Author Topic: New Balance # containment thread  (Read 798017 times)

WideFeet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 82
Re: New Balance # containment thread
« Reply #3840 on: January 05, 2022, 10:25:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Not that anyone cares, but had my first little session today skating the 1010’s. Took a couple minutes to get the feel for them, as I’m used to Vulc shoes and the board feel they provide. I only skated flatground, but they’re feeling great! Really stoked on these.

I took out the Ortholite insole that came stock, and threw in an Abzorb insole that came with some 379’s I had previously skated, and they feel way better. Much more supportive.
[close]

I care. I love the 1010s for comfort, haven’t skated them yet though. Looking forward to doing so soon. Right now I’m skating 440s that I was previously bitching about how I couldn’t get used to them. I pushed through that and now I’m digging them. They aren’t nearly as comfortable as 1010s though.

Kinda nervous about a $100 shoe being my go to skate shoes, but it’s not really much different than skating $85 shoes that I’ve skated multiple pairs of. Everyone says the 1010 is crazy durable too, so that will be nice.

Glad you’re digging them.

1010’s ate feeling really durable. I think they’ll age like fine wine the more I skate them.

Really want to try some 440’s now. I have a couple friends who have told me they love them.

WideFeet

• Rep: 82
« Reply #3841 on: January 05, 2022, 10:29:13 PM »
Expand Quote
When is the bronze collab coming out?
[close]

I think that collab got canned before the ad went to print in Thrasher??? They were already manufactured too I believe.
Any info Roth?

Terrible news. I never got to try a pair. I was looking forward to those. Was just looking on eBay and other places the other trying to find some pairs

burm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #3842 on: January 05, 2022, 10:56:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Not that anyone cares, but had my first little session today skating the 1010’s. Took a couple minutes to get the feel for them, as I’m used to Vulc shoes and the board feel they provide. I only skated flatground, but they’re feeling great! Really stoked on these.

I took out the Ortholite insole that came stock, and threw in an Abzorb insole that came with some 379’s I had previously skated, and they feel way better. Much more supportive.
[close]

I care. I love the 1010s for comfort, haven’t skated them yet though. Looking forward to doing so soon. Right now I’m skating 440s that I was previously bitching about how I couldn’t get used to them. I pushed through that and now I’m digging them. They aren’t nearly as comfortable as 1010s though.

Kinda nervous about a $100 shoe being my go to skate shoes, but it’s not really much different than skating $85 shoes that I’ve skated multiple pairs of. Everyone says the 1010 is crazy durable too, so that will be nice.

[close]

1010’s ate feeling really durable. I think they’ll age like fine wine the more I skate them.

Really want to try some 440’s now. I have a couple friends who have told me they love them.
My two gripes about durability of 1010s are that the collar deteriorated as soon as it touched griptape, which was mainly visual, and the tread on the sole wore through to the midsole before any other part of the shoe was close to blowing out. I definitely grind my feet too much so results will vary, but the tread is what makes me weary of spending another 100€ on them.
take what small comfort there may be left
seize what you love and damn all the rest

Toadfish Rebecchi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #3843 on: January 06, 2022, 05:35:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

I think that collab got canned before the ad went to print in Thrasher??? They were already manufactured too I believe.
Any info Roth?
[close]

Terrible news. I never got to try a pair. I was looking forward to those. Was just looking on eBay and other places the other trying to find some pairs

They were manufactured but never released.

[http://distilleryimage1.s3.amazonaws.com/ea8128aa83b711e383dc1219137b9e09_8.jpg]

concerned_parent

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #3844 on: January 06, 2022, 06:45:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

This is something new I guess
[close]
Oh hell yeah, I love this colorway. I wish they made more shoes in all black with white contrast stitching. Anyone know when these drop?
[close]
I lifted the image from my local New Balance site, so they look to be out in Europe.

