Author Topic: Twin tail  (Read 108336 times)

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1189
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Twin tail
« Reply #1230 on: August 22, 2023, 07:24:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i want a twin 7" nose board with the hockey shape.
[close]

Get the Habitat/AWS twin. Closest you'll get right now (except it's A) longer and B) long ass WB compared to FA/HKY). It's way more full/square than the images suggest.

https://www.alienworkshop.com/products/kaos-twin-8-375

7" kicks

[close]

has anyone skated one of these AWS twins?  looks great on paper
[close]

I liked them enough to skate 5 in a row, the kicks are pretty round but not square. The length is the biggest turn off for most like Xen said, I'd pair them with a truck that pushes the wheels out a lot like a Thunder forged or Venture forged.

Going back to a 32" felt short after the Habitat / AWS twins.

Got news that the it's coming in a 8.25 and 8.5 in the same 32.25 x 14.38 dimensions later this year.

thanks for the input (you too @Xen)
hardly art, hardly starving

frontsideNECKTIE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1231 on: August 22, 2023, 11:15:08 AM »
Any one on here a fan of the G069 or G096 shapes? Interested due to the 14 in WB.

I've ridden (rode?) 3 of G096, and its the only twin I've really tried.

It literally made me a believer in twin tails w/in 5 min of skating it; the wheelbase is snug but I think its perfect. the board feels very "square", for lack of a better term, not so much the shape but the dimensions.

It does feel mellow all around, but once i got used to the mold it felt amazing. I notice considerable consistency when I ride those decks.

plus they're decently easy to stack with the seasonal crailtap deals (2 boards for 80$ or something like that)
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1018
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #1232 on: August 22, 2023, 11:59:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Get the Habitat/AWS twin. Closest you'll get right now (except it's A) longer and B) long ass WB compared to FA/HKY). It's way more full/square than the images suggest.

7" kicks

[close]

[close]

I liked them enough to skate 5 in a row, the kicks are pretty round but not square. The length is the biggest turn off for most like Xen said, I'd pair them with a truck that pushes the wheels out a lot like a Thunder forged or Venture forged.

Got news that the it's coming in a 8.25 and 8.5 in the same 32.25 x 14.38 dimensions later this year.
[close]

Man, if that 8.25 came shorter - I'd be all in. Guess the Welcome will suffice! Anything 32"+ just feels too long and boaty for me.

As for the crail twin, I just can't do a 14" WB, I've tried repeatedly and I just can't get used to it; my stance is too wide. For whatever reason only the primitive 8.125/8.25s with the 14" WB work and that has to be due to the overall length and kick dimensions (tho it still feels just a tad small) + running thunders or ventures (something that did not work with non-twin crail boards.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #1233 on: August 22, 2023, 12:38:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

7" kicks

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Man, if that 8.25 came shorter - I'd be all in. Guess the Welcome will suffice! Anything 32"+ just feels too long and boaty for me.

As for the crail twin, I just can't do a 14" WB, I've tried repeatedly and I just can't get used to it; my stance is too wide. For whatever reason only the primitive 8.125/8.25s with the 14" WB work and that has to be due to the overall length and kick dimensions (tho it still feels just a tad small) + running thunders or ventures (something that did not work with non-twin crail boards.
honestly I'm surprised I enjoy 14"wb as much as I do, its so compact and easy to manipulate. i still fuck with the usual 14.25-14.5, but 14 is easy to remember ahaha

strange as i'm on the taller and slender side but shorter wb fit so good for some reason - I also loved the sub-14"wb on the crail couch/loveseat (13.85, i think?)

I ran indy's on each twin, not sure in which that affects wb
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1234 on: August 22, 2023, 05:46:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

7" kicks

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
honestly I'm surprised I enjoy 14"wb as much as I do, its so compact and easy to manipulate. i still fuck with the usual 14.25-14.5, but 14 is easy to remember ahaha

strange as i'm on the taller and slender side but shorter wb fit so good for some reason - I also loved the sub-14"wb on the crail couch/loveseat (13.85, i think?)

