Author Topic: Hockey Talk  (Read 224957 times)

Harem

Re: Hockey Talk
« Reply #1980 on: May 05, 2014, 05:41:31 PM »
You can't not score off a 4 min powerplay. Cosby makes them pay straight away.

RockForLight

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1981 on: May 05, 2014, 10:25:15 PM »
My lady is originally from Pittsburgh and we couldn't watch the game tonight due to our basic cable and living in Texas, so we just watched hockey fights on youtube. She showed me this video I've seen Slapshot but didn't know that this actually happened. The shoe haha

abraham linksys

• Rep: 1
« Reply #1982 on: May 06, 2014, 03:42:54 PM »
boston takes game 3 on the road maybe?
sorry minnesota but the blackhawks just stay winning so they'll win tonight.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 04:46:36 PM by abraham linksys »

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #1983 on: May 06, 2014, 07:50:15 PM »
Did anyone see perry fill carters mitt with water  ;D

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #1984 on: May 07, 2014, 07:34:37 AM »

What an absolute heart breaker last nights game was . . .

So many missed opportunities and failed odd-man rushes in the 2nd . . .

Things started looking much better in the 3rd, but it was too little too late.

I hate to say it, but it's as if Boston can't just play "consistent" hockey; they're either on or they're not.

Game 4 needs to be a strong one for sure!
Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1985 on: May 07, 2014, 11:47:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What an absolute heart breaker last nights game was . . .

So many missed opportunities and failed odd-man rushes in the 2nd . . .

Things started looking much better in the 3rd, but it was too little too late.

I hate to say it, but it's as if Boston can't just play "consistent" hockey; they're either on or they're not.

Game 4 needs to be a strong one for sure!

you are being far to kind. that game was terrible, they showed signs of life for very little of the end of the second and then again in the end of the third. The only time we were able to hold onto the puck even at all was when montreal was already more than content with just playing defense as they had the lead and even then they shut us down in the neutral zone for most of it.

The play where nobody on the ice had realized the power play was up and allowed subban that break away was more than pathetic and to have it happen to patrice even though it was more dougie hamiltons fault is still astounding. i wont be forgetting that bonehead play anytime soon.

Montreal took control of the game, they kept the tempo and even played more physical than us. It looked like we were playing with no heart from the beginning of the game.

abraham linksys

« Reply #1986 on: May 07, 2014, 02:08:05 PM »
I agree boston was sloppy, couldn't even get into the offensive zone consistently.
was a total bummer watching montreal get like 3 breakaways.
I gotta give it up to the Minnesota wild they were flying around the ice in the 3rd period making the blackhawks look bad.
anyway I think the penguins take game 4 at msg tonight in a close game.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1586
« Reply #1987 on: May 07, 2014, 05:13:04 PM »
Boston's always got to do it the hard way.....

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1988 on: May 08, 2014, 08:43:13 AM »

LOL, that is true New England fashion . . . 

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #1989 on: May 08, 2014, 08:51:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

BOSTON STRONG WRONG
@idealhandmades

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1990 on: May 08, 2014, 08:55:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

BOSTON STRONG WRONG

LOL, you're on a damn roll today mate!

I was tempted to do it, but you stepped up and made it your own . . .

abraham linksys

« Reply #1991 on: May 08, 2014, 03:33:13 PM »
I think boston will bounce back and win game 4 in montreal
as long as they don't miss 5 open nets or let montreal have multiple breakaways again.
LA kings win at home they're killin it lately.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1992 on: May 08, 2014, 07:44:42 PM »
as long as they don't miss 5 open nets or let montreal have multiple breakaways again.

how about 4 cross bar dingers instead lol. still got the win though. when fraser scored i thought

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1993 on: May 09, 2014, 07:26:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

how about 4 cross bar dingers instead lol. still got the win though. when fraser scored i thought

Danny McGrath.

Really squeaked that one by last night during a relatively unnerving game.

Let's hope we can just take it back to Boston and end it . . .   

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1994 on: May 09, 2014, 12:13:11 PM »
Leafs give Carlyle a two year contract extension... MLSE is fucking regular.

abraham linksys

« Reply #1995 on: May 09, 2014, 03:15:37 PM »
at least boston keeps it interesting. good for matt fraser getting called up while eating chipotle and then scoring the game winner.
anyways penguins end the series tonight at home.
chicago/minnesota is tricky. the wild looked good at home so I think they'll take game 4.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1996 on: May 09, 2014, 10:50:37 PM »

Shanny is giving the whole thing another year...if the leafs don't make the playoffs he brings in new GM and coach...he couldnt do it that quick....Nonis is going all in.

I found the move refreshing because so many teams just gas the coach when really the team is just shitty......

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #1997 on: May 10, 2014, 12:02:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Shanny is giving the whole thing another year...if the leafs don't make the playoffs he brings in new GM and coach...he couldnt do it that quick....Nonis is going all in.

I found the move refreshing because so many teams just gas the coach when really the team is just shitty......

Yeah, building a team takes a little while. This is only the second full season Carlyle's been in Toronto and he got them to the post season last season for the first time in like seven years.

Nick..

« Reply #1998 on: May 10, 2014, 04:02:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, building a team takes a little while. This is only the second full season Carlyle's been in Toronto and he got them to the post season last season for the first time in like seven years.
Carlyle turned the team into one of the worst puck possession and worst defensive teams in the NHL, was behind the bench in the collapse in game 7, behind the bench when they lost 8 straight in March, made terrible roster decisions all season long, and preferred playing shittier players with grit than better players with skill. What exactly has he done for him to warrant a two year contract extension?

