Author Topic: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?  (Read 93142 times)

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
Re: Corona Virus. What's going on where you live?
« Reply #330 on: March 16, 2020, 06:22:46 AM »
The smoke shop that i supply with kratom, asked me for a very big order. People have already gone to their shop and stocked up and bought most of their inventory.
But I don’t want to risk not having a couple months supply for myself.
I think I’m going to have to tell the shop that I’m not going to get them their order until I get a new full shipment, which idk when that will be.
I have enough to last me 3-4 months at the moment.
This might fully end my little kratom side hustle.

Yep, for sometime. Sad thing is, kratom has a compound in it that treats some corona viruses.

Ya can pubmed that one if ya want
Gentleman ninja warlock

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #331 on: March 16, 2020, 06:51:42 AM »
Quarantine going down today in CA. Wife and I both work for the county, different agencies, but she was notified last night not to come in until further notice. I ON THE OTHER HAND have been deemed essential and need to report to work as normal... Nothing my department does is essential. Most counties don’t even have one. I’m so pissed.

Francis Xavier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2272
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #332 on: March 16, 2020, 07:11:46 AM »
Vans sent out an email stating all their US and Canads stores will be closed until April 5th,pending what comes.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 598
« Reply #333 on: March 16, 2020, 07:27:13 AM »
Expand Quote
if you think the russian facebook troll teams are exclusive to russia you are sorely mistaken.

america's military defense is so overpowered the nations looking to destabilize the west have taken to sneaky covert tactics like infiltrating our online communities and online video games (using VPN) to mentally harass americas vulnerable youth to the point that they do things like shoot up fucking schools.

What China would like to do to white westerners would make the holocaust look like a school shooting.
[close]

Expand Quote
You have been warned
[close]

Drumming up some fear, huh? You realize that China is barely able to keep their own people in line, right? You realize that more than a quarter of their fighting aged population has COPD from their shitty air? And that they significantly outnumber the heads of their unpopular government? Plus, I see their young people would rather watch basketball than kill all the honkies. So yeah, consider me warned, but not at all worried about your genocide fantasy. Take it back to /pol, homie.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

lady fanny

• Rep: -52
« Reply #334 on: March 16, 2020, 07:33:32 AM »
Can I just say that the numbers the Chinese are putting out are near damn worthless? I don't trust those at all.
Lady Fanny from Omaha

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #335 on: March 16, 2020, 07:45:27 AM »
Also, whoever said people 40+ are most affected is full of shit. People who are 80+ are most affected.

Whoever said China will cut off pharmaceutical supply is also full of shit. The vast majority of precursors and starting materials can be obtained from petrol companies. So even if they did, it wouldn’t mean shit.

Try better lies next time.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
« Reply #336 on: March 16, 2020, 07:51:32 AM »
Anyone defending China is obviously a troll or someone highly dependent on the Chinese current model of slavery.

People saying racist and genocide are missing the point entirely. No one is saying Fuck Korea, Fuck Vietnam, Fuck Laos etc.

This isn't a racial thing it's a cultural thing.

Abuse warrants punishment. Widespead abuse warrants widespread punishment.

JudoOrigami

• Rep: -90
« Reply #337 on: March 16, 2020, 07:52:39 AM »
Anyone ever sit through a full class detention because no student would fess up to crime? A limited few CAN ruin EVERYTHING for EVERYONE ELSE

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #338 on: March 16, 2020, 08:20:55 AM »
Quarantine going down today in CA. Wife and I both work for the county, different agencies, but she was notified last night not to come in until further notice. I ON THE OTHER HAND have been deemed essential and need to report to work as normal... Nothing my department does is essential. Most counties don’t even have one. I’m so pissed.
County worker here too working with like 100 people in a small office. Fucking bullshit.

Ghost Lurker

• Rep: 17
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #339 on: March 16, 2020, 08:39:31 AM »
Getting my oil changed cus I’m on 20% going on the recommended 15%. I normally get some looks for being a long haired rocker looking guy near the edge of rural Midwest state I live in, but folks looked at me weird for wearing my rubber gloves, so I’m standing outside in the cold.

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #340 on: March 16, 2020, 08:52:05 AM »
Anyone defending China is obviously a troll or someone highly dependent on the Chinese current model of slavery.

People saying racist and genocide are missing the point entirely. No one is saying Fuck Korea, Fuck Vietnam, Fuck Laos etc.

This isn't a racial thing it's a cultural thing.

