trying to come up with any good reason that Crail wouldn’t sever ties immediately. The first thing I thought was maybe they had to clear it with their lawyers before kicking someone off due to contract reasons...and then I remembered that Carroll rage-fired MJ in a Jenkem interview and that theory went out the window.

There’s no good reason.
[close]
craig historically doesn’t do contracts...
[close]

I'm pretty sure no contracts for Chocolate / Girl but they do contracts for Lakai? Could be wrong
[close]

I thought there was a possibility that they started doing them once the VC got involved...

http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2016/05/17/mike-carroll-on-the-future-of-crailtap/

For Girl and Chocolate we never had contracts, but with Lakai we always have. I think that’s gonna probably change pretty soon, just because obviously we’ve noticed that nothing lasts forever… So it was always just a handshake thing. If you’re not down for anything, then you can bounce, just give us the courtesy, stuff like that. That was one thing that we tried to do, but it doesn’t work in this day and age.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Case was settled out of court. And its pretty lame to speak ill of the dead, do better.

Hmm might want to look into how the accused was pressured to settle out of court (doxxing her for starters).  I was a huge Lakers fan at the time and was guilty blindly heeding the narrative his lawyers put forth just because I liked him and thought it was great that every time he flew back from court to play in the playoffs he had a great game.  Shit makes me sick now. 

You don’t get a pass for rape or sexual impropriety just because you had an untimely death.   Imagine how his accuser feels/felt with the constant hagiography that goes on

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/30/us/information-leaks-prompt-questions-in-kobe-bryant-case.html

(Weird historical note - accuser’s lawyer was Lin Wood of Stop the Steal fame.  Irrelevant to her case, but thought it was wild)

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
It might be hard to sympathize now but i just want to put in that this person gave 1,000's and 1,000s of hours to an activity you know nothing about or can comprehend the complexities of. the gritty ass streets, the gutters, the ditches, the back alley trenches. HE WAS THERE
HARD AT WORK

But that's hundreds of thousands of skateboarders everywhere in the world, just away from the Thrasher website and they don't willfully spread diseases or harm people. Give me someone else who does just what you just described, but respects both other people and their own art, there's plenty of them who rip at least just as hard on the plank as Yonnie without the industry connections, the very ones that will turn assholes into stars as long as that sells shoes.

quimtime

But that's hundreds of thousands of skateboarders everywhere in the world, just away from the Thrasher website and they don't willfully spread diseases or harm people. Give me someone else who does just what you just described, but respects both other people and their own art, there's plenty of them who rip at least just as hard on the plank as Yonnie without the industry connections, the very ones that will turn assholes into stars as long as that sells shoes.
not true, thats not how skateboarding works. the only person who ripped as hard as he did was him. Have you ever been to some of the spots he skated? and if so which ones?
if there is anyone you know who that skates like that please PM me

I am just coming to terms with the situation. Ink has crucified this man cancel culture style but honestly it was wrong on his part. but i enjoyed his skating and hope to somehow continue to enjoy it in the future

AfterBlackEnderEnder

OK so i will weigh in on this situation, just because this Ink chick has made Slap the focal point of this dudes whole career.

Yonnie Cruz is a sex addict
Thats first and foremost in my mind as i have watched this situation unfold
he couldnt help it i dont think
maybe it be personal experiences or toxicity in the male culture that brought him to this point but the dude could not stop fucking
and from what ive read, the end all, do all for sex addiction is the spreading of STD's
its just gonna happen
its terrible for these women and i dont know the exact percentage of condom usage, or what the safest option even is, but i think if your hooking up with someone like yonnie you are aiming for danger
maybe if youre hooking up with someone who you perceive is a 'bad boy' it might come with some after affects
and if you are male and grew up in the 90's, things weren't so PC as they are now, they were a little curvy, being bad was good and being good was bad. and yonnie grew up in this. he has been working in an upward momentum his whole life, trying to get out of being at the bottom. i dont think he came from much. It might be hard to sympathize now but i just want to put in that this person gave 1,000's and 1,000s of hours to an activity you know nothing about or can comprehend the complexities of. the gritty ass streets, the gutters, the ditches, the back alley trenches. HE WAS THERE
HARD AT WORK

that being said i do not support the decision to have sex with random girls while having herpes
this is inexcusable,

but i am not a sex addict

I will continue to admire his part in the historic 'Static' videos

Like a 1920’s worker or something? Although I appreciate some of the things said here, don’t gas him up saying he has some profound work ethic lol. Dude is a typical stoner pro with some natural talent on the ‘ol stuntwood. Now he’s a certified psychopath to boot.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
OK so i will weigh in on this situation, just because this Ink chick has made Slap the focal point of this dudes whole career.