I ran indy's on each twin, not sure in which that affects wb

Depends on the twin and kick length tbh, longer kicks with a short/14" WB I can handle as the kick length makes it feel longer...so a long WB, board and kicks, nope.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
« Reply #1235 on: August 23, 2023, 12:05:43 PM »
Just received my santa cruz mccoy "transcend" vx twin and it's just so weird.
The "tails" are actually the same length and the nose is only 1° steeper which would be fine, BUT they have different fingers of flat. Way more on the nose. Just why.
Still happy to skate it, maybe just not in a really symmetric way. Only got it because it was 50% off, all good

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1236 on: August 23, 2023, 12:38:49 PM »
Just received my santa cruz mccoy "transcend" vx twin and it's just so weird.
The "tails" are actually the same length and the nose is only 1° steeper which would be fine, BUT they have different fingers of flat. Way more on the nose. Just why.
Still happy to skate it, maybe just not in a really symmetric way. Only got it because it was 50% off, all good

They've always been hit or miss; poor internal communication I think -waaaaaay back they were saying they were symmetrical boards when, in fact, only the kick degree was, not the shape (this was the first mcoy 'twin video') I fell for it and was turned off, but skated it anyway as a 'regular' board, because you could easily see the tail and nose were diff lengths (by 1/4" and shape-wise); that board had the best feel for pop shuvits tho.

crescentfresh

• Rep: 52
« Reply #1237 on: August 24, 2023, 04:51:03 AM »
looks like real made an ishod with wheel wells, which would be sweet (i'm just assuming this is a twin, i can't find anything about it)

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #1238 on: August 24, 2023, 04:59:09 AM »
looks like real made an ishod with wheel wells, which would be sweet (i'm just assuming this is a twin, i can't find anything about it)

I'd be stoked to try a twin with wheel wells but 'm positive that's not going to be the twin in this drop. The Real twins always have symmetrical graphics – as the ones in the last slide have. Those are gonna be the twins.

crescentfresh

• Rep: 52
« Reply #1239 on: August 24, 2023, 05:18:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'd be stoked to try a twin with wheel wells but 'm positive that's not going to be the twin in this drop. The Real twins always have symmetrical graphics – as the ones in the last slide have. Those are gonna be the twins.

you might be right, but i hope you're wrong! fwiw, there are some ishod twins w/o symmetrical graphics, like this one:

scab

« Reply #1240 on: August 24, 2023, 05:48:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

you might be right, but i hope you're wrong! fwiw, there are some ishod twins w/o symmetrical graphics, like this one:

Yeah, I realized I forgot about that series when I walked by my board rack. I use one of those as my cruiser atm. Definitely the exception to the rule though, and since every Real drop also has Shod popsicles, I'd be willing to bet the farm that the wheel well board isn't going to be a twin. Which is not to say I don't want it to be a twin, quite the opposite.

Graphics aside, I can't wait for this drop to hit the shops. I've been experimenting with different symmetrical shapes lately after going through my stack of 8.5 Ishod twins and nothing comes even close.

krisdt17

• Rep: 2
« Reply #1241 on: August 24, 2023, 04:23:46 PM »
Has anybody here rode both an Ishod Twin and the Neen Twin? Need some comparison. Found the Ishod a bit to mellow both on the concave and the kicks. Thanks in advance.

hiljentaa

• Rep: 317
« Reply #1242 on: August 24, 2023, 05:02:24 PM »
Wondering if/when those Primitive twins are going to drop...

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1243 on: August 24, 2023, 07:14:57 PM »
Has anybody here rode both an Ishod Twin and the Neen Twin? Need some comparison. Found the Ishod a bit to mellow both on the concave and the kicks. Thanks in advance.