Abuse warrants punishment. Widespead abuse warrants widespread punishment.

So do you skate, or do you just spread feces?

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #341 on: March 16, 2020, 09:04:56 AM »
Bars, restaurants and stores are all closed. Central NJ is dead.
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #342 on: March 16, 2020, 09:18:57 AM »
The smoke shop that i supply with kratom, asked me for a very big order. People have already gone to their shop and stocked up and bought most of their inventory.
But I don’t want to risk not having a couple months supply for myself.
I think I’m going to have to tell the shop that I’m not going to get them their order until I get a new full shipment, which idk when that will be.
I have enough to last me 3-4 months at the moment.
This might fully end my little kratom side hustle.

I have some more of it on the way actually. That stuff has saved my life in a big way. Straight up quashes opiate cravings for me which is insane. I know some people don't think highly of consistent kratom usage but I'd most likely be dead or doing huge time like everyone else I used to use with. Best of luck to you and pm me if you need to off some.

I'm very concerned about the economy after this. There is no way that there won't be serious economic repercussions from this and if America doesn't implement some seriously better social welfare programs than they do now, we're going to be fucked. I know so many people living pay check to pay check. If my place didn't burn down. I would be that person. I feel so incredibly lucky to be shut in and not have to go out. For anyone that does, please try to stay safe.

Also, and this is going to come off corny, but if anyone is seriously freaking out, feel free to pm me. I'm not going to pretend I have my shit together but I'm happy to talk to anyone really going through some shit and I have plenty of time to. Just wanted to put that out there.

Pretty curious, how much food did everyone stockpile if they were able to?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #343 on: March 16, 2020, 09:22:34 AM »
Also, whoever said people 40+ are most affected is full of shit. People who are 80+ are most affected.

Whoever said China will cut off pharmaceutical supply is also full of shit. The vast majority of precursors and starting materials can be obtained from petrol companies. So even if they did, it wouldn’t mean shit.

I was the one that said they will cut of medical supplies and it was reported,  I didnt make it up.

Not am I saying it's TRUE either
Gentleman ninja warlock

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #344 on: March 16, 2020, 10:16:05 AM »
I was the one that said they will cut of medical supplies and it was reported,  I didnt make it up.

"It WAS reported but I don't have a source to back the claim that's probably bogus anyways. Just had to let out the brain fart whirling inside my cranium."

Good stuff.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #345 on: March 16, 2020, 10:21:38 AM »

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
« Reply #346 on: March 16, 2020, 10:28:50 AM »
One thing I thought was funny at my store was the vitamin aisle was plentiful whereas the rest of the store wasn’t.

Asked my boss how much our store made n he said over a million dollars in a weekend n we weren’t the only store to that. Got called in on my day off yesterday n as I walked up to the front doors at 445 in the morning (we open at 5), I had to push my way through a crowd of people like goin up to the front at a concert.

People are workin lot of overtime when usually overtime is a big no no, some are doin 12 hour days, it’s  a real weird spectacle to see all day. Good thing for me is that my job is stocking stuff n I know which loads come in at which times. I can get fish sticks, chicken nuggets, etc for my family before it gets on the shelves.

My kids Montessori hasn’t called off yet despite all other schools being closed, probably to make more money... if I have to put up weekly payments through all this I’m gonna be pissed.

Wife works at a dentist office n although gettin a bit of cancellations she’s still workin at the moment.

As for me, I have the day off, went on an early morning bike ride till I got rained on, got a nes classic in front of me, six pack of Sierra Nevadas, reefer for the week, n some shrimp I plan on making with lunch... another day in paradise.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 01:19:39 PM by AitchBeeGayBuh »

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #347 on: March 16, 2020, 11:14:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Oh my bad. I should have tried to find who said what before spouting off. You are legit. Gino’s Kush and shit.

Well, even if it is true, which I don’t think it is, it will not have a significant effect.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #348 on: March 16, 2020, 11:47:47 AM »
San jose looks like the walking dead

people are overstocking on toilet paper and lysol wipes...groceries stores have empty shelves, open coffee shops are not accepting personal cups.

Tons of people wearing masks, even saw a homeless dude with one  ???

supduude

• Rep: -2
« Reply #349 on: March 16, 2020, 01:28:02 PM »
malaga (Spain)
can't go out , either is for buying food or going to pharmacy .
all day in home lurking around Slap and listening music in Youtube.

assvogel

• Rep: 210
« Reply #350 on: March 16, 2020, 01:32:38 PM »
Live in Finland. Starting Wednesday, there's going to be a lockdown until april 14th. Everyone should either stay home or work from home if possible.