maybe it be personal experiences or toxicity in the male culture that brought him to this point but the dude could not stop fucking
and from what ive read, the end all, do all for sex addiction is the spreading of STD's
its just gonna happen
its terrible for these women and i dont know the exact percentage of condom usage, or what the safest option even is, but i think if your hooking up with someone like yonnie you are aiming for danger
maybe if youre hooking up with someone who you perceive is a 'bad boy' it might come with some after affects
and if you are male and grew up in the 90's, things weren't so PC as they are now, they were a little curvy, being bad was good and being good was bad. and yonnie grew up in this. he has been working in an upward momentum his whole life, trying to get out of being at the bottom. i dont think he came from much. It might be hard to sympathize now but i just want to put in that this person gave 1,000's and 1,000s of hours to an activity you know nothing about or can comprehend the complexities of. the gritty ass streets, the gutters, the ditches, the back alley trenches. HE WAS THERE
HARD AT WORK

that being said i do not support the decision to have sex with random girls while having herpes
this is inexcusable,

Thank god you chose to weigh in.  We’ve all been waiting on whoever you are to finally say their piece

GuessAgain?

• Rep: 57
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Oh great, here come the fucking drongos. "Cancel culture's gone too far bro" "Yonnie was a core skater who worked hard for to make it pro". Listen here shitheads, Yonnie Cruz has been acting like a disgusting human for years and deserves everything he's got. Just read this thread with accounts and texts from the victims themselves, it's not a conspiracy, he's actually admitted to it.

I hope these consequences make him actually internalise the damage he's caused the victims.

Sorry to all the victims who got put through this and are still living with his utterly selfish actions. They are obviously courageous people who I hope can carry on being just that.

Lastly, I think something is missing. Where's the post from Chocolate & Crailtap?
How the fuck do we expect any of this culture to remotely begin to change unless acknowledgments of this ugly behaviour don't come from the top? If they're not vocal on this then they're still being complicit. Ok, they can get rid of someone out the backdoor after the victims speak out after years of it, but where is the energy to stamp this shit out before it gets to that??

As a legacy brand Crailtap know fucking nothing about the word. The company has spend the last 10 years trying to plug holes in their hull desperately trying to recover from fuck ups and failures, they clearly have no thoughts on skateboarding's future.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
  • Jamu Gost

its just gonna happen
HARD AT WORK

this is inexcusable,

This is incredibly dense. There's tonnes of sex addicts in our world that have a clear understanding of healthy consensual sex and relationships. Being an addict is not an excuse for piss poor behaviour and manipulation.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560

its just gonna happen
HARD AT WORK

this is inexcusable,

Man, shut the fuck up.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1572
Expand Quote
[close]
not true, thats not how skateboarding works. the only person who ripped as hard as he did was him. Have you ever been to some of the spots he skated? and if so which ones?

I am just coming to terms with the situation. Ink has crucified this man cancel culture style but honestly it was wrong on his part. but i enjoyed his skating and hope to somehow continue to enjoy it in the future

I've skated with Yonnie before - years ago when he was still a teen and already obnoxious - been to even more spots that he's skated, and filmed for the Static video you're referencing (not Yonnie though). 'The only person who ripped as hard as he did was him' is a fallacy as you could say that about literally every (dedicated) skateboarder doing it out there, renowned or not - no one skates alike but if you're talking the act of putting in the hours then yes, basically every skater who really skates really skates, and industry recognition is a non-factor in that equation. At the end of the day people like Yonnie turn pro not just because they're physically capable but also because in addition to skating well they want to follow a certain pattern, but for one of those folks, go around for a bit and you'll find a hundred of equally talented locals worldwide who have and will always kill it harder unrepresented because it's just what they have fun doing and they don't give a shit about the whole system. I'm all for demythifying pro status in general since it's just that much of a tiny aspect of skateboarding but if there are any pedestals left to take then I'd rather see decent human beings step up there, because I believe in skating being by default inspirational when you're a naive kid trying to get out of your house (and so do companies in their branding, more or less directly, even when trying to appeal to adult skaters, the nostalgia elements are there for a reason) and so for the same bang on their buck when it comes to quality skating, those kids deserve to look up to, and monetarily support better ambitions in general than selfishness and lies in PR from companies that seem to really be into pushing how far they can consider their own audience imbeciles before said audience becomes able to tell and logically turns their back.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
Expand Quote
[close]

what is there for you to come to terms with? you haven't gotten an std from him.

spacial_profiling

• Rep: -88
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If you did dirt, you did dirt. Dead or alive. He was a POS to his wife and women in general. Good on the court tho. “Kobe!” (Dave Chapelle j’s the condom).

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 233
Expand Quote
[close]

I try really hard to be civil here.