Yes, search this thread.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #1244 on: August 24, 2023, 10:12:09 PM »

Yes both 8.5s. Neen is just as mellow if not mellower as the Ish. Main difference is the longer kicks on the Neen and, hence, longer board overall. I liked both shapes, had four Neens and two Ishods before sizing down to 8.38. Both are quite big boards, little taper, if that‘s your thing. You can flip them just fine but they are no tech decks. Hope that helps, I posted up the exact dims itt so you should be able to find them with a bit of digging.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1039
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1245 on: August 25, 2023, 12:39:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah, I realized I forgot about that series when I walked by my board rack. I use one of those as my cruiser atm. Definitely the exception to the rule though, and since every Real drop also has Shod popsicles, I'd be willing to bet the farm that the wheel well board isn't going to be a twin. Which is not to say I don't want it to be a twin, quite the opposite.

Graphics aside, I can't wait for this drop to hit the shops. I've been experimenting with different symmetrical shapes lately after going through my stack of 8.5 Ishod twins and nothing comes even close.

The Real Comix series is the first frame of that Instagram post, with the Ishod being the longer standard 8.5 shape, that is the 8.5 x 32.2 or so with a 14.38 wb, so NOT the twin shape there.

As said, the last frame with the matchy graphics are the twins from that series.

The first one is here at Cal Sk8 and probably at a lot of other places soon enough, if you are interested.

https://calsk8.com/products/real-skateboards-ishod-wair-comix-8-5-deck
I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

scab

« Reply #1246 on: August 25, 2023, 12:50:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The Real Comix series is the first frame of that Instagram post, with the Ishod being the longer standard 8.5 shape, that is the 8.5 x 32.2 or so with a 14.38 wb, so NOT the twin shape there.

As said, the last frame with the matchy graphics are the twins from that series.

The first one is here at Cal Sk8 and probably at a lot of other places soon enough, if you are interested.

Brimson coming through as always. Thanks a bunch for clarifying!

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1247 on: August 25, 2023, 12:59:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Brimson coming through as always. Thanks a bunch for clarifying!

Ha yeah, trying not to be too deep in anything DLX, but the releases this time are quite varied and cool looking graphics.

What I had meant to add is those twins in particular are actually quite an amazing graphic range, this lot being "Fowls" as in the birds that make up the head dress on the side profile of the person, which is reverse mirrored so on one it is the face that is coloured in and the rest around it is the ply stain coming through, then the other end is the face that is the ply stain and colour around it, which contrasts really nicely.

The basic picture of the deck is good, but I am not about to crop the shop pic, and you can see easily enough, more so from that Insta post, that all the others are as I said, but the 8.5 is a grey face / red face.

https://calsk8.com/products/real-skateboards-ishod-wair-fowls-8-5-twin-tip-deck

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Last Edit: August 27, 2023, 05:17:27 PM by Xen »

johnficenec

• Rep: -23
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #1249 on: August 27, 2023, 04:27:17 PM »
Expand Quote

coming back to this post to say my third G096 is coming in the mail today! might be my favorite shape ever.

has anyone who has ridden the G096 shape tried the Krooked 8.3" Bobby TT slick shape? thinking of switching it up after i burn through this G096 coming today. feel like the 14.4" WB would be too much of a step up from the 14" WB.

i ride 149's and 56 conical fulls for reference. cheers!
[close]

The 8.3" bobby is the same as the Ishod 8.3" if you've ever tried one of those. I purchased a Bobby one a few months back and it had the same Twin Tail sticker on it as the Ishod, but with Ishods name crossed out and Bobby written over it  ;D

just saw this--thanks mate!

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1251 on: August 27, 2023, 08:46:35 PM »

Do you know what woodshop they use?

They have had BBS and Clutch in the past, so this could be one of those or something different.  One of the same graphic egg looks like BBS top dot / dimple and the new BBS shape, but I don't see any other info for the regular or twin boards.