All the public places will be closed, only daycares and 1-3 grade schools will be open for those families whose parents are needed at work. Stores and pharmacies should remain open. Everyone over 70yrs should be on quarantined at their home.

No public gatherings over 10 people, which basically means everything will be closed. You also can't "hang" outside, but they said it's okay to sit on a park bench for a minute with your partner or walk the dog (but I guess skateboarding would be banned, I really don't know).

There might be more strict measures coming up in following weeks too, so things aren't looking good for now or the future.

Weird fucking times we are living. 3 weeks ago everything was normal and now we are here. It's depressing as shit.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 01:40:08 PM by assvogel »

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #351 on: March 16, 2020, 01:41:40 PM »
randoms from in and around Detroit...

people back here are still being pretty civil--at least not less civil than they usually are..

many/all "nonessential" businesses are closing tentatively...seems right for now...

i'm very fortunate--adjunct professor at two different universities, and we're pretty late in the semester, and although it's a formidable task to transition both of the classes i'm teaching to online in one week (they gave the students a week extensions on spring break), there's a lot of support from both English departments and i don't need to leave the house if i don't have to, and same with the few immediate family i have...we're pretty stocked on everything too, i'm grateful to say...

so much respect to those of you who have to be out in this out of necessity--especially those of you in all of the "front lines" fields and professions--health care, fire, etc....grateful for all you do and you're in my thoughts and prayers...

hardest thing to me so far, is just seeing how scared a lot of people look...especially older folks--look out for them good people...

...and please be safe and well yourselves...

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1489
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #352 on: March 16, 2020, 02:18:29 PM »
Athens, GA we have a curfew from 9pm to 5am I'm guessing because idiots were still going out to the bars in this college town.

Last time I left my house was to buy some last minute supplies on Friday (I'd already stocked up on basics). It was hectic, but not crazy. I'm just guessing because some people couldn't buy anything until they got paid that day.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #353 on: March 16, 2020, 02:27:05 PM »
Fuckin amazon and walmart pulled the plug on food delivery/pickup options where I live. Now I'm going to have to go in the store instead of paying someone else to do it.

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #354 on: March 16, 2020, 02:35:07 PM »
Wouldn’t it be a good idea if the government and the media promote the idea of people wearing gloves when grocery shopping?

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #355 on: March 16, 2020, 02:58:03 PM »
Wouldn’t it be a good idea if the government and the media promote the idea of people wearing gloves when grocery shopping?

Yes. They shouldn't promote it, this should be something that's enforced. If everything is closed aside from supermarkets and they're turning into scenes of mass hysteria then that's a breeding ground for a virus to spread.

People should have to wash their hands, wear face masks, and keep the necessary distance. There should also be rationed limits on what you can buy as far as necessary goods like hand sanitizer. This is what certain countries did early on and guess what? They've basically evaded the global pandemic.

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #356 on: March 16, 2020, 03:38:15 PM »
The advertising office I'm freelancing at announced that instead of mass layoffs they are going to decrease everyone's pay by 30%. We have a bunch of sports clients and a ton of programs got postponed or cut so I guess its better than keeping some and losing others. Being a freelancer, I think I will be the first to go if it doesn't workout but for now I will take my 70% and make it work.

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #357 on: March 16, 2020, 04:26:22 PM »
All Bay Area counties starting shelter in place orders for at least 3 weeks, starting tonight, midnight. For some reason, I still have to go to work.

lady fanny

• Rep: -52
« Reply #358 on: March 16, 2020, 04:54:37 PM »
poor johnes and his kratom has me feeling for the junkies who can't panhandle for 3 wks or steal or whatevver else to make ends meet. it's gonna be a lot of dopesick but hopefully a lot of recovery stories coming out of that. Corona is helping us change our lives.
Lady Fanny from Omaha

froufroufox

• Rep: 31
« Reply #359 on: March 16, 2020, 04:57:26 PM »
So I've had body aches, fatigue, and just overall lethargy/feeling like shit the past few days. No cough/fever/chills/sore throat but I'm still understandably kinda freaking out rn. I haven't left my house since Friday because i'm not trying to be around other people even with the .1% chance of having it.

I just want to feel 100% soon. In the meantime I'm working from home when I can, listening to records, and playing Skyrim on the switch.