The fact that Nonis is a lame duck GM doesn't help anything either. Nonis will have to work miracles this summer in order for this team to have a season like 2012-13.

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1999 on: May 10, 2014, 09:01:42 PM »
The Bruins finally play a rather dominate game against Montreal, effectively containing Subban throughout most of the game.

That 3rd line for the Bruins is paying off dividends these playoffs.

Rask was getting psychical as well; saw a couple of blocker shots to the head during goal-line pile-ups.

On a side note: Subban acts like a footballer with pads and skates, constantly whining, embellishing, & talking shit. He at one point claimed that he had water sprayed in his face from the Bruins bench & upon replay, revealed nothing of the sort . . .

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #2000 on: May 10, 2014, 09:17:14 PM »
PK Subban... Does PK stand for Poutine King?

abraham linksys

« Reply #2001 on: May 10, 2014, 11:31:27 PM »
I agree. the bruins finally made them play their brand of hockey.
and I could watch PK get mad all day. ;D

bakingsoda

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #2002 on: May 10, 2014, 11:54:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Carlyle turned the team into one of the worst puck possession and worst defensive teams in the NHL, was behind the bench in the collapse in game 7, behind the bench when they lost 8 straight in March, made terrible roster decisions all season long, and preferred playing shittier players with grit than better players with skill. What exactly has he done for him to warrant a two year contract extension?

The fact that Nonis is a lame duck GM doesn't help anything either. Nonis will have to work miracles this summer in order for this team to have a season like 2012-13.
Like I said, give it time. The game 7 collapse happened when they players on the ice started playing soft for the last ten minutes and then feel back on their heels once Boston scored. The 8 game lose streak was awful, but again, I'm not sure that qualifies as proof of a coach's abillities with a team. Is Ken Hitchcock bad for the blues? Cause the blues only won two of their last twelve regular season games. Carlyle was also behind the bench when the leafs had their first six game win streak since '07 or something.

Nick..

« Reply #2003 on: May 11, 2014, 06:38:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Like I said, give it time. The game 7 collapse happened when they players on the ice started playing soft for the last ten minutes and then feel back on their heels once Boston scored. The 8 game lose streak was awful, but again, I'm not sure that qualifies as proof of a coach's abillities with a team. Is Ken Hitchcock bad for the blues? Cause the blues only won two of their last twelve regular season games. Carlyle was also behind the bench when the leafs had their first six game win streak since '07 or something.
The Blues won a franchise record 52 games this year and still ended up 2nd in the West. Carlyle's system didn't work considering they gave up 36 shots a game and relied heavily on Bernier to win them games. Bernier went down, Reimer was god awful, goodbye season. The extension makes even less sense because he already had a year left on his contract. I would have rather see how well he'd do during the last year of his current deal than get rewarded... after watching the season collapse like a cheap tent. He said multiple times during that losing streak that he had no clue what was going wrong, which is weird considering the Leafs defensive issues were an issue all season.

abraham linksys

« Reply #2004 on: May 12, 2014, 04:19:00 PM »
as much as I want boston to win tonight I think montreal will win and push it to 7 games for boston to close it out at home.
wouldn't be mad if boston did win tonight tho.
I think the LA kings win on the road since they won game 1 and 2 in Anaheim already.

2014: year of the water bottle.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2005 on: May 12, 2014, 07:31:51 PM »
pathetic and disgusting attempt by the bruins to play hockey and as if it couldnt get any worse the end of the game wasnt even hockey anymore, it was a bunch of 3 year old toddlers throwing an undeserved hissy fit on the ice.

and one more thing: Chara, you think maybe you want to try and do anything to pacioretty on that break away you gave him? push him, dive at him throw a shoe at him, do fucking something seriously you let him go untouched because what you didnt want a penalty.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2006 on: May 12, 2014, 11:04:57 PM »
Boston....gotta do it the hard way......

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2007 on: May 13, 2014, 08:05:51 AM »

Truth from Soy & Cronkite.

Embarrassing performance . . .

At least Game 7 is in Boston . . . 

idealhandmades

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
    • IDEAL Handmades - Skateboards avatar image
« Reply #2008 on: May 13, 2014, 12:26:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

oh, good. That way the houseflies that are permanent residents of The Garden (which can be seen everytime they go to that birdseye shot above center ice, flyin' around, almost delivering the piss smell from the arena, straight to the home viewer) can watch the Bruin's disappoint us all again.

Start working on your article about how racist fans tweeted at P.K. Subban after he scores the overtime goal to beat us tomorrow, today, Boston Herald writers...
@idealhandmades

Jim and Dan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2009 on: May 13, 2014, 01:08:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

oh, good. That way the houseflies that are permanent residents of The Garden (which can be seen everytime they go to that birdseye shot above center ice, flyin' around, almost delivering the piss smell from the arena, straight to the home viewer) can watch the Bruin's disappoint us all again.

Start working on your article about how racist fans tweeted at P.K. Subban after he scores the overtime goal to beat us tomorrow, today, Boston Herald writers...

The Boston Herald comment was absolutely spot-on; journalism often gives me a delightful chuckle. 

The Cuff is never wrong, hence the premonition may come to fruition . . .