With that in mind, fuck you.

Fuck how your concern on how ‘he was crucified’ is more important than the 8+ girls he infected for life.

Fuck you and your sympathy for an asshole taking priority over sympathy for the women that were lied to and had their health and sex lives compromised.

That is way more important than playing on a fucking wooden toy.

PS- Fuck you
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

CaptainBushwacker

• Rep: 13

its just gonna happen
HARD AT WORK

this is inexcusable,

Damn dawg, focus. You are a fucking idiot. Fuck you and your lameass excuses about being core.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
No longer listed on chocolates site and all products pulled from the craigstore
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
LOL “gritty ass streets” “back alleyways” hahaha dude is riding a toy around u act like he is out here robbing heroin dealers lol he fills a small niche role in skating. Yonnie couldn’t place top 20 at Tampa if he tried. His parts aren’t that creative he pretty much just goes fast but isn’t technical like busenitz or going big as jaws or whatever. Yonnie is the kind of pro that the average skater can watch his part and think “that was cool maybe I could do some of that stuff”. Not saying he isn’t good but to think no one else in the world could do any of the tricks in his part is ignorant and shows your conformation bias.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
There are 16 year old kids in Japan that are more well rounded skaters than yonnie and would shit all over him ability wise whether it be ledges gaps rails or transition.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 449
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Hmm might want to look into how the accused was pressured to settle out of court (doxxing her for starters).  I was a huge Lakers fan at the time and was guilty blindly heeding the narrative his lawyers put forth just because I liked him and thought it was great that every time he flew back from court to play in the playoffs he had a great game.  Shit makes me sick now. 

You don’t get a pass for rape or sexual impropriety just because you had an untimely death.   Imagine how his accuser feels/felt with the constant hagiography that goes on

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/30/us/information-leaks-prompt-questions-in-kobe-bryant-case.html

(Weird historical note - accuser’s lawyer was Lin Wood of Stop the Steal fame.  Irrelevant to her case, but thought it was wild)

This whole story is so disgusting and sad. On an individual level, Yonnie not only behaved like a scumbag by hiding his STD but actually seems to have raped some of the women who have come forward on insta and on here as far as I can tell from the messages. I hope that beyond getting his sponsors to finally drop him, all of you will succeed at holding him criminally accountable for all of it. 

On a broader level, and speaking as a man, how does society fail so terribly at educating young men about how to behave towards women in so many cases? There's a great scene in the film Captain Fantastic that came out a year or two ago (about a father who raises his kids alone in the wild). When the oldest son goes off to college, the last, most important thing the father tells him is: "If you sleep with a girl, do what she says, even if you do not love her.' I think having this basic respect for women is such a fundamental aspect of being a man that it should go completely without saying. Seeing how many men apparently don't know that (whether by ignorance or by choice) is depressing.

cherry

• SLAP Pal
I’m just a dumb weird piece of shit from upstate ny but when I lived out west for two years I was blown away by

How popular skateboarding is
How much skateboarders act like frat jocks

I think the industry has rewarded too many humans for acting like “jackass” cuz it sells and the result is people like yonnie

Who live in an environment where its not only acceptable to say shit like “cmon man I don’t want girls to know I have an std” but it’s applauded and makes him seem “cool”

Honestly it’s just a copy paste of the hip hop/rockstar scene and look how well people like brett micheals or jah rule turned out that’s how cheesy y’all are going to look in ten years

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1966
He gone, Took awhile but Atleast they didn’t just try sweep him under the rug.

l8r sk8r

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
I wonder if Kenny Anderson uses his skate “celebrity” status to manipulate and emotionally harass others like he did that one girl on insta.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179

its just gonna happen
HARD AT WORK

this is inexcusable,

Get fucked, kook.
ok thanks

GuessAgain?

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Expand Quote
He gone, Took awhile but Atleast they didn’t just try sweep him under the rug.

[close]

damn wondering if he made this choice...

If I was a kid or generally just an unknowing skater and I took this statement at face value, then it looks like he left himself.

If Crailtap don’t put out a statement saying they dropped him then i’ve got no hope for this industry. Sad little men they are. Really sickens me to think someone like Rick Howard stands by rapists. Who’d have thought. Until it’s stated otherwise, that’s what I can take from this statement.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2536
Expand Quote

its just gonna happen
HARD AT WORK

this is inexcusable,

[close]

Man, shut the fuck up.
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200

So, if a pedophile rapes a child or a sociopath kills people it's okay because they couldn't help it? Please don't excuse a dude's shitty actions.

Also saying he dedicated 1000s of hours into skateboarding like he didn't enjoy doing it in the first place. A lot of skateboarders have dedicated 1000s of hours all over the world and not expected a single thing back from it.