There was a clean black/white 440 low too…

ah yes the new balance crockett high

good come sausage

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1186
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3845 on: January 06, 2022, 07:07:04 AM »
not an uncommon colorway

hardly art, hardly starving

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3846 on: January 06, 2022, 07:12:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

440’s skate great, but are much thinner and less padded feeling. Less durable too, but a great shoe. If the new Vans skate line wasn’t randomly working for me (on paper I shouldn’t like them) it would probably be my first choice.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #3847 on: January 06, 2022, 08:42:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

This is something new I guess
[close]
Oh hell yeah, I love this colorway. I wish they made more shoes in all black with white contrast stitching. Anyone know when these drop?
[close]
I lifted the image from my local New Balance site, so they look to be out in Europe.

There was a clean black/white 440 low too…

These are beautiful. As someone who loved that Crockett colourway but couldn't part with my 440 mids, this is very much welcome. Might even triple up.
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

rosemaryBB

• Rep: 33
« Reply #3848 on: January 06, 2022, 10:54:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

440’s skate great, but are much thinner and less padded feeling. Less durable too, but a great shoe. If the new Vans skate line wasn’t randomly working for me (on paper I shouldn’t like them) it would probably be my first choice.

In my experience they're more durable - maybe it's material dependent? Had two pairs of the Knox and am on a pair of the black gum sole ones now, both have outlasted the Crockett's I had (color way posted above)

rothdigga

• Rep: 584
« Reply #3849 on: January 06, 2022, 11:41:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Any info Roth?

Sorry guys but Toad is correct.  These ended up running into some trademark issues and had to be cancelled sadly.  Total bummer for all involved.  But fear not...it's possible the 868 model isn't totally dead just yet, so those wanting to try may still have a shot in the future. 

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1115
« Reply #3850 on: January 06, 2022, 01:28:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Any info Roth?
[close]

Sorry guys but Toad is correct.  These ended up running into some trademark issues and had to be cancelled sadly.  Total bummer for all involved.  But fear not...it's possible the 868 model isn't totally dead just yet, so those wanting to try may still have a shot in the future.

868s were good, but the 1010s are great.
I appreciate how nb keeps making stuff better (imo)

Acky Jacky

« Reply #3851 on: January 06, 2022, 06:06:31 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXXBvO5lQFo/?utm_medium=copy_link

Action Bronson using some Tiagos in the gym?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3852 on: January 06, 2022, 06:47:39 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CXXBvO5lQFo/?utm_medium=copy_link

Action Bronson using some Tiagos in the gym?

Yup. The best color too. Brown/black.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

LebowskisRug

« Reply #3853 on: January 06, 2022, 07:55:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

In my experience they're more durable - maybe it's material dependent? Had two pairs of the Knox and am on a pair of the black gum sole ones now, both have outlasted the Crockett's I had (color way posted above)

I had leather hi in the Tom Knox color way and the leather lows. In one session I wore through the stitching on the Ollie area and in a couple weeks all the leather was gone and I had a hole there. On the switch foot it would actually catch when I nollied so I glued it. Sole got bald under the ball of my foot at about the 5-6 week mark, but I loved skating them.

tzhangdox

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 521
« Reply #3854 on: January 06, 2022, 08:21:20 PM »
My white/green leather 440 highs had a really durable upper, way outlasted the gum sole.
Current pair of black 440 highs the suede is burning through quicker than the black rubber sole.

Seems to vary by specific model.

LewFarrell

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #3855 on: January 06, 2022, 09:50:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
My two gripes about durability of 1010s are that the collar deteriorated as soon as it touched griptape, which was mainly visual, and the tread on the sole wore through to the midsole before any other part of the shoe was close to blowing out. I definitely grind my feet too much so results will vary, but the tread is what makes me weary of spending another 100€ on them.

Echoing this. I blow through the sole before I even have to add a drop of shoe goo to the upper. Kind of a bummer but they're amazing shoes.