Also from the twin board info, it says this, which is twin nose and might be a touch long for some people:

7.125 Nose & Tail

14.25" Wheelbase

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #1252 on: August 29, 2023, 05:17:22 PM »
Is Primitive actually going to sell twin tails? I need to know because I’m about to buy my on deck board soon. How pot smokers will buy some bud before their bud runs out, I buy a board when I set up a new board so I’m never out.

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1253 on: August 29, 2023, 05:46:20 PM »
Is Primitive actually going to sell twin tails? I need to know because I’m about to buy my on deck board soon. How pot smokers will buy some bud before their bud runs out, I buy a board when I set up a new board so I’m never out.

I wish they'd get off their asses about it if they are. I've DM'd them not a peep - also, my company's licensing manager has attempted to reach out multiple times, they apparently never respond (even to general inquiries about potential partnerships - knowing someone they've worked with, apparently they do the reaching out not the other way around); so we said fuck'em and went/signed with a different, well known board brand for our collab offerings.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2023, 12:00:47 PM by Xen »

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #1254 on: September 04, 2023, 07:51:14 AM »
Looks like there’s no G069 shapes on the crailstore anymore and the Chris Roberts twin tip is sold out everywhere I looked. Really hope they didn’t discontinue this shape because I’ve been skating it exclusively for years and only have 1 left in the stash.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1964
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1255 on: September 04, 2023, 07:59:35 AM »
Looks like there’s no G069 shapes on the crailstore anymore and the Chris Roberts twin tip is sold out everywhere I looked. Really hope they didn’t discontinue this shape because I’ve been skating it exclusively for years and only have 1 left in the stash.

I doubt they took it off the production line, my local shop can't keep enough of them in stock and I'd gander this is their most popular shape. Probably clearing inventory for next seasons graphic.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

boneless900

• Rep: 60
« Reply #1256 on: September 04, 2023, 10:03:44 AM »
Finally found a g096 but it's backordered so I won't see it for a couple weeks. Still very stoked since i haven't ridden a symmetrical popsicle shape before and crailtap wood has been phenomenal for me

The last symmetrical deck I tried was a 9.25 heroin razor egg. I remember liking how it looked/felt but it was a bit steep for my skating at the time. I snapped it after a few shitty, tail-heavy landings about 4 sessions in so I didn't get the full heroin experience. I'm currently lurking for a symmetrical egg right now so I can have doubles of non directional boards. maybe I should get two more because triples is best. Triples is safe

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1257 on: September 06, 2023, 06:55:59 AM »
Is there a twin tail drought? I see fewer new boards coming out and stock is dwindling. What’s up?
why come?

Xen

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1258 on: September 06, 2023, 10:37:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I doubt they took it off the production line, my local shop can't keep enough of them in stock and I'd gander this is their most popular shape. Probably clearing inventory for next seasons graphic.

They seem to come in waves. Most non-crail are BBS (DLX...well before china(?), welcome, quasi).

Crail:
https://www.tactics.com/girl/bennett-93-til-825-twin-tip-shape-skateboard-deck/cream-red-mdchen

There's still plenty of Welcome and dlx out there (CCS and smaller indy shops), just have to hunt around..this is why I buy two at a time! Still have a Foy and Quasi on ice.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2023, 11:00:33 AM by Xen »

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1259 on: September 06, 2023, 11:43:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

They seem to come in waves. Most non-crail are BBS (DLX...well before china(?), welcome, quasi).

Crail:
https://www.tactics.com/girl/bennett-93-til-825-twin-tip-shape-skateboard-deck/cream-red-mdchen

There's still plenty of Welcome and dlx out there (CCS and smaller indy shops), just have to hunt around..this is why I buy two at a time! Still have a Foy and Quasi on ice.

Cool, I am looking for 8.38s in Europe predominantly so anyone who's got pointers hook me up pls.
why come?