Author Topic: lame instagram posts by pros  (Read 1439813 times)

InkkeACAB, Troubadour26, Rune Spliffberg, JANUS and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Mariatorresflores

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -94
Re: lame instagram posts by pros
« Reply #8190 on: May 03, 2022, 02:56:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
PJ liked it…
[close]
Is anyone surprised by anything pj likes at this point? If you are you must not have been paying attention; he's openly been a sexist, homophobic conspiracy kook for good decade now.

Who's given a shit about Vinny in over a decade either? He's just a hate monger begging for any attention he can get at this point. 

Frankly I'm just embarrassed for idiots like this, pro skaters are on average some of the most ill-adjusted "adults" alive. I wish dunces like PJ and Vinny could just realize how stupid, how brainwashed they appear to the general public.

PJ, Vinny, do your legacy's a favor and shut the fuck up already.
[close]

Sounds like your heart is in the right place, but if you think the "general public" is a sound ethical reference or responsible for advancing the rights of lgtbq people ( yeah, I put the t before the b) I can only disagree with you.

I made no such claim, is there a reason you're extrapolating such things? Does the phrase " general public" offend you? If so general public general public general public!

I frankly don't care about the way you prefer to order a series of letters either though I'm sure you were hoping I would ask. I appreciate how woke and unique you are though, I really do.

General public.

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2242
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #8191 on: May 03, 2022, 03:16:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
PJ liked it…
[close]
Is anyone surprised by anything pj likes at this point? If you are you must not have been paying attention; he's openly been a sexist, homophobic conspiracy kook for good decade now.

Who's given a shit about Vinny in over a decade either? He's just a hate monger begging for any attention he can get at this point. 

Frankly I'm just embarrassed for idiots like this, pro skaters are on average some of the most ill-adjusted "adults" alive. I wish dunces like PJ and Vinny could just realize how stupid, how brainwashed they appear to the general public.

[close]

Sounds like your heart is in the right place, but if you think the "general public" is a sound ethical reference or responsible for advancing the rights of lgtbq people ( yeah, I put the t before the b) I can only disagree with you.
[close]

I made no such claim, is there a reason you're extrapolating such things? Does the phrase " general public" offend you? If so general public general public general public!

I frankly don't care about the way you prefer to order a series of letters either though I'm sure you were hoping I would ask. I appreciate how woke and unique you are though, I really do.

General public.

Dang, baby!
You just escalated that shit hella quick, didn’t you?

Also…

This is pretty sound advice, but I have GOT to ask… Vinny Ponte has a legacy?!?
For reals?
I mean, I’m one of those people you refer to, who hasn’t thought about him in literally 10 years or more.
Must be an impressive legacy he’s got: I’d love to see it one day.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1078
« Reply #8192 on: May 03, 2022, 03:25:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
PJ liked it…
[close]

[close]

[close]

General public.

[close]
Dang, baby!
You just escalated that shit hella quick, didn’t you?

Also…

Expand Quote
[close]
This is pretty sound advice, but I have GOT to ask… Vinny Ponte has a legacy?!?
For reals?
I mean, I’m one of those people you refer to, who hasn’t thought about him in literally 10 years or more.
Must be an impressive legacy he’s got: I’d love to see it one day.

Mobbed kickflips are Vinny P’s legacy…

chris.

• Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8193 on: May 03, 2022, 03:30:35 PM »
I've seen my favorite local shop like some anti-mask, anti-vax stuff (usually when it's posted in this thread) and that always bummed me out, but I think all my money is going to officially have to go the other shops in the area after liking that Vinny Ponte post. Blehhhhh.

Mandatory Reload

• Rep: 79
« Reply #8194 on: May 03, 2022, 03:48:54 PM »
fuckin' lame seeing Ryan Gallant like that Vinny Ponte post too smh

hadn't heard much about him having shitty beliefs, but PJ's been a given for a while

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #8195 on: May 03, 2022, 04:05:15 PM »
Seems like Boston has an issue

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #8196 on: May 03, 2022, 04:57:18 PM »

hadn't heard much about him having shitty beliefs, but PJ's been a given for a while

I think it just has to do with being able to distinguish material, biological reality from a belief system. Look up why Sweden and Finland ditched affirmative care in favor of more talk based therapy, as a start.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
« Reply #8197 on: May 03, 2022, 05:52:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
PJ liked it…
[close]

[close]

[close]

General public.

wow. I wasn't feeling offended and still am not feeling offended. I picked up on something you said (at least what i thought you were saying) and was commenting on it. It seemed relevant to me because I'm interested in how ethics and rights evolve and are understood. I'm not that into sarcasm.

*sorry for the double post
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 08:04:37 PM by botefdunn »

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1484
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #8198 on: May 03, 2022, 06:07:13 PM »
I think it was a Family Guy episode where I heard this but why is a city with some of the most prestigious universities so notorious for pumping out some of the dumbest people?

Magnolia

• Rep: 454
  • She/They
« Reply #8199 on: May 03, 2022, 06:09:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I think it just has to do with being able to distinguish material, biological reality from a belief system. Look up why Sweden and Finland ditched affirmative care in favor of more talk based therapy, as a start.
Ok I'll bite, what exactly is your understanding of this material, biological reality
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

cynical cow

• Rep: 27
« Reply #8200 on: May 03, 2022, 06:15:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I think it was a Family Guy episode where I heard this but why is a city with some of the most prestigious universities so notorious for pumping out some of the dumbest people?
Only like 15% of students at Harvard are from Massachusetts so not many even attend these schools in the first place. They probably should though haha

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 815
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #8201 on: May 03, 2022, 06:47:22 PM »
He self-identifies as an athlete which is infinitely more delusional than anything he's got to say.
I'm dying hahahahah
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #8202 on: May 03, 2022, 06:58:02 PM »
Who runs the useless_wooden_knowledge IG? Thought it was an ex pro.

i thought it was Shimizu since he's one of the dudes who made the trivia game

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
« Reply #8203 on: May 03, 2022, 09:04:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
Only like 15% of students at Harvard are from Massachusetts so not many even attend these schools in the first place. They probably should though haha
Isn't there a similar thing with some southern states like they have NASA etc
Anyway Vinny ponte isn't dumb he knew someone who knew a pilot that tried to fly over the ice and it's like mad far...

Prostate Exam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
  • registered SLAP offender
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8204 on: May 04, 2022, 12:25:13 AM »

Ben Schroeder's instagram seems to be hacked. That's what you get for posting all this antivax shit

Hedgehog In Da Fog

• Rep: -15
« Reply #8205 on: May 04, 2022, 01:32:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Ok I'll bite, what exactly is your understanding of this material, biological reality

Events of the past 48 hours have given us the perfect example. Whose bodily autonomy is directly affected by this leaked supreme court ruling in the US? Males or females?

assvogel

• Rep: 210
« Reply #8206 on: May 04, 2022, 02:10:48 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Ok, let's see receipts for this, I'd guess some American religious right-wing thinktank?

Like just late last year, we got the needed 50 000 signatures for our parliament to ban talk/therapy based conversion therapy for gay/trans youth and it's on going now. So stop talking out of your ass.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 02:18:03 AM by assvogel »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 250
« Reply #8207 on: May 04, 2022, 02:46:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Sounds like these MA ppl (pj, gallant, Jereme too) got weird when they left the state

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #8208 on: May 04, 2022, 04:03:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Sounds like these MA ppl (pj, gallant, Jereme too) got weird when they left the state
i mean, you abbreviated it for a reason other than it being difficult to spell. the name massachusetts is hard enough on the ears/eyes as is. i wouldn’t imagine it to breed sophisticated individuals. the accent speaks for itself… (i’m just poking fun, i’m sure all of you baaahstonites are great people)

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
« Reply #8209 on: May 04, 2022, 04:07:48 AM »
Not hating on him for getting sober, but this guy's "style" (if you can call it that) certainly is something else ... sheesh.

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #8210 on: May 04, 2022, 06:08:34 AM »
I’ve been in a few outpatient rehabs and still can’t understand how some people can smoke cigs and claim sobriety. You’d think as an athlete whose career relies on his athleticism that smoking would be a counterintuitive substitute for drugs. Seems like a D Loy type of thing to do.

Edit: By all means though, if you need to smoke cigs to get off of something, I back you 100%.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 06:26:27 AM by potpie »

Magnolia

• She/They
« Reply #8211 on: May 04, 2022, 06:12:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Events of the past 48 hours have given us the perfect example. Whose bodily autonomy is directly affected by this leaked supreme court ruling in the US? Males or females?
Trans men are affected by restrictions on abortion. How about the Texas law requiring CPS investigate the parents of trans children, laws discriminating against trans athletes, Missouri pushing a law to prevent people from accessing gender affirming care until they're 25? The bodily autonomy of trans people has been under assault for years.
I'm still waiting for your evidence of this material, biological reality, but I won't hold my breath

dannyprovolone

« Reply #8212 on: May 04, 2022, 06:18:51 AM »
I’ve been in a few outpatient rehabs and still can’t understand how some people can smoke cigs and claim sobriety. You’d think as an athlete whose career relies on his athleticism that smoking would be a counterintuitive substitute for drugs. Seems like a D Loy type of thing to do.

California sober - pills, cigs and weed still ok!

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1432
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #8213 on: May 04, 2022, 06:21:02 AM »
Kudos to DLoy for giving up one substance, but even more so than cigs, it's weird to make a sobriety post a few posts after your weed sponsorship. I used to work at a substance use treatment program and met a bunch of guys who would get all "holier than thou" about giving up alcohol, but they'd be high as a kite on anything else they could get their hands on.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
« Reply #8214 on: May 04, 2022, 06:35:43 AM »
Pro skateboarders need to just call themselves alcohol free or heroin free not sober because smoking weed all day isn’t being sober i.e. Fred Gall and David Loy

Magnolia

• She/They
« Reply #8215 on: May 04, 2022, 07:18:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Sorry to double dip here, but do you really think a bunch of right wing Christian ideologues are motivated by scientific rigor?

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
« Reply #8216 on: May 04, 2022, 09:55:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
Trans men are affected by restrictions on abortion. How about the Texas law requiring CPS investigate the parents of trans children, laws discriminating against trans athletes, Missouri pushing a law to prevent people from accessing gender affirming care until they're 25? The bodily autonomy of trans people has been under assault for years.
I'm still waiting for your evidence of this material, biological reality, but I won't hold my breath

Don't bother with @Hedgehog In Da Fog, they have shared braindead opinions on LGBTQIA people in the past (example below). Not surprised to see they are back with an even more bullshit take on trans folk.

Expand Quote
I'll cop some heat for this, but I don't get putting Deluxe on this pedestal when this only happened when Leo and Deluxe couldn't agree on terms when it came to Glue, as that was originally meant to be under Deluxe, and they continue to support two guys who have history with homophobic slurs in Robbie Brockel and Jake Donnelly, and the nonsense with Daan.
[close]

Lots of lesbians agree with Daan, believe it or not. A lot of people are happy with the recent milestones in gay rights, but also see that the activism has been hijacked by people who do not have anyone’s best interests.

Rune Spliffberg

• Rep: 109
« Reply #8217 on: May 04, 2022, 10:07:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Kudos to DLoy for giving up one substance, but even more so than cigs, it's weird to make a sobriety post a few posts after your weed sponsorship. I used to work at a substance use treatment program and met a bunch of guys who would get all "holier than thou" about giving up alcohol, but they'd be high as a kite on anything else they could get their hands on.

David Loy looks like he strictly shops for his wardrobe via suggested Facebook ads

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #8218 on: May 04, 2022, 10:13:25 AM »

While I appreciate that this is some seriously kooky insane shit, this still speaks to my absurdist sensibilities and has me laughing my ass off... if you look at it without context in a Tim and Eric sort've way, you know?

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 641
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8219 on: May 04, 2022, 12:57:21 PM »

Ben Schroeder's instagram seems to be hacked. That's what you get for posting all this antivax shit

Dude is the absolute worst. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't hacked but he actually believed this nonsense.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?