Recently picked up some 440hi's (same sizing as 1010's work for me) and some 212's (in a half size down) to try out. 508s were a no go for me, wide feet life.

typeischeap

• Rep: 106
« Reply #3856 on: January 07, 2022, 02:59:28 PM »
Copped a pair of 913s from the Orchard NYE sale, first mini session went well, great shoe and my heels are thanking me.
Unapologetic shoes and gear nerd deep into my 3rd era of skateboarding every day.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
« Reply #3857 on: January 10, 2022, 07:25:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Any info Roth?
[close]

Damn was it because the bronze logo is basically the Microsoft logo?

user18081971

« Reply #3858 on: January 10, 2022, 10:41:53 AM »
I think khakis new balance and a kohls button up is part of the microsoft dress code, if one of those people find out about bronze the company will be seized

pro club blanks

« Reply #3859 on: January 10, 2022, 11:22:31 AM »

rothdigga

• Rep: 584
« Reply #3860 on: January 10, 2022, 01:58:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Any info Roth?
[close]

[close]

Damn was it because the bronze logo is basically the Microsoft logo?

My "no-comment" will be your answer...ha.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #3861 on: January 10, 2022, 02:20:27 PM »
if i am an us9 in vans, nike, adidas,..

what size do you suggest in Tiago1010 and nb 850?
been eyeing both.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3862 on: January 10, 2022, 02:36:15 PM »
Now I’m interested in seeing this canceled Bronze collab and accompanying Thrasher ad. Anyone care to share?

iw0

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
« Reply #3863 on: January 10, 2022, 05:44:28 PM »
Now I’m interested in seeing this canceled Bronze collab and accompanying Thrasher ad. Anyone care to share?
so here was the ad (this is the only thing i saw as far as that goes).
Expand Quote
Jordan Trahan has a pic of an ad for a bronze 56k/ new balance colab on his insta story
[close]

they also briefly appeared on the german nb site too, the link below is down but they can be seen here, but i'm also posting them in case they disappear completely
https://sneakin.fr/nm868v1-nm868bfk-chaussures-new-balance-nm868-black-blue#
The new Bronze 868's are appearing on European NB sites: https://dk.newbalance.eu/en/pd/nm868/NM868V1-37089.html

Seeing prices ~£100/ >100EUR so absolutely fuck that.

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #3864 on: January 10, 2022, 06:12:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Jordan Trahan has a pic of an ad for a bronze 56k/ new balance colab on his insta story
[close]

[close]

they also briefly appeared on the german nb site too, the link below is down but they can be seen here, but i'm also posting them in case they disappear completely
Expand Quote
The new Bronze 868's are appearing on European NB sites: https://dk.newbalance.eu/en/pd/nm868/NM868V1-37089.html

[close]

How sick are these?? I honestly think the 868 is one of best (if not the best) tech skate shoe design of the last few years… loved it when it came out and still think it looks cool as fuck. The lines flow well, proportions are really balanced, details on point, right amount of puff and sick shape. Bronze color scheme just made it even better. A big shame it got canned.  :'(

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #3865 on: January 10, 2022, 06:55:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

How sick are these?? I honestly think the 868 is one of best (if not the best) tech skate shoe design of the last few years… loved it when it came out and still think it looks cool as fuck. The lines flow well, proportions are really balanced, details on point, right amount of puff and sick shape. Bronze color scheme just made it even better. A big shame it got canned.  :'(

I agree these look so sick. Definitely would like to see more of this model. I'm usually not a fan of all black shoes but these are so clean.

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #3866 on: January 10, 2022, 09:03:52 PM »
I think the 868 was just ahead of its time. Bring er back!

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 245
« Reply #3867 on: January 10, 2022, 10:16:24 PM »
868 needs to comeback full time. better than the tech westgate and looks more like a made in usa nb.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3868 on: January 10, 2022, 11:43:27 PM »
868 in synth and I'm yours for life

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Sk.A.T.A.N

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 712
  • aka Sk.A.N.Y.E.
« Reply #3869 on: January 11, 2022, 02:02:04 AM »
868 needs to comeback full time. better than the tech westgate and looks more like a made in usa nb.

Totally agreed. Better than the Tiago IMO too (at least look wise).
You can colorblock it in the classic New Balance Grey's from the 99X's series and get a fuckin' banging of a shoe.

R.I.P RUSTY/